tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Thanks foxhound, sonsalt6 and gliptal, legends all of you.

Hi,

I was really enjoying various elements of this mod while playing Pilgrimage.  However, I am currently unable to launch the game with TPW enabled, as it gives me a crash.

The details for this are as follows:

A box comes up, saying 'Config : some input after EndOfFile.'

Another box then appears, with the message: 'The encryption unknown software exception (0x0000dead) occurred in the application at location 0x76eec54f.'

Then a box comes up stating that ArmA 3 has exited in an unusual manner, with various options plus an exit code, which is as follows: 0x0000DEAD.

The only launch option parameter that I have been using is the -filePatching one, but the crash still occurs, even after I remove this.

So, does anyone have any idea why this is happening, or how I can fix it, while still using TPW Mods?

Hi Aseliot, it was all ginger peachy when I went to bed last night. Might be CBA related, have a look at the changelog for CBA 2.4.1 hotfix

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/168277-cba-community-base-addons-arma-3/?p=3037037

Specifically: 

• FIXED: Placing certain units in 3den-Editor would create a dependency for Extended Event Handlers (#365commy2

Mh, i tried both 2.4 and 2.3.1 but it still says "requires CBA_A3 Extended EventHandlers.";

@ robert the file TPW_MODS.hpp under ARMA 3/Userconfigs/TPW_MOD/ folder is corrupted or missing a letter or extra spaces.

Delete it.

Then copy TPW_MODS.hpp file from the @tpw_mod/userconfigs folder into the above file.

Edit it but do not add or delete any spaces or characters. You can change the 1 to 0 and vice versa to enable or disable any settings. Or don't mess with it to test it first.

Then save and it start your game again.

@ tpw

Love the new update on Tanoa Dev edition! I have a question regarding SKIRMISH. with your default settings, my system eventually lags down to 12 FPS due to AI battles. This is with AI Civilians set to turn off during battles.

I have an i7-4790k @ 4.4 GHZ Oc'ed all 4 cores. 

Any ideas? I do have ASR AI loaded also since it is much more tactical to play with.

Can you advise a better balance of AI?

Lastly, will you look at other user maps in the future? For example Napf does not have proper street lighting or sounds/radios. I look at the houses and those are different from BIS or CUP. Seems to be custom houses.

Would be nice if we can ADD structures to TPW settings to inherit civilians, radios, sounds, ambiance, house lights, and street lights if you don't have time to do it.

Currently playing on Tanoa with VSM Project Honor Forces vs Terrorist Black Ops! Feels like an interactive Resident Evil movie!

Thanks for all of your hard work. Really need to buy you and few others here a few rounds of Pizza and Beer!

hI tpw....little feedback on those glorious puddles.....

All environmental settings are relevant to how they appear.....they look f*****g great just after a light shower on a bright day...... 

906ACDA667178028EE43325496956F8617969841

whereas when it's overcast they appear a little too dark maybe...

08F711BAAF816398D1D96A2AE48BD377768772B8

Without knowing anything about textures, could the edge be smoothed/feathered around the puddle edge?

Either way it's a beautiful mod with a definite sweet spot.... :clap:   

Mh, i tried both 2.4 and 2.3.1 but it still says "requires CBA_A3 Extended EventHandlers.";

Hi aseliot. I have to admit that this is a mystery to me, since CBA and TPW MODS are working fine at my end. Have you tried running A3 with just CBA and TPW MODS? There's a slight chance that another mod is interfering. And make sure that CBA is higher up the load order than TPW MODS.

@ tpw

Love the new update on Tanoa Dev edition! I have a question regarding SKIRMISH. with your default settings, my system eventually lags down to 12 FPS due to AI battles. This is with AI Civilians set to turn off during battles.

I have an i7-4790k @ 4.4 GHZ Oc'ed all 4 cores. 

Any ideas? I do have ASR AI loaded also since it is much more tactical to play with.

Can you advise a better balance of AI?

Lastly, will you look at other user maps in the future? For example Napf does not have proper street lighting or sounds/radios. I look at the houses and those are different from BIS or CUP. Seems to be custom houses.

Would be nice if we can ADD structures to TPW settings to inherit civilians, radios, sounds, ambiance, house lights, and street lights if you don't have time to do it.

Currently playing on Tanoa with VSM Project Honor Forces vs Terrorist Black Ops! Feels like an interactive Resident Evil movie!

Thanks for all of your hard work. Really need to buy you and few others here a few rounds of Pizza and Beer!

HI Valken. Firstly thanks for helping out, and for the kind words.

TPW SKIRMISH can be a little heavy. The script itself is not, it's just that placing reasonable numbers of AI in close proximity with enemies is going to give the engine a workout. Personally, when I run SKIRMISH I use max 2 blufor squads, 1 blufor vehicle, 2 opfor squads and 1 opfor vehicle. 

Regarding other maps. I have included lots of maps in the climate and civilian region code, but more are always better. If you can send me the name of the map, what climatic region you think it should be, and most importantly, classnames of enterable buildings for all the ambience, then I will happily include it. I won't be downloading maps I'll never use to dig through them for classnames myself, sorry!  

hI tpw....little feedback on those glorious puddles.....

All environmental settings are relevant to how they appear.....they look f*****g great just after a light shower on a bright day...... 

whereas when it's overcast they appear a little too dark maybe...

Without knowing anything about textures, could the edge be smoothed/feathered around the puddle edge?

Either way it's a beautiful mod with a definite sweet spot.... :clap:   

Thanks for the feedback EO, this is exactly what I'm after. Unfortunately you've stumbled on the inconsistent reflection problem of A3's freshwater shaders, which is particularly marked in the rippling puddles, and which I explained further in the puddle readme. Part of the problem is that because the puddles are so small you can quickly view them from multiple angles, which you couldn't do with a large pond. So the reflection issues are more marked. 

I'm still trying to work out how to use the much better sea water shaders with their proper screen space reflections, but documentation on this is rarer than rocking horse shit. Puddles are by necessity 2D objects, the water shaders can't be applied to 3D objects without massive glitching (I tried), so I can't make a 3D puddle which is deeper in the middle and skinny at the edges to smooth/feather the puddle effect.

I was just reading your explanation about reflections changing, depending on the view angle, and an idea came to mind

Would it be possible to create a decal, or a variety of them, much like was used in Crysis?

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamereactor.dk%2Fmedia%2F48%2Fcrytekgorunik_744881.jpg&f=1

• Like 1

I could indeed do something like that, but it would probably just look like a round poster lying on the ground. What I really want is a just a non rippling translucent surface that allows proper screen space reflections. Not at all sure that it can be done though.

• Like 1

Regarding other maps. I have included lots of maps in the climate and civilian region code, but more are always better. If you can send me the name of the map, what climatic region you think it should be, and most importantly, classnames of enterable buildings for all the ambience, then I will happily include it. I won't be downloading maps I'll never use to dig through them for classnames myself, sorry! 

Hi TPW. I can do this for maps if you can advise how to dump the classnames into a list or at least list it so I can put together a document?

Is there any scope for adding boat patrols to the skirmish script? It would be a most welcome addition, especially now with the island archipelago of Tanoa to explore. 

TPW

EDIT: I changed the hud_scale and textscale back to default and it's fine now.

I am using TPW_MODS_20160609.zip

I noticed that the lower values in the HUD seem too low. The RNG and the other in the lower right corner are cut off. Here are my HUD settings.

// HUD
tpw_hud_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
//tpw_hud_range[] = {25,500}; // effective minimum and maximum range of goggles to scan for units
//tpw_hud_vehiclefactor = 1.5; // Detection range multiplication factor for vehicles (eg 1.5 = 750m max detection range for vehicles vs 500m for units)
tpw_hud_colour[] = {1,1,.45}; // HUD colour
tpw_hud_friendlycolour[] = {0,1,1}; // friendly colour
//tpw_hud_civcolour[] = {1,1,1}; // civ colour
tpw_hud_enemycolour[] = {1,0.5,0}; // enemy colour
tpw_hud_squadcolour[] = {0.5,1,0}; // squad and marker colour
tpw_hud_alpha = 0.6; // initial transparency of HUD. 0 = invisible, 1 = opaque
tpw_hud_asl[] = {1,0.6,0.456,1}; // ASL = height above sea level. [1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 0.6 = X position, 0.45 = Y position, 1 = text size]
tpw_hud_azt[] = {1,0.5,0.452,1}; // AZT = azimuth (direction of gaze).
tpw_hud_grd[] = {1,0.4,0.45,1}; // GRD = GPS grid coordinates.
tpw_hud_lmt[] = {1,0.4,0.5,1}; // LMT = local mean time.
tpw_hud_tmp[] = {1,0.6,0.51,1}; // TMP = temperature (from TPW FOG) .
tpw_hud_hlt[] = {1,0.4,0.55,1}; // HLT= health.
tpw_hud_rng[] = {1,0.5,0.56,1}; // RNG = range to centre of player's gaze.
tpw_hud_vel[] = {1,0.6,0.57,1}; // VEL = speed of player (or player's vehicle).
tpw_hud_prx[] = {1,0.5,0.505,1}; // PRX = display numbers of nearby units.
tpw_hud_unit[] = {1,1,0.25,0.75}; // UNITS/MARKERS displayed on HUD, where 1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 1 = icon max size, 0.25 = icon min size, 0.75 = text size ( 1 = same size as HUD text).
tpw_hud_offset[] = {0.34,0.26}; // HUD offset. [x,y] -0.5 to 0.5
tpw_hud_scale = 1.3; // HUD scale. > 1 = larger
tpw_hud_textscale = 1.3; // HUD text scale. > 1 = larger
tpw_hud_degradation = 0; // HUD performance reduced with distance. 0 = no degradation
tpw_hud_thirdperson = 1; // no HUD in 3rd person. 1 = HUD in 3rd person
tpw_hud_addtac = 1; // automatically add tactical glasses to the player's inventory if they are not already carrying/wearing them. 0 = don't add glasses
tpw_hud_audible = 1; // audible warning when enemies detected. 0 = no audible warning.
tpw_hud_icons[] = {7,23,30,29,7,23,30,29,22,20}; // HUD icon types, see key below

And here are some SS of my video settings and the ingame HUD. Thoughts?

HUD.jpg

Settings.jpg

TPW, is SOAP available as a script at all?

I'm thinking of putting a mission out there, but rather than adding TPW as a requirement, and hoping people follow my instructions to not run a lot of the other features (such as Skirmish and the ambient traffic...I have other mods taking care of those), I'd prefer if possible to just include the file directly into it.

Is anything like that available?

TPW, is SOAP available as a script at all?

I'm thinking of putting a mission out there, but rather than adding TPW as a requirement, and hoping people follow my instructions to not run a lot of the other features (such as Skirmish and the ambient traffic...I have other mods taking care of those), I'd prefer if possible to just include the file directly into it.

Is anything like that available?

The script is included with the mod.....check your @tpw folder under "scripts".........to run the SOAP script, you also need to run the CORE script.

• Like 1

The script is included with the mod.....check your @tpw folder under "scripts".........to run the SOAP script, you also need to run the CORE script.

Thanks for chipping in whilst I was asleep mate. HeroesandvillainsOS you'll also need the TPW_PUDDLE.pbo for the pond objects themselves.

EO I haven't really though about boat based skirmish combat because it didn't really fit the mod when I released it. But you are right the archipelagic nature of Tanoa lends itself to boat travel and hence to boat based baddies spawning in. I'll look into it.

• Like 1

Thanks for chipping in whilst I was asleep mate. HeroesandvillainsOS you'll also need the TPW_PUDDLE.pbo for the pond objects themselves.

TPW_PUDDLE.pbo? SOAP includes pond objects? Could you clarify after you wake up? :)

• Like 1

TPW_PUDDLE.pbo? SOAP includes pond objects? Could you clarify after you wake up? :)

OK, sleep is out of my eyes and caffeine in bloodstream. I meant TPW_AMBIENCE.pbo for the SOAP sounds. Sorry for the bum steer, a refund is in the mail :)

• Like 1

Hi TPW, been messing with TPW FALL by adding some old SLX mod animations for more variety. Obviously unfinished with some bad Jesus pose interpolations but what do you think?

Hi TPW, been messing with TPW FALL by adding some old SLX mod animations for more variety. Obviously unfinished with some bad Jesus pose interpolations but what do you think?

Nice work mate. I like the knocked on the arse animation, though as you say a bit of better interpolation would help. I know nothing about animations so I can't help you there.

I know nothing about animations so I can't help you there.

You might go down the street and knock on Bad Benson's door.

• Like 1

Hi TPW,

I posted this in the JSRS page but this was probably up your alley regarding a Tanoa sound pack:

"An "ambiance" sound pack would be awesome. I already use TPW_MOD for SP and the dogs,cats,goats and chickens really makes the world not so lonely.

Would love to see a proper regional sound pack. I bet TPW will work on that part.

Could really use some Baboons, Elephants, Tigers, Crocodiles, Macau, Parrots, etc sounds .I know its an Island, but the environment works for SE Asia such as the golden triangle - Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia or even Madagascar until the fine mappers use Tanoa assets and creates such maps.

Needs some authentic regional Fiji chatter and music too!"

You can also enable the same background sound for the Unsung Vietnam Mod and CPL Vietnam  and Nam maps since it the environments are close to the same.

For TPW to spawn those exotic animals, they would have to exist in vanilla or some mod. Maybe TPW cab check if such mod is loaded by player such as this one:

https://forums.bistudio.com/index.php?/topic/190671-Great-White-Shark#entry3022162

When it's released of course.

I will also like to see more fitting animal kingdom....Arma - Far Cry.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm wandering round towns in Tanoa and the airconditioning units are producing sounds. Is that SOAP or vanilla?

I'm wandering round towns in Tanoa and the airconditioning units are producing sounds. Is that SOAP or vanilla?

Vanilla. 100%.  ;)

Nice work mate. I like the knocked on the arse animation, though as you say a bit of better interpolation would help. I know nothing about animations so I can't help you there.

Ill keep messing to see if there are Arma 3 adjustment anima's to better blend but cant promise anything -might just need a whole new animation. The actual image solus (slx creator) took that 'sit-down' one is actual pretty authentic, he showed me the clip of the AL-Qaeda fighter struck in Iraq by a HMMV's .50 -it literally just sat him down like that!