tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Hi TPW!

How i can activate shark with TPW addon? I have  Feint's Sharks addon activated.

Do i need only activate in userconfig HPP:

// ANIMALS
tpw_animal_active = 1 ?

Or i need also write somewhere in my mission or in userconfig HPP this line: 

tpw_animal_shark = 1 ?

I can't find any sharks in the water yet...

Thank you for your answer!

TPW, skirmish isn't recognising  RHS or long classnames, both for infantry, vehicles and CAS, i only got ''_IS'' string to work ,

iraq-syrian conflict faction mod, but when i write ''rhs_faction_usarmy_d'' it won't work, everytime i try it spawns NATO faction instead

thank you for the new update !

EDIT: NEVERMIND ABOUT TPW FALL !! EXCUSE ME, ITS WORKING FLAWLESSLY NOW WITH THE NEW UPDATE!

bug report: TPW settings (jar) gui, whatever, is breaking some tpw mods uppon installation, when you setup the .jar and applies the mods on the gui tpw fall stop working , no fall when receiving bullet hits , player fall damage, etc.

8 hours ago, Realthinged said:

Hi TPW!

How i can activate shark with TPW addon? I have  Feint's Sharks addon activated.

Do i need only activate in userconfig HPP:

// ANIMALS
tpw_animal_active = 1 ?

Or i need also write somewhere in my mission or in userconfig HPP this line: 

tpw_animal_shark = 1 ?

I can't find any sharks in the water yet...

Thank you for your answer!

Hi Realthinged

Sharks are activated by default, and will spawn in a radius between 75-200m from the player. They won't spawn if the player is standing in shallow water though, you need to be in water at least 2m deep (this is a design decision so that they don't spawn inland in shallow water). In my experience the sharks don't necessarily attack the player, but I've seen them eat other fish. You can confirm if there are sharks nearby by typing:

hint str tpw_animal_array

This is my first go at implementing Feint's totally awesome sharks into the game,  so please bear with me while I refine it further.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tiagobr6 said:

bug report: TPW settings (jar) gui, whatever, is breaking some tpw mods uppon installation, when you setup the .jar and applies the mods on the gui tpw fall stop working , no fall when receiving bullet hits , player fall damage, etc.

Hi tiagobr6

TPW SETTINGS.jar is written by a very clever chap called Gliptal, not me.  Every time I release an update with HPP Update Required then Gliptal needs to update his program to work with it. For that reason I don't include TPW SETTINGS.jar in the TPW MODS distribution. You are welcome to get in touch with him, or if you are impatient just use tpw_settings.py, which is a simple python script which allows you to easily edit settings.

11 minutes ago, tpw said:

Hi Realthinged

Sharks are activated by default, and will spawn in a radius between 75-200m from the player. They won't spawn if the player is standing in shallow water though, you need to be in water at least 2m deep (this is a design decision so that they don't spawn inland in shallow water). In my experience the sharks don't necessarily attack the player, but I've seen them eat other fish. You can confirm if there are sharks nearby by typing:

hint str tpw_animal_array

This is my first go at implementing Feint's totally awesome sharks into the game,  so please bear with me while I refine it further.

Thank you very much mate! I am a big fan of your mod!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, tpw said:

Hi tiagobr6

TPW SETTINGS.jar is written by a very clever chap called Gliptal, not me.  Every time I release an update with HPP Update Required then Gliptal needs to update his program to work with it. For that reason I don't include TPW SETTINGS.jar in the TPW MODS distribution. You are welcome to get in touch with him, or if you are impatient just use tpw_settings.py, which is a simple python script which allows you to easily edit settings.

nevermind, i think it's dead, anyway i just got the hang of it with python, thank you :D

tpw could you put up some instructions for editing tpw skirmish with your 3rd party mods/addons ? im putting ''rhs_faction_usarmy'' but it won't recognize and rolls back to game actual nato forces instead

19 minutes ago, tiagobr6 said:

tpw could you put up some instructions for editing tpw skirmish with your 3rd party mods/addons ? im putting ''rhs_faction_usarmy'' but it won't recognize and rolls back to game actual nato forces instead

As i understood for CUP addons we don't need to write all faction name, only CUP_B, CUP_O, CUP_I, CUP_C. It works for me well. But it would be interesting for me how it works with RHS addons also.

Havent been able to spot any SHarks yet -i ve checked the array as well as just all the agents swimming around in Zeus. Now I only transplanted the Animals.sqf as well as the upgraded Userconfig file -do i need any other files?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Havent been able to spot any SHarks yet -i ve checked the array as well as just all the agents swimming around in Zeus. Now I only transplanted the Animals.sqf as well as the upgraded Userconfig file -do i need any other files?

Well it's definitely working for me. I just took a screenshot of one buzzing around me in the sea off Malden, but for some reason I can't insert a dropbox image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/19lz3bwkxghr8l8/shark.jpg

Do you actually have Feint's sharks addon installed?

9 hours ago, tiagobr6 said:

I'll try to put something up soon. The critical thing is that you use the correct string that is common to the classnames of the units you want spawned. "rhs_faction_usarmy" is the faction name, not a common string. Have a look at this site that has the RHS classnames http://class.rhsmods.org

Try using the string rhsusf_army

19 hours ago, amonrada34 said:

hud don't work 

Yes it bloody does. The icon display is disabled though, as per the changelog. You need to change these lines in your HPP to get it back to the default.

tpw_hud_unit[] = {1,1,0.25,0.75}; // UNITS/MARKERS displayed on HUD, where 0/1/2 = disabled/simplified/full, 1 = icon max size, 0.25 = icon min size, 0.75 = text size ( 1 = same size as HUD text).

tpw_hud_prx[] = {1,0.5,0.505,1}; // PRX = display numbers of nearby units.

tpw_hud_rng[] = {1,0.5,0.56,1}; // RNG = range to centre of player's gaze (performance heavy, disabled by default).

I've implemented a lighter HUD which will make it into the next release.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tpw said:

Well it's definitely working for me. I just took a screenshot of one buzzing around me in the sea off Malden, but for some reason I can't insert a dropbox image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/19lz3bwkxghr8l8/shark.jpg

Do you actually have Feint's sharks addon installed?

Ok, most likely that im on Dev branch.  I have Feints and can place them via editor but notice i cant with Zeus.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tpw said:

I'll try to put something up soon. The critical thing is that you use the correct string that is common to the classnames of the units you want spawned. "rhs_faction_usarmy" is the faction name, not a common string. Have a look at this site that has the RHS classnames http://class.rhsmods.org

Try using the string rhsusf_army

it worked tpw, so what's the trick if i wanted to set it to rhs_faction_usarmy_d ? just remove faction from the name ? also , rhsusf_army didn't work with the vehicles.

I found a bug , auto spawned tpw civilians, tpw crowds, tpw cars, tpw skirmish units are disappearing the same second they take a bullet and fall, and sometimes they vanish for no reason, just by going far, crowds are disappearing after killing one civilian gathered within the crowd and cars tend to disappear after killing the driver or a passenger, well , any workaround on this?

mods i have enabled

-tpw

-cba3

-cup (excluding maps, core and cwa)

-blastcore edited

-blastcore tracers foxtfort edit

-bloodlust

-revo's mine detector

-virtual projectile sound reality

-vcom ai

-all rhs

-ch view distance

-advanced towing, sling, rappel, urban rappel

-enhanced movement

-iran-iraq-syrian conflict

-takistan civs for cup

-advanced ai command

that's all of it.

EDIT 1: disabled all mods leaving only tpw and cba3 enabled, bug persists

3 hours ago, tiagobr6 said:

I found a bug , auto spawned tpw civilians, tpw crowds, tpw cars, tpw skirmish units are disappearing the same second they take a bullet and fall, and sometimes they vanish for no reason, just by going far, crowds are disappearing after killing one civilian gathered within the crowd and cars tend to disappear after killing the driver or a passenger, well , any workaround on this?

mods i have enabled

-tpw

-cba3

-cup (excluding maps, core and cwa)

-blastcore edited

-blastcore tracers foxtfort edit

-bloodlust

-revo's mine detector

-virtual projectile sound reality

-vcom ai

-all rhs

-ch view distance

-advanced towing, sling, rappel, urban rappel

-enhanced movement

-iran-iraq-syrian conflict

-takistan civs for cup

-advanced ai command

that's all of it.

EDIT 1: disabled all mods leaving only tpw and cba3 enabled, bug persists

Hmm, very strange. The only units that disappear immediately when killed are TPW CROWDS civs. I've been testing TPW MODS a lot lately and I've not seen the behaviour you describe. Can you please PM a copy of your TPW_MODS.hpp, just in case there's a setting there that is causing issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tpw said:

Hmm, very strange. The only units that disappear immediately when killed are TPW CROWDS civs. I've been testing TPW MODS a lot lately and I've not seen the behaviour you describe. Can you please PM a copy of your TPW_MODS.hpp, just in case there's a setting there that is causing issues.

of course, i will do it right away

10 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Ok, most likely that im on Dev branch.  I have Feints and can place them via editor but notice i cant with Zeus.

I'm on dev too mate. I'm going to rework the shark code so that they spawn nearer to the player, and move towards him too.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, tpw said:

tpw how do i send u my mod.hpp?

11 minutes ago, tiagobr6 said:

tpw how do i send u my mod.hpp?

You already have mate! I've replied to your PM.