tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

most of it I've just worked out for myself (which is probably why the code is so shit).

shit or not. that is the most fun. i prefer doing stuff myself too because i like the journey of solving a problem and learning i the process.

also thx for the variables. i knew you had something for that purpose! :bounce2:

• Like 1

shit or not. that is the most fun. i prefer doing stuff myself too because i like the journey of solving a problem and learning i the process.

also thx for the variables. i knew you had something for that purpose! :bounce2:

Cheers BB

Well bugger me, you're right! I will see about incorporating these in stat. Thanks very much Sam Fisher!

Thank you TPW! You are my saviour! <3<3

Hi, It is possible to use houselights in MP, just to load the mod on dedicated server?

Hey TPW! So i got some kind of an issue here. TPW Fall Works fine alone as a script with only 1 error regarding the use of TPW Core. but the issue is when i use TPW core to activate it there will be always an error speaking about TPW_Civs... I apparently only have TPW Fall and TPW Core cause i dont want another scripts. Must i tweak something at TPW Core and delete all civilian stuff?

Thanks!

Hey TPW! So i got some kind of an issue here. TPW Fall Works fine alone as a script with only 1 error regarding the use of TPW Core. but the issue is when i use TPW core to activate it there will be always an error speaking about TPW_Civs... I apparently only have TPW Fall and TPW Core cause i dont want another scripts. Must i tweak something at TPW Core and delete all civilian stuff?

Thanks!

Hi V-O. I routinely run TPW MODS as scripts only, as part of the development process. So when I'm working on TPW FALL I'll often run it in isolation (CORE + FALL only). I just did so and saw no TPW CIVS related errors, sorry. If you could at least tell me what the error is, that would help. Just telling me that there is an error doesn't help me track problems down on your behalf :)

I was unable to get the puddles (script) to work in Esseker with CUP core running, well basically i didn't really waited to rain and stop in order to take the effects going but i used the debug to force a 0.3 rain and after 10-15 minutes i faded the rain away, sadly no puddles appeared, didn't really had the time to test the script on other maps unfortunately but I've seen screenshots on this thread that it works to other maps, probably i did something wrong.

Hey tpw,

First of Ι'm grateful to you for making the sterile environment that BIS provided alive. Your mod is indispensable and highly appreciated.

That said, I've a bug report. I see that you support Leight's Afghan civilians but you have the wrong classnames and the standard Altis civs get spawned instead. If memory serves they are LOP_Tak_Civ_man01/02/03 and 04.

And a request: Is it possible to have spawned AI and cars run a user defined script upon their creation? It's a feature available in COS and DAC.

In any case, keep up the good work. You're doing us a great service.

Hi V-O. I routinely run TPW MODS as scripts only, as part of the development process. So when I'm working on TPW FALL I'll often run it in isolation (CORE + FALL only). I just did so and saw no TPW CIVS related errors, sorry. If you could at least tell me what the error is, that would help. Just telling me that there is an error doesn't help me track problems down on your behalf :)

Ah I apologize. My bad il reproduce the issue and come back to you ASAP.

Thanks!

Here it is. I just use TPW_Core and TPW_Fall and executed only both of them. Somehow its asking for some civilian stuff in line 142

https://gyazo.com/8f0b7e9f72eba965a5df8900e97d9bfb

Thanks!

EDIT: Wrong line number

Hi TPW,

I really love the developments. Amazing is all I can say about it. Is there any chance that there comes a possibility to adjust the ambient radio chatter so I can increase the volume of it? I would love to increase the volume to increase the feeling of a radio channel that's filled with voices even more. 

Thamls in advance. 

GrooveDJ

I believe there may be a bug or my skirmish config is wrong. I setup and enabled all 3 sides including CAS.

I defined CAS as follows using Firewill's standalone mods:

tpw_skirmish_casstring[] = {"FIR_A164R"}; // Classname/s of custom friendly CAS aircraft. Empty = NATO default CAS

tpw_skirmish_chsstring[] = {"FIR_AH99R"}; // Classname/s of custom friendly support heli. Empty = NATO default CHS
tpw_skirmish_uavstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom friendly UAV. Empty = NATO default UAV
tpw_skirmish_enemy_casstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom enemy CAS aircraft. Empty = CSAT default CAS
tpw_skirmish_enemy_chsstring[] = {TU_CMB_HunterChopper_F}; // Classname/s of custom enemy support heli. Empty = CSAT default CHS
tpw_skirmish_enemy_uavstring[] = {MOX_KH3B}; // Classname/s of custom enemy UAV. Empty = CSAT default UAV
tpw_skirmish_resist_casstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom resistance CAS aircraft. Empty = AAF default CAS
tpw_skirmish_resist_chsstring[] = {TERROR_I_VEH_UH60M}; // Classname/s of custom resistance support heli. Empty = AAF default CHS
tpw_skirmish_resist_uavstring[] = {}; // Classname/s of custom resistance UAV Empty = AAF default UAV

And I noticed Independents are using the same CAS as BluFor instead of what I've defined. It appears to be caching it instead of loading what I specified even though I see the unit in Eden.

Note - TU_XXX is The Uprising mod and it does not work via TPW. It does work if I manually place the units so that mod needs to be updated.

Hey tpw,

First of Ι'm grateful to you for making the sterile environment that BIS provided alive. Your mod is indispensable and highly appreciated.

That said, I've a bug report. I see that you support Leight's Afghan civilians but you have the wrong classnames and the standard Altis civs get spawned instead. If memory serves they are LOP_Tak_Civ_man01/02/03 and 04.

And a request: Is it possible to have spawned AI and cars run a user defined script upon their creation? It's a feature available in COS and DAC.

In any case, keep up the good work. You're doing us a great service.

Hi Arma131, thanks for the kind words and the input. The Leight's classnames I used work just fine, but perhaps I'm using an older version of is pack. LOP_AFG_CIV_01 are the classnames I see. Could you please send me a more up to date list of classnames?

Here it is. I just use TPW_Core and TPW_Fall and executed only both of them. Somehow its asking for some civilian stuff in line 142

https://gyazo.com/8f0b7e9f72eba965a5df8900e97d9bfb

Thanks!

EDIT: Wrong line number

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I simply don't see this error. The only thing I can thing of is that you are passing an incorrect  tpw_core_blacklist to the script. Could you please show me the commands and parameters  you are using to call the scripts? 

Hi TPW,

I really love the developments. Amazing is all I can say about it. Is there any chance that there comes a possibility to adjust the ambient radio chatter so I can increase the volume of it? I would love to increase the volume to increase the feeling of a radio channel that's filled with voices even more. 

Thamls in advance. 

GrooveDJ

Unfortunately (for you) footbound radio uses say3d to play the radio sounds in such a way that they follow the player and don't interfere with music etc. This command does not allow the volume to be changed. I've tried to pick a happy medium in the config volumes for the radio sounds, but I guess I can't please everyone. 

I believe there may be a bug or my skirmish config is wrong. I setup and enabled all 3 sides including CAS.

I defined CAS as follows using Firewill's standalone mods:

And I noticed Independents are using the same CAS as BluFor instead of what I've defined. It appears to be caching it instead of loading what I specified even though I see the unit in Eden.

Note - TU_XXX is The Uprising mod and it does not work via TPW. It does work if I manually place the units so that mod needs to be updated.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Perhaps dakaodo could chime in with some help here, after all he implemented these features for me! 

I was unable to get the puddles (script) to work in Esseker with CUP core running, well basically i didn't really waited to rain and stop in order to take the effects going but i used the debug to force a 0.3 rain and after 10-15 minutes i faded the rain away, sadly no puddles appeared, didn't really had the time to test the script on other maps unfortunately but I've seen screenshots on this thread that it works to other maps, probably i did something wrong.

Are you running the tpw_puddle.pbo? You need this for the puddle objects themselves.

As per the docs, the easy way to force spawning of puddles is tpw_puddle_rainthresh = -1

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I simply don't see this error. The only thing I can thing of is that you are passing an incorrect  tpw_core_blacklist to the script. Could you please show me the commands and parameters  you are using to call the script?

Ah! My bad il get on my comp ASAP and show you the parameters and commands :)

Thanks!

Okay here is the commands:

0 = [["str1","str2",etc]] execvm "tpw_core.sqf";

0 = [100,500,10,2,30,1,1] execvm "tpw_fall.sqf";

Thanks!

TPW MODS 20160729: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20160729.zip

Changes:

• [CORE 1.26] Updated civilian classname selection for Leight's Opfor (many thanks to arma131 for the heads up and classnames).
  • [FALL 1.49] Units should no longer be invincible during kludged PhysX falls. Revive is temporarily disabled for the duration of a fall. Units should use appropriate animations if hit whilst crouching/kneeling (many thanks Sam Fisher).

Greetings all.

I thought I'd address a few niggles mainly related to TPW FALL. I'd be interested in hearing how you go using the setunconscious ragdolling in MP. I've had reports that it interfered with the revive system, so revive is temporarily disabled for a unit from the moment it's hit, until it stands up again. I don't play MP so if anyone can confirm/deny that this helps I'd appreciate it.

• Like 1

TPW MODS 20160729: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20160729.zip

Changes:

• [CORE 1.26] Updated civilian classname selection for Leight's Opfor (many thanks to arma131 for the heads up and classnames).
  • [FALL 1.49] Units should no longer be invincible during kludged PhysX falls. Revive is temporarily disabled for the duration of a fall. Units should use appropriate animations if hit whilst crouching/kneeling (many thanks Sam Fisher).

Greetings all.

I thought I'd address a few niggles mainly related to TPW FALL. I'd be interested in hearing how you g using the setunconscious ragdolling in MP. I've had reports that it interfered with the revive system, so revive is temporarily disabled for a unit from the moment it's hit, until it stands up again. I don't play MP so if anyone can confirm/deny that this helps I'd appreciate it.

Hi TPW, many thanks for the update!

I've been testing FALL in this newest version and there are quite a few bugs...

Running only CBA and TPW Mods, testing in VR Arsenal.

tpw_fall_ragdoll = 2: Units seem to ragdoll regardless of the amount of damage they receive, even when wearing level V vest and hit by a pistol round...

tpw_fall_ragdoll = 0: Crouching/Kneeling units now fall using the appropriate animations, but when they try to stand up and get hit they still fall from standing, like in the first video I posted. And sometimes they also ragdoll fall, even though the config is set to 0. Strange...

tpw_fall_ragdoll = 1: This is the most buggy/hilarious one, I made another video to demonstrate. 3 round burst of 9.3mm still can't kill a unit. Low damage hits cause units to ragdoll most of the time. The PhysX object seems to be too huge and it crushes whoever is in close proximity of the hit unit (including the player)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e8WPDbg6Nw

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hi Arma131, thanks for the kind words and the input. The Leight's classnames I used work just fine, but perhaps I'm using an older version of is pack. LOP_AFG_CIV_01 are the classnames I see. Could you please send me a more up to date list of classnames?

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I simply don't see this error. The only thing I can thing of is that you are passing an incorrect  tpw_core_blacklist to the script. Could you please show me the commands and parameters  you are using to call the scripts? 

Unfortunately (for you) footbound radio uses say3d to play the radio sounds in such a way that they follow the player and don't interfere with music etc. This command does not allow the volume to be changed. I've tried to pick a happy medium in the config volumes for the radio sounds, but I guess I can't please everyone. 

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Perhaps dakaodo could chime in with some help here, after all he implemented these features for me!

No problem! TPW continues to rock!

Hi TPW, many thanks for the update!

I've been testing FALL in this newest version and there are quite a few bugs...

Running only CBA and TPW Mods, testing in VR Arsenal.

tpw_fall_ragdoll = 2: Units seem to ragdoll regardless of the amount of damage they receive, even when wearing level V vest and hit by a pistol round...

tpw_fall_ragdoll = 0: Crouching/Kneeling units now fall using the appropriate animations, but when they try to stand up and get hit they still fall from standing, like in the first video I posted. And sometimes they also ragdoll fall, even though the config is set to 0. Strange...

tpw_fall_ragdoll = 1: This is the most buggy/hilarious one, I made another video to demonstrate. 3 round burst of 9.3mm still can't kill a unit. Low damage hits cause units to ragdoll most of the time. The PhysX object seems to be too huge and it crushes whoever is in close proximity of the hit unit (including the player)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e8WPDbg6Nw

Good luck!

Hi SF

Thanks for the reports, I've dived back into the code to see what I can do

Units seem to ragdoll regardless of the amount of damage they receive, even when wearing level V vest and hit by a pistol round... 

Fixed, just some stupid logic which slipped through

Crouching/Kneeling units now fall using the appropriate animations, but when they try to stand up and get hit they still fall from standing, like in the first video I posted. And sometimes they also ragdoll fall, even though the config is set to 0. Strange...

Well this gives me the shits. I had added some code to skip the fall animations if the unit stance is "prone" or "undefined". Apparently standing up must count as "stand". I've now added one more bit of code which should force falls from crouch if the units eye position is less than 1m. If this doesn't work then I suggest you stop shooting units from 0.5m away in the armoury and instead shoot them from >100m where the animation transitions won't offend your sensibilities so much :)

This is the most buggy/hilarious one, I made another video to demonstrate. 3 round burst of 9.3mm still can't kill a unit. Low damage hits cause units to ragdoll most of the time. The PhysX object seems to be too huge and it crushes whoever is in close proximity of the hit unit (including the player)...

OK I've halved the size of the PhysX object which should prevent (Austrian accent) "collateral damage".

Please check your PM mate, I have sent you the modified TPW FALL script and physx object for you to test.

Thanks again for putting my code under an electron microscope, since I clearly haven't! 

• Like 2

Hi SF

OK I've halved the size of the PhysX object which should prevent (Austrian accent) "collateral damage".

No doubt (Austrian accent) "he'll be back"! :D

• Like 1

I can't stress enough how much I'd love to see Islamic call to prayer. Maybe as a separate module, but it would add IMMENSELY to maps like Diyala and Zargabad!!

Hi SF

Thanks for the reports, I've dived back into the code to see what I can do

Units seem to ragdoll regardless of the amount of damage they receive, even when wearing level V vest and hit by a pistol round... 

Fixed, just some stupid logic which slipped through

Crouching/Kneeling units now fall using the appropriate animations, but when they try to stand up and get hit they still fall from standing, like in the first video I posted. And sometimes they also ragdoll fall, even though the config is set to 0. Strange...

Well this gives me the shits. I had added some code to skip the fall animations if the unit stance is "prone" or "undefined". Apparently standing up must count as "stand". I've now added one more bit of code which should force falls from crouch if the units eye position is less than 1m. If this doesn't work then I suggest you stop shooting units from 0.5m away in the armoury and instead shoot them from >100m where the animation transitions won't offend your sensibilities so much :)

This is the most buggy/hilarious one, I made another video to demonstrate. 3 round burst of 9.3mm still can't kill a unit. Low damage hits cause units to ragdoll most of the time. The PhysX object seems to be too huge and it crushes whoever is in close proximity of the hit unit (including the player)...

Please check your PM mate, I have sent you the modified TPW FALL script and physx object for you to test.

Thanks again for putting my code under an electron microscope, since I clearly haven't! 

Hi TPW!

Thank you again for your patience with my nitpicking and for sending me the script to test!

After massacring like 100+ defenceless CSAT units I think I'm ready to file a brief report.

Fixed:

Setunconscious ragdolling is now working properly!

PhysX ragdolling indeed has its collateral damage minimised! Unless you're standing 0.1m away from a unit, which should never happen in actual gameplay.  :D

Not fixed:

PhysX ragdolling still has the temporary invincibility problem.

The "eye position code" doesn't seem to fix animated fall. Standing-up units still fall from standing stance 90% of the time, and in like 10% of the time they fall from crouch. Following your line of reasoning, I guess the 10% worked because the unit is climbing up to a crouched stance instead of trying to stand up.

All things considered, I'd say I'm really happy with this version; and I believe the visual anomaly in animation transition has such a low chance of occurring that it would no longer be a prominent issue in actual gameplay.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Well, TPW Any thoughts on implementing an option to make player not continuesly ragdoll everytime he gets shot? Virtually impossible to escape the shots XD

Thanks for the update by the way! Im loving TPW Fall :D