tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

8 hours ago, Realthinged said:

Thank you for your answer!

Yes from 1.ogg to 10.ogg as you can see on image below

https://imgur.com/a/lzmns

P.S. I noticed only now! Maybe it doesnt' work because track number 9 has 3:00 duration?

Your songs can actually be any length, they just won’t play for longer than 3 minutes. I am mystified why yours don’t play and don’t have an answer just yet. Please let me look into it further. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tpw said:

Your songs can actually be any length, they just won’t play for longer than 3 minutes. I am mystified why yours don’t play and don’t have an answer just yet. Please let me look into it further. 

Okay, TPW! I will testing and will tell you if it will work. 

Suggestion for the sonic ambiance part of your program.  Telephones ringing in buildings.  You could have maybe three ring tones, one tradition and the others cell phone ringtones.  I know you can't control what BIS does, but a cell phone animation for ambient civilians would be nice and  would really add in immersion.  I suggest variable ring times, 4 rings, ten rings, and the like.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, badanov said:

Suggestion for the sonic ambiance part of your program.  Telephones ringing in buildings.  You could have maybe three ring tones, one tradition and the others cell phone ringtones.  I know you can't control what BIS does, but a cell phone animation for ambient civilians would be nice and  would really add in immersion.  I suggest variable ring times, 4 rings, ten rings, and the like.

I love this forum, so many people contributing ideas that never would have occurred to me. This is a fantastic idea badanov, I will look into implementing something like this soon. Thanks. 

• Like 2

In your scripts, you have a loop running continuously at the end of every script. Why is that loop there? What would happen if that loop doesn't run?

I'm asking because I've noticed in the save/load issue I've mentioned before, the scripts seem to be active, but that loop is just not running.

E.g. in the HUD, after a load of a saved game, if I call the HUD reset function, it seems to work, even though that loop isn't.

3 hours ago, stlassen said:

In your scripts, you have a loop running continuously at the end of every script. Why is that loop there? What would happen if that loop doesn't run?

I'm asking because I've noticed in the save/load issue I've mentioned before, the scripts seem to be active, but that loop is just not running.

E.g. in the HUD, after a load of a saved game, if I call the HUD reset function, it seems to work, even though that loop isn't.

The loop was placed there long ago to facilitate save game reloading by ensuring that each script doesn't terminate and its handle remains active. To be honest, I fudged my way through that whole process so I can't even answer your questions with any real authority.

11 hours ago, tpw said:

The loop was placed there long ago to facilitate save game reloading by ensuring that each script doesn't terminate and its handle remains active. To be honest, I fudged my way through that whole process so I can't even answer your questions with any real authority.

hehe - Okay. :)

It seems to me the loop is unnecessary. Reloading a saved game seems to stop it anyway as it doesn't run after a reload, but the HUD is still active. Well... Variables seem to be preserved, it is active and all, but no code or loops are running. In order to make it work after a reload, something has to be called to get it running again. With the HUD, if I call tpw_hud_fnc_reset on a reload event, it starts to work properly.

I've been concentrating on the HUD for now, as that is what I use the most. I currently see two problems:

1. The state it was in, are restored, but no loops or other code is running, so it need to be reset.
  2. The onTeamSwitch event doesn't get reinitialised, so the HUD stops working on other team members switched to.

The loop at the end, resets the HUD periodically. It seems unnecessary, but I don't know what the consequences are if it is removed, though it seems like there should be none.

I'm trying to alter the HUD script code to automatically handle loading and team switching and this is the code I've come up with:

// TEAM SWITCH	
tpw_hud_fnc_teamswitch =
	{
	addMissionEventHandler
		[
			"TeamSwitch",
			{
				[] spawn tpw_hud_fnc_reset;
			}
		];
	};

[] call tpw_hud_fnc_teamswitch;

// Reinitialize script after reloading of saved game	
addMissionEventHandler
	[
		"Loaded",
		{
			[] call tpw_hud_fnc_teamswitch;
			[] spawn tpw_hud_fnc_reset; // <<-- Problem: _display = uiNamespace getVariable "TPW_HUD_DISPLAY"; is "NO DISPLAY"
		}
	];

I removed the onTeamSwitch even and replaced it with addMissionEventHandler since it should stack better.

The problem with this code, and I'm right now at a lose as to why, is that when tpw_hud_fnc_reset is called in the "Loaded" event handler,  there is no active display, but if I then do a team switch, there is an active display.

Please Help! 

I am getting an error message ("Include file userconfig/TPW_MODS/TPW_MODS.hpp not found") that crashes Arma 3 while attempting to load the game with the TPW mod installed. 

I do not seem to have a steamapps folder on my computer at all. When I search the entire drive, I get a steam folder containing only the ".exe" shortcut, but no steamapps folder. As a result I have used the second folder location, described:

Installing to the "My Documents\Arma3" folder. 
After extraction, your folder setup could than look like this:

C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Documents\Arma 3\@Mod_folder_2\Addons\[mod files (.pbo & .bisign)]

This is reflected in screenshot number two, linked below. 

I have posted screenshots of the error message as well as the unzipped file for the mod in my windows file explorer.

I feel that I am missing something easy/small here and any help would be much appreciated. Please let me know if you need more screenshots or information to help. 

Thanks! 

@gladergaming, your adding the mod folder and userconfig folder to the wrong place....

If your unsure where your Arma 3 root folder is...

Open Steam, right click on Arma 3, go to "properties" > "local files" > "browse local files"......this is where you install @TPW_MODS and the userconfig folder.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the forum!! :rthumb:  

• Like 1

@Evil Organ Thanks, i was able to start the game now. How do I use these "modules" in the editor? I do not understand the instructions. In Zues there is a list of TPW modules. How do I make these work in the editor and/or Zues? 

Thanks so much! 

Hi TPW! I'm working on a mission that takes place on Napf Winter, and I was wondering if there was a way for me to set the island's climate to something cold, perhaps in the arctic category? I'm hoping to give it a good chilly feel with the snow system in your mod.

On 10/14/2017 at 9:53 PM, ContheJon said:

Hi TPW! I'm working on a mission that takes place on Napf Winter, and I was wondering if there was a way for me to set the island's climate to something cold, perhaps in the arctic category? I'm hoping to give it a good chilly feel with the snow system in your mod.

Can you please give me the worldname of the map, and I'll include it into the climate settings for the next release, which should be in a day or two. Unfortunately the climate can't be changed on the fly via script. 

• Like 2

If you can find and download Thirsk winter map, you can use the snow modules that come with the map.  I use all four snow strength modules, so it works great.  Just make sure you set the sky to overcast.  You also can use AliasCartoons snow storm module, but be advised that module will ground all fixed wing planes.  Also,  I use light rain in addition to overcast conditions in a personal setting I call TSW,  or Truly crappy weather.

• Like 1

@tpw Thanks TPW! Sorry to sound like a complete fool, but is the world name in the PBO, followed by a .wrp or is it located somewhere else? If it is, it's just napfwinter all one word.

@badanov Ah right, I didn't know the Thirsk map had modules that came with it. Thanks for letting me know that.

38 minutes ago, ContheJon said:

is the world name in the PBO, followed by a .wrp or is it located somewhere else? If it is, it's just napfwinter all one word.

You got it man! ^^   Worldnames are indeed followed by .wrp  :f:

• Like 1

Oh sweet, I got it right first try! :don11: Normally it takes me an age and a half to find out these things.

• Haha 1

Good skillz. It’ll be in the next update.

• Like 1

I am a bit confused. I have changed some of the values in the TPW_MODS.hpp file using notepad. These changes were saved multiple times. However I do not see any civilians or hear any noises now. Did I edit the file wrong or something? Thanks! 

1 hour ago, gladergaming said:

I am a bit confused. I have changed some of the values in the TPW_MODS.hpp file using notepad. These changes were saved multiple times. However I do not see any civilians or hear any noises now. Did I edit the file wrong or something? Thanks! 

If you can PM your HPP I'll have a look at it for you.  

TPW MODS 20171017: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fjjdwkavzmovwb/TPW_MODS_20171017.zip

Changes:

• HPP UPDATE REQUIRED
  • [CORE 1.46, FOG 1.57] Napf Winter added to region and climate lists.
  • [DUCK 1.03] Grenade dodging may be configured on/off.
  • [SOAP 1.20] Telephone noises added.

Hi gents, back with an update incorporating a few requests I've received over the last couple of weeks. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Woohoo! Thanks TPW!

EDIT: Just tried it out, works wonderfully! Started the mission up and already it's foggy and the snow's coming down heavy. It's got a nice wintery feel to it now.

Edited by ContheJon
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, tpw said:

TPW MODS 20171017: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fjjdwkavzmovwb/TPW_MODS_20171017.zip

Changes:

• HPP UPDATE REQUIRED
  • [CORE 1.46, FOG 1.57] Napf Winter added to region and climate lists.
  • [DUCK 1.03] Grenade dodging may be configured on/off.
  • [SOAP 1.20] Telephone noises added.

Hi gents, back with an update incorporating a few requests I've received over the last couple of weeks. 

You may not be aware of this, and dunno if it is intentional, but your ambient civilians are using the residential interiors provided by the Open Chernarus Project.  The bots don't all use buildings all the time. but in some limited cases they  do use them.  It is very cool to walk by a building and see  a bot in one of the rooms.

Your addition of ringing telephones is just about right, not too much; not too little.

Very well done.

Thank you for your efforts.

• Like 1

One thing I've noticed that I haven't seen here is that with tpw_air when the flyby aircraft is deleted it leaves an ejection set which then falls to the ground.

Not a big deal, but after testing a persistent mission overnight last night I notice a fair few littered across the map :)

1 hour ago, badanov said:

You may not be aware of this, and dunno if it is intentional, but your ambient civilians are using the residential interiors provided by the Open Chernarus Project.  The bots don't all use buildings all the time. but in some limited cases they  do use them.  It is very cool to walk by a building and see  a bot in one of the rooms.

Your addition of ringing telephones is just about right, not too much; not too little.

Very well done.

Thank you for your efforts.

Thanks mate. Civs are actually spawned into buildings if possible and will move between them, so any building they can enter will do. I'm loving the enterable Chernarus buildings personally!

• Like 2