tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

THe mod version will disable itself on a dedi, so don't bother!

If you remove this line from the script version:

if (isDedicated) exitWith {};

then it will run, but I've no idea how it would function. Personally I'm not sure what the benefit of running this on a dedi would be. If everyone runs it as a client then they'll all hear random ambience, just not the exact same ambience. 

But, since I know @#$% all about dedi stuff, you can safely ignore my advice!

THe mod version will disable itself on a dedi, so don't bother!

If you remove this line from the script version:

if (isDedicated) exitWith {};

then it will run, but I've no idea how it would function. Personally I'm not sure what the benefit of running this on a dedi would be. If everyone runs it as a client then they'll all hear random ambience, just not the exact same ambience. 

But, since I know @#$% all about dedi stuff, you can safely ignore my advice!

You know, I know nothing about a dedicated server either but that's not a half bad idea! I mean, if this is a clientside mod no different than how i personally use LSD Full Screen Nighvision and Shacktack UI (which are clientside only) when I'm on a dedi, then yeah I don't see how it wouldn't do just fine.

But since we're the blind leading the blind on the subject it may be best for me to ask AuTigerGrad again or for me to wait for additional user feedback. :)

It's just so damn amazing I want everyone to experience the glory of TPW Ambience and SOAP. It's quite an accomplishment TPW. You should be proud.

• Like 1

Would definately be interesting to get the sounds synced across the clients... mainly for stuff like the Azan and ambient stuff... the creaking etc likely isn't as important..

TPW MODS 20160604: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20160604.zip

Changes:

• [HUD 1.55] Added electrochromic goggle tinting - press ctrl + alt + a to cycle through progressive darkening.
  • [sOAP 1.06] Compatibility with non standard building behaviour on Kidal.
  • [HOUSELIGHTS 1.11]  Modified light attenuation to provide better illumination with the changed night lighting configs with A3 1.60.
  • [sKIRMISH 1.23] Optimisations - less FPS hit when spawning new combatants.
  • [FOG 1.36] Added Gunkizli, Song Bin Tanh, Al Rayak and Kidal to climate list.  
  • [CORE 1.19] Added Gunkizli,Song Bin Tanh, Al Rayak and Kidal to civilian list. Totally refactored civilian selection code. Map specific European, Greek, African and Asian civilians will be now chosen without need for external civ packs, with Greek civs chosen for Middle Eastern maps. Map specific civs will still be used from CAF Aggressors, Leight's Opfor and RDS civilians addons if present. Ethnically diverse civs will be spawned on unknown maps.

Back again with a slew of changes and a nice new feature. It probably hasn't escaped your attention that the 1.60 release has brought significant changes to the look of the game via its visual update. I've adjusted houselights to compensate for the apparent throttling of lightpoint attenuation at night, and my experiments with setaperture to compensate for the overexposed look on some maps have resulted in a new addition to the TPW HUD, namely electrochromic tinting. I've seen it in action on the toilet doors of an expensive pub in Melbourne which turned from transparent to dark when you shut them, now you too can experience the same effect with your 2035 goggles! Ctrl + Alt + A will progressively darken your view by increasing the elctrochromic tinting (setaperture under the bonnet). The effect is tied to the angle of the sun, and applies the effect more strongly the higher the sun is in the sky. And to save you the embarrassment of wearing your sunglasses at night, the effect won't work when the sun is below the horizon. The effect is particularly remarkable on desert maps where despite the CUP Terrains team's heroic efforts with the new lighting the environments tend to be very overexposed and washed out. With a few clicks of tinting the colour and detail of the textures returns and the sky colour deepens, giving a very nice impression of looking through polarised eyewear (which you'd doubtless be wearing in real life if you were there). 

Hazar Kot, electrochromic tinting off:

notint.jpg

Hazar Kot, electrochromic tinting on:

tint.jpg

Enjoy.

• Like 5

Cheers guys, as usual!

Hi, why there is no STEAM Workshop Version of TPW MODS available?

Second one looks almost photorealistic... all that digging into the lighting you did really paid off man!

• Like 1

I just discovered Al Rayak, and now you're supporting it.  This may solve some mission making issues.  Thanks!

Not sure why I can't get this to work anymore I downloaded both CBA and TPW new but it keeps saying that is requires CBA_A3 Extended EventHandlers.

This my load order.

-noSplash -world=empty high -maxMem=4096 -maxvram=3071 -cpuCount=8 -exthreads=7 -mod=@CBA_A3;@TPW_MODS;@3den Enhanced;@BaBe_midTex;@BC-Phoenix;@CUP_Terrains;@panthera_a3;@DragonFyreLite;@lingor3;@ASDG_JR;@Unlocked_Uniforms;@Bornholm;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;@HiddenIdentityPackV2;@CAF;@NIArsenal;@RYD_BT;@tort_DynamicWeather;@VSM

Hi Aseliot, it was all ginger peachy when I went to bed last night. Might be CBA related, have a look at the changelog for CBA 2.4.1 hotfix

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/168277-cba-community-base-addons-arma-3/?p=3037037

Specifically: 

• FIXED: Placing certain units in 3den-Editor would create a dependency for Extended Event Handlers (#365commy2

Hey guys.

Sorry for the problems you are having with the GUI. It was my first ever Java project, meaning there's a lot of harcoded things that require, as tpw stated, changes to the source code each time a variable is changed or added.

I second tpw's decision to remove the GUI from the package, and link it as a separate utility. Nevertheless, since I see some users still like and would gladly use the GUI, I'll try and keep it as up to date as possible: I will manually download tpw's .rar every time new variables are added, and recompile the GUI.

This means that:

- If you're having problems with the GUI, refer to me and not to tpw. Send me a PM in the forums, I might open a thread as well. or better yet, post here.

- The GUI updates might lag behind in time with respect to tpw's updates.

The only thing I'm asking is for someone (either tpw himself, or a volunteer) to PM me in the forums each time such an update is pushed. I can't follow closely the thread, whether PMs are also sento on my email.

With that said, remember you can use old .hpps modified by the GUI with newer TPW MODS versions by manually adding the new lines in.

EDIT: Created a separate thread: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191410-tpw-settings-graphical-user-interface-to-edit-tpw-mods-hpp/

• Like 1

Version 2.1.4 is out. I'll always post about a new version in this thread as well, provided tpw is ok with that.

With that said, please let me know (in this other thread) if you're still interested in the GUI or not. This is just to have an idea of the amount of people that are using it, to avoid spending a bunch of my time just for a couple persons (or nobody at all).

• Like 1

TPW MODS 20160609: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20160609.zip

Changes:

• [CARS 1.42] Spawned cars can no longer kill people (collision disabled).
  • [CORE 1.20, FOG 1.37] Added Tanoa to civilian, houses and climate list. Improved worldname matching (case independent).
  • [RAINFX 1.10] Refactoring and code optimisation - massive decrease in CPU usage.
  • [PUDDLE 1.00] Puddles (small pond objects) spawned around player during and after rain. 

Please update your tpw_mods.hpp

I thought I'd use the release of the incredible Tanoa map as an excuse to release a new feature that I've been dicking around with on and off for several years: ambient puddles. These are small pond objects that dynamically spawn on flat ground around the player during and after rain. Believe me when I say that this was difficult to implement.

I think they add to the immersion (groan), maybe you will too. Disable them if you don't! Full readme here.

puddle1.jpg

puddle2.jpg

• Like 9

Thanks very much for the update, the puddles look perfect. Error 500 on the link though...

Thanks very much for the update, the puddles look perfect. Error 500 on the link though...

Thanks khugan, link is working fine at this end. You might have tried to download it before dropbox had synced fully, so please try again.

Yes, I jumped the gun. Link is working fine. Thanks again!

Super awesome update......just need to dig out ma wellies now. 

Thanks for the update, TPW. I'm having a hard time playing without this now.

I was once blind but now I see. :) It's just remarkable how much this mod adds to the game.

Cheers guys! I'll a keep on moddin' then!

• Like 1