tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Thanks for the update, and for the tip on running Park via script.  I'll try it out soon!

-Doc

Appreciate the addition of Island 51 mate, thanks!......oh man, loving the extra Fireflies features. Superb.

Did you notice this cool feature that just popped up out of the blue on Dev Branch a few days ago....

Tweaked: Ambient animals now seek a hiding spot while it rains 

I'm curious as to whether animals spawned by TPW_ANIMALS will inherit this behaviour, this could be a really neat feature for your Civs script too..... 

18 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Appreciate the addition of Island 51 mate, thanks!......oh man, loving the extra Fireflies features. Superb.

Did you notice this cool feature that just popped up out of the blue on Dev Branch a few days ago....

Tweaked: Ambient animals now seek a hiding spot while it rains 

I'm curious as to whether animals spawned by TPW_ANIMALS will inherit this behaviour, this could be a really neat feature for your Civs script too..... 

I wonder if that just means the rabbits and snakes don't spawn in the rain? I could certainly make it so that goats, sheep, chickens and dogs don't spawn when it's raining, but they won't run for cover like my ambient civilians do.

7 hours ago, tpw said:

I wonder if that just means the rabbits and snakes don't spawn in the rain?

Gosh! I do hope it's not as basic as that ^^.......I'm taking that statement verbatim, so i'm hoping that animals already spawned by the Ambient Animal System "seek a hiding spot while it rains".

I have my own replacement config for the Ambient Animal System that spawns goats, sheep, crows and eagles, I'm going to switch to Dev Branch and check/test this out.  

am i installing this mod right because im getting huge fps drops from 80-to 40. i had this mod before but never updated for a while until now and my fps is quite bad from the past two updates.

On 5/2/2017 at 6:32 AM, irishboy1690 said:

am i installing this mod right because im getting huge fps drops from 80-to 40. i had this mod before but never updated for a while until now and my fps is quite bad from the past two updates.

If you can see the mod active then you've installed it correctly

I have a pretty modest system (i5 / GTX970) and TPW MODS drops about 10fps. If you have SKIRMISH enabled then expect that to eat into your frames a bit more. I wouldn't release a mod that tanked FPS, what' the bloody point?

If you have the time, try disabling the individual TPW MODS one at a time until you find the one causing the issues, and I will try to help you out. 

Scratch the question below =)  I simply turned off the auto add glasses to inv function and now the vsm works.

Anything special I need to do to get VSM's "VSM_Shemagh_Facemask_OD_Peltor_Glasses","VSM_Shemagh_Balaclava_OD_Peltor_Glasses"  to work with TPW HUD?

I dug around config viewer and got the names then opened your hpp in the root Arma3 dir and added them to the extragoggles line inbetween the {} but I get no hud out of them. I'm sure the spelling matches as I did a copy paste from the value box at bottom of config viewer...is that the actual classname... lol well I dunno heheh

Could I just add in "VSM_" ?  that'd prob add all VSM facewear eh

Hi TPW hope your well mate,

I started running a scenario on takistan,and i noticed that TPW HUD was picking up the civilians as the same colour icon as enemies.

Last i remembered civs were highlighted in white correct? Any ideas what the issue is? Flying an attack helo is causing alot of collateral damage here.I didnt change anything in the config regarding HUD except distance it picks up units.The civs in questions are the middle east civs TPW mods supports,the name eludes me.

EDIT

Sorry i had the alliegence settings wrong in the mission options for independants. sorted now.

TPW MODS 20170603: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2e2bj3fmfsbaao9/TPW_MODS_20170603.zip

Changes:

• [ANIMALS 1.37] Animals will not spawn if it's raining too heavily. Clucking noises added to ambient chickens. Dog and cat noises are now local to each player in MP.
  • [CORE 1.37, FOG 1.53] Added N'Djenahoud and Malden to region and climate list.
  • [FIREFLIES 1.04] Randomised directions of spawned insects.
  • [FURNITURE 1.05] Malden furnished buildings added.
  • [PUDDLES 1.02] Option to use BIS decal puddles introduced with Malden DLC.
  • [SOAP 1.29] Added French ambience and music to Malden.

Hi everyone, back with a pretty large raft of changes, mainly related to the excellent new Malden 2035 DLC introduced in recent dev builds. This is a really beautiful, detailed and well performing French Mediterranean themed island, just begging for some additional French ambience. So I've added it to the appropriate regional and climate lists, furnished the colorful new buildings, and added French voices, music and incidental noises. In particular I'm quite happy with the music,the usual mix of royalty free traditional and contemporary tunes. I've done a bit of extra filtering to get the music sounding a little more like it's muffled slightly coming from inside. Apologies to native French speakers: I have no !@#$ing idea what the people are saying, whether it's appropriate, whether their accent is appropriate etc. C'est la vie!     

• Like 15

Works in dedicated multi player server?
if work how i configure?

I have an issue with TPW_Mods crashing my game @ launch.  I'm getting the pictured error message, although I clearly have the file that it says it can't find.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TPW%20Error%20Message.png

1 minute ago, froggyluv said:

FilePatching enabled?^

Bah, I figured it out.  Evidently, I needed to copy those files over into the base directory.  No crashes now.

18 hours ago, holliday50 said:

I have an issue with TPW_Mods crashing my game @ launch.  I'm getting the pictured error message, although I clearly have the file that it says it can't find.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TPW%20Error%20Message.png

the "userconfig" folder needs to be in the "arma3" folder not in "@TPW_MODS"

Quick question, and pardon me if my search skills are bad, but is there a way to configure the tpw_hud to not show markers of ai that are on the other side of walls? Love the TPW line of addons!

I just ask but no one wanser me, this mod is working in dedicated servers? 
TKS for the help. 

Hallo TPW, i need some help. im try create your HUD as standalone mod with hardcoded config (without userconfig) but im fail. maybe i remove too much code from sour mod or i dont kno why dont work.

EDIT: i see in RTP errors but if i fix it will show as error again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9whpaz2k0akj5f/%40MVP_HUD.7z?dl=0

Edited by mates31cz

On 6/6/2017 at 8:35 AM, Leviat said:

I just ask but no one wanser me, this mod is working in dedicated servers? 
TKS for the help. 

Please read the documentation on the first post Leviat. TPW MODS does not run on dedicated servers. Some of the components will run as MP client.

On 6/6/2017 at 8:34 AM, sowens said:

Quick question, and pardon me if my search skills are bad, but is there a way to configure the tpw_hud to not show markers of ai that are on the other side of walls? Love the TPW line of addons!

TPW HUD will only show markers if you or someone in your squad has line of sight to a given unit. There may be a wall in between the unit and you, but if someone else in your squad has line of sight to the unit then it's marker will appear to you.

On 6/7/2017 at 0:30 AM, mates31cz said:

Hallo TPW, i need some help. im try create your HUD as standalone mod with hardcoded config (without userconfig) but im fail. maybe i remove too much code from sour mod or i dont kno why dont work.

EDIT: i see in RTP errors but if i fix it will show as error again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9whpaz2k0akj5f/%40MVP_HUD.7z?dl=0

Hi mates31cz. I'm not really in the business of helping people create their own standalone versions of my mods, for obvious reasons. If running HUD using the config.hpp is causing you angst, there is a script version of TPW_HUD provided with the download which can be passed variables from an init.sqf or similar. 

TPW MODS 20170613: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9sui494f7ttnnxa/TPW_MODS_20170613.zip

Changes:

• [CARS 1.54] Additional code to prevent cars from getting too close to players.
  • [CORE 1.38] Replaced inadvertently removed Greek house classes. 
  • [SOAP 1.15] Added Eastern European / Russian ambience, and "tower of babel" polyglot ambience combining all ambient sounds and music. Improved automatic detection and assignment of correct regional sounds for many maps.

Hi everyone. I've done a fair bit more work on TPW SOAP and it now basically encompasses the default regions presented in Arma2 (Eastern Europe/Russia, Mid East/Central Asia) and Arma3 (Greece, Polynesia, French Mediterranean), and a pretty large number of 3rd party maps too. SOAP now does a better job assigning appropriate ambience to dozens of maps, and will fall back to a mixed ambience combining all sounds/music if it can't identify the map. This "tower of babel" ambience can be manually enabled on any map with tpw_soap_region=6, and will give a very diverse polyglot soundscape perhaps reflective of a future war and environmental driven melting pot. 

With TPW SOAP allowing the player to hear foreign voices roughly matching the geography is my intent. Racism, political/ethnic statements  and cultural insensitivity are not. I don't know what the various people are saying! If it offends your sensibilities hearing language you deem inappropriate to the map you're playing on, then just reconfigure TPW SOAP or don't use it.    

• Like 11

Thanks for the update tpw! I really like how you managed to get that ambient sound subtile and diverse enough to not annoy over time. The few times I was playing without it made me realize how sterile it feels to hear only me ;)