tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

5 hours ago, badanov said:

During a firefight, especially in an urban area, phones should be ringing off the hook, from concerned neighbors and from bad guys and  spies.

My latest incursion in Leskovets, I didn't hear  any phone ring.

They've got them on silent so as not to attract attention to themselves.

• Like 1

TPW MODS 20190525: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7w3b1h0l0834un/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes:

• [CORE 1.71, FOG 1.75, SOAP 1.47] Added preliminary support for Livonia DLC terrain.
  • [ALL] Added global delay to all mods to allow all TPW CORE functions to complete initialising.
  • [CARS 1.66] Improved range of default Arma3 vehicles spawned (more vans and trucks). Prevent cars from running out of fuel. Better stuck car removal code.
  • [CROWD 1.18] Improved idle animation speeds. Distant simulation disabled civs will now disperse if cars nearby. Injured/dead crowd civs will now be removed after 30 seconds or so, if not in view of player.
  • [HUD 1.74] Simplified unit dots brightness will match overall HUD brightness (thanks Zakuaz).
  • [MUFFLER] Reduced engine/rpm pitch correlations (ie engines won't rev to such high rpm). Vans now get more appropriate diesel MRAP sounds. Trucks get more appropriate Ural sounds.
  • [PUDDLE 1.03] Will use Livonian puddle objects if available.

I’ve  broken my long standing injunction against using the sometimes flakey dev version to get my hands on the Livonia terrain. Pretty impressive for a prerelease, let’s hope they sort out the poor urban performance, shrink the buildings a little, add a bit more diverse content and get the background ambient noise sorted out. In the mean time , TPW MODS will help you enliven it. Currently the ambience is Russian, I’ll get to work on a Polish pack.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

can you make a Delay for the people who commandre from the vehicle... they looks very weird when they just disappear 

50 minutes ago, AirShark said:

can you make a Delay for the people who commandre from the vehicle... they looks very weird when they just disappear 

You're big on delays aren't you? You need to stop killing civs and kicking them out of cars :)

I actually used to have AI who left a commandeered vehicle just move to the nearest building, to despawn but somewhere along the line this went pear shaped and one or both of them would just stand there. I'll investigate further.

• Haha 1

@tpw

Thank you for your continuing support for this mod! Quick question, if you don't mind: Is the Rosche, Germany terrain supported?

Cheers and have a good weekend sir!

13 minutes ago, Riksen said:

@tpw

Thank you for your continuing support for this mod! Quick question, if you don't mind: Is the Rosche, Germany terrain supported?

Quick answer: yes. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Riksen said:

@tpw

Yes it is. I’ve had wolves chasing me round there. At least I thought they were.

• Like 1

You're big on delays aren't you? You need to stop killing civs and kicking them out of cars 🙂

I want to use TPW civs along with  suicide bombers on the spawn to make checkpoints useful and to interact civis for simple missions.. and sometimes for war crimes so I can use them as Human shields : p

I actually used to have AI who left a commandeered vehicle just move to the nearest building to despawn

and if they are in the open and there is no buildings around ?? I don't think complicating things will make a better solution... I suggest to make it as it was before because watching them disappear in the front of your eyes is just weird and complicating the process will leads to fatal issues... so the Delay is the best solution for performance friendly and bug free = )

On 5/23/2019 at 12:36 AM, tpw said:

So you need to be suppressed by 3 or more bullets in 10 seconds. A single bullet won’t do it. Also, make sure that you have ebs.pbo, which contains the invisible shell

A few days I experimented with this. It seemed to me that during player suppression, I saw a recorded heart rate, but I never saw any other visual effects (blurring of visibility). 

TPW you really added visual effects?

Several times I came under fire from a machine gunner, who hit into a corner of the building, behind which I hide myself, but I have never seen any blur of player vision. Either your supression effect is negligible or I do something wrong.

PS:  As I see the suppression. 

It seems to me that the greatest influence on the player should have bullets that do not fly past overhead, but which hit near the player into various objects - ground, buildings, stones, walls, etc. Everything that gets close, maybe within one meter.
Even one bullet should have an impact on the player (short and not strong blur), however, with each subsequent bullet the influence should increase to more strong blur. To avoid unnecessary calculations, supression can have a threshold of player influence within a 1-6 bullets for example. Maximum bullets - this will be the maximum supression influence and maximum blur. (Machinegunners triumph!)

All that is above this maximum supression bullets should not have calculations, to save game performance.

I seem to be seeing some different AI activity ( Skirmish ) after grabbing this latest TWP update.

They used to respond quickly and return fire, now I can shoot and kill one of them in a squad and the rest of them just keep walking along hahah...  like they are stuck in "safe".  So I shoot the next guy,  they keep walking etc... They will eventually start to shoot back but by then it's too late because they didn't disperse and get into combat quickly.

2 minutes ago, Zakuaz said:

I seem to be seeing some different AI activity ( Skirmish ) after grabbing this latest TWP update.

They used to respond quickly and return fire, now I can shoot and kill one of them in a squad and the rest of them just keep walking along hahah...  like they are stuck in "safe".  So I shoot the next guy,  they keep walking etc... They will eventually start to shoot back but by then it's too late because they didn't disperse and get into combat quickly.

Skirmish periodically puts squads into careless mode, so that they don’t spend their whole time sprinting over the map. Battle conditions should snap them out of this though. I’ll have a look shortly.

@mickeymen I told you the effect was subtle 😉

Do you have radial blur enabled in your video settings? The higher you set it the more pronounced the blur will be. 

I’ll have a look at adding some additional blur, but I should warn you I’m not going to go Hollywood with this.

25 minutes ago, tpw said:

@mickeymen I told you the effect was subtle 😉

Do you have radial blur enabled in your video settings? The higher you set it the more pronounced the blur will be.

Yes of course, I have 100 percent.I certainly can do 200 percent, but it will have negative consequences for other things.

25 minutes ago, tpw said:

I’ll have a look at adding some additional blur, but I should warn you I’m not going to go Hollywood with this.

No no i don't force you to do it!

I would just like you to give the player the some settings with which he can influence the power of the supression blur.

Of course if this possible!

For example, it may be a multiplier 1.0 If the player reduces it then he will get less effect, if he increases then the player will get more effect. It will also be possible to reduce to full zero.

That way you could satisfy every user! :smileee:

As for Hollywood, I do not think that the suppression (blurring) is Hollywood. As seems to me the Suppression Blur is the most accessible supression simulation method in PC games. Better method is difficult to imagine.

I only recently found this mod and I am super interested in giving it a shot!

After a couple hit or miss attempts at installing the mod, I believe I managed to do it right after I got the "TPW Initializing" message on the top of my screen when I load in. After this however, my game freezes and crashes, giving me a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION error any time I load into a mission.

I couldn't find anything relating to the error and TPW combined on Google or any sort of forums, and I've tried troubleshooting the error code itself with no luck.

If anyone has any insight I'd be very thankful.

@AirShark

@mickeymen

@Zakuaz

Please download TPW MODS again. I've incorporated each of your suggestions. If they're OK then I'll announce the release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Ruthal said:

I only recently found this mod and I am super interested in giving it a shot!

After a couple hit or miss attempts at installing the mod, I believe I managed to do it right after I got the "TPW Initializing" message on the top of my screen when I load in. After this however, my game freezes and crashes, giving me a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION error any time I load into a mission.

I couldn't find anything relating to the error and TPW combined on Google or any sort of forums, and I've tried troubleshooting the error code itself with no luck.

If anyone has any insight I'd be very thankful.

Hmm I've never heard of that one before. Did you try running the installer script in the download? That should put everything where it needs to go.

EDIT: I just had a thought. When did you download TPW MODS? You might have tried to download it just as I was updating it through Dropbox. Please try downloading it again just to be sure.

Checking in to report the AI via TPW Skirmish are reacting much better it seems.

I shot at two different foot squads and this time as soon as one got shot they ducked and dispersed as they returned fire, much funner then seeing them just continue to walk along unphased haha.

Not conclusive but I'll keep playing and see if they continue to perform as expected.

EDIT for an idea.

Would it be possible to have AI ( maybe just your squad ai) turn / face and aim in the direction of distant gunfire/firefight, maybe within 600m or make it configurable?  Not sure if this falls into the realm or scope of the TPW mod set but it would be cool to see AI look a little more aware...oh there ya go, TPW Aware mod haha.

On 5/26/2019 at 5:24 AM, tpw said:

@AirShark

@mickeymen

@Zakuaz

Please download TPW MODS again. I've incorporated each of your suggestions. If they're OK then I'll announce the release.

Thank you so much! Now I saw your suppression effect!  Let me have a little discussion:

1) Yet it seems to me that it looks a bit strange - I saw, for a few seconds (3-5 sec) the blur remains, even  when the player already is no longer under fire!  As seems to me (IMHO) If the your blur was shorter in duration and would react more accurately to each shot, while a few shots in a row will increase his degree - then it would be much better. Such supression system - This would allow to player feel every shot of the enemy, which will hit near!

2) I checked - the Player’s own bullets will not affect the player blur. This is a bad moment for the any suppression system, this moment does not look adequate. Why player need your own suppression? When a player hides behind any cover (stone, wood, low stone fence, or in the window portal), shooting at an enemy, he may accidentally hit into his cover, located in front/near of him or even can hit in the other near obstracles in his fire direction (for example, in a forest with a lot of trees) In this case, its own bullet should also cause a blur effect. If not, then it looks not good because suppression impact cannot choose bullets (own/enemy) this should work for all bullets. Please Try to make the player’s bullets also create a some blur effects (if the player bullet hits near the him)

Thank you for your attention, regardless of whether you consider my wishes or not, I say thank you very much!

14 hours ago, tpw said:

Hmm I've never heard of that one before. Did you try running the installer script in the download? That should put everything where it needs to go.

EDIT: I just had a thought. When did you download TPW MODS? You might have tried to download it just as I was updating it through Dropbox. Please try downloading it again just to be sure.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I believe I had downloaded them last night at around 8pm if I recall correctly. I tried again with a fresh download this morning and it managed to load the system into the Virtual Arsenal. When I tried to play a night ops mission from the base game, it crashed before it faded in from black.

@TPW - great updates as always but I found a problem in skirmish.

In a few previous builds, I don't remember due to all the updates but maybe 3 or more ago,

(EDIT - I think before the EASTER releases in May, last build I used was from April but I deleted it and cannot find it a few pages back.)

if  I set any of the sides of SKIRMISH to more than 1 custom unit, it will usually cycle through and spawn subsequent squads with other mods:

EG Spawn X squads of A, then if x-1 squads of A die off, it will spawn a squad of B for that side.

This worked before but with the newest build, It will keep spawning only team A for either sides.

Example:

tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring[] = {"mbg_u_alien*","sab_ext*","zeta*","armst_*"}; 

Can you look into this for custom units?

16 hours ago, mickeymen said:

Thank you so much! Now I saw your suppression effect!  Let me have a little discussion:

1) Yet it seems to me that it looks a bit strange - I saw, for a few seconds (3-5 sec) the blur remains, even  when the player already is no longer under fire!  As seems to me (IMHO) If the your blur was shorter in duration and would react more accurately to each shot, while a few shots in a row will increase his degree - then it would be much better. Such supression system - This would allow to player feel every shot of the enemy, which will hit near!

2) I checked - the Player’s own bullets will not affect the player blur. This is a bad moment for the any suppression system, this moment does not look adequate. Why player need your own suppression? When a player hides behind any cover (stone, wood, low stone fence, or in the window portal), shooting at an enemy, he may accidentally hit into his cover, located in front/near of him or even can hit in the other near obstracles in his fire direction (for example, in a forest with a lot of trees) In this case, its own bullet should also cause a blur effect. If not, then it looks not good because suppression impact cannot choose bullets (own/enemy) this should work for all bullets. Please Try to make the player’s bullets also create a some blur effects (if the player bullet hits near the him)

Thank you for your attention, regardless of whether you consider my wishes or not, I say thank you very much!

No problems mick, I'll definitely shorten the blur time considerably. I'll see what I can do about the player suppressing himself, it might be a problem using the invisible suppression shell around the player.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Valken said:

@TPW - great updates as always but I found a problem in skirmish.

In a few previous builds, I don't remember due to all the updates but maybe 3 or more ago,

(EDIT - I think before the EASTER releases in May, last build I used was from April but I deleted it and cannot find it a few pages back.)

if  I set any of the sides of SKIRMISH to more than 1 custom unit, it will usually cycle through and spawn subsequent squads with other mods:

EG Spawn X squads of A, then if x-1 squads of A die off, it will spawn a squad of B for that side.

This worked before but with the newest build, It will keep spawning only team A for either sides.

Example:

tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring[] = {"mbg_u_alien*","sab_ext*","zeta*","armst_*"}; 

Can you look into this for custom units?

Well spotted @Valken. Fix is being worked on.

Just now, tpw said:

No problems mick, I'll definitely shorten the blur time considerably. I'll see what I can do about the player suppressing himself, it might be a problem using the invisible suppression shell around the player.

Thank you!
As for himself-supression, it is possible in Arma3!

I saw it in the VeteranMod. I really liked the ability - for several years it worked well, but in the latest versions of their releases they broke something and now it does not work ( 

16 hours ago, Ruthal said:

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I believe I had downloaded them last night at around 8pm if I recall correctly. I tried again with a fresh download this morning and it managed to load the system into the Virtual Arsenal. When I tried to play a night ops mission from the base game, it crashed before it faded in from black.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues mate. The only long shot idea I can think of - are you running MSI Afterburner? I while ago I had issues with Arma3 crashing if I tried to load mods such as CUP. It turned out to be the old version of MSI AFterburner. I upgraded and everything was ginger peachy after that.

If that's not it then I'm shit out of ideas.

If you can get hold of your rpt file after a crash, that might offer some clues. It'll most likely be in c:\users\ruthal\appdata\arma3 (obviously I have no idea what your windows login is)

@AirShark

@mickeymen

@Zakuaz

Great job !... even better 

however, when playing I encountered unusual error when destroying a truck.. something about setfuel 

image for the error: https://imgur.com/Nwkf0T2