tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

TPW Repair works good, but I have a question:  Is there a clear way to tell when the repairs are completely done?

I don't see any text message pop-up saying: "Vehicle repair complete".  And more importantly, the mechanic under the vehicle doesn't seem to disappear.  That makes it difficult to leave the gas station without running over & killing the poor guy, because he's, you know, under the vehicle.  I've waited a long time for him to disappear, but he doesn't seem to go away??  And I kinda feel bad running him over after all the great work he did for me.  Hahaha.     :-)

-Vern

29 minutes ago, heyvern69 said:

TPW Repair works good, but I have a question:  Is there a clear way to tell when the repairs are completely done?

I don't see any text message pop-up saying: "Vehicle repair complete".  And more importantly, the mechanic under the vehicle doesn't seem to disappear.  That makes it difficult to leave the gas station without running over & killing the poor guy, because he's, you know, under the vehicle.  I've waited a long time for him to disappear, but he doesn't seem to go away??  And I kinda feel bad running him over after all the great work he did for me.  Hahaha.     :-)

-Vern

He's prolly compiling your bill.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, badanov said:

He's prolly compiling your bill.

Cutting the brakelines, ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, heyvern69 said:

-Vern

He's probably "fixing" something else that wasn't broken. It's all part of the service you know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, heyvern69 said:

-Vern

Hi Vern

Sorry to hear you're having as many car service problems in game as in real life :)

I've tried auditory, visual and text clues to let people know what the status of the repairs are, without seeming too gamey. So if you can hear mechanical noise and see the mechanic, then you will know that he's still going. Once he's finished there is a message in the player sidechat to let you know that the repairs are complete. 

If you drive off before he's finished you should get a "Repairs incomplete" message in the sidechat, and the mechanic should just disappear.

By default it can take up to 5 minutes for repairs to complete, I hope you are displaying some patience!

• Like 1

Ahhhh.  That's it.  I've waited a few minutes, but not a full 5.  So I probably wasn't patient enough.  Thanks!

Try this as a suggestion:  Car alarms

Implementation of car alarms should be rare and occur maybe < 25 percent of the time, only on more or less modern vehicles, and mostly at night -- mostly. And the player should have the option of not including car alarms.  (I would use the hell out of it)

You could restrict it to more or less modern cars/vehicles and to IDAP vehicles, such as having a field which includes vehicle models.  No Ladas coz they're so old.

As an addition, a routine in which the car alarm will be set off by rifle fire within 10 meters, or a grenade or other explosion at 100 meters.

Of course, no car alarm going off at night would be complete without someone shutting it off from remote.

If TPW's taking suggestions how about fountains & refreshment stalls giving localised boosts to stamina & health regeneration? Or is that too Elder Scrolls?

• Haha 1

I'm always taking suggestions, it's 50% of the fun from modding.

I'd never thought of the car alarm concept but it would actually add a lot sonically, if not to the gameplay.  The challenge is to implement it in a way that doesn't annoy the shit out of everyone. Leave it with me!

The fountains idea is a bit elder scrolls, but at least you're not asking me to mod in bouncing boobs...

• Haha 1

That’s it ... I WANT bouncing boobs !  Make it so ... oh hold on, we only have males.  Please NO MOOBS !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You know since we got no females HDT bOObs are out of the question... 

HDT helmets on the other hand would be awesome :don8:  units headshoted with higher than 7.62 mm have their helmet unequip and setpos up above units head,watch it fall off the old noggin,thats what Arma needs,more visual gratification. We Can always create boob textures on the sides of vehicles and let arma physics take care of the HDT there lol

8 hours ago, redarmy said:

You know since we got no females HDT bOObs are out of the question... 

HDT helmets on the other hand would be awesome :don8:  units headshoted with higher than 7.62 mm have their helmet unequip and setpos up above units head,watch it fall off the old noggin,thats what Arma needs,more visual gratification. We Can always create boob textures on the sides of vehicles and let arma physics take care of the HDT there lol

There's a mod around here that does the helmet flying thing. Can't remember what it's called though.

48 minutes ago, Riksen said:

Reallistic NV effects? Maybe?

I think there's a mod for that too. I certainly recall seeing a dsylexci video that demonstrated it.

• Thanks 1

Little less Elder Scrolls: 
How about scripting to make the AI scan their local area for sources of ammunition and auto-looting them without the player having to scream themselves hoarse over the limitations of the command menu? Say if the AI is static and without orders for 1 minute+...

Still loving this but if I want to disable chainsaws, which line in tpw_soap.txt do I need to edit?

Best to comment out "tpw_soap_fnc_chainsaws = " ?

9 hours ago, domokun said:

Still loving this but if I want to disable chainsaws, which line in tpw_soap.txt do I need to edit?

Best to comment out "tpw_soap_fnc_chainsaws = " ?

Yep

Line 779: //[] spawn tpw_soap_fnc_chainsaws;

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, tpw said:

Yep

Line 779: //[] spawn tpw_soap_fnc_chainsaws;

Cheers mate

On 3/30/2018 at 6:45 AM, tpw said:

There's a mod around here that does the helmet flying thing. Can't remember what it's called though.

I believe it's this:

Along with TPW Mods and a couple of other things, this is proving to be an irreplaceable immersion booster for me. For @redarmy.

• Like 1

Oh sweet, thanks for posting that line to edit out TPW! Been wondering how to disable the chainsaw sounds! :D

3 hours ago, ContheJon said:

Oh sweet, thanks for posting that line to edit out TPW! Been wondering how to disable the chainsaw sounds! :D

Didn’t realise it was pissing people off. I will make it user configurable for the next release 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oh don't worry, it's not really making me angry or anything. I was just working on a post-apocalyptic mission, so having chainsaws going in the background was a little bit unfitting is all.

22 hours ago, ContheJon said:

Oh don't worry, it's not really making me angry or anything. I was just working on a post-apocalyptic mission, so having chainsaws going in the background was a little bit unfitting is all.

Quite. Hardly pissing off. Just a minor tweak. It's real simple; when I play MP I don't run TPW for compatibility reasons. But within moments, I feel like something's missing and then I remember...

TPW MODS 20180402: https://www.dropbox.com/s/00ftqi79g0ne6jt/TPW_MODS_20180402.zip

Changes:

[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]

• [CROWD 1.12] Crowd civs lips move to simulate conversation.
  • [FIRE 1.00] *New* Highly configurable ambient fires in barrels and fireplaces at night.
  • [HOUSELIGHTS 1.17] Improved lit house removal code.
  • [PARK 1.21] Car alarms may be set off if parked cars are damaged by gunfire or explosions.
  • [SKIRMISH 1.46] Fixed bug with vehicle/civilian collision disabling code when TPW CIVS is inactive.
  • [SOAP 1.32] Chainsaw volume is now configurable.
  • [ZOMBIES 1.01] Zombies can (optionally) track all units. Zombies will not spawn in water. 

Happy Easter everyone. I've recovered from my hot cross bun and chocolate induced coma to release a grab bag of bug fixes, half implemented feature suggestions and some new stuff too. The main feature is another inspired by the great post-apocalyptic Chernarus Redux, namely ambient fires. This map has unlit camp fireplaces scattered around the place, particularly in the reworked areas,, and in my numerous playthroughs on the map I often wished they'd light up at night. A bit of @#$%ing around with nearestterrainobjects et voila - TPW FIRE. By default this'll light up empty metal barrels, metal trash barrels and fireplaces, which means you'll see the occasional fire on maps that have these: Altis, Stratis, Chernarus Redux, Diyala etc. Some maps don't have these terrain objects, such as Tanoa. However you may configure TPW FIRE to search for and light up other objects, such as pallet stacks, tyre piles, rubbish etc.  As usual I've made it highly configurable, but of course it will lack configuration in the one area that is important to you :) So please let me know. Full documentation here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks TPW! Fire lit tire piles and trash would be perfect for those riot type missions!

On a related note to the previous build, I was on  a tour visiting a few maps over Easter Sunday in EDEN. I sat as a passenger with the AI driving through a couple of maps. Altis for example from the NE town all the way down to the SW most town.

When I pass through some of the cities, I would get an error from TPW PARK spamming errors.  I noticed the AI was driving thru roughly between 70 - 90 KM or whatever the TWP HUD VEL was measure (had glasses on by spawn).

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

E0F2EB58755229438E99A0350FE76875B37A09AC

If I walk through a town, or spawn in a town, it would be fine. I am unsure if the cpu  thread was overloaded or timing out with zombies and skirmish in the background (default settings but with custom selected units - no errors for those parameters).

I'll do some more test and see but I noticed this mainly in Altis. On a smaller map, this did not occur.