tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Sorry,  I saw Your usage info. I just don't understand how to do those cfg. things without a little help.   I saw some sheep on the Stratis map near the radio/tv/Micro wave towers. Are those Your Mod's stuff?

if they are then i guess TPW is working. However, if they are not TPW mods I still need some sort of simple tutorial just get started. i learn pretty fast after that basic start-up phase is in my understanding.   

But maybe we can start here. I know how to use Notepad. Is there a way to edit the existing files in Your mod? If so, please tell just what file to modify? so I can get started.

Guys, I am still confused. When I get shot at and hit, often I fall to the ground, unable to move. I may be able to shoot, but not watch through sights. What is it, is it a new Dev build effect or is it from tpw_mods?

Play MP, found error:

Error in expression < (ismultiplayer) then
{
{
if ((isplayer _unit) && (_unit != player) && (_unit ge>
  Error position: <_unit) && (_unit != player) && (_unit ge>
  Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _unit
File TPW_MODS\tpw_bleedout.sqf, line 194

ArmA3-Dev-Version 1.65.138954

TPW-Bleedout-Version: 1.28

Date: 20160925

I delete tpw_bleedout.sqf (tpw_mods\Scripts) and i still got the error message! 

Guys, I am still confused. When I get shot at and hit, often I fall to the ground, unable to move. I may be able to shoot, but not watch through sights. What is it, is it a new Dev build effect or is it from tpw_mods?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that's TPW_Fall.  If you tap a movement key or hit the opposite stance key, I believe you go back to prone and can aim down the sights.

Hi, thank you for this great MOD !!!

I have two suggestions for this MOD:

1. Bleedout is great, but it would be nice to have option in settings file to disable bleedout for units that are in vehicles of any type (In many gameplay scenarios it can cause problem with mission completion). So settings file will have option to toggle bleedout for "on foot" only or "global" - include all vehicles.

2. Currently skirmish can be enabled or disabled only in settings file, so player need to choose if he want this option "on" before he start the game. My suggestion is to add "on the fly" option to "turn on" or "turn off" skirmish while you play any mission just via "in game" menu (that you scroll with mouse wheel)

Thank You!

Hi, thank you for this great MOD !!!

I have two suggestions for this MOD:

1. Bleedout is great, but it would be nice to have option in settings file to disable bleedout for units that are in vehicles of any type (In many gameplay scenarios it can cause problem with mission completion). So settings file will have option to toggle bleedout for "on foot" only or "global" - include all vehicles.

2. Currently skirmish can be enabled or disabled only in settings file, so player need to choose if he want this option "on" before he start the game. My suggestion is to add "on the fly" option to "turn on" or "turn off" skirmish while you play any mission just via "in game" menu (that you scroll with mouse wheel)

Thank You!

Thanks boombastic

1 - No worries, I'll look into adding that

2 - I actually have a little script that I use to toggle skirmish :

// Turn skirmish on and off

if (tpw_skirmish_active) then 
{
hintsilent "Skirmish inactivated";
tpw_skirmish_active=false;
{{deletevehicle _x} foreach units _x} foreach tpw_skirmish_friendlysquads;
{{deletevehicle _x} foreach crew _x; deletevehicle _x} foreach tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehicles;
{{deletevehicle _x} foreach units _x} foreach tpw_skirmish_enemysquads;
{{deletevehicle _x} foreach crew _x; deletevehicle _x} foreach tpw_skirmish_enemyvehicles;
} else
{
hintsilent "Skirmish activated";
tpw_skirmish_active=true;
};
  • Like 3

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that's TPW_Fall.  If you tap a movement key or hit the opposite stance key, I believe you go back to prone and can aim down the sights.

Ah yeah thx, tpw_fall... I was convinced I had turned it off, but looks like I have to check the config file again...

I hate to sound like a noob but I'm trying to use a third party mod in the skirmish script.

What line in the script is this located?

tpw_skirmish_friendlyunitstring = "_DPCU". 
tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehiclestring = "_DPCU".
tpw_skirmish_friendlytype = [0,1,5] will then use ADF, NATO and AAF as friendlies.

Thanks for the last few days of input people. Sorry I did not address them sooner, I've just been made redundant at work so have bigger fish to fry. I will get onto this stuff when things settle down. Thanks for your patience and understanding

Sorry to hear that. I hope you get a better job soon.

I wonder if someone can offer some assistance. It seems that the TPW Mod is overriding the weather settings in the editor. I have a jungle setting on Tanoa with pouring rain, when the mission starts the rain is coming down as expected but once the TPW Mod initializes the rain instantly stops. Does anyone know what is causing this and is there a setting that can be changed in the userconfig?

P.S. sorry if this has been addressed before, this is a very long thread to read through (yes I did a search before posting my question  :) ).

I wonder if someone can offer some assistance. It seems that the TPW Mod is overriding the weather settings in the editor. I have a jungle setting on Tanoa with pouring rain, when the mission starts the rain is coming down as expected but once the TPW Mod initializes the rain instantly stops. Does anyone know what is causing this and is there a setting that can be changed in the userconfig?

P.S. sorry if this has been addressed before, this is a very long thread to read through (yes I did a search before posting my question  :) ).

You need to disable TPW FOG, which is providing its own weather settings.

• Like 1

TPW, I am loving the mist setting.  I just recently tried it out as I was inspired by a screen shot a guy on reddit posted from a Nam mod... but his mist was photoshop.  Regardless, the mist you provide helps add to the feel.

How limited is the fog/mist/dust spawning within the engine, I guess I mean to ask would it be possible to set a seed amount, spawn X density of mist at X distance above ground then have a ceiling limit you would also set.  My thinking was that maaybe you could get the knee high, thick and wispy ground mist effect if the particle spawns were constrained to or within a height.  Currently they look pretty good for a mist effect along the treeline and what not but it'd be pretty cool to see it like that swamp mist type visual.

I use your mist on darn near every mission, I hit up the console as soon as I spawn and [60,0.04] spawn tpw_fog_fnc_mist; then get on with the mission heh.  Awesome on Tanoa and adds some nice effect to Altis and I even use it on Diyala... probably not very realistic for that map but I LIKE IT =)

Howdy,

first: sorry to hear about "becoming redundant"...just don't let it drag you down too much, happens to the best of us at some point. I know what I'm talking about, trust me.

So, I haven't played Arma in a couple of months, but I recently thought: "Let's do it again!". So I started a mission, and found out, that ragdoll seems to be broken, as in: I get hit and get glued to the ground. I know how to get back up, but the AI doesn't. So my question is: is there a workaround for this? Or do I have to disable "TPW FALL"? which would be a shame, since I can't imagine playing Arma without it.

again many thanks for this wonderfull little piece of joy TPW it's subtle but turns Arma into a completly different game!

Thanks flv*venom*

I've actually fixed the player issue after being ragdolled and all is good again. Until I release it, which will be before too long, the easiest way to get out of that situation is to hit the "z" key to force you into a proper prone anim, and then get up as normal.

Hmmm. I can't remember if I've reported this one before, but I'm getting the following bug when using CBA and TPW in the virtual arsenal.

21:53:15 Error in expression <mespace getvariable _x;(vehiclevarname _t) setmarkerpos position _t;} foreach >
21:53:15   Error position: <_t) setmarkerpos position _t;} foreach >
21:53:15   Error Undefined variable in expression: _t
21:53:15 File A3\Missions_F_Bootcamp\Scenarios\Arsenal.VR\init.sqf, line 211

It's odd, the error looks like a shonky script in the mission itself, but for some reason it only appears when the TPW pack is active. Could TPW be hijacking that variable in some way/shape/form?

I've had it for quite some time, but only decided to troubleshoot down to the cause this evening when I got sick of looking at it.

Thoughts?

Hmmm. I can't remember if I've reported this one before, but I'm getting the following bug when using CBA and TPW in the virtual arsenal.

21:53:15 Error in expression <mespace getvariable _x;(vehiclevarname _t) setmarkerpos position _t;} foreach >
21:53:15   Error position: <_t) setmarkerpos position _t;} foreach >
21:53:15   Error Undefined variable in expression: _t
21:53:15 File A3\Missions_F_Bootcamp\Scenarios\Arsenal.VR\init.sqf, line 211

It's odd, the error looks like a shonky script in the mission itself, but for some reason it only appears when the TPW pack is active. Could TPW be hijacking that variable in some way/shape/form?

I've had it for quite some time, but only decided to troubleshoot down to the cause this evening when I got sick of looking at it.

Thoughts?

Well that wouldn't be the first time that's happened CmcD. CBA has started throwing errors with recent beta builds anyway, so I think there is probably some combination of CBA/TPW and mission stuff at work. I'll keep my eyes peeled, and thanks for the heads up mate.

• Like 1

i love the mod but it seems that i am unable to deactivate or change certain settings in the gui menu. i've tried to deactivate the cars and air settings but they have still been spawning.

TPW MODS 2016118: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20161118.zip

Changes:

• [FALL 1.55] Fixed player movement bugs after ragdolling. 
  • [FIRELIES 1.01] Fireflies won't appear until at least 1/2 hour after dusk (you'd never see them anyway).
  • [sKIRMISH 1.35] CAS will strafe targets in addition to dropping bombs on them (thanks CB65).

Scarnon* people? Sorry about the long time in between releases, I've not been in a particularly Arma coding state of mind over the last couple of months due to external issues (and thanks for the kind words of support, much appreciated). Here's a couple of small things I've been working on, the main one of note being that the player will no longer be trapped in an unmovable state after ragdolling. Actually it was always possible to be moving by pressing roll left or right, but I digress...

* Australian equivalent of "Sup"

• Like 3

Scarnon? Never heard that before..and I have been exposed to "Home and Away" and "Neighbours" since youth...

Anyway-the reason I am posting is an error I am getting from TPW_Crowds whenever I arrive at a populated area. Any ideas?:

tPNb1Gv.jpg

Oh also-the Dropbox link for todays update seems to not be working. Or is that just me?

...works for me.

i love the mod but it seems that i am unable to deactivate or change certain settings in the gui menu. i've tried to deactivate the cars and air settings but they have still been spawning.

...I have had issues trying to change settings that don't seem to have any effect but only when "continuing" a mission. If you restart a mission from the beginning, it should take hold. I'm not saying this happens all the time or with every mission but has happened to me in the past.

Hi ineptaphid. "What's going on?" = "Scarnon" when 3/4 of the letters are elided and spoken through the left nostril in the fashion of Australian English.

TPW CROWDS hasn't changed in ages and I haven't seen the error you are describing. Are you on beta or stable? Any other mods of note?

• Like 2

Hi ineptaphid. "What's going on?" = "Scarnon" when 3/4 of the letters are elided and spoken through the left nostril in the fashion of Australian English.

TPW CROWDS hasn't changed in ages and I haven't seen the error you are describing. Are you on beta or stable? Any other mods of note?

I'm on stable.Other mods....about 60.i'll test with none-sorry :)

I looked up scarnon-once I heard someone say it, it sounds like an extreme contraction of "whats going on" spoken with the haste of a very busy Antipodean person :D