tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

2 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

Thx for the answer. Well, I am of course giving credits and keeping your rules on this - otherwise I wouldn't have asked ;-)
Ok, I don't know, maybe I didn't explain it exactly. I actually DID extract the related stuff from those PBOs and I defined those sounds in CfgSounds class which aren't defined with direct paths inside the script. And these sounds are working (player radio, i.e.) but the other sounds, like the mideast ambience ones and animal sounds are just not playing. The RPT log says it couldn't find them in the given path - even though they're existing there, and I also changed the path to those sound files to match the defined path inside the script. My question was:

If a sound is defined in the script like this: 

format = ["path\to\sounds\X.ogg"]....

do I still have to define it within the CfgSounds/CfgSFX classes in this particular case? Because they aren't played in the mission and RPT log says it cannot find the related .ogg files (BUT they are there in fact! The path is correctly defined in script, everything should be fine actually - but it doesn't work for some reason.... And yes, I extracted all sounds from all related PBOs as I mentioned in my very first post already. I just think when I define a direct path to an OGG file inside the script, then I don't have to define it in any Cfg class - is this correct? If so, then I really don't know why it cannot find the sounds... And I am not an SQF noob, but just not sure in this case. And actually I am asking you this because if it turns out I would have to define every single sound file in description.ext (or any other .hpp file containing sound classes definitions), this would be a LOT of writing work :D However, I think my description of my problem should be clear to understand now. Thank you for your hard work btw. ;-)

EDIT:

I'm sorry, I didn't read it carefull enough! By addressing this in the code, does this mean I'll have to define each single sound file in the CfgSounds class in example? If so, I'm still curious why there's a path defined to these files inside the soap script (see code quote in my first post)

Hi godis_1. I think the main issue is that although playsound3d needs to be fed the full pathname to the sample, the sample also needs to have a cfgsounds entry with the same path in it. Confused me too the first time I started doing this stuff. So basically for your mission you'll need to extract the samples to your mission directory, define cfgsounds entries for all of them in the description.ext, and then call them using their path in the modified version of TPW SOAP script. To save yourself some work I'd recommend a cut and paste of the cfgsounds entries out of the config.cpp files in TPW AMBIENCE, TPW SOUNDS and TPW AZAN  into your description.ext, and then do a search/replace to change the paths therein. Or if that's too much effort, just use TPW SOAP as is :)

14 hours ago, tpw said:

Hi godis_1. I think the main issue is that although playsound3d needs to be fed the full pathname to the sample, the sample also needs to have a cfgsounds entry with the same path in it. Confused me too the first time I started doing this stuff. So basically for your mission you'll need to extract the samples to your mission directory, define cfgsounds entries for all of them in the description.ext, and then call them using their path in the modified version of TPW SOAP script. To save yourself some work I'd recommend a cut and paste of the cfgsounds entries out of the config.cpp files in TPW AMBIENCE, TPW SOUNDS and TPW AZAN  into your description.ext, and then do a search/replace to change the paths therein. Or if that's too much effort, just use TPW SOAP as is :)

Ok, thanks a lot!! Didn't look at this file :) Thx!!!

EDIT: In the TPW_SOAP script, I may have found a typo!? Not sure, but I couldn't find anything which is referring to this expression. See here:

if (["osque",str typeof _mosque] call BIS_fnc_inString) then 

Shouldn't it be:

if (["mosque",str typeof _mosque] call BIS_fnc_inString) then 

???

And here is a link to my work, so you can check for credits and tell me if that's ok like I did it:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=856829766

19 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

Ok, thanks a lot!! Didn't look at this file :) Thx!!!

EDIT: In the TPW_SOAP script, I may have found a typo!? Not sure, but I couldn't find anything which is referring to this expression. See here:

if (["osque",str typeof _mosque] call BIS_fnc_inString) then 

Shouldn't it be:

if (["mosque",str typeof _mosque] call BIS_fnc_inString) then 

???

And here is a link to my work, so you can check for credits and tell me if that's ok like I did it:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=856829766

Thanks Godis_1, glad everything is working for you now.

BTW that's not a typo, using "osque" means I'll pick up "Mosque" and "mosque", "Bigmosque" etc depending on the mod.

BTW that's not a typo, using "osque" means I'll pick up "Mosque" and "mosque", "Bigmosque" etc depending on the mod.

Ah, yeah. Didn't notice that ',str typeof' - makes sense now :-D

12 hours ago, tpw said:

Thanks Godis_1, glad everything is working for you now.

Hi, nope, it's not working. At first it gave me 'mission config file error', ehich could be fixed ny adding "[]" to EACH line containing i.e. 

sound = {"sounds\tpw_sounds\sounds\cat3.ogg", 1.000000, 1.000000};

it had to be changed to this:

sound[] = {"sounds\tpw_sounds\sounds\cat3.ogg", 1.000000, 1.000000};

And the same goes for CfgMusic! After changed this, there is no error message in the game. But sounds are NOT played (only player radio sounds). 

Here' my Sound classes file: http://pastebin.com/arxQuVZm

And here's the RPT log /a snippet with the related lines): http://pastebin.com/s2zqrJAg

This is the TPW_SOAP script where I only changed the path to match the OGG files location: http://pastebin.com/v1MMH3bz

I really tried everything I can imagine that it's causing the troubles! But nothing helps! The paths are set correct (double-double-double-checked! :D ), tried to define each samples name to match the called sound file's names, and so on, and so on.... I am really confused now! Also that I had to add these bracket ( [] ) to each line to avoid "expression error in syntax. I don't have any idea anymore.... The way you defined the sound classes in the config.cpp / config.bin files doesn't work for scripts in Arma 3 - but it does work for addons (mods) for some reason.... Just confusing! Any idea??

EDIT: How can I disable single modules from via script when running TPW Addons version? Setting the global variables doesn't work for me - at least for some scripts. They shouldn't be running, but they do - even when I set it like that (init.sqf), i.e.

if (isclass (configfile/"CfgPatches"/"TPW_MODS")) then 
	{
		tpw_hud_active = false;
	};

11 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

Various frustrations

Godis_1 let's just back this up for a minute to save you further frustration and me further perplexity.

If I understand it correctly from your Steam page, the dynamic ISIS War System you're putting together requires a large number of mods, including TPW MODS.

So, if you insist on the system requiring TPW MODS, why are you not just using TPW SOAP? It seems to me you're going to a lot of hassle to extract the assets out of my mod to make a version running from the mission directory which doesn't seem to be doing anything differently than the original. The version you're trying to create will just conflict with the mod version because you've changed no variable names. And all those redundant samples will just add extra download size.

I don't think you could reasonably accuse me of not trying to help, but I'd feel a whole lot more inclined to debug someone else's work if you could properly clarify what it is that you want to achieve by your apparent duplication of effort.

2 hours ago, tpw said:

Godis_1 let's just back this up for a minute to save you further frustration and me further perplexity.

If I understand it correctly from your Steam page, the dynamic ISIS War System you're putting together requires a large number of mods, including TPW MODS.

So, if you insist on the system requiring TPW MODS, why are you not just using TPW SOAP? It seems to me you're going to a lot of hassle to extract the assets out of my mod to make a version running from the mission directory which doesn't seem to be doing anything differently than the original. The version you're trying to create will just conflict with the mod version because you've changed no variable names. And all those redundant samples will just add extra download size.

I don't think you could reasonably accuse me of not trying to help, but I'd feel a whole lot more inclined to debug someone else's work if you could properly clarify what it is that you want to achieve by your apparent duplication of effort.

I am using TPW Mods as a required mod - first I tried to extract and make only SOAP and Radio from TPW running independant from the whole mod package itself - inside the mission. Of course the mission as it is NOW, there is NO TPW script used inside of it, because it would conflict. I don't want to rip your work apart or sth like this. And now I just want to understand why my first intention of using only soap and radio in my mission independently is not working - and I know that I cannot use both - the scripts version and addon version at the same time. Just curious why it didn't work. Now I just want to use the addon side (what I am doing right now), but I just cannot get some of the other mods disabled! Users of my mission have TPW installed, and I want my mission to use only these sound components. Disabling the other mods doesn't work via the global variables (like stated in prior post). And I don't want to force users to delete, copy or modify your mod package in any way. Sorry for the misunderstanding btw. :) The only reason why I kept researching about the script stuff is because I want to understand it as I'm learning the sqf stuff. ;-) Thank you for your help and efforts in making this great mod!!

18 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

I am using TPW Mods as a required mod - first I tried to extract and make only SOAP and Radio from TPW running independant from the whole mod package itself - inside the mission. Of course the mission as it is NOW, there is NO TPW script used inside of it, because it would conflict. I don't want to rip your work apart or sth like this. And now I just want to understand why my first intention of using only soap and radio in my mission independently is not working - and I know that I cannot use both - the scripts version and addon version at the same time. Just curious why it didn't work. Now I just want to use the addon side (what I am doing right now), but I just cannot get some of the other mods disabled! Users of my mission have TPW installed, and I want my mission to use only these sound components. Disabling the other mods doesn't work via the global variables (like stated in prior post). And I don't want to force users to delete, copy or modify your mod package in any way. Sorry for the misunderstanding btw. :) The only reason why I kept researching about the script stuff is because I want to understand it as I'm learning the sqf stuff. ;-) Thank you for your help and efforts in making this great mod!!

Hi godis_1, thanks for the the clarification.

Nearly all TPW MODS can be disabled during a mission by setting the appropriate global variable true / false (not 0 / 1) in a script or trigger :

tpw_air_active = true / false
tpw_animal_active = true / false
tpw_bleedout_active = true / false
tpw_boat_active = true / false
tpw_car_active = true / false
tpw_civ_active = true / false
tpw_crowd_active = true / false
tpw_firefly_active = true / false
tpw_fog_active = true / false
tpw_furniture_active = true / false
tpw_houselights_active = true / false
tpw_hud_active = true / false
tpw_park_active = true / false
tpw_radio_active = true / false
tpw_skirmish_active = true / false
tpw_soap_active = true / false

These ones aren't implemented: 

tpw_fall_active 

tpw_puddle_active

tpw_rainfx_active 

in a trigger :

on act: tpw_air_active=false; tpw_boat_active=false; tpw_car_active = false; tpw_civ_active = false; tpw_park_active = false; tpw_radio_active = false; tpw_skirmish_active = false; tpw_soap_active = false; tpw_streetlights_active = false; 

shape type circle over all stratis island 

type: bluefor present rep.

condition: vehicle player in thislist && time > 15;

this dont work to me, cars spawning everytime people and all the stuff... whats wrong?

omly can disable enable stuff in userconfig file

5 hours ago, logan83 said:

in a trigger :

on act: tpw_air_active=false; tpw_boat_active=false; tpw_car_active = false; tpw_civ_active = false; tpw_park_active = false; tpw_radio_active = false; tpw_skirmish_active = false; tpw_soap_active = false; tpw_streetlights_active = false; 

shape type circle over all stratis island 

type: bluefor present rep.

condition: vehicle player in thislist && time > 15;

this dont work to me, cars spawning everytime people and all the stuff... whats wrong?

omly can disable enable stuff in userconfig file

Hi logan83. 

There's no reason why that trigger shouldn't work. I have a similar trigger set up as a test on altis and it works as advertised. The various tpw_xxx_active variables all definitely work

Because you're allowing 15 seconds for the trigger to kick in it's possible that some of the TPW MODS will have spawned things before being deactivated.

What happens if you enter hint str tpw_civ_active  in the debug console?

TPW MODS 20170224: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20170224.zip

Changes:

• [CORE 1.33, FOG 1.49] Added BSOC_Brasil to region and climate list.
  • [CARS 1.53] Vehicle waypoints will not be set near player.
  • [HUD 1.62] tpw_hud_active = true/false will properly enable/disable all HUD functions.  
  • [SKIRMISH 1.39] Fixed stupid undefined variable error if TPW CARS was not running. Vehicle waypoints will not be set near player.
  • [SOAP 1.11] Added additional house ambience -you'll occasionally hear taps, thuds, banging and clanging, footsteps etc emanating from nearby houses. Slightly increased music volume. Adjusted house scanning code to work on any maps utilising Apex houses.

The main thing you'll notice in this update is the increased sonic ambience around houses - they sound a bit more lived in as there is now more than just voices and music emanating from them.

• Like 4

On 19.2.2017 at 11:42 PM, tpw said:

Hi godis_1, thanks for the the clarification.

Nearly all TPW MODS can be disabled during a mission by setting the appropriate global variable true / false (not 0 / 1) in a script or trigger :

tpw_air_active = true / false
tpw_animal_active = true / false
tpw_bleedout_active = true / false
tpw_boat_active = true / false
tpw_car_active = true / false
tpw_civ_active = true / false
tpw_crowd_active = true / false
tpw_firefly_active = true / false
tpw_fog_active = true / false
tpw_furniture_active = true / false
tpw_houselights_active = true / false
tpw_hud_active = true / false
tpw_park_active = true / false
tpw_radio_active = true / false
tpw_skirmish_active = true / false
tpw_soap_active = true / false

These ones aren't implemented: 

tpw_fall_active 

tpw_puddle_active

tpw_rainfx_active 

Hi TPW, actually I got the same problem as Logan here. I have these variables (except from those modules I need to run) defined in init.sqf. Tried it at the beginning of the file and at other positions. One weird thing is: While I didn't change the code block's position inside init.sqf, sometimes the variables work (hint shows me only some active modules = correct), sometimes all modules are loaded... What am I doing wrong?

On 22/2/2017 at 0:39 AM, tpw said:

Hi logan83. 

There's no reason why that trigger shouldn't work. I have a similar trigger set up as a test on altis and it works as advertised. The various tpw_xxx_active variables all definitely work

Because you're allowing 15 seconds for the trigger to kick in it's possible that some of the TPW MODS will have spawned things before being deactivated.

What happens if you enter hint str tpw_civ_active  in the debug console?

Ok i reduce the time in the condition to 10 secs, and check all the modules with the Hint Str command and now all are false except tpw_Cars_active, i check the condition "tpw_car_delay" in userconfig\tpw_mods\tpw_mods.hpp and its set to 10Secs,well, i reduce the time in the trigger condition to 5 seconds and works well :) im sorry was my fault. thanks for all!

uhm some modules like furniture, or cars continue spawning once reach hes specific delay time... ad must to be deactivate before this time is reached... 

ok testing some things, i see a curiosity, car module reactivate after succefully deactivation just when Arma report this error

bdjeGOv.jpg

furniture module reactivate too, but i dont know why :(

Just to clarify, when I download an updated version of TPW Mods do I have to delete the userconfig folder from the old version from the A3 root and copy the userconfig folder from the new version into the A3 root, and modify the .HPP again? Or can I just leave the old userconfig there?

14 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

Just to clarify, when I download an updated version of TPW Mods do I have to delete the userconfig folder from the old version from the A3 root and copy the userconfig folder from the new version into the A3 root, and modify the .HPP again? Or can I just leave the old userconfig there?

tpw usually mentions whether the .hpp file needs updated with each new version.

2 hours ago, Aniallator said:

So with TPW + RHS, Russian radio chatter plays in all vehicles including US ones.

Thanks for the heads up, I will look into that ASAP

Question

I basically use only 3 items in the HUD and was wondering if you could help me stack them like shown below. First pic is mine unstacked and 2nd pic is an example of stacked. Great mod BTW. Thanks.

unstacked.jpg

Stacked.jpg

Edited by major-stiffy
Removed unnecessary scripts for images

Hi TPW. I'm getting this error always and a hundret times in my RPT. I don't think it's related to any of my scripts, but to the bleedout script:

23:42:09 Error in expression < (ismultiplayer) then
{
{
if ((isplayer _unit) && (_unit != player) && (_unit ge>
23:42:09   Error position: <_unit) && (_unit != player) && (_unit ge>
23:42:09   Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
23:42:09 File TPW_MODS\tpw_bleedout.sqf, line 194

Or here is another example, you can see it better here:

Error in expression < (ismultiplayer) then
{
{
23:35:24   Error position: <_unit) && (_unit != player) && (_unit ge>
23:35:24   Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
23:35:24 File TPW_MODS\tpw_bleedout.sqf, line 194
23:35:35 Error in expression < (ismultiplayer) then
{
{
23:35:35   Error position: <_unit) && (_unit != player) && (_unit ge>
23:35:35   Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
23:35:35 File TPW_MODS\tpw_bleedout.sqf, line 194
23:35:45 Error in expression < (ismultiplayer) then
{
{
23:35:45   Error position: <_unit) && (_unit != player) && (_unit ge>
23:35:45   Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
23:35:45 File TPW_MODS\tpw_bleedout.sqf, line 194
23:35:55 Error in expression < (ismultiplayer) then

3 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

Hi TPW. I'm getting this error always and a hundret times in my RPT. I don't think it's related to any of my scripts, but to the bleedout script:

Many thanks for this Godis_1, I tracked down the stupid error and the fix will be released in a day or two. The reason this error went unnoticed for so long is that it only occurs in MP, which I never play.

On 2/28/2017 at 2:04 AM, major-stiffy said:

Question

I basically use only 3 items in the HUD and was wondering if you could help me stack them like shown below. First pic is mine unstacked and 2nd pic is an example of stacked. Great mod BTW. Thanks.

unstacked.jpgfree image hosting

Stacked.jpgupload a picture

Love to help mate but could you post your pix on a hosting site that doesn't spaz my script blocker 

10 hours ago, tpw said:

Love to help mate but could you post your pix on a hosting site that doesn't spaz my script blocker 

Ok, I edited the scripts from the pics, hopefully it's fine now.