tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

First of all thanks for this amazing mod. It is a must for Arma! I have poured over threads and read the skirmish readme but can't figure this out. Is there anyway to get it working with either unsung or the AirCav mod? I have set the options to 0 and put the faction names as instructed but it still spawns NATO and CSAT. Maybe their classnames and strings are different, I'm not sure. Is there an updated list of workable factions skirmish works with?

2 hours ago, Cochise333 said:

First of all thanks for this amazing mod. It is a must for Arma! I have poured over threads and read the skirmish readme but can't figure this out. Is there anyway to get it working with either unsung or the AirCav mod? I have set the options to 0 and put the faction names as instructed but it still spawns NATO and CSAT. Maybe their classnames and strings are different, I'm not sure. Is there an updated list of workable factions skirmish works with?

Hi @Cochise333

TPW SKIRMISH will fall back to NATO and CSAT if it can't find units matching the strings you have used. I don't use Unsung or Aircav so I have no idea what the classnames are. If you can provide these, and show me the TPW SKIRMISH settings you are using, then I should be able to help

Hey thanks for the speedy reply! It's as you said, the faction names are correct but I believe they use a different format for the classes and strings within the faction. This is what I have anyway in case I have made a mistake (quite possible!). The CAS helos spawn perfectly btw it's just the factions that are problematic.

// SKIRMISH
tpw_skirmish_active = 1; // 1 = active
tpw_skirmish_friendlysquad_max = 2; // Maximum number of friendly squads around player
tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehicles_max = 1; // Maximum number of friendly vehicles around player
tpw_skirmish_enemysquad_max = 2; // Maximum number of enemy squads around player
tpw_skirmish_enemyvehicles_max = 1; // Maximum number of enemy vehicles around player
tpw_skirmish_resistsquad_max = 2; // Maximum number of friendly squads around player
tpw_skirmish_resistvehicles_max = 1; // Maximum number of friendly vehicles around player
tpw_skirmish_minspawnradius = 500; // Minimum distance from player to spawn units/vehicles
tpw_skirmish_maxspawnradius = 2000; // Maximum distance from player to spawn units/vehicles. Units/vehicles deleted beyond this distance
tpw_skirmish_support = 1; // NATO units can call support
tpw_skirmish_enemy_support = 0; // CSAT enemy units can call support
tpw_skirmish_resist_support = 0; // AAF units can call support
tpw_skirmish_friendlytype[] = {0}; // BLUFOR: 0 = user specified,1 = NATO, 2 = NATO PACIFIC, 3 = CTRG PACIFIC, 4 = CSAT, 5 = CSAT PACIFIC, 6 = AAF, 7 = FIA, 8 = SYNDIKAT, negative values will wear shemaghs. Multiple values may be selected eg {0,1,7} will spawn user selected, NATO and FIA BLUFOR. Empty = NATO default 
tpw_skirmish_enemytype[] = {0}; // OPFOR: 0 = user specified,1 = NATO, 2 = NATO PACIFIC, 3 = CTRG PACIFIC, 4 = CSAT, 5 = CSAT PACIFIC, 6 = AAF, 7 = FIA, 8 = SYNDIKAT, negative values will wear shemaghs. Multiple values may be selected eg {4,5} will spawn CSAT and CSAT PACIFIC OPFOR. Empty = CSAT default 
tpw_skirmish_resisttype[] = {0}; // INDFOR: 0 = user specified,1 = NATO, 2 = NATO PACIFIC, 3 = CTRG PACIFIC, 4 = CSAT, 5 = CSAT PACIFIC, 6 = AAF, 7 = FIA, 8 = SYNDIKAT, negative values will wear shemaghs. Multiple values may be selected eg {-6,-7} will spawn FIA and AAF resistance, wearing Shemaghs. Empty = AAF default 
tpw_skirmish_spawntime = 30; // Time (sec) between spawning each enemy/friendly squad/vehicle
tpw_skirmish_friendlyunitstring = "UNSUNG_W_ARMY"; // Custom string to select friendly units from config
tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehiclestring = "UNSUNG_W_ARMY"; // Custom string to select friendly vehicles from config
tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring = "UNSUNG_EV"; // Custom string to select enemy units from config
tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring = "UNSUNG_E"; // Custom string to select enemy vehicles from config
tpw_skirmish_resistunitstring = "UNSUNG_EV"; // Custom string to select resistance units from config
tpw_skirmish_resistvehiclestring = "UNSUNG_E"; // Custom string to select resistance vehicles from config
tpw_skirmish_casstring[] = {"UNS_AH1G_M158"}; // Classname/s of custom friendly CAS aircraft. Empty = NATO default CAS
tpw_skirmish_chsstring[] = {"uns_UH1C_M21_M158"}; // Classname/s of custom friendly support heli. Empty = NATO default CHS
tpw_skirmish_uavstring[] = {"UNS_AH1G_M158"}; // Classname/s of custom friendly UAV. Empty = NATO default UAV
tpw_skirmish_enemy_casstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom enemy CAS aircraft. Empty = CSAT default CAS
tpw_skirmish_enemy_chsstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom enemy support heli. Empty = CSAT default CHS
tpw_skirmish_enemy_uavstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom enemy UAV. Empty = CSAT default UAV
tpw_skirmish_resist_casstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom resistance CAS aircraft. Empty = AAF default CAS
tpw_skirmish_resist_chsstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom resistance support heli. Empty = AAF default CHS
tpw_skirmish_resist_uavstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom resistance UAV Empty = AAF default UAV
//><

tpw, a little bit of non-scientific feedback for you...

1)  On Altis and Tanoa, things seem snappier than before.  I don't run a lot of the extra stuff (HUD, cars, furniture, etc), but in the past, I'd still get a few frames dropped when running the core of your addons.  I don't seem to be having the same slow down now, other than the first load, which is totally understandable.  Well done on the iterative improvements!

2)  When one updates to your latest version, they get all kinds of script errors.  What's that?  I didn't update the config file?  Yeah, I know, and figured that out.  Problem solved.  Sheesh, so demanding with your continued, awesome support updates.  Also my feet get wet when I step into puddles.

Thanks again for the continued support on what's, for me, a must-have mod.

28 minutes ago, gatordev said:

tpw, a little bit of non-scientific feedback for you...

1)  On Altis and Tanoa, things seem snappier than before.  I don't run a lot of the extra stuff (HUD, cars, furniture, etc), but in the past, I'd still get a few frames dropped when running the core of your addons.  I don't seem to be having the same slow down now, other than the first load, which is totally understandable.  Well done on the iterative improvements!

2)  When one updates to your latest version, they get all kinds of script errors.  What's that?  I didn't update the config file?  Yeah, I know, and figured that out.  Problem solved.  Sheesh, so demanding with your continued, awesome support updates.  Also my feet get wet when I step into puddles.

Thanks again for the continued support on what's, for me, a must-have mod.

Thanks @gatordev, that sort of feedback really means a lot me, sincerely. I'm always learning with regards to Arma programming, and if I stumble across a way to improve something then I'll apply it. Might not make a huge difference but they add up over time.

• Like 1

I'm just happy you're still here supporting it and we get to play with your endeavors.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

TPW MODS 20170722: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdlcsdee2nqo239/TPW_MODS_20170722.zip

Changes:

[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]

• [INSTALLER] Removed desktop shortcut for the TPW Settings.jar which is no longer packaged with TPW MODS.
  • [BOATS 1.33] Improved cleanup of dead and damaged boats and drivers/passengers.
  • [CIVS 1.54] Fixed sporadic "Error Undefined variable in expression: _house".
  • [CORE 1.43] Removed sport/surf clothing from civilians.
  • [DUCK 1.00] *NEW MOD* AI units will now properly keep their heads down when suppressed.  
  • [HUD 1.65] Optimised perframe performance. 

Sigh, another release and another HPP update - sorry about that. Apart from a few fixes and cleanups the main news is that I have introduced TPW DUCK, which does not add ducks to the game but rather forces suppressed AI to change posture: standing units will crouch, crouching units will go prone. Once unsuppressed they'll return to whatever posture the FSM or other scripts dictate. And that's all it does, they don't seek cover, get any behaviour, stamina or skill changes, throw smoke etc, they just keep their bloody heads down under fire. With TPW DUCK, squads won't charge headlong into bulletfire, and enemy AI units can be kept pinned down behind cover unable to return fire while someone else flanks them. This mod uses the game's native suppression functionality for the the heavy lifting and FSM stuff so is very light, in my testing there is no noticeable performance hit once the bullets start flying. TPW DUCK replaces TPW EBS (although you can still use EBS instead if you want more features). As always, feedback is welcome.

• Like 8

[DUCK 1.00] Thanks for this, the update is really welcome. Exactly what i was searching for, simple elegant solution that affects only stance for AI and works with other MODS. Thank you for your great work and improving game immersion!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tpw said:

[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]

Horrible.  F-.  I thought you cared about this community.

Kidding, of course.

• Like 1

I was wondering if there was a way to edit the enemy AI accuracy? I keep getting one shotted from so far out.  Thanks for any help!

Awesome update! This mod just keeps improving. Thanks for the continued tweaking and support.

14 hours ago, Mike Ciuffoletti said:

I was wondering if there was a way to edit the enemy AI accuracy? I keep getting one shotted from so far out.  Thanks for any help!

Do you mean using SKIRMISH? The AI in this mod is spawned at quite low skill already (~0.05) precisely to prevent them oneshotting you and each other. 

9 hours ago, tpw said:

Do you mean using SKIRMISH? The AI in this mod is spawned at quite low skill already (~0.05) precisely to prevent them oneshotting you and each other. 

I am using BMR insurgency, and I keep getting one shotted.  Haha.  Before I could take 2-3 hits, but now it seems I keep dying in one shot.  I test the friendly AI as well with a pistol round to the chest and they go down immediately too.  Maybe it is on the BMR Insurgency end?

2 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Use cursortarget to check the enemy's aimingaccuracy^^

Enlighten me, what is cursortarget? I am extremely new to that.  I tried googling it and didn't really get an answer.  Break down to me like I am a 5 year old.  Is it something I type in the console when in game?

On 7/23/2017 at 11:43 PM, Mike Ciuffoletti said:

Enlighten me, what is cursortarget? I am extremely new to that.  I tried googling it and didn't really get an answer.  Break down to me like I am a 5 year old.  Is it something I type in the console when in game?

Put this in your Debug and run it. Point at soldier you want to see skill level and hit the ' Show Skills' from the Action Menu. TPW said he sets their skill at around .05 - which for aimingAccuracy specifically (most important trait imo) is right around sweet spot for average level troop (0.04-0.08). Good enough for them to be a threat but generally negates 1 shot kills 100m+ out tho still possible.

player addAction
[
    "Show skills",
    {
        hintsilent format
        [
            "aimingAccuracy %1\n  aimingShake %2\n  aimingSpeed %3\n  spotDistance %4\n  spotTime %5\n  courage %6\n  reloadSpeed %7\n  commanding %8\n  general %9\n",
            cursortarget skillfinal "aimingAccuracy",
            cursortarget skillfinal "aimingShake",
            cursortarget skillfinal "aimingSpeed",
            cursortarget skillfinal "spotDistance",
            cursortarget skillfinal "spotTime",
            cursortarget skillfinal "courage",
            cursortarget skillfinal "reloadSpeed",
            cursortarget skillfinal "commanding",
            cursortarget skillfinal "general"
        ];
    }
];

Edit: Just realized never gave you the code :D

On 7/24/2017 at 6:43 AM, froggyluv said:

Put this in your Debug and run it. Point at soldier you want to see skill level and hit the ' Show Skills' from the Action Menu. TPW said he sets their skill at around .05 - which for aimingAccuracy specifically (most important trait imo) is right around sweet spot for average level troop (0.04-0.08). Good enough for them to be a threat but generally negates 1 shot kills 100m+ out tho still possible.

player addAction
[
    "Show skills",
    {
        hintsilent format
        [
            "aimingAccuracy %1\n  aimingShake %2\n  aimingSpeed %3\n  spotDistance %4\n  spotTime %5\n  courage %6\n  reloadSpeed %7\n  commanding %8\n  general %9\n",
            cursortarget skillfinal "aimingAccuracy",
            cursortarget skillfinal "aimingShake",
            cursortarget skillfinal "aimingSpeed",
            cursortarget skillfinal "spotDistance",
            cursortarget skillfinal "spotTime",
            cursortarget skillfinal "courage",
            cursortarget skillfinal "reloadSpeed",
            cursortarget skillfinal "commanding",
            cursortarget skillfinal "general"
        ];
    }
];

Edit: Just realized never gave you the code :D

I will give this a try.  Thank you!

HI Guys, been quietly updating the mod and adding my Unit's preferred gear into the config. Hit a problem.

I cannot get custom headgear to work at all. I've checked for spelling errors, formatting errors, checked I've got the file in the right place... Even deleted and started from scratch.

The link below will show anyone who feels like helping what I'm seeing while I try to deal with this.

Any help is appreciated

TPW_MODS.hpp

1 hour ago, RabidStoat said:

HI Guys, been quietly updating the mod and adding my Unit's preferred gear into the config. Hit a problem.

I cannot get custom headgear to work at all. I've checked for spelling errors, formatting errors, checked I've got the file in the right place... Even deleted and started from scratch.

The link below will show anyone who feels like helping what I'm seeing while I try to deal with this.

Any help is appreciated

TPW_MODS.hpp

I'll look into today for you RS, could be a bug in HUD.