tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Hey TPW. I have a request: could you turn the skirmish part of the mod into a module with can be placed in the editor? I really loved the skirmish module in Arma 2 and your skirmish mod really scratches that itch. However I would like to have a control when it's on, preferably by turning it on rather then off, so it does not interfere with scenarios and such. Also, an addition of blacklist markers, so you can set up safe zones, would be great.

Hi taro8, sorry I haven't gotten to your post earlier. Part of it I addressed a few posts ago:

4 - Module version
Requests for this periodically pop up and strangely enough I never get round to doing it. My original design philosophy (and prerogative) was to have a system that just worked as soon as you loaded an empty map. So rather than activate individual mods with modules and their parameters, you can just deactivate individual mods with logics/triggers and their parameters. If the chorus of complaints gets too deafening then I may relent, but it's a lot of work at my end to enable people to achieve essentially the same end result. 

So to answer your repeat question, it's not a priority at present but I will look into it and see how involved the process is.

Re blacklist markers,  I refer you to this section of the TPW_MODS_readme.txt. Basically any TPW MOD can be activated/deactivated via trigger

ASSIGNING TPW MODS TO DIFFERENT PARTS OF A MAP
==============================================
The following variables can be used to activate/inactivate the various TPW MODS ambient life behaviours whilst the game is running:

- tpw_animal_active = true/false
- tpw_boat_active = true/false
- tpw_car_active = true/false
- tpw_civ_active = true/false
- tpw_houselights_active = true/false
- tpw_park_active = true/false
- tpw_radio_active = true/false
- tpw_skirmish_active = true/false
- tpw_soap_active = true/false
- tpw_streetlights_active = true/false

For example, setting tpw_animal_active=false in the debug shell will prevent new animals from spawning (but won't remove existing animals). This behaviour can be automated using triggers. Let's say you want to exclude all ambient life stuff from a 5km x 5km northeast corner of Altis. In the editor create a rectangular 5000x5000 trigger (but of course it can be any shape, size and angle you require), place it over the appropriate northeast area of the map, and set it thusly:

Type: None
Activation: BLUFOR, repeatedly,present
Condition: vehicle player in thislist && time > 10;
On act. : tpw_animal_active = false;tpw_boat_active=false;tpw_car_active = false;tpw_civ_active = false;tpw_houselights_active = false;tpw_park_active = false;tpw_radio_active = false;tpw_skirmish_active = false;tpw_streetlights_active = false
On dea. : tpw_animal_active = true;tpw_boat_active=true;tpw_car_active = true;tpw_civ_active = true;tpw_houselights_active = true;tpw_park_active = true;tpw_radio_active = true;tpw_skirmish_active = true;tpw_streetlights_active = true

Hope this stuff helps you.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, man. Just thought, maybe a long term solution for this issue might be in your interest. Who knows, if we are lucky, maybe the Revive system will, someday, finally, be compatible with AI team mates too. 

The ragdoll workaround with old Physx and animated falls is certainly a tenable compromise, but it just isn't the full thing. I have the impression that many hits, especially by explosives, won't feel as forceful (though I experienced AI flying 50m from an RGO with it once) and a hit unit often won't fall over in the proper direction. This is just what I noticed when playing around with it for a few minutes on my own, I will test the compatibility with the MP Revive later and share the results, once my mate is online and available. 

UPDATE: Tested, Coop with BI Revive works fine as long as tpw_fall_ragdoll is set to "1". :) Thanks a lot.

TPW MODS 20160718: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20160718.zip

Changes:

• [CIVS 1.47] Hardcoded limit of 100 civs.  
  • [FALL 1.48] Fixed bug causing player to react to bullet hits regardless of settings.
  • [FOG 1.40] Proper cleanup up of mist logics.
  • [sKIRMISH 1.29] Can now use BLUFOR, OPFOR and INDFOR units and vehicles. All sides can now call in support (only NATO has it enabled by default). Multiple vehicles for close air, heli and UAV support can be specifed. Huge thanks to dakaodo for retooling TPW SKIRMISH to enable these features.
  • Please update your TPW_MODS.hpp

Back again with some more bug fixes and improvement. The main one is entirely due to dakaodo, who, if you've followed the last couple of pages of posts, has taken it upon himself to refactor TPW SKIRMISH so that it supports INDFOR squads and vehicles. And as a bonus, all sides can be configured to call in support for true battlefield mayhem. I'm very grateful to dakaodo for this, and very pleased that he's chosen to allow me to release his profound changes so that other people can enjoy them.

Please be aware that a large retooling like this might have allowed some bugs to creep in despite our best efforts.

• Like 4

Thanks tpw ... going to see if I can melt my machine now with uber_skirmish :)

• Like 1

tpw,

If you would not mind, how could I modify your tpw_air script to just include the Ceasar_BTT plane and M900 helicopter with approx 4-12 aircraft flying at one time?

Thanks for any advice,

Ha, there go my 15 minutes of Internet fame. :D

Jnr4817:

I think if you delete/comment out lines 36-58, and define line 35:

tpw_air_aircraft = [C_Plane_Civil_01_F, C_Plane_Civil_01_racing_F, C_Heli_Light_01_civil_F];

(you may also need to comment out lines 61-67, or reduce line 62 "_i" from 1 to 3)

Then init with

0 = [10,300,12,[50,250,500],0] execvm "scripts\tpw_air.sqf";

That will limit the chosen aircraft to your desired list, with up to 12 flying. You may need to adjust the timing of max delay (300 by default in the parameters above).

Thanks Dakaodo, I reckon you're good for at least 30 minutes of fame.

Hey tpw,

A quick question, and yes I KNOW that tpw_mods wasn't designed for MP, but I'm trying to run TPW_MODS on my dedi server and think that I need -filepatching to make it work (however CBA complains about -filepatching). 

Anyone out there have success on a dedi server? For info I only want the skirmish and civ based functions on the dedi.

EDIT - I found a dedi exit in the skirmish script :(

• Like 1

Excellent,

Thanks for response. Will I still need to run the tpw_core.sqf, as I am running this as a script.

Where do I place the .pbo's if running the tpw_civ.sqf, tpw_cars.sqf, and tpw_fog.sqf?

One last humble questions, how would you set up your init.sqf when running and calling this many .sqf's at mission start?

Sincerely,

Jason

Ha, there go my 15 minutes of Internet fame. :D

Jnr4817:

I think if you delete/comment out lines 36-58, and define line 35:

tpw_air_aircraft = [C_Plane_Civil_01_F, C_Plane_Civil_01_racing_F, C_Heli_Light_01_civil_F];

(you may also need to comment out lines 61-67, or reduce line 62 "_i" from 1 to 3)

Then init with

That will limit the chosen aircraft to your desired list, with up to 12 flying. You may need to adjust the timing of max delay (300 by default in the parameters above).

Hi Jason. A lot of your questions can be answered in TPW's pretty thorough comments at the start of each .sqf file. :)

The core.sqf is required, and must be initialized first. Then you can list all the others in no particular order after.

0 = [[]] execvm "tpw_core.sqf";

0 = [5,150,15,5,4,50,0,10,15,1,40] execvm "tpw_civs.sqf";

0 = [5,1000,15,2,1] execvm "tpw_cars.sqf";

0 = [250,10,1,1,1,1,1,.05] execvm "tpw_fog.sqf";

The 3 .sqf scripts you mention do not require any .pbo files, I'm pretty sure. Remember TPW just said earlier in this thread that his scripts check for precedence of the .pbo addon version. If you have loaded the mod version, the scripts will not run. So you must disable the addon in order to use your custom .sqf settings. If you want to use

Be sure to edit the "xxx.sqf" part to include a path to your scripts, from the mission folder as root. i.e. if you organize all your scripts in ..\Documents\Arma 3\missions\MyMissionName.Stratis\scripts, then the inits will use "scripts\xxx.sqf"

TPW: If we want to use ambience, azan calls, sounds, or puddles in conjunction with e.g. the above scripts, then would we need to essentially split up the TPW mods folder into separate mod folders so that only those pbos for ambience, puddles, etc. are activated, not TPW_mods.pbo?

Excellent,

So I can change the settings of each script; civ, cars, air, and fog to meet my needs. I execute the core.sqf first, followed by the rest in the init.sqf and be good to go. I shouldn't need any .pbo's.

I'll give this a try and see what happens. 

Thank you again for quick response.

Jason

Hi Jason. A lot of your questions can be answered in TPW's pretty thorough comments at the start of each .sqf file. :)

The core.sqf is required, and must be initialized first. Then you can list all the others in no particular order after.

0 = [[]] execvm "tpw_core.sqf";

0 = [5,150,15,5,4,50,0,10,15,1,40] execvm "tpw_civs.sqf";

0 = [5,1000,15,2,1] execvm "tpw_cars.sqf";

0 = [250,10,1,1,1,1,1,.05] execvm "tpw_fog.sqf";

The 3 .sqf scripts you mention do not require any .pbo files, I'm pretty sure. Remember TPW just said earlier in this thread that his scripts check for precedence of the .pbo addon version. If you have loaded the mod version, the scripts will not run. So you must disable the addon in order to use your custom .sqf settings. If you want to use

Be sure to edit the "xxx.sqf" part to include a path to your scripts, from the mission folder as root. i.e. if you organize all your scripts in ..\Documents\Arma 3\missions\MyMissionName.Stratis\scripts, then the inits will use "scripts\xxx.sqf"

TPW: If we want to use ambience, azan calls, sounds, or puddles in conjunction with e.g. the above scripts, then would we need to essentially split up the TPW mods folder into separate mod folders so that only those pbos for ambience, puddles, etc. are activated, not TPW_mods.pbo?

Hey TPW! First of all: thank you for your work.

More realistic (slower) movement and stance change speeds.

Can anyone tell me which pbo contains this feature?

Hey TPW! First of all: thank you for your work.

Can anyone tell me which pbo contains this feature?

tpw_animspeed.pbo, strangely enough :)

Smartarsery aside, please be aware that I've had to neuter some of the functionality of this addon because it started clashing with dev releases a few months back.

TPW Settings.jar doesn't open TPW_MODS.hpp from the latest build, It opens the one in its own folder tho, would it work if I use that one?

ed: nvm, editing manually was easy.

TPW Settings.jar doesn't open TPW_MODS.hpp from the latest build, It opens the one in its own folder tho, would it work if I use that one?

ed: nvm, editing manually was easy.

You'll need to wait for Gliptal to update TPW SETTINGS if you want to use it. tpw_settings.py is a less flashy but perfectly functional fallback.

Hello! To be honest im stuck on how to use this mod. I checked and there isnt any modules around anywhere? Im trying to activate the civs script using

0 = [5,150,15,5,4,50,0,10,15,1,40] execvm "tpw_civs.sqf"; i got the tpw_civs.sqf on my folder just to see if it might work, But it seemingly doesnt work...

If anyone could explain on how do i use this il be grateful!

Thanks!

Hello! To be honest im stuck on how to use this mod. I checked and there isnt any modules around anywhere? Im trying to activate the civs script using

0 = [5,150,15,5,4,50,0,10,15,1,40] execvm "tpw_civs.sqf"; i got the tpw_civs.sqf on my folder just to see if it might work, But it seemingly doesnt work...

If anyone could explain on how do i use this il be grateful!

Thanks!

The short answer to your predicament is, tpw_core.sqf is a requirement for tpw_civs.sqf. ;) 

I would recommend giving the OP the once over, it's chock full of ALL the information you will ever need for running TPW_MODS.

The short answer to your predicament is, tpw_core.sqf is a requirement for tpw_civs.sqf. ;)

I would recommend giving the OP the once over, it's chock full of ALL the information you will ever need for running TPW_MODS.

Ah! Thanks for informing me! Now i could finally make my damn mission not look like a ghost town :)

I cant believe i didnt saw tpw_Core lol

Well then, I Couldnt be able to get tpw_Civs running at all... I activated TPW_Core and also tpw_Civs but then a flock of errors appeared... It might be me running it as a script instead of a mod? Im seriously confused and stuck here...

Thanks!

Well then, I Couldnt be able to get tpw_Civs running at all... I activated TPW_Core and also tpw_Civs but then a flock of errors appeared... It might be me running it as a script instead of a mod? Im seriously confused and stuck here...

Thanks!

Let's take it back, one step at a time.....you are running CBA_A3?......which is a requirement for TPW_MODS. 

Let's take it back, one step at a time.....you are running CBA_A3?......which is a requirement for TPW_MODS. 

Yep i am running CBA_A3.

Thanks!

Sharing those "flock of errors" would help. 

Yep i am running CBA_A3.

Cool!.....maybe try running the mod rather than the script version, you can tailor your needs editing the HPP. file in the userconfig......those values you quoted in the script are the default values in the HPP file anyway.  :)

• Like 1

Sharing those "flock of errors" would help. 

Cool!.....maybe try running the mod rather than the script version, you can tailor your needs editing the HPP. file in the userconfig......those values you quoted in the script are the default values in the HPP file anyway.  :)

How do I actually use the mod version? I was planning to do that but somehow I can't find any modules.

The flock of errors is on the tpw_core.sqf. I don't have my computer on as I'm outside of my home.

Thanks for helping me :)!