tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

TPW MODS 20180303: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1bcqgmmhbcdi12/TPW_MODS_20180303.zip

Changes:

[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]

• [PARK 1.19] Cars will spawn properly settled on their springs.
  • [SOAP 1.28] Additional traditional mid eastern music. Adjusted attenuation so that voices/music don't carry as far, to reduce "restaurant-like" ambience. 
  • [SKIRMISH 1.44] User may now specify the time period (default 5 minutes) after which dead SKIMISH units will be removed.

No rest for the wicked.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Romuald said:

Hello, in the first I want to say thank you for such a great mod, I can not do without your mod, my question is, is it possible to make the AI as CQB that go into the building, until now I have not seen that or a second SKIRMISH make for a CQB ... sorry for my english, i can only french or german. Thanks again for your great work and that you are there for us players ;-)

Hi Romauld. Thanks for the kind words, and don't worry about the English - I'm a native speaker and can't speak it properly either.

SKIRMISH currently isn't explicity set up for CQB. Squads will tend to move towards enemies, and if they happen to be in an urban environment they will use houses for cover as per their default FSM. To be honest I don't really want to go much further with their behaviour. As stated in the SKIRMISH readme

TPW SKIRMISH is not intended to be a replacement for MCC/ALIVE/DAC/UPS/UPSMON/etc. If you want highly configurable and tactically plausible AI combat scenarios with garrisoning, static weapons, armour, boats, aircraft, caching, markers, MP support etc, use one of these excellent mods. If you just want to occasionally encounter bad people when you're SP on any map, then TPW SKIRMISH might fit the bill.

Holy cow, that was fast.  Thank you so much!  Damn you're good!

P.S.  I've made a few suggestions for TPW mods in the past, but there's one I like more than the others: Would it be possible to add the ability to do a 30 second "auto-repair" for broken vehicles at gas station garages around the island?  It seems like gas station garages would be the perfect area to automatically repair vehicles.  Maybe TPW_Repair could have a 0 or a 1 (off/on) option in the config for people who didn't want gas station repairs?  But I think it would be a cool, logical, & useful function to add.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, heyvern69 said:

Holy cow, that was fast.  Thank you so much!  Damn you're good!

P.S.  I've made a few suggestions for TPW mods in the past, but there's one I like more than the others: Would it be possible to add the ability to do a 30 second "auto-repair" for broken vehicles at gas station garages around the island?  It seems like gas station garages would be the perfect area to automatically repair vehicles.  Maybe TPW_Repair could have a 0 or a 1 (off/on) option in the config for people who didn't want gas station repairs?  But I think it would be a cool, logical, & useful function to add.

No worries heyvern69, I've managed to implement a nice little solution whereby if you stop your vehicle within 10m of any fuel station it will gradually be repaired over a 30 second period, accompanied by some nice mechanic noises. You can drive off before the repairs are completed if you're impatient. I'll do a bit more playtesting and refinement and will release it within a few days.  Not sure if I should call it TPW_REPAIR, or just graft it onto one of the other mods. Thanks for your suggestions, keep em coming.

• Like 3

Great job as usual TPW. Thank you!

If you don't mind a suggestion, could we have something like TPW_NVG to make NVGs listed in the string to have more realistic effects like static, blurring and all that?

TPW MODS 20180305: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbgzi0a4vkwdddw/TPW_MODS_20180305.zip

Changes: 

[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]

• [BOATS 1.28,CARS 1.59] Reverted dev build fixes, which were bugging out on stable build!  
  • [PARK 1.20] Reduced incidence of cars spawning directly in front of player
  • [REPAIR 1.00] New mod. Damaged vehicles will automatically be repaired when pulled up at fuel stations. Thanks to heyvern69 for the suggestion.

Ok all here's heyvern69's suggestion for automatic repair at fuel stations. Just pull up next to a fuel pump, wait a few seconds and the repairs will initiate, with a few mechanic workshop noises (configurable off if you want) and a mechanic under the car. Repairs take 30 sec to complete, but you can drive off before then with incomplete repairs if you are impatient. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, tpw said:

TPW MODS 20180305: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbgzi0a4vkwdddw/TPW_MODS_20180305.zip

Changes: 

[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]

• [BOATS 1.28,CARS 1.59] Reverted dev build fixes, which were bugging out on stable build!  
  • [PARK 1.20] Reduced incidence of cars spawning directly in front of player
  • [REPAIR 1.00] New mod. Damaged vehicles will automatically be repaired when pulled up at fuel stations. Thanks to heyvern69 for the suggestion.

Ok all here's heyvern69's suggestion for automatic repair at fuel stations. Just pull up next to a fuel pump, wait a few seconds and the repairs will initiate, with a few mechanic workshop noises (configurable off if you want) and a mechanic under the car. Repairs take 30 sec to complete, but you can drive off before then with incomplete repairs if you are impatient. 

A suggestion for a realism setting for the new repair mod:

0 = inactive

1= active

2 =  realism, where repairs can take between 10 and 30 minutes, randomly determined.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, badanov said:

0 = inactive

1= active

2 =  realism, where repairs can take between 10 and 30 minutes, randomly determined.

3 = hyper-realism, where your car returns making sounds it didn't make before and driving worse :P

• Like 1

9 hours ago, badanov said:

0 = inactive

1= active

I love it. 

1 hour ago, domokun said:

3 = hyper-realism, where your car returns making sounds it didn't make before and driving worse :P

It's a good thing there's no females, otherwise if you were playing as one you'd also be charged double for this.

17 minutes ago, tpw said:

And you have to sit and watch an old soap opera for the full 30 minutes ?

1 hour ago, pvt. partz said:

I should model in some 11 year old gossip magazines for you to read.

Anyway, I have implemented the new system whereby you may specify the maximum time (minutes) you'd like for repairs. If you enter 10, then repairs will take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes. If you enter 120, then they'll take anywhere between 1 to 2 hours. If you enter 0, then they'll take 30 seconds - the hardcoded minimum. I'll release it soonish. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

I've done enough sitting waiting for repairs, watching Oprah, or some such.

Besides, what is better than a hasty defense of a position you didn't plan.

Damn.   Dude, you're on a roll.  Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!  I love all the options in TPW mods, but I think the furniture is one of your best.  Off the chart awesome!  All the empty houses before you added furniture just sucked.

Between the civilians walking around, parked and driving cars, animals, crowds, weather improvements, improved audio, furniture in the houses, repairs added to gas stations, and everything else . . . you have completely transformed this game into a living breathing world.  I simply cannot thank you enough for all the fun/addiction you've added to ARMA 3.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, heyvern69 said:

Damn.   Dude, you're on a roll.  Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!  I love all the options in TPW mods, but I think the furniture is one of your best.  Off the chart awesome!  All the empty houses before you added furniture just sucked.

Between the civilians walking around, parked and driving cars, animals, crowds, weather improvements, improved audio, furniture in the houses, repairs added to gas stations, and everything else . . . you have completely transformed this game into a living breathing world.  I simply cannot thank you enough for all the fun/addiction you've added to ARMA 3.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks very much heyvern69, that's the kind of feedback that makes me keep modding. I've spent a lot of time on TPW MODS to make Arma3 the kind of game that I want to play, and if people like you think the same way then I've succeeded!

• Like 3

TPW MODS 201080310: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zu9jprik8jj5re0/TPW_MODS_20180310.zip

Changes:

[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]

• [ANIMALS 1.41, FIREFLIES 1.06, RADIO 1.29, REPAIR 1.01, SOAP 1.29] Consolidated all sounds and music into tpw_sounds.pbo. Please delete tpw_azan.pbo and tpw_ambience.pbo
  • [ANIMALS 1.41] Nearby sheep will baa. 
  • [FALL 1.62] Removed superseded freefall and parachute noises.
  • [HUD 1.69] Added notification messages for all HUD keypresses. HUD properly deactivates standard NV goggles if activating full colour HUD NV. Thanks to Alpha-Kilo for the bug reports and suggestions!
  • [REPAIR 1.01] User may specify maximum repair time in minutes. Minimum repair time is 30 sec regardless. Thanks to Badanov for the suggestion.
  • [SOAP 1.29] Better balancing of ambient sounds and music. Improved playback variety - reduced incidence of identical sounds/songs playing from multiple houses. Reduced traffic volume for Chernarus Redux.

Hi everyone. Back with a few bug fixes, feature requests and code and asset overhauls. The big behind the scenes change is that as a result of various TPW SOAP changes, I've consolidated the various sounds that I had sprinkled across different pbos, into a single TPW_SOUNDS.pbo. No real difference for you, a big improvement for me when I add sounds and features. Please make sure that you delete  tpw_azan.pbo and tpw_ambience.pbo which are redundant and could interfere. I've also fixed a major shortcoming that was holding Arma3 back from greatness: sheep now make "baa" sheep noises! Don't all thank me at once. Lastly, @Alpha-Kilo has been helping out with improving TPW HUD, and has identified that certain keypress combinations aren't working as expected in various missions. If you are using TPW HUD in missions and experience any anomolies, please let him or me know. Thanks guys.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

sheep now make "baa" sheep noises!

... Arma is now complete. :don12:

Thought:

I've always thought the water/beach sounds were a bit generic. Kinda hard to pinpoint my thought with words but it sounds like the water and ambient noise is too mono. It's that same whether you are at a rocky beach as you are on a sandy beach. I've always noticed that sounds are very different depending on the make up of the coast. I found a lot of better sounding beach sounds that seem to come from a much wider band. 

In Arma, you essentially get the same sound whether it's calm or if the wind is up.

Idea:

Could you make the sounds change as the weather changes. Also make the sounds change depending on the type of coastline. So...

perfectly calm=     the usual birds, bugs, and just a soft lapping of water

light breeze=         add of course slight wind sound, change the tempo AND sound of the water

breezy=                  well you get the idea

rocky beach=        more of a slapping sound

sandy beach=       a softer rippling or swishing sound

maybe have about 6 to 10 variations

PS: Do you think JSRS would have some thoughts?

Is it possible to add a 'custom user expression' field in TPW userconfig? i have custom scripts i'm calling on placed civilians but i can't add these to TPW civilians without running a messy 'while' loop parallel to TPW spawning. Adding an option in userconfig to define scripts called on each unit spawned would be really cool if that's possible/viable.

or is there another easy way to do it already?

Apologies if this has been asked already, i confess i maybe haven't read all 184 pages of the thread ;)

Great 'vanilla' mod, breaths life into Altis, thanks for your hard work still developing it :D

On 3/10/2018 at 12:16 PM, pvt. partz said:

... Arma is now complete. :don12:

Thought:

I've always thought the water/beach sounds were a bit generic. Kinda hard to pinpoint my thought with words but it sounds like the water and ambient noise is too mono. It's that same whether you are at a rocky beach as you are on a sandy beach. I've always noticed that sounds are very different depending on the make up of the coast. I found a lot of better sounding beach sounds that seem to come from a much wider band. 

In Arma, you essentially get the same sound whether it's calm or if the wind is up.

Idea:

Could you make the sounds change as the weather changes. Also make the sounds change depending on the type of coastline. So...

perfectly calm=     the usual birds, bugs, and just a soft lapping of water

light breeze=         add of course slight wind sound, change the tempo AND sound of the water

breezy=                  well you get the idea

rocky beach=        more of a slapping sound

sandy beach=       a softer rippling or swishing sound

maybe have about 6 to 10 variations

PS: Do you think JSRS would have some thoughts?

Might be more up LJ’s alley to be honest.  I’m not much of a config wrangler I’m afraid.. 

On 3/10/2018 at 1:02 PM, lordfrith said:

Is it possible to add a 'custom user expression' field in TPW userconfig? i have custom scripts i'm calling on placed civilians but i can't add these to TPW civilians without running a messy 'while' loop parallel to TPW spawning. Adding an option in userconfig to define scripts called on each unit spawned would be really cool if that's possible/viable.

or is there another easy way to do it already?

Apologies if this has been asked already, i confess i maybe haven't read all 184 pages of the thread ;)

Great 'vanilla' mod, breaths life into Altis, thanks for your hard work still developing it :D

I see what you’re getting at. Shouldn’t be too tricky, leave it with me.

EDIT: Sorted! I will release this in a few days after a bit more testing.

• Like 2

How to disable features like tpw_car and tpw_civ?

I tried to disable it by modifying config but didn't do anything (1 →  0,  true →  false)

7 minutes ago, Dolen said:

I tried to disable it by modifying config but didn't do anything (1 →  0,  true →  false)

just to check, have you moved your TPW config from @TPW into main arma userconfigs folder?

13 hours ago, lordfrith said:

just to check, have you moved your TPW config from @TPW into main arma userconfigs folder?

No... wait, I'll try that out, thanks :don11:

Hey TPW 

i was fiddling around with a mission and noticed something a little odd,that is happening when i have your mod enabled(using civs/duck/air)

using this setunitpos "UP"; on the AI ,they still crouch(never prone though)

when disabling the mod they respond to this init line correctly. Im curious as to if you know what is causing it.Any ideas? Im not even looking for a fix because ironically i love the fact that the AI ignore prone but use stand and crouch,rather than strictly just UP,or MIDDLE pos.

Been away from Arma for a little while so im not too clued in on what things may have changed with the stable version of the game

58 minutes ago, redarmy said:

Hey TPW 

i was fiddling around with a mission and noticed something a little odd,that is happening when i have your mod enabled(using civs/duck/air)

using this setunitpos "UP"; on the AI ,they still crouch(never prone though)

when disabling the mod they respond to this init line correctly. Im curious as to if you know what is causing it.Any ideas? Im not even looking for a fix because ironically i love the fact that the AI ignore prone but use stand and crouch,rather than strictly just UP,or MIDDLE pos.

Been away from Arma for a little while so im not too clued in on what things may have changed with the stable version of the game

Hi redarmy, nice to hear from you again.

It would help if you could be a little more specific. Which AI are you using the setunitpos command on? TPW SKIRMISH and CIVS never spawn crouched, and will only do that if suppressed.Also, any other mods being used? Let me know and I'll have a bit more of a look.

1 hour ago, tpw said:

Hi redarmy, nice to hear from you again.

It would help if you could be a little more specific. Which AI are you using the setunitpos command on? TPW SKIRMISH and CIVS never spawn crouched, and will only do that if suppressed.Also, any other mods being used? Let me know and I'll have a bit more of a look.

I am using setunitpos on editor placed AI,Vanilla blufor(also modded units tested)

nothing changed at all in attributes of preplaced group/unit. setunitpos UP WITHOUT TPW active results in the AI always standing only.

But if i enable TPW mods and apply the init line,they now suddenly figure out how to crouch as well.

quite odd,i thought i would mention it as iv been looking for a way to disable AI prone for some time but the only way to do that was with a constant loop

mods i used is RHS 

Hi redarmy. Mate I'm not sure what the issue is for you - I just spend a while placing various AI in the editor with this setunitpos "UP" in their init, and none of them crouched unless fired upon by enemies (in which case TPW DUCK made them duck). Might be an RHS issue, but I don't use it so I can't tell.