tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

I get the same problem or close to the same problem with the civ script when I have skirmish on and running an AI mod such as GroupLink5. I believe it is fighting with the AI mod as TPW dynamically spawns in new AIs and GL5 is trying to take over those AIs.

If I remove GL5, the error goes away. I will test it with ASR AI or FFAI again.

On a good note, surprised the default AI in DEV BUILD 1.62.xxxx is much better.

dakaodo - thanks for your explaination. I started looking at it and what you say makes sense. I'm a lazy player but willing to learn scripting to setup my own settings.

On related note, I believe I found the issue to my problem. As I said, I am lazy, ok "efficient" and when setting up my own init.sqf, I didn't want to manually type in all the execvm lines so figure I would just copy and paste code.

I unPBO'ed tpw_mods.pbo, opened up init.sqf to copy and replace code when I found this:

_skirmcasstring = getarray (configfile >> "TPW_MODS_Key_Setting" >> "tpw_skirmish_casstring");

_skirmchsstring = getarray (configfile >> "TPW_MODS_Key_Setting" >> "tpw_skirmish_chsstring");
_skirmuavstring = getarray (configfile >> "TPW_MODS_Key_Setting" >> "tpw_skirmish_uavstring");
_skirmencasstring = getarray (configfile >> "TPW_MODS_Key_Setting" >> "tpw_skirmish_casstring");
_skirmenchsstring = getarray (configfile >> "TPW_MODS_Key_Setting" >> "tpw_skirmish_chsstring");
_skirmenuavstring = getarray (configfile >> "TPW_MODS_Key_Setting" >> "tpw_skirmish_uavstring");
_skirmrescasstring = getarray (configfile >> "TPW_MODS_Key_Setting" >> "tpw_skirmish_casstring");
_skirmreschsstring = getarray (configfile >> "TPW_MODS_Key_Setting" >> "tpw_skirmish_chsstring");
_skirmresuavstring = getarray (configfile >> "TPW_MODS_Key_Setting" >> "tpw_skirmish_uavstring");

Notice all the classnames starting with "tpw_skirmish_xxx" are the same for BluFor, OpFor and IndFor?

If we compare the above code to the userconfig file:

tpw_skirmish_casstring[] = {""}; // Classname/s of custom friendly CAS aircraft. Empty = NATO default CAS

tpw_skirmish_chsstring[] = {""}; // Classname/s of custom friendly support heli. Empty = NATO default CHS
tpw_skirmish_uavstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom friendly UAV. Empty = NATO default UAV
tpw_skirmish_enemy_casstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom enemy CAS aircraft. Empty = CSAT default CAS
tpw_skirmish_enemy_chsstring[] = {""}; // Classname/s of custom enemy support heli. Empty = CSAT default CHS
tpw_skirmish_enemy_uavstring[] = {""}; // Classname/s of custom enemy UAV. Empty = CSAT default UAV
tpw_skirmish_resist_casstring[] = {""}; // Classname/s of custom resistance CAS aircraft. Empty = AAF default CAS
tpw_skirmish_resist_chsstring[] = {""}; // Classname/s of custom resistance support heli. Empty = AAF default CHS
tpw_skirmish_resist_uavstring[] = {""}; // Classname/s of custom resistance UAV Empty = AAF default UAV

So now I've updated init.sqf with these lines:

_skirmcasstring = getarray (configfile >> "TPW_MODS_Key_Setting" >> "tpw_skirmish_casstring");

_skirmchsstring = getarray (configfile >> "TPW_MODS_Key_Setting" >> "tpw_skirmish_chsstring");

_skirmuavstring = getarray (configfile >> "TPW_MODS_Key_Setting" >> "tpw_skirmish_uavstring");

_skirmencasstring = getarray (configfile >> "TPW_MODS_Key_Setting" >> "tpw_skirmish_enemy_casstring");

_skirmenchsstring = getarray (configfile >> "TPW_MODS_Key_Setting" >> "tpw_skirmish_enemy_chsstring");

_skirmenuavstring = getarray (configfile >> "TPW_MODS_Key_Setting" >> "tpw_skirmish_enemy_uavstring");

_skirmrescasstring = getarray (configfile >> "TPW_MODS_Key_Setting" >> "tpw_skirmish_resist_casstring");

_skirmreschsstring = getarray (configfile >> "TPW_MODS_Key_Setting" >> "tpw_skirmish_resist_chsstring");

_skirmresuavstring = getarray (configfile >> "TPW_MODS_Key_Setting" >> "tpw_skirmish_resist_uavstring");

Will repack, test this now and see if it resolves at least this issue.

Edit - working now!

Also noticed that CAS planes that go out of bounds of the skirmish area over water has their plane deleted and the pilot, co pilot ejects! So probably better to widen the boundaries for planes or have a medivac heli appear to rescue the downed pilots in water. Hate to see those AI guys swim 2000 meters back to shore. :D

• Like 1

You're not running the script and addon versions simultaneously by any chance?

No, just the mod. I tried running just CBA and TPW and it seems to work fine without the error, so its probably a conflicting mod somewhere.

Psst snowingjimbob... To make your life easier, you can check the arma3_xxx.rpt file for these errors if you want to copy/paste them for forum discussions. .rpt files are found in your c:\users\<Arma 3 player profile name>\AppData\Local\Arma 3 folder.

Or if you need to capture screen, just hit alt+Print Screen key for your active window (i.e. the Arma 3 game), then paste into MS Paintbrush or something.

I get this error quite a bit, usually while walking around it'll randomly pop up. I've tried disabling the Crowd feature and it still pops up. Also with the Crowds disabled it still shows it enabled in the start-up window at the beginning of a mission. I only play single player while messing around in the editor.

• Like 1

cheers guys

can someone confirm this is the right way to use this mod via scripts.

as I understand from the instructions first I need to have CBA A3 mod installed and enabled. Then I need to create "@TPW_MODS" folder in Arma directory and create "addons" subfolder that includes "tpw_azan.pbo", "tpw_ambience.pbo", "tpw_azan.pbo", "tpw_hud.pbo" and "tpw_sounds.pbo" files.

(all players need to have this in order to play in multiplayer)

And for every mission i need to have "tpw_core.sqf" file inside mission folder and executed on every mission. And of course any other .sqf files that i want to include.

cheers guys

can someone confirm this is the right way to use this mod via scripts.

as I understand from the instructions first I need to have CBA A3 mod installed and enabled. Then I need to create "@TPW_MODS" folder in Arma directory and create "addons" subfolder that includes "tpw_azan.pbo", "tpw_ambience.pbo", "tpw_azan.pbo", "tpw_hud.pbo" and "tpw_sounds.pbo" files.

(all players need to have this in order to play in multiplayer)

And for every mission i need to have "tpw_core.sqf" file inside mission folder and executed on every mission. And of course any other .sqf files that i want to include.

That's pretty much covered it mate. The simplest way to achieve what you want is just to do the full install of TPW MODS, and then delete tpw_mods.pbo from @TPW_MODS\addons

You can then call the scripts in the @TPW_MODS\scripts directory. Here's a sample init that I use for testing the scripts. You'll see that it will only execute the scripts if TPW MODS addon version is not running.

//TPW MODS
if !(isclass (configfile/"CfgPatches"/"TPW_MODS")) then 
{
0 = [[]] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_core.sqf";
sleep 1;
0 = [60,300,2,[100,250,500],0] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_air.sqf";
0 = [10,5,250,75,120] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_animals.sqf";
0 = [2,0.4,0.6,0.8,1,1] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_bleedout.sqf";
0 = [10,1000,5,2] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_boats.sqf";
0 = [5,1000,15,2,1,["RDS","LOP_"]] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_cars.sqf";
0 = [5,200,5,5,2,50,2,5,15,0,40,[]] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_civs.sqf";
0 = [20,2,120,80,20,1.5] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_crowd.sqf";
0 = [100,500,10,2,15,1,1] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_fall.sqf";
0 = [250,0,1,1,1,1,1,0.05] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_fog.sqf";
0 = [] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_hint.sqf";
0 = [10] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_houselights.sqf";
0 = [
[25,500], // range of goggles
[1,1,1], // HUD colour
[0,1,1], // Friendly colour
[1,0.5,0], // Enemy units colour
[1,1,1], // Civ colour
[0.5,1,0], // Squad and marker colour
0.6, // initial HUD brightness 
[1,0.6,0.456,1], // ASL where 1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 0.6 = X position, 0.45 = Y position, 1 = text size
[1,0.5,0.452,1], // AZT 
[1,0.4,0.45,1], // GRD  
[1,0.4,0.5,1], // LMT  
[1,0.6,0.51,1], // TMP 
[1,0.4,0.55,1], // HLT  
[1,0.5,0.56,1], // RNG  
[1,0.6,0.57,1], // VEL 
[1,0.5,0.505,1], // PRX 
[1,1,0.25,0.6], // UNITS/MARKERS, where 1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 2 = icon max size, 0.5 = icon min size, 0.75 = text size (1 = same size as HUD text)
//[-0.02,-0.015], // HUD offset [x,y] -0.5 to 0.5  // centre
[0.30,0.20], // HUD offset [x,y] -0.5 to 0.5  // bottom left
1.2, // HUD scale. > 1 = larger
1.5, // text scale. > 1 = larger
1, // HUD degradation over distance
0, // No HUD in 3rd person. 1 = HUD in 3rd person
1, // Add TAC glasses to player's uniform if not present. 0 = don't add
[24,23,30,29,24,23,30,29,22,20], // ICONS [unit,hidden unit,vehicle,hidden vehicle,enemy unit,hidden enemy unit,enemy vehicle,hidden enemy vehicle,marker,predictor]
1.5, // Detection range multiplication factor for vehicles (1.5 = 750m max detection range for vehicles vs 500m for units)
1, // Audible proximity warning
[], // extra goggles
[] // extra headgear
] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_hud.sqf";
0 = [15,300,150,20,15,["RDS","LOP_"]] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_park.sqf";
0 = [8,50,10,0.05,600,0.2,0] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_puddle.sqf";
0 = [30,1,1] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_radio.sqf";
0 = [] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_rainfx.sqf";
if (worldname == "Tanoa") then
{
0 = [1,1,2,1,2,1,500,1500,1,0,0,[0,2],[5,-7],[6,8],30,"_dpcu","_dpcu","","","","",[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[]] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_skirmish.sqf";
} else
{
0 = [1,1,2,1,2,1,500,1500,1,0,0,[1],[-7,-8],[6],30,"_dpcu","_dpcu","","","","",[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[]] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_skirmish.sqf";
};
0 = [1,0.5,1,1,1,0,0,0] execvm "\@TPW_MODS\scripts\tpw_soap.sqf"; 
};
  • Like 1

thx, great mod by the way.

Though I have one question or suggestion if you like.

I noticed that, although I have crowd mod disabled civilians still spaw in one place and than scatter aroud when a player gets closer. Like in this screenshot

3l4MHbRm.jpg

That kind of makes town crowded in one place and quite empty elsewhere.

I tested it with scripts and mod with the same result.

Here are the parameters:

tpw_crowd_active = 0;
tpw_civ_radius = 300;
tpw_civ_density = 1;
tpw_civ_maxciv = 50;
tpw_civ_interact = 15; 

What I would suggest is to spawn civs more scattered if possible. I would rather see few civs here and there, scattered by the houses than all of them in one place. It's more realistic that way.

Or maybe I didn't customize it right?

I have a problem that I can't seem to find a solution for. 

I play with Enhanced Movement and when I climb something player fall activates.
My first idea was to disable it, which I attempted to do. But it never turns off. Python says it's off (set to 0) and the TPW settings executable says the same thing but there it's still on when I load up Arma. 

It's maddening in a firefight or trying to sneak up on enemies on buildings when I fall off because my character tries to lay down on a tiny ledge and refuses to get up for however long it takes. Not to mention when I try to get up manually he falls back down to finish the stand up animation.

My first idea was to disable it, which I attempted to do. But it never turns off. Python says it's off (set to 0) and the TPW settings executable says the same thing but it's still on when I load up Arma. 

It's maddening in a firefight or trying to sneak up on enemies on buildings when I fall off because my character tries to lay down on a tiny ledge and refuses to get up for however long it takes. Not to mention when I try to get up manually he falls back down to finish the stand up animation.

thx, great mod by the way.

Though I have one question or suggestion if you like.

I noticed that, although I have crowd mod disabled civilians still spaw in one place and than scatter aroud when a player gets closer. Like in this screenshot

3l4MHbRm.jpg

That kind of makes town crowded in one place and quite empty elsewhere.

I tested it with scripts and mod with the same result.

Here are the parameters:

tpw_crowd_active = 0;
tpw_civ_radius = 300;
tpw_civ_density = 1;
tpw_civ_maxciv = 50;
tpw_civ_interact = 15; 

What I would suggest is to spawn civs more scattered if possible. I would rather see few civs here and there, scattered by the houses than all of them in one place. It's more realistic that way.

Or maybe I didn't customize it right?

Hi Sheflja. If they're scattering only when you approach them then they are TPW CROWD civilians, not TPW CIV civilians. TPW CIV civs spawn into houses and move between them regardless of where you are. I suggest that you properly disable TPW CROWD and see if that helps you.

My first idea was to disable it, which I attempted to do. But it never turns off. Python says it's off (set to 0) and the TPW settings executable says the same thing but there it's still on when I load up Arma. 

Hi The Haxyl. Setting tpw_fall_active = 0 in my HPP properly disables TPW FALL on my system. By disabled, I mean that the script is not even run, so there is no possibility of TPW FALL functions being active.

One way to test if it's properly disabled is to shoot one of your squaddies with a pistol, and see if they fall/ragdoll (TPW FALL active), or just do the stupid Arma3 flinch (TPW FALL inactive). If it's flinch city then I suggest that you have an issue with Enhanced Movement. 

TPW MODS 20160812: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20160812.zip

Changes:

• [bLEEDOUT 1.24] Incapacitated units are set setcaptive true, so will not be fired upon.
  • [FALL 1.50] Low damage impacts should call correct animated fall. Reduced anomalous collateral damage from PhysX kludge falls. Units who have not fully stood upright from a fall should better use crouch fall animations.
  • [FOG 1.41] Adjusted ground mist particle size to reduce visual anomalies.

Thankfully for everyone, the pace of development has finally slackened off. Just a few minorish bugfixes.

• Like 6

Ok, after setting tpw_crowd_active = 0; didn't really deactivate crowd mod for me, I set all the parameters in crowd section to 0

// CROWDS
tpw_crowd_active = 0; // 0 = inactive
tpw_crowd_max = 0; // maximum number of civs 
tpw_crowd_density = 0; // civs per house
tpw_crowd_radius = 0; // radius to scan around player to spawn civs
tpw_crowd_animradius = 0; // units closer than this will animate
tpw_crowd_moveradius = 0; // units closer than this will disperse
tpw_crowd_scantime = 0; // time (sec) between scanning, spawning and visibility checks 

Now it works fine, there are no crowds and civs walk randomly across whole town, not just in one place.

Although I still get Crowd when initializing the mod:

pP4PTrD.jpg

Does that mean that the crowd is still active? Well it says that it's active but what does 1.02 number mean?

By the way I'm using mod (not scripts) and i tested with your latest version 20160812

mods that I have enabled are:

3den Enhanced

TPW mods

CBA v3.0.0

ZEC Compositions

Ares

Ok, after setting tpw_crowd_active = 0; didn't really deactivate crowd mod for me, I set all the parameters in crowd section to 0

// CROWDS
tpw_crowd_active = 0; // 0 = inactive
tpw_crowd_max = 0; // maximum number of civs 
tpw_crowd_density = 0; // civs per house
tpw_crowd_radius = 0; // radius to scan around player to spawn civs
tpw_crowd_animradius = 0; // units closer than this will animate
tpw_crowd_moveradius = 0; // units closer than this will disperse
tpw_crowd_scantime = 0; // time (sec) between scanning, spawning and visibility checks 

Now it works fine, there are no crowds and civs walk randomly across whole town, not just in one place.

Although I still get Crowd when initializing the mod:

Does that mean that the crowd is still active? Well it says that it's active but what does 1.02 number mean?

By the way I'm using mod (not scripts) and i tested with your latest version 20160812

mods that I have enabled are:

3den Enhanced

TPW mods

CBA v3.0.0

ZEC Compositions

Ares

Well spotted mate, turned out to be an error in my init which was spawning TPW CROWD regardless. I have updated the 20160812 release,  so please redownload. Thanks again.

Has anyone else had civilians appearing on the HUD as hostile (instead of white) when INDEP is set to an enemy faction? Is there a way around this?

@TPW: no problem man, it's working as it should now. thx again for this mod.

@Jarrad: that has nothing to do with this mod. if you set independant to an enemy faction, civs are automatically hostile (I'm not sure is it a bug or it's on purpose). so you have to manually override this by putting this in your init file:

WEST setFriend [CIVILIAN, 1];
CIVILIAN setFriend [WEST, 1]; 

this makes bluefor and civs friendly. if you want to do it for other fasctions, the principle is the same, just change the factions name in the code.

Has anyone else had civilians appearing on the HUD as hostile (instead of white) when INDEP is set to an enemy faction? Is there a way around this?

It doesn't happen in Pilgrimage where INDEP is an enemy faction, but I have had it in Workshop scenarios such as MERCs and Deliverance Part 2. I soon learnt to tell them apart. If they shoot at you, they're not civilian. I just had to PID my targets.

It must be some setting in the mission that causes it, but they are heavily scripted scenarios so I wouldn't know where to start to look.

Thanks for the update tpw,

Im getting this error after the latest tpw_fog script update, its more like an rpt error spam because it happens constantly.

201608131419121SW3O7.jpg

Hi TPW, I'm here nitpicking again  :P  :P

The vanilla game has a falling when sprinting animation (sprint and press prone button to see it). Would you consider adding this so jogging/sprinting units will use this animation for low damage hits? Right now they use the falling to left/right animation, which seems quite odd because it makes them suddenly stop.

Cheers!

Hi Sheflja. If they're scattering only when you approach them then they are TPW CROWD civilians, not TPW CIV civilians. TPW CIV civs spawn into houses and move between them regardless of where you are. I suggest that you properly disable TPW CROWD and see if that helps you.

Oh wow, didn't realize that.  That's pretty cool.  Thanks!

For the 0812 update, do we need to also update the config? 

Thanks for the update tpw,

Im getting this error after the latest tpw_fog script update, its more like an rpt error spam because it happens constantly.

201608131419121SW3O7.jpg

Thanks, have pixked it up and fixed it. Stupid error on my part! I will release the fix shortly.

Hi TPW, I'm here nitpicking again  :P  :P

The vanilla game has a falling when sprinting animation (sprint and press prone button to see it). Would you consider adding this so jogging/sprinting units will use this animation for low damage hits? Right now they use the falling to left/right animation, which seems quite odd because it makes them suddenly stop.

Cheers!

This mod only improves because of the nitpicking, so keep it up man. I will have a look at incorporating it ASAP.

Oh wow, didn't realize that.  That's pretty cool.  Thanks!

For the 0812 update, do we need to also update the config? 

No config changes. I try to let everyone know when it's necessary with plenty of red bold text!

• Like 1

I have a question concerning the skirmish mod. Im trying to use it to spawn RHS US and RU factions, but it only spawns vanilla units.

i was able to get Opfor CUP units to spawn but not the vehicles, just to see if it worked.

heres the slice of code, what am i screwing up?

tpw_skirmish_friendlytype[] = {0}; // BLUFOR 
tpw_skirmish_enemytype[] = {0}; // OPFOR: 
tpw_skirmish_resisttype[] = {0}; // INDFOR: 
tpw_skirmish_spawntime = 30; // Time (sec) between spawning each enemy/friendly squad/vehicle
tpw_skirmish_friendlyunitstring = "rhs_faction_usarmy_d"; // Custom string to select friendly units from config
tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehiclestring = "rhs_faction_usarmy_d"; // Custom string to select friendly vehicles from config
tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring = "rhs_faction_msv"; // Custom string to select enemy units from config
tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring = "rhs_faction_msv"; // Custom string to select enemy vehicles from config

• Like 1

This mod only improves because of the nitpicking, so keep it up man. I will have a look at incorporating it ASAP.

That's great news, mate!  :D So glad to have people like you in the community. Many thanks again!