tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Happy Easter TPW! And thanks for the years long support and betterment of the arma experience. You are outshining even BI in you consistent support (burned by BI's decision to fully abandon ai driving 🙂  ) ...so i take my hat!

17 hours ago, tpw said:

Hi @redarmy, thanks for getting in touch. I’m on Easter holidays with my kids and can’t get to my Arma box, so will answer your questions with a high probability of making a dickhead of myself. To my understanding event handlers themselves are not hugely cpu intensive, similar to spawning lots of sleep loops. Obviously what happens once the handler is fired off is a different kettle of fish. In my experience TPW FALL is not a cpu killer, but then again I tend to use modest numbers of AI (<20) so your mileage may differ.  As for the glitch with indoor units falling, you might be onto something there, since depending on the building the unit might never make it to ground level to complete the process.  I’ll look into it as soon as I’m back. Thanks again for the heads up.

Sweet mate.

There also an error msg at mission start in editor preview regarding TPW Rain. Il take a screen shot later if i can. But its related to "Winter 2035" i believe thats a modded altis?

Anyway disabling rain sounds removes the error.

Have a good holiday with the family !

Another issue with rain fx is that the sound of rain hitting your helmet stops when you look through the scope. It’s not a biggie, just something that I noticed.

Thanks guys. I’m back from holidays (shit weather unfortunately), so will look into these issues ASAP

• Like 6

Hi TPW, I had or I should say,  have an idea...

Would it be possible to add an Armor units option to TPW Skirmish?

The random encounter nature of TPW Skirmish makes it a must use when I want to go out on extended patrols in my survival sandbox.  My version of survival isn't conventional by any stretch, I use a geared up / Hi - End AI squad and I roll around acting as a combat rescue Team in some cliche post apoc style scenario.

Here is where armor units using skirmish comes in; the new DLC map and my new hair brained idea of using a Mi-48 Kajman to fly around and rescue survivors while raising hell and blowing up armor.

Note about the use of the word "My"... means I'm using Ravage but with out the zombies someimes.  Your Skirmish ( and the entire TPW list ) coupled with Haleks Ravage modules make for some kickass situations.

It's been some time since I've read your reasonings about the set up that skirmish uses so I apologize now if I'm over reaching or asking for something that's a crazy bad idea.

• Like 1

Hi guys. So I've done a bit of work and have squashed the stuck units who fall indoors bug, and the no helmet rain noise when looking down sights bug. I can't reproduce the Winter2035 rainfx bug though. Basically, TPW_CORE sets tpw_winter2035 to true if you're on altis/stratis and are running the Winter 2035 mod. If tpw_winter2035 is true then raindrop fx won't be run. Otherwise, tpw_winter2035 should be false, and rain fx will happen. The system works properly at my end, but I will continue to look into it.

@Zakuaz you're not the first person to ask for armour support in TPW SKIRMISH. As far as I'm concerned adding armour in makes it not skirmish any more! However, I've added some experimental support for armour. By default it won't select armour. To use it you'll have to play with

tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehiclestring[] = {}; // Custom strings (comma separated) to select friendly vehicles from config
tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring[] = {}; // Custom strings (comma separated) to select enemy vehicles from config
tpw_skirmish_resistvehiclestring[] = {}; // Custom string (comma separated) to select resistance vehicles from config

and add the appropriate strings to match whatever tanks you're interested in.

I'll be releasing the changes on the weekend if all goes well with my testing.

• Like 5

TPW MODS 20190504: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7w3b1h0l0834un/TPW_MODS.zip

Latest changes:

• [HPP UPDATE REQUIRED] tpw_park_include[] = {"RDS","LOP_","CIV","CUP_C","GM"}; // strings to select classnames of custom cars ,  tpw_car_include[] = {"RDS","LOP_","CIV","CUP_C","GM"}; // strings to select classnames of custom cars
  • [CORE 1.68, SOAP 1.44, FOG 1.174] Added Kujari, Summer and Winter Weferlingen to region lists.
  • [ANIMALS 1.51] Added frog support to Summer Weferlingen.
  • [CARS 1.63, PARK 1.28] Added support for Weferlingen civilian vehicles. Car alarms only triggered once when car damaged multiple times. 
  • [CIVS 1.61, CROWD 1.15] Civilians disperse and flee properly when gunfire near the player.
  • [FALL 1.69] Fix for fallen units being stuck on the floor inside buildings.
  • [RAINFX 1.20] Fix for helmet and raised weapon rain noises failing to play when looking down sights. Will autodisable on Winter Weferlingen.
  • [SOAP 1.44] Ambient sounds disabled for several minutes if there is gunfire near the player.
  • [SKIRMISH 1.49] Added experimental support for tanks and armoured vehicles, which can be specified in tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehiclestring, tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring and tpw_skirmish_resistvehiclestring in your TPW_MODS.hpp

Gday everyone, I hope you had a good Easter. A pretty big changelog for the latest update to TPW MODS. First off, I have added various TPW MODS to the magnificent Weferlingen terrains released as part of the Global Mobilisation Creator DLC. You can say what you like about the price/value of this DLC, but the fact is that the terrains are essentially enormous chunks of completely original assets instead of rehashed A2/A3. That means there are literally dozens of new buildings, so I haven't got round to furnishing them as that will be a mammoth task. But all the other ambience stuff will work. Oh and I've critically added frog noises to the maps too. I've also tightened up the civ response to nearby battle, so that civs will run away and ambient noises will decrease when there's combat near the player. And fixed a few bugs. And lastly, I've added experimental support for armour/tanks to TPW SKIRMISH. I've tested it and it works, but YMMV. 

Take it easy! 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7

The buildings in Werferlingen will be an absolute nightmare when it comes to room clearing.

Here's hoping your furniture arrangements will make them an even bigger nightmare.

I love Werferlingen.  This is straight up tank country.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

TPW MODS 20190509: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7w3b1h0l0834un/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes:

[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]:

Spoiler

// SANITY
tpw_sanity_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_sanity_scanradius = 200; // radius around player to scan for vehicles
tpw_sanity_slowradius = 25; // any footbound friendlies within this radius around each vehicle will cause a slowdown
tpw_sanity_stopradius = 5; // any footbound friendlies within this radius around each vehicle will cause the vehicle to stop
tpw_sanity_scanspeed = 15; // default speed of scanned vehicles (m/s)
tpw_sanity_slowspeed = 7; // speed of slowed vehicles (m/s)
tpw_sanity_affectall = 1; // 0 = will only affect TPW MODS generated vehicles
//><

• [CORE 1.69] A new global variable, tpw_core_battle, will be set to true for 1-2 minutes if nearby gunfire/grenades/HE to player. This will affect ambient civilians, cars, and noises.
  • [CARS 1.64] Footbound avoidance routines moved to TPW SANITY. Cars will stop if tpw_core_battle == true. Code cleanups.
  • [CIVS 1.62, CROWD 1.16] Civs will disperse if tpw_core_battle == true, using jogging animation rather than ridiculous running animation. Stationary civs will disperse if vehicle traffic is close by.
  • [DUCK 1.08] tpw_core_battle will be set to true after grenade explosions. 
  • [SANITY 1.00] *NEW MOD* Vehicle AI will temporarily slow down or stop near footbound friendly players and AI.
  • [SKIRMISH 1.50] Footbound avoidance routines moved to TPW SANITY. tpw_core_battle will be set to true after HE explosions. 
  • [SOAP 1.45] Ambient noises will be reduced if tpw_core_battle == true.

Greetings all. Another reasonably substantial set of changes, centered around 2 things: 1 - an improved system for detecting battle (gunfire/HE explosions, grenade explosions) around the player and having the footbound and vehicle driving civilian AI react to it, and 2 - a brand new mod, TPW SANITY (readme), to try to get vehicular AI from trashing footbound friendlies and the environment around the player. It's not 100% perfect but it works better and has better performance than my previous attempts which caused units near AI vehicles to disappear/reappear. As part of this update I've written myself a Python based system for automating the TPW MODS update procedure and pushing it to Dropbox. Part of this means that there will from now on only be TPW_MODS.zip, rather than a datestamped version. This is largely because my useless service provider throttles uploads to under 50kB/sec, which means uploading a new 125+MB TPW_MODS_YYYYMMDD.zip to Dropbox can take hours. With the new system Dropbox only uploads the parts of the TPW_MODS.zip that have changed, which takes a few minutes. So it's easier for me to push updates in a timely fashion.   I hope you enjoy the fruits of all this labour, and as usual I'm all ears if you have bug reports and suggestions.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Dear gods..... What ISP stays in business doing that?!

1 minute ago, RabidStoat said:

Dear gods..... What ISP stays in business doing that?!

Optus cable in Australia. Go figure.

Good day TPW.

Please do a back-to-belly animation after the soldier was treated after heavy injuring a much slower.

Example:

This is BLEEDOUT module.

tpw_bleedout_ithresh = 0.85; // damage beyond which a unit will writhe around incapacitated (1 = dead)

The unit received a blood loss threshold> 0.85 and it falls to the ground.

After such an event it is impossible to quickly turn over.

It does not look natural - After being injured a person cannot be so fast ;)

On 5/13/2019 at 7:57 AM, mickeymen said:

Good day TPW.

Please do a back-to-belly animation after the soldier was treated after heavy injuring a much slower.

Example:

This is BLEEDOUT module.

tpw_bleedout_ithresh = 0.85; // damage beyond which a unit will writhe around incapacitated (1 = dead)

The unit received a blood loss threshold> 0.85 and it falls to the ground.

After such an event it is impossible to quickly turn over.

It does not look natural - After being injured a person cannot be so fast 😉

Totally agree mate. I've updated TPW ANIMSPEED accordingly, and will release in a day or two.

• Like 3

TPW MODS 20190515: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7w3b1h0l0834un/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes:

[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]

Spoiler

// CIVS
tpw_civ_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_civ_delay = 5; // delay (sec) until civ spawning starts
tpw_civ_radius = 150; // radius (m) around player to check for house and spawn civs
tpw_civ_density = 5; // how many houses per civ. 0 = ambient civs disabled
tpw_civ_maxsquadcas = 4; // maximum number of civilian casualties that can be inflicted by squad
tpw_civ_maxallcas = 50; // maximum number of total civilian casualties
tpw_civ_casdisplay = 1; // what to do if casualty threshold exceeded (0 -nothing, 1 - popup message, 2 - end mission)
tpw_civ_maxciv = 20; // maximum number of civs to spawn regardless of tpw_civ_density
tpw_civ_init = ""; // function or script to run when each civ is spawned. e.g. "_this call your_function", or "[_this,2] execvm 'your_script.sqf'", where _this is the civ 
//><

• [ANIMS] Reduced speed of rolling onto front from injury (Thanks mickeymen).
  • [CARS 1.65] Drivers/passengers from commandeered vehicles will simply despawn. 
  • [CIVS 1.63] Civs will move off the road if cars pass nearby, and will immediately head to the nearest building and stay there for the duration of battle or rain. Civ to civ interaction functions removed, since they are superseded by TPW CROWD. New automatic waypoint behaviour, no need for user to specify waypoint number. Reduced incidence of stuck civs. Civs closer than 25m to player will run if player's weapon is raised.
  • [CROWD 1.17] Fixed issue where crowd civs would occasionally fail to disperse. Civs closer than 25m to player will run if player's weapon is raised.
  • [DUCK 1.09] tpw_core_battle will be set to true every 10th suppression event, so that distant firefights will trigger civilian ambience changes.
  • [PARK 1.29] No car alarms on bicycles!
  • [SANITY 1.01] Collisions disabled between cars and friendlies for those occasions when the car doesn't stop in time (just to be sure!). Code improvements.
  • [SOAP 1.46] Added distant train noises for maps with rail (Weferlingen, Tanoa, Rosche, Chernarus). Please let me know if there are other maps you'd like added to this list. 

So much for the day or two. All tested and working as far as I can tell. I've really spent a lot of time lately trying to make the civilian ambience thing work as well as I can, and am pretty happy with the results. Roll into a town and you'll see and hear various stationary, walking and driving civs, which now do their best not to kill each other, and who will react to you, each other, cars, weather and combat appropriately. If lead starts flying, they'll gradually disappear, which not only looks appropriate but saves CPU cycles for Arma's ballistics etc. You'll also now hear trains in the distance on appropriate maps, which adds that extra 0.73% more ambience. Lastly, I've rejigged my animation speed config appropriately and added a slower injury roll animation as per mickeymen's request. Take it easy.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, tpw said:

Lastly, I've rejigged my animation speed config appropriately and added a slower injury roll animation as per mickeymen's request. Take it easy.

Thank you very much, very pleased that you responded so promptly!

I love this mod.

PS:  @TPW Your mod is very valuable for the Arma3 community, but still I think that TPW needs visual simulation, for the gameplay from the first person:

a) The your BLEEDOUT system works well, but the player has no visual effects, who would talk about his current condition. 

For example, when a player loses blood (no have first aid package), he does not understand what state he is in - Is he very unhealthy (lost a lot of blood) or he have only a small loss of blood? Need to urgently search for a first aid package, or can you continue the fight?

In this state, sudden death can be an unpleasant surprise for the player. In this case, the visual effects (narrowing of the visible (tunnel vision), blurring, darkening or pulsating red halo etc) could be effective indicators of the current state of the player.

b) Also, the DUCK system has its influence on AI (suppression), but this system not have influence on the suppressed player, It looks unfair! If the bullets passes next to him or when bullets hit near, the player will get a blur of view it will be cool - In this case, the DUCK will be have an impact on the player too

Mods with supression effects:

Suppress by Jokoho482 and LAxemann

VeteranMod this is best supress system, which I saw, but the truth was still a bit broken in the latest version

Mods with injure visual effects:

VeteranMod

Project injury Reaction (PiR)

Please try to think about it, maybe you can integrate something like this visual effects into TPW?

This is just a tip.  We all want TPW to get better and better!

Hope you don't mind me asking, but when I seen this: [HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]:

does that mean I have to replace the TPW_MODS.hpp I have with the TPW_MODS.hpp in the zip-file?

If so, I probably have to check by hand if all the ones and zeroes are set the way I want it. No problem with that, just asking.

13 hours ago, Hees 11th AMB said:

Hope you don't mind me asking, but when I seen this: [HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]:

does that mean I have to replace the TPW_MODS.hpp I have with the TPW_MODS.hpp in the zip-file?

If so, I probably have to check by hand if all the ones and zeroes are set the way I want it. No problem with that, just asking.

Yes, that or adding/removing the lines in your HPP that are different.

Remember, when you make the  music files for Werferlingen, "99 Luftballons"  😎

Edited by badanov
  • Like 2

For skirmish to use armor, I see the entry in the HPP but I'm not sure what "custom string" means?  I tried the - IDK wtf Im doing -  route and entered some T55a and BRP armor classnames from Global Mobilization but I'm sure I didn't do it right as I don't see nothing but the technicals they always used.

Sorry for the duh question, anyone who can point me in the right direction, much appreciated 😃

EDIT:  Ok, I see after reading around here, I'll need to enter a zero -for user specified- on the enemy type... I was leaving that to -7 and resist type to -8 hoping the custom vehicle string entries would just magically make those factions use the vehicles I specified, not the case.  looks like I need to think this over a bit more, I don't want to lose the default two factions, they are set perfectly as is for the map I'm on, I simply wanted them to show up with an old tank from time to time haha.

On 5/16/2019 at 12:36 AM, mickeymen said:

Thank you very much, very pleased that you responded so promptly!

I love this mod.

PS:  @TPW Your mod is very valuable for the Arma3 community, but still I think that TPW needs visual simulation, for the gameplay from the first person:

a) The your BLEEDOUT system works well, but the player has no visual effects, who would talk about his current condition. 

For example, when a player loses blood (no have first aid package), he does not understand what state he is in - Is he very unhealthy (lost a lot of blood) or he have only a small loss of blood? Need to urgently search for a first aid package, or can you continue the fight?

In this state, sudden death can be an unpleasant surprise for the player. In this case, the visual effects (narrowing of the visible (tunnel vision), blurring, darkening or pulsating red halo etc) could be effective indicators of the current state of the player.

b) Also, the DUCK system has its influence on AI (suppression), but this system not have influence on the suppressed player, It looks unfair! If the bullets passes next to him or when bullets hit near, the player will get a blur of view it will be cool - In this case, the DUCK will be have an impact on the player too

Mods with supression effects:

Suppress by Jokoho482 and LAxemann

VeteranMod this is best supress system, which I saw, but the truth was still a bit broken in the latest version

Mods with injure visual effects:

VeteranMod

Project injury Reaction (PiR)

Please try to think about it, maybe you can integrate something like this visual effects into TPW?

This is just a tip.  We all want TPW to get better and better!

Hi @mickeymen

Thanks for your suggestions. As you've pointed out, there are already mods that do suppression and injury stuff, including mine. But here's the deal with TPW MODS:

1 - With TPW BLEEDOUT, If the player is injured, his fatigue goes up, which kicks in vision blurring, panting, pulsing peripheral vision, as well as camera shaking to simulate increased heartrate. If he's bleeding, he leaves a train of blood (obviously), and the injury gets worse over time.  If he's severely injured then his mobility is impaired. And all the while, TPW HUD is showing the player's health decreasing. There's just no bloody way you can not know you're injured and bleeding and have death be a surprise. There's also no way I'm adding those stupid Call of Duty blood splatter fx on the screen. However just for you, I've added a function to the health display on TPW HUD, which will now turn red if the player is bleeding.

2 -   No matter what kind of player suppression is added, someone complains about it. If there's no player suppression, someone complains about it. If you use TPW EBS instead of TPW DUCK there's player suppression based on increasing player fatigue, which engages the same vision blurring, panting, red peripheral vision, camera shaking fx as injury. However just for you again, I have imported this suppression shell functionality into TPW DUCK, so you'll get those subtle fx to show that you're suppressed. And just in case you miss them, the HUD will turn red too. 

I'm putting this through more testing and will release before too long. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

some boats spawn in a very small lakes 

17 hours ago, tpw said:

If he's bleeding, he leaves a train of blood (obviously), and the injury gets worse over time.

If at this point the player would see a darkening of view or tunelling view, it would be even better. IMHO

17 hours ago, tpw said:

If he's severely injured then his mobility is impaired

Yes, I know about it. But your loss of mobility has no degrees. As far I remember, it just makes player move to the same speed of movement. I suspect that you cannot add technically different speeds for all the player’s animations, it was for this reason that I suggested visual effects that would smoothly worsen the player’s condition.

17 hours ago, tpw said:

TPW HUD is showing the player's health decreasing

In general, I do not use TPW HUD and all other vanilla indicators (stamina bar, stance indicator, weapons info, crosshair etc) I prefer the greatest possible realistic simulation, what is possible in Arma3. 

In this case, it seems to me that the visual effects could be the best simulation of pain, or player condition

17 hours ago, tpw said:

There's also no way I'm adding those stupid Call of Duty blood splatter fx on the screen.

Fully agree with you! Any splash of blood is nonsense, but I didn’t mean a splash of blood. As seems to me a pulsating red halo  (not a blood splatter), tunnelled vision, blurring with a pulsation - this all can be good simulation. IMHO

17 hours ago, tpw said:

No matter what kind of player suppression is added, someone complains about it. If there's no player suppression, someone complains about it.

The flexibility of your mod settings could solve any problem. This is a huge plus of this mod! Each user could adapt it for himself.

17 hours ago, tpw said:

If you use TPW EBS instead of TPW DUCK there's player suppression based on increasing player fatigue, which engages the same vision blurring, panting, red peripheral vision, camera shaking fx as injury.

Does it really work !? I read somewhere (I don't remember where) that the EBS module is obsolete. I thought it was not functioning and I turned it off! I will try, definitely. EBS must be used only  without DUCK module? Or can I activate them both?

17 hours ago, tpw said:

I'm putting this through more testing and will release before too long. 

Thank you so much for the excellent feedback, I really appreciate it.

Thanks for your work

19 hours ago, tpw said:

2 -   No matter what kind of player suppression is added, someone complains about it. If there's no player suppression, someone complains about it. If you use TPW EBS instead of TPW DUCK there's player suppression based on increasing player fatigue, which engages the same vision blurring, panting, red peripheral vision, camera shaking fx as injury. However just for you again, I have imported this suppression shell functionality into TPW DUCK, so you'll get those subtle fx to show that you're suppressed. And just in case you miss them, the HUD will turn red too. 

Does this mean that TPW DUCK works for the player?  I'm fine if it doesn't, as I've just always used L'axemanns suppression addon, but if it works for the player now, that's one less addon to load (albeit not a huge overhead).