tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

10 hours ago, tpw said:

By and large it is, but ACE  does implement their own versions of things which might not necessarily play well with my versions of those things :) With their extensive medical emphasis, I'm not sure how well it would play with TPW BLEEDOUT for instance. 

Personally, I don't use ACE and am not about to install it and spend the large amount of time necessary to devise workarounds for it.  

Sorry about the 2 negative posts in one day.    

my 10¢: I run TPWmods alongside ACE without issues, so long as Bleedout is disabled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RabidStoat said:

mods alongside ACE without issues

For some reason ,

every time there is someone who is associating a script / addon compabillity with ace3mod  ,

even if he doesn't even really playing with this !

Crazy right ?!:icon_backhand:

@tpw
I had a thought regarding HUD: Given that a player using it can experience a marked improvement in their own skill level while it's active, might it be possible to boost the AI skill level for any units wearing the compatible headgear? As a simulation of their own improved awareness?

• Like 2

On 2.7.2018 at 8:56 AM, tpw said:

Personally, I don't use ACE and am not about to install it and spend the large amount of time necessary to devise workarounds for it.  

Sorry about the 2 negative posts in one day.    

Not negative, it's just the way it is. Same here. E.g., I was sad that the "Advanced Ballistics" guy chose to go into the ACE framework. Means for me, I cannot use it any more. Or I use his heavily outdated non ACE version. Because with the ACE ecosystems comes too much complexity (in a "how much time can I invest" vs. "how long is a day" kind of way), after all.

• Like 2

Hi TPW I wanna report some bugs:

(only CBA and TPW Mods are loaded)

1. When first loading into a game and aiming down sights, this error pops up in the centre of the screen:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgSounds/aim4.titles'.

The number in "aim4" seems to change randomly...

2. When it starts raining, a similar error pops up:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgSounds/rain_helmet_internal1.titles'.

Again, the number in "internal1" seems to change.

I've tried to re-download your mods but nothing changes...

1 hour ago, Sam Fisher said:

Hi TPW I wanna report some bugs:

(only CBA and TPW Mods are loaded)

1. When first loading into a game and aiming down sights, this error pops up in the centre of the screen:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgSounds/aim4.titles'.

The number in "aim4" seems to change randomly...

2. When it starts raining, a similar error pops up:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgSounds/rain_helmet_internal1.titles'.

Again, the number in "internal1" seems to change.

I've tried to re-download your mods but nothing changes...

Thanks for the bug report Sam. These errors are ostensibly related to the new aiming and rain on helmet noises introduced by Lord Jarhead and myself, but I've never seen them and imagine they would only pop up if you are using an old version of the tpw_sounds.pbo  

I'll keep digging and see what I can find.

5 hours ago, tpw said:

Thanks for the bug report Sam. These errors are ostensibly related to the new aiming and rain on helmet noises introduced by Lord Jarhead and myself, but I've never seen them and imagine they would only pop up if you are using an old version of the tpw_sounds.pbo  

I'll keep digging and see what I can find.

Thanks for the reply!

That's strange. When I update my TPW Mods, I always delete the old folder then put in the new one.

I've downloaded the Armaholic version and the Dropbox version, they both have the same problem.

On my computer it says tpw_sounds.pbo was last modified on 2018/06/25, so I guess it's the newest version...

Yo tpw. Just wanted to chip in and say that I am also having the same bug as Sam Fisher, and I can verify that my installation is all in proper order. The message only appears when you first aim in a mission and not on any subsequent aiming actions, and only appears again if you reload from a save, but apart from that the new sounds are working fine as far as I can tell.

And I might be going out on a limb here, so please do pardon me if I am about to do so, but I also want to ask about the possibility of perhaps incorporating certain JBOY scripts used in his excellent Property of Mabunga mission into your mod? (With his permission of course)
To give an example, his fix for rooftop AI being stuck in the air when buildings are destroyed and his dead AI fall from vehicle scripts would be right at home at TPW Fall, and his Birds of Prey, Fish Jump, Turbo Chicken, wild dog packs and his seagulls flying in V formation scripts would be excellent additions to TPW Animals. Perhaps even his Patrol Chatter and Lights On/OFF script might fit in with TPW Mods, though I must admit I don't see for it a place in any of the existing modules.

Again, forgive me if I stepped outta line there as a simple user, its just been something on my mind that I wanted to speak out, thinking of additions to suggest to this most awesome mod.

• Like 1

Just want to say thanks mate! You've always responded to people's questions, queries, suggestions and comments and probably have one of the most frequently updated mods in the whole Arma series. Without it I would have dropped the game completely. I finally managed to get TPW working with UNSUNG and AirCAV everything spawned was courtesy of TPW. All I can say is...Sick! Thanks for all the work!

:slayer:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2018 at 1:13 AM, LarsAspra said:

Yo tpw. Just wanted to chip in and say that I am also having the same bug as Sam Fisher, and I can verify that my installation is all in proper order. The message only appears when you first aim in a mission and not on any subsequent aiming actions, and only appears again if you reload from a save, but apart from that the new sounds are working fine as far as I can tell.

And I might be going out on a limb here, so please do pardon me if I am about to do so, but I also want to ask about the possibility of perhaps incorporating certain JBOY scripts used in his excellent Property of Mabunga mission into your mod? (With his permission of course)
To give an example, his fix for rooftop AI being stuck in the air when buildings are destroyed and his dead AI fall from vehicle scripts would be right at home at TPW Fall, and his Birds of Prey, Fish Jump, Turbo Chicken, wild dog packs and his seagulls flying in V formation scripts would be excellent additions to TPW Animals. Perhaps even his Patrol Chatter and Lights On/OFF script might fit in with TPW Mods, though I must admit I don't see for it a place in any of the existing modules.

Again, forgive me if I stepped outta line there as a simple user, its just been something on my mind that I wanted to speak out, thinking of additions to suggest to this most awesome mod.

Hi LarsAspra

I still wasn't able to reproduce the bug at my end but have switched over from playsound to using playsound3d for these sounds, which is used for all my other sound stuff without issues.

Jboy does amazing work, but TPW MODS is about my scripts, not his :) 

12 hours ago, Cochise333 said:

Just want to say thanks mate! You've always responded to people's questions, queries, suggestions and comments and probably have one of the most frequently updated mods in the whole Arma series. Without it I would have dropped the game completely. I finally managed to get TPW working with UNSUNG and AirCAV everything spawned was courtesy of TPW. All I can say is...Sick! Thanks for all the work!

Great video mate, a bit of the Dan spices up any footage I reckon. I'm very grateful for your feedback.

• Thanks 1

On 2018/7/13 at 2:08 PM, tpw said:

Hi LarsAspra

I still wasn't able to reproduce the bug at my end but have switched over from playsound to using playsound3d for these sounds, which is used for all my other sound stuff without issues.

Jboy does amazing work, but TPW MODS is about my scripts, not his :) 

Hi TPW, good to hear from you.

My situation is exactly the same as described by LarsAspra.

Do you mind releasing a preliminary version to let us test if it solves the problem?

Thanks a lot!

Hi tpw,

is there a way to exclude single units from DUCK via the editor? E.g.set some variable in the unit's init code?

I would simply like some guys set to crouch behind sandbag walls to keep their heads up even when fired upon.

And again, thanks a lot for your great mod and the excellent support you are providing for your fans!

A.

4 hours ago, oldy41 said:

Hi tpw,

is there a way to exclude single units from DUCK via the editor? E.g.set some variable in the unit's init code?

I would simply like some guys set to crouch behind sandbag walls to keep their heads up even when fired upon.

And again, thanks a lot for your great mod and the excellent support you are providing for your fans!

A.

Hi oldy41

Actually you can already do this, I just forgot to document it.

If you put this in the AI's init field

this setvariable "tpw_duck_exclude" = 1

they'll ignore suppression.

14 hours ago, Sam Fisher said:

Hi TPW, good to hear from you.

My situation is exactly the same as described by LarsAspra.

Do you mind releasing a preliminary version to let us test if it solves the problem?

Thanks a lot!

Are you comfortable running the script versions of TPW MODS? If so let me know and I can send you the updated scripts. Or, just sit tight and I'll release the updated mod in a week or so.

• Like 2

Sure Im doing something boneheaded but am only getting one unit type selected for Skirmish:

Spoiler

tpw_skirmish_friendlyunitstring[] = {"B_CUPAFRUN_Rifleman_01","B_CUPAFRUN_Medic_01","B_CUPAFRUN_Squad_Leader_01","B_CUPAFRUN_Rifleman_AA_01","B_CUPAFRUN_Rifleman_AA_01","B_CUPAFRUN_Squad_Leader_01","B_CUPAFRUN_Rifleman_AT_01","B_CUPAFRUN_Grenadier_01"}; // Custom strings (comma separated) to select friendly units from config
tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehiclestring[] = {"B_CUPAFRUN_BRDM_2_01","B_CUPAFRUN_BTR_60PB_01","B_CUPAFRUN_M113A3_01","B_CUPAFRUN_M113A3_Ambulance_01","B_CUPAFRUN_BMP_2_01"}; // Custom strings (comma separated) to select friendly vehicles from config
tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring[] = {"O_CUPAFRReb_Rifleman_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Grenadier_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Autorifleman_2_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Rifleman_AT_2_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Warlord_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Rifleman_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Sharpshooter_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Grenadier_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Autorifleman_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Bonesetter_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Rifleman_AA_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Rifleman_Light_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Warlord_2_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Rifleman_3_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Marksman_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Rifleman_AT_2_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Bonesetter_2_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Grenadier_2_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Rifleman_AA_2_01"}; // Custom strings (comma separated) to select enemy units from config
tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring[] = {"CFP_O_ALSHABAAB_Ural_ZU_23_01","CFP_O_BH_Humvee_M2_01","CFP_O_BH_Offroad_AT_01","CFP_O_BH_Offroad_MG_01","CFP_O_BH_Pickup_PK_01","CFP_O_HEZBOLLAH_BMP_2_01","CFP_O_HEZBOLLAH_BTR_60PB_01","CFP_O_IRARMY_BMP1_01","CFP_O_IRARMY_BMP2_01","CFP_O_IRARMY_BTR_60_01","CFP_O_IRARMY_BTR_90_01","CFP_O_IRARMY_M113_01","CFP_O_IRARMY_M60_Patton_01","CFP_O_IRARMY_T55_01","CFP_O_IRARMY_T72_01","cfp_o_is_Ural_ZU23","cfp_o_is_ZSU","cfp_o_is_BMP1","cfp_o_is_BMP1P","cfp_o_is_BMP2","cfp_o_is_BMP2_PKM","cfp_o_is_BMP2_ZU","cfp_o_is_BTR40_MG","cfp_o_is_BTR40_MG_flag","cfp_o_is_M113","cfp_o_is_M113_flag","cfp_o_is_T34","cfp_o_is_T55","cfp_o_is_T72","cfp_o_is_T72_flag",
"O_CUPAFRReb_Technical_DSHkM_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Technical_PK_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Technical_SPG_01"};

....meaning every unit spawned has same clothes/gear and am pretty sure its the same type of actual unit ie Autorifleman/Crew etc

6 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Sure Im doing something boneheaded but am only getting one unit type selected for Skirmish:

Hide contents

tpw_skirmish_friendlyunitstring[] = {"B_CUPAFRUN_Rifleman_01","B_CUPAFRUN_Medic_01","B_CUPAFRUN_Squad_Leader_01","B_CUPAFRUN_Rifleman_AA_01","B_CUPAFRUN_Rifleman_AA_01","B_CUPAFRUN_Squad_Leader_01","B_CUPAFRUN_Rifleman_AT_01","B_CUPAFRUN_Grenadier_01"}; // Custom strings (comma separated) to select friendly units from config
tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehiclestring[] = {"B_CUPAFRUN_BRDM_2_01","B_CUPAFRUN_BTR_60PB_01","B_CUPAFRUN_M113A3_01","B_CUPAFRUN_M113A3_Ambulance_01","B_CUPAFRUN_BMP_2_01"}; // Custom strings (comma separated) to select friendly vehicles from config
tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring[] = {"O_CUPAFRReb_Rifleman_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Grenadier_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Autorifleman_2_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Rifleman_AT_2_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Warlord_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Rifleman_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Sharpshooter_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Grenadier_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Autorifleman_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Bonesetter_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Rifleman_AA_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Rifleman_Light_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Warlord_2_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Rifleman_3_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Marksman_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Rifleman_AT_2_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Bonesetter_2_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Grenadier_2_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Rifleman_AA_2_01"}; // Custom strings (comma separated) to select enemy units from config
tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring[] = {"CFP_O_ALSHABAAB_Ural_ZU_23_01","CFP_O_BH_Humvee_M2_01","CFP_O_BH_Offroad_AT_01","CFP_O_BH_Offroad_MG_01","CFP_O_BH_Pickup_PK_01","CFP_O_HEZBOLLAH_BMP_2_01","CFP_O_HEZBOLLAH_BTR_60PB_01","CFP_O_IRARMY_BMP1_01","CFP_O_IRARMY_BMP2_01","CFP_O_IRARMY_BTR_60_01","CFP_O_IRARMY_BTR_90_01","CFP_O_IRARMY_M113_01","CFP_O_IRARMY_M60_Patton_01","CFP_O_IRARMY_T55_01","CFP_O_IRARMY_T72_01","cfp_o_is_Ural_ZU23","cfp_o_is_ZSU","cfp_o_is_BMP1","cfp_o_is_BMP1P","cfp_o_is_BMP2","cfp_o_is_BMP2_PKM","cfp_o_is_BMP2_ZU","cfp_o_is_BTR40_MG","cfp_o_is_BTR40_MG_flag","cfp_o_is_M113","cfp_o_is_M113_flag","cfp_o_is_T34","cfp_o_is_T55","cfp_o_is_T72","cfp_o_is_T72_flag",
"O_CUPAFRReb_Technical_DSHkM_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Technical_PK_01","O_CUPAFRReb_Technical_SPG_01"};

....meaning every unit spawned has same clothes/gear and am pretty sure its the same type of actual unit ie Autorifleman/Crew etc

Hmmm. I think you might be making things more complicated for yourself than they need to be.

What happens if you just try:

tpw_skirmish_friendlyunitstring[] = {"B_CUPAFRUN"};

tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring[] = {"O_CUPAFRReb"};

Since the latest version I'm encountering the following error messages in-game:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgSounds/aimX.titles'

Where X is a number from 1 to 6.

Any idea why and how to solve it?

Had the same issue with AimpistolX.titles as well as the other errors people have mentioned.

Im very aware of the information provided by youTPW however surely you must have a direct string that works for the UNSUNG MOD 

*Custom factions and support
---------------------------- 
If you have 3rd party addons and would like to use them as factions, then if you know their classnames (NOT their faction names) you can select them by specifying text unique to the factions. For instance, to use both  the excellent ADF Uncut DPCU Australian and RHS US forces as friendlies:

tpw_skirmish_friendlyunitstring = ["_DPCU","RHSUSF"] -> will select all units with "_DPCU" or "RHSUSF" anywhere in their classnames.
    tpw_skirmish_friendlytype = [0,1,5] -> will then use ADF, RHSUSF, NATO and AAF as friendlies.

If the script cannot find any units using your specified text, then it will default back to NATO for friendlies, CSAT for OPFOR, and AAF for INDFOR.

Similarly, you can specify the classnames of the support helicopter and close support aircraft and UAV to use for each faction. You nay specify multiple classes for each, which will be chosen from at random. 

i cannot seem to get units to spawn correctly what an earth am i doing wrong this is my skirmish settings atm its set to inactive because i've given up on this 

// SKIRMISH
tpw_skirmish_active = 0; // 0 = active
tpw_skirmish_friendlysquad_max = 8; // Maximum number of friendly squads around player
tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehicles_max = 1; // Maximum number of friendly vehicles around player
tpw_skirmish_enemysquad_max = 10; // Maximum number of enemy squads around player
tpw_skirmish_enemyvehicles_max = 1; // Maximum number of enemy vehicles around player
tpw_skirmish_resistsquad_max = 8; // Maximum number of friendly squads around player
tpw_skirmish_resistvehicles_max = 1; // Maximum number of friendly vehicles around player
tpw_skirmish_minspawnradius = 500; // Minimum distance from player to spawn units/vehicles
tpw_skirmish_maxspawnradius = 2000; // Maximum distance from player to spawn units/vehicles. Units/vehicles deleted beyond this distance
tpw_skirmish_support = 2; // NATO units can call support
tpw_skirmish_enemy_support = 0; // CSAT enemy units can call support
tpw_skirmish_resist_support = 0; // AAF units can call support
tpw_skirmish_friendlytype[] = {0}; // BLUFOR: 0 = user specified,1 = NATO, 2 = NATO PACIFIC, 3 = CTRG PACIFIC, 4 = CSAT, 5 = CSAT PACIFIC, 6 = AAF, 7 = FIA, 8 = SYNDIKAT, negative values will wear shemaghs. Multiple values may be selected eg {0,1,7} will spawn user selected, NATO and FIA BLUFOR. Empty = NATO default 
tpw_skirmish_enemytype[] = {0}; // OPFOR: 0 = user specified,1 = NATO, 2 = NATO PACIFIC, 3 = CTRG PACIFIC, 4 = CSAT, 5 = CSAT PACIFIC, 6 = AAF, 7 = FIA, 8 = SYNDIKAT, negative values will wear shemaghs. Multiple values may be selected eg {4,5} will spawn CSAT and CSAT PACIFIC OPFOR. Empty = CSAT default 
tpw_skirmish_resisttype[] = {0}; // INDFOR: 0 = user specified,1 = NATO, 2 = NATO PACIFIC, 3 = CTRG PACIFIC, 4 = CSAT, 5 = CSAT PACIFIC, 6 = AAF, 7 = FIA, 8 = SYNDIKAT, negative values will wear shemaghs. Multiple values may be selected eg {-6,-7} will spawn FIA and AAF resistance, wearing Shemaghs. Empty = AAF default 
tpw_skirmish_spawntime = 30; // Time (sec) between spawning each enemy/friendly squad/vehicle
tpw_skirmish_friendlyunitstring = "uns"; // Custom string to select friendly units from config
tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehiclestring = "uns"; // Custom string to select friendly vehicles from config
tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring = "uns"; // Custom string to select enemy units from config
tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring = "uns_closed_VC"; // Custom string to select enemy vehicles from config
tpw_skirmish_resistunitstring = "uns"; // Custom string to select resistance units from config
tpw_skirmish_resistvehiclestring = "ACV"; // Custom string to select resistance vehicles from config
tpw_skirmish_casstring[] = {"uns_A7_CAS"}; // Classname/s of custom friendly CAS aircraft. Empty = NATO default CAS
tpw_skirmish_chsstring[] = {"uns_UH1H_m60_light"}; // Classname/s of custom friendly support heli. Empty = NATO default CHS
tpw_skirmish_uavstring[] = {"uns_oh6_m27r"}; // Classname/s of custom friendly UAV. Empty = NATO default UAV
tpw_skirmish_enemy_casstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom enemy CAS aircraft. Empty = CSAT default CAS
tpw_skirmish_enemy_chsstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom enemy support heli. Empty = CSAT default CHS
tpw_skirmish_enemy_uavstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom enemy UAV. Empty = CSAT default UAV
tpw_skirmish_resist_casstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom resistance CAS aircraft. Empty = AAF default CAS
tpw_skirmish_resist_chsstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom resistance support heli. Empty = AAF default CHS
tpw_skirmish_resist_uavstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom resistance UAV Empty = AAF default UAV

On 7/12/2018 at 6:39 PM, Cochise333 said:

someone please help me to get unsung mod working with TPW 

On 31.7.2018 at 1:46 PM, Irish93 said:

Load Unsung. Load TPW. Or learn to ask proper questions, because keep in mind, time of others is not endless.

@Irish93 Pretty sure that first line is wrong tpw_skirmish_active = 0; // 0 = active

Should be tpw_skirmish_active = 1; // 1 = active

• Like 1

tortuosit:

Load Unsung. Load TPW. Or learn to ask proper questions, because keep in mind, time of others is not endles

who are you my dad?

learn the interpretation of English literature i said "please" you punk

FROGGY thanks my bro finally got it working! cheers