tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

So, when TPW Fall uses rag dolls, any non-player unit that gets hit and falls down seems to temporarily change faction (to civilian, I think). How do I work around this when using an area trigger set to OPFOR Not Present?

Basically, I want the trigger to fire when all OPFOR are dead, which in turn completes a task. However, because the units seem to temporarily change faction when hit, the trigger can fire before all the OPFOR are actually dead -- i.e., the trigger fires prematurely (we've all been there, am I right?).

Use a timer on your trigger.

::slaps forehead:: Thanks! I already had a timer on there (for other reasons), but it I guess it wasn't long enough (that's what she said!).

Do I get it right, Civs should be running around on any map by default? I´ve seen none so far (?), nor any of the other effects the mod advertises...did I miss something?

running latest stable, got mostly unit addon mods and the NIArms package

Hunne, you have zero Civs at all, even in towns/villages?  

Keep in mind the mod will not populate an entire town with a bunch of civs walking about ( I wish but we would need a super computer aaand probably a different game engine for that) If you are out in rural areas you may only see a vehicle pass by from time to time...oh and goats, sheep.

Hey everyone!

So i play Ravage mod on Tanoa and use TPW mod for ambient animals. Was wondering if there was a way of adding Raptors from Jurassic Arma-Raptor pack mod into the TPW , and if so, if they could be spawned only in the deep jungle areas. 

i for the life of me cannot get fireflies to work any more.  i have the latest version.. anyone else having this issue...?

Ok so I figure no one knows about the raptor thing , so I'm trying to get tpw to spawn animals in the forests of tanoa , can anyone help me , I set the count nearest terrain object " tree" "small tree" from false to true but no effect

Ok so I figure no one knows about the raptor thing , so I'm trying to get tpw to spawn animals in the forests of tanoa , can anyone help me , I set the count nearest terrain object " tree" "small tree" from false to true but no effect

You can set the Dino's to spawn using it as an "enemy" or even the green faction under the userconfig:

tpw_skirmish_resistunitstring = "BB_Raptors"; // Custom string to select resistance units from config

Use the correct faction names.

• Like 1

You can set the Dino's to spawn using it as an "enemy" or even the green faction under the userconfig:

tpw_skirmish_resistunitstring = "BB_Raptors"; // Custom string to select resistance units from config

Use the correct faction names.

Thank for the info dude, tried playing around with this but it didnt work. Ive decided to become content with just adding permanent raptors around the foot of the volcano to add to the map's native people's lore about the " Huge Reptilian creatures" . At this point i just wanna try to enable the regular animals to spawn in the jungles so i can do my hunting there. Make use of them instead of it just being a walking simulator in those amazing forests.  

What ive done so far is set this to true "if ((count nearestTerrainObjects [player, ["tree","smalltree"], tpw_animal_minradius, true]) > 50) exitwith {}; // don't bother with animals if too many trees nearby" from false . setting it back to false but with the 50 set to 50000000000 thinking this might be the number of trees before they stop ambient spawning. and setting it back to true with the same number. Also tried completely deleting that line to hopefully disable that function completely to hopefully just let them spawn with no tree terrain factor incorporated. and yea :( no luck at all. each time i did this, i tested it in my current save file with Tanoa , and aswell at in a brand new save file with Altis Ravage and teleport to the forested areas of altis to test it.  Nothing seems to enable ambient animals to spawn in forested areas. 

Hello all! This is my first post here. I usually get my mods from the steam store and have no problems, but I am with this MOD from Armaholic. I extract the files then click to install and it says "Install failed, installer is not in the same folder as the downloaded TPW MODS PACKAGE" which it clearly is. I even moved the installer out of the installer folder and into the @TPW_MODS folder and get the same error. I can load the mod up but when I go to start the game I get the error.. "Userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp not found.

I searched for hours and cannot find an answer, could you please help me!

Hi Jasin,

Inside of your ARMA 3 folder, usually located at :

X:\Steam\SteamApps\common\ArmA 3

Where X is your Hard Drive, there should be a folder/directory named USERCONFIG.

In the TPW_MOD folder, there is also a directory call USERCONFIG. You need to copy that folder to the ARMA 3 main directory OR the contents of X:\Steam\SteamApps\common\ArmA 3\@TPW_MOD\USERCONFIG into X:\Steam\SteamApps\common\ArmA 3\USERCONFIG.

Then it should work fine with no errors for the mod version.

Note you have to usually update the userconfig for TPW MOD with each new version. Check the release notes.

USERCONFIG

• Like 2

Holy hell yes! Thank you so much!! Why that's not in the notes I do not know.

Why that's not in the notes I do not know.

It's great Valken's post has got you up and running, your in for a real treat! ......but I just gotta say there is probably no other mod on this forum with a more comprehensive OP than this one.

• Like 1

@TPW 

Is there really no way to set the regular ambient animals to spawn in forested areas?

It's a all or nothing with this mod. I didn't like the hud so I tried to delete it, I even took the folders out Arma 3 folder restarted game and it STILL said it couldn't find the .hpp file when I wasn't even wanting the game to look for it! So I did some research on how to edit the mod and get rid of the hud and I did! 

Only problem I'm having with the mod now is the stamina bar. Is there away to adjust it? My dude will have a full stamina bar after running for 1-2sec! Please help me fix this.

Anyone testing this mod with the current DEV 1.67.xx version? In a coop missing, I am getting error messages regarding twp_bleedout line 194. It appears to be trying to turn off in coop/mp mode. I am playing some coop missions via LAN mode (basically SP by myself) and it takes over the hud for long time. I will try to copy the coop/mp pbo to the MISSION folders and try it as a SP game if possible but thought others might have experienced this.

922AAAB258F19EB77714251A2E0B3A30B362B328

Only problem I'm having with the mod now is the stamina bar. Is there away to adjust it? My dude will have a full stamina bar after running for 1-2sec! Please help me fix this.

When you launch ARMA 3, goto your personal settings and make sure the difficulty mode is at normal or harder. If you have it set at EASY, it will always be a full stamina.

I personally have most of the my hud settings fade out/off or turned off in running/first person mode. I use TPW hud and vehicle huds only.

Hi everyone. It's been a few weeks off the tools so to speak while I sort (or not) a few things out professionally. Thought I'd drop in to see if anything catastrophic has happened to the mod. Many thanks to those (esp Valken) who've been dispensing advice and help in my absence. A few comments:

TPW CIVS / CROWD works as advertised, if you're in a populated area you will see them. Be aware that they hide if there's nearby gunfire, or if it starts raining, and there's fewer of them at night.

TPW FIREFLIES also works as advertised. If you're around sufficient trees at least 1/2 an hour after sunset and it's greater than 20degC, they'll eventually show up. They disappear if there's nearby gunfire or it starts raining, same as civs. 

TPW ANIMALS uses BIS_fnc_findSafePos to find appropriate spawning spots. You won't see domestic animals spawning in dense forest, just like real life. This is a design decision I'm not about to change. If it pains you too much, you are welcome to change the script to suit yourself.

I tried using Bad Benson's Jurassic Arma mod but found it was causing problems at least on my system, with 50% of spawned units to shuffling around like zombies even if I hadn't activated zombies. So I haven't really investigated further how to best integrate the raptors (which are beautiful work) into TPW MODS.   

Smartarsed comments about lack of documentation if you haven't even bothered scrolling to the bottom of the OP are pretty much a guaranteed way to get me completely offside. I spend almost as much time on writing the docs as I do writing the code.

Valken, I'm sorry that you're having bleedout issues in MP. As always, I really don't have much to contribute there because MP compatibility of TPW MODS is not really guaranteed.

Hopefully I'll get a bit of a chance to relax and get back into A3 coding over the next few weeks. I've only had a few chances to play A3 lately and I'm impressed that the devs are taking the time to squash bugs and address a few long standing grievances rather than just adding more and more new stuff.

• Like 1

I apologize in advance if this is obvious and I'm just being slow, but is their any way to specify what kind of vehicles are used in ambient vehicles? Specifically for TPW AIR, I don't use it because it's immersion breaking to be at a NATO HQ and have a Taru fly over. Really all I'm interested in seeing is civilian air traffic, Caesar BTTs and M-900s. Of course if I were to create a behind enemy lines spec ops scenario, it would be great to be able to specify only the air vehicles of specific factions to fly over, i.e. going in as CTRG having only civlian and CSAT birds overhead. Is that configurable?

4 hours ago, Aniallator said:

I apologize in advance if this is obvious and I'm just being slow, but is their any way to specify what kind of vehicles are used in ambient vehicles? Specifically for TPW AIR, I don't use it because it's immersion breaking to be at a NATO HQ and have a Taru fly over. Really all I'm interested in seeing is civilian air traffic, Caesar BTTs and M-900s. Of course if I were to create a behind enemy lines spec ops scenario, it would be great to be able to specify only the air vehicles of specific factions to fly over, i.e. going in as CTRG having only civlian and CSAT birds overhead. Is that configurable?

You'll have more control using the script version....here is a modified script that will spawn some BTT's and a few M-900 variants.

Spoiler

/* 
TPW AIR - Spawn ambient flybys of helicopters and aircraft
Author: tpw 
Date: 20160714
Version: 1.31
Requires: CBA A3
Compatibility: SP, MP client

Disclaimer: Feel free to use and modify this code, on the proviso that you post back changes and improvements so that everyone can benefit from them, and acknowledge the original author (tpw) in any derivative works.     

To use: 
1 - Save this script into your mission directory as eg tpw_air.sqf
2 - Call it with 0 = [10,90,3,[50],0] execvm "tpw_air.sqf"; where 10 = delay until flybys start (s), 300 = maximum time between flybys (sec). 0 = disable, 2 = maximum aircraft at a given time,[50,250,500] flying heights to randomly select, 0 = all aircraft (1 = civilian aircraft excluded, 2 = military aircraft excluded)

THIS SCRIPT WON'T RUN ON DEDICATED SERVERS.
*/

if (isDedicated) exitWith {};
if (count _this < 5) exitwith {hint "TPW AIR incorrect/no config, exiting."};
if (_this select 1 == 0) exitwith {};
WaitUntil {!isNull FindDisplay 46};

// VARIABLES
tpw_air_version = "1.31"; // Version string
tpw_air_delay = _this select 0; // delay until flybys start
tpw_air_time = _this select 1; // maximum time between flybys
tpw_air_max = _this select 2; // maximum number of aircraft at a given time
tpw_air_heights = _this select 3; // flying heights to randomly select
tpw_air_civexclude = _this select 4; // 0 = all aircraft, 1 = civilian aircraft excluded, 2 = military aircraft excluded
tpw_air_active = true; // Global enable/disabled
tpw_air_speeds = ["NORMAL","FULL"]; // speeds for spawned aircraft
tpw_air_inflight = 0;

// LIST OF AIRCRAFT - Thanks to Larrow for the code
tpw_air_aircraft = ["C_Heli_light_01_red_F","C_Heli_light_01_blueLine_F","C_Heli_light_01_graywatcher_F","C_Plane_Civil_01_F","C_Plane_Civil_01_racing_F"];

// SELECT A COUPLE OF AIRCRAFT,  SPAWN EACH TO CACHE THEM AND REDUCE STUTTERING
_aircraft = [];
for "_i" from 1 to 4 do
    {
    _aircraft pushback (tpw_air_aircraft deleteat floor random count tpw_air_aircraft);
    };
    tpw_air_aircraft = _aircraft;
{_temp = _x createvehicle [0,0,0]; sleep 0.1; deletevehicle _temp} foreach tpw_air_aircraft;    

// AIRCRAFT SPAWN AND FLYBY
tpw_air_fnc_flyby =
    {
    private ["_pxoffset","_pyoffset","_dir","_dist","_startx","_endx","_starty","_endy","_startpos","_endpos","_heli","_height","_speed","_aircraft","_aircrafttype","_grp","_time","_pilot","_wp0"];
    position (_this select 0) params ["_px","_py"];

// Timer - aircraft will be removed after 5 minutes if it is still hanging around
    _time = time + 300;

// Offset so that aircraft doesn't necessarily fly straight over the top of whatever called this function
    _pxoffset = random 1000;
    _pyoffset = random 1000;

// Pick a random direction and distance to spawn
    _dir = random 360;
    _dist = 4000 + (random 4000);

// Pick random aircraft, height and speed
    _aircrafttype = tpw_air_aircraft select (floor (random (count tpw_air_aircraft)));
    _height = tpw_air_heights select (floor (random (count tpw_air_heights)));
    _speed = tpw_air_speeds select (floor (random (count tpw_air_speeds)));

// Calculate start and end positions of flyby
    _startx = _px + (_dist * sin _dir) + _pxoffset;
    _endx = _px - (_dist * sin _dir) + _pxoffset;
    _starty = _py + (_dist * cos _dir) + _pyoffset;
    _endy = _py - (_dist * cos _dir) + _pyoffset;
    _startpos = [_startx,_starty,_height];
    _endpos = [_endx,_endy,_height];

// Create aircraft, make it ignore everyone
    _grp = createGroup civilian; 
    _aircraft = [_startpos,0,_aircrafttype,_grp] call BIS_fnc_spawnVehicle;
    _aircraft = _aircraft select 0;    
    _aircraft enablesimulation false;
    _aircraft setvariable ["tpw_air",1];
    _pilot = driver _aircraft;
    _pilot setcaptive true;
    _pilot setskill 0;
    _pilot disableAI "TARGET";
    _pilot disableAI "AUTOTARGET";
    _grp setBehaviour "CARELESS"; 
    _grp setCombatMode "BLUE"; 
    _grp setSpeedMode _speed;      
    _grp allowfleeing 0;

// Flyby
    tpw_air_inflight = tpw_air_inflight + 1;
    _aircraft enablesimulation true;
    _aircraft domove _endpos;
    _aircraft flyinheight _height;
    waitUntil {sleep 5;(_aircraft distance _endpos < 1000 || !alive _aircraft || time > _time )};
    deleteVehicle _aircraft;
        {
        deletevehicle _x;
        } foreach units _grp;    
    deleteGroup _grp; 
    tpw_air_inflight = tpw_air_inflight - 1;
    publicvariable "tpw_air_inflight";
    };

// RUN IT
sleep tpw_air_delay;
while {true} do 
    {
    private ["_air","_counter"];
    // Spawn new aircraft as necessary    
    if (tpw_air_active && tpw_air_inflight < tpw_air_max) then 
        {
        [player] spawn tpw_air_fnc_flyby;
        sleep tpw_air_time / 2 + (random tpw_air_time/ 2);
        };
    sleep 33.33;    
    };

You can choose what aircraft to spawn by adding classnames to this part of the script...

Spoiler

// LIST OF AIRCRAFT - Thanks to Larrow for the code
tpw_air_aircraft = [""];

• Like 1

On 12/13/2016 at 2:30 PM, tpw said:

Valken, I'm sorry that you're having bleedout issues in MP. As always, I really don't have much to contribute there because MP compatibility of TPW MODS is not really guaranteed.

Hi TPW,

No worries. I had to play in MP mode only to load up some coop missions. I did figure out how to copy the COOP/MP missions over to the SP folder so that enabled me to play it without the bleedout error. :D

And to depbo some to change it to SP but that is fine for those few that are not fully SP compatible.

Have to love ARMA's flexibility and look forward to your next surprise.