tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Another great release/update. thank you.

I can't find the TPW Settings.jar file in the rar download. I am comfortable configuring without it but why when the settings jar works so well :).

I was wondering if perhaps some day the Skirmish feature would be editable like the HUD glasses change you made sometime ago. It would be great to be able to add the faction of my favorite mods. Just my wish list for someday.

Another great release/update. thank you.

I can't find the TPW Settings.jar file in the rar download. I am comfortable configuring without it but why when the settings jar works so well :).

I was wondering if perhaps some day the Skirmish feature would be editable like the HUD glasses change you made sometime ago. It would be great to be able to add the faction of my favorite mods. Just my wish list for someday.

Thanks dr@gon

TPW SETTINGS.jar is indeed a fantastic piece of software. However, it is hard coded to the hpp. If I change the hpp by adding additional variables, then TPW SETTINGS.jar needs to be recoded by Gliptal. TPW MODS is changing very rapidly lately, meaning that TPW SETTINGS.jar is often lagging behind my releases, and I hate having to keep hassling Gliptal (who is very busy with his studies).  Attempting to use the old jar with a new hpp was leading to problems with hpp corruption, Arma3 crashes etc. So I took the painful decision to remove it from the download. I've replaced it with a simple python interface:  tpw_settings.py which allows much the same functionality, but is not tied to the structure of the hpp. If I update the hpp, tpw_settings.py will continue to work just fine and won't cause hpp corruption or crashes. As per the documentation, you can always download it from Gliptal's github, but you'll have to ensure you're using an up to date version.

And speaking of documentation, TPW SKIRMISH has always had the ability to use the factions of your choosing, check it out:  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/docs/skirmish.txt

TPW, thank you for your reply.

Yes SOAP had been added so there would have been added variables for TPW SETTINGS.jar, I understand.

My apologies on missing the documentation  for Skirmish. I looked in that folder earlier looking at the HUD information and, I don't know ....had a brain fart I guess. It didn't occur to me to look for the skirmish documentation. Sorry about that.

TPW, thank you for your reply.

Yes SOAP had been added so there would have been added variables for TPW SETTINGS.jar, I understand.

My apologies on missing the documentation  for Skirmish. I looked in that folder earlier looking at the HUD information and, I don't know ....had a brain fart I guess. It didn't occur to me to look for the skirmish documentation. Sorry about that.

No probs at all mate, just letting you know.

new dust storm effects,

What?       You didn't !!!!      I can't wait to finish my current mission and get the update.

My earlier suspicions were correct. The HUD is not giving the correct distance to AI. I'm using TPW_MODS_20160525.zip.

Here is my HUD setup in hpp

// HUD
tpw_hud_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_hud_range[] = {25,150}; // effective minimum and maximum range of goggles to scan for units
tpw_hud_vehiclefactor = 2.0; // Detection range multiplication factor for vehicles (eg 1.5 = 750m max detection range for vehicles vs 500m for units)
tpw_hud_colour[] = {1.00,1.00,0.45}; // HUD colour
tpw_hud_friendlycolour[] = {0,1,1}; // friendly colour
//tpw_hud_civcolour[] = {1,1,1}; // civ colour
tpw_hud_enemycolour[] = {1,0.5,0}; // enemy colour
tpw_hud_squadcolour[] = {0.5,1,0}; // squad and marker colour
tpw_hud_alpha = 0.6; // initial transparency of HUD. 0 = invisible, 1 = opaque
tpw_hud_asl[] = {1,0.6,0.456,1}; // ASL = height above sea level. [1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 0.6 = X position, 0.45 = Y position, 1 = text size]
tpw_hud_azt[] = {1,0.5,0.452,1}; // AZT = azimuth (direction of gaze).
tpw_hud_grd[] = {1,0.4,0.45,1}; // GRD = GPS grid coordinates.
tpw_hud_lmt[] = {1,0.4,0.5,1}; // LMT = local mean time.
tpw_hud_tmp[] = {1,0.6,0.51,1}; // TMP = temperature (from TPW FOG) .
tpw_hud_hlt[] = {1,0.4,0.55,1}; // HLT= health.
tpw_hud_rng[] = {1,0.5,0.56,1}; // RNG = range to centre of player's gaze.
tpw_hud_vel[] = {1,0.6,0.57,1}; // VEL = speed of player (or player's vehicle).
tpw_hud_prx[] = {1,0.5,0.505,1}; // PRX = display numbers of nearby units.
tpw_hud_unit[] = {1,1,0.25,0.75}; // UNITS/MARKERS displayed on HUD, where 1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 1 = icon max size, 0.25 = icon min size, 0.75 = text size ( 1 = same size as HUD text).
tpw_hud_offset[] = {0.34,0.26}; // HUD offset. [x,y] -0.5 to 0.5
tpw_hud_scale = 0.9; // HUD scale. > 1 = larger
tpw_hud_textscale = 1; // HUD text scale. > 1 = larger
tpw_hud_degradation = 1; // HUD performance reduced with distance. 0 = no degradation
tpw_hud_thirdperson = 1; // no HUD in 3rd person. 1 = HUD in 3rd person
tpw_hud_addtac = 1; // automatically add tactical glasses to the player's inventory if they are not already carrying/wearing them. 0 = don't add glasses
tpw_hud_audible = 1; // audible warning when enemies detected. 0 = no audible warning.
tpw_hud_icons[] = {7,23,30,29,7,23,30,29,22,20}; // HUD icon types, see key below

My tpw_hud_range[] = {25,150} 150 is max.

But I see AI out at 400+. The SS below shows about 398ish. All previous versions I had no issues with. Any suggestions?

Mx0U7o3.jpg

My earlier suspicions were correct. The HUD is not giving the correct distance to AI. I'm using TPW_MODS_20160525.zip.

My tpw_hud_range[] = {25,150} 150 is max.

But I see AI out at 400+. The SS below shows about 398ish. All previous versions I had no issues with. Any suggestions?

I think you've just discovered the feature whereby the range of the HUD detection is greatly increased when looking through optics. I added this a few months ago, but it is not configurable on/off.

Hmmm doesn't sound like a feature :)

Why do you say that? The idea is that the optics augment the detection abilities of the electronics in the goggles. When the optics are lowered the HUD no longer tracks the targets, just notes where you last saw them with the optics. If the feature pisses you off then let me know and I will make it configurable.

I think you've just discovered the feature whereby the range of the HUD detection is greatly increased when looking through optics. I added this a few months ago, but it is not configurable on/off.

Here's one not looking through optics. Same game, same day, same mods. BTW, the first pic was zoomed then PS, then cropped. The one below is an AI in the distance, not a vehicle.

TPW2.jpg

Stumped. :)

Great mod, adds a lot to the ambiance of the game.   I seem to be having a sound issue though when picking up someone else weapon, flying in choppers, or riding in some cars the vehicle or weapon firing  sound is missing. All other sounds are present just some sounds are missing.   I can't find any post of others having this issue so guess it's something I've done but no idea what.

Major-stiffy, no need to be stumped mate, it's a feature not a bug. 

Here's how it works:

1 - Under normal circumstances the HUD will track units out to say 250m or whatever you have specified. 

2 - If there are units at 400m the HUD won't pick them up.

3 - If you look through optics of some kind then they assist the HUD and those 400m distant units will be picked up and tracked for as long as you remain using the optics. In your first picture the units are clearly being viewed through a scope, and are being tracked by the optically assisted HUD, displaying as 398m etc.

4 - If you lower the optics the HUD is no longer assisted. The 400m units will remain displayed by the HUD, but instead of showing 400m and being tracked, they'll show at the last position they were seen optically assisted, and will display 400m Xs , where X is the amount of seconds since you lowered the optics. After 30 seconds, they'll disappear from display, until you use your optics again.

In the picture in your post above, the unit is marked 275m 21s , which would indicate that the HUD hasn't been able to track it for 21 seconds. 

If you have your HUD range set to 200m and see units at 500m without using any optics, then that is indeed a bug.

• Like 2

Great mod, adds a lot to the ambiance of the game.   I seem to be having a sound issue though when picking up someone else weapon, flying in choppers, or riding in some cars the vehicle or weapon firing  sound is missing. All other sounds are present just some sounds are missing.   I can't find any post of others having this issue so guess it's something I've done but no idea what.

TPW MODS makes absolutely no alterations to weapon or vehicles sounds or configs, so I'm not sure what your issue is. I'm not at my game box so can't try to replicate the issue for you. I will get back to you.

Thanks TPW for the detailed reply. You told me things I did not know. With this new knowledge I'll see how it goes on my Pilgrimage quest.

You posted as a FYI

Known issues---------------------------	- TPW RADIO uses playsound3d to give directional sound to the radio chatter when outside a vehicle. Once inside a vehicle it by necessity uses playmusic which is non-directional. Depending on the volume you have set your in game music, this may be very loud!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

First. Thanks for great Mod, and have given me much fun ;-)

Yes for me Radio Chatter is 'VERY' loud, louder than 'all' other sounds. I thought the Mod had a script line for volume control, but now I see to is controlled only

the main Arma Music Vol.

Is there any way of isolating the Radio chatter, to turn it down independently when script is called, or even by script call 'temporally' knocking-down Main music volume  ?

Oddly normally the Music Volume playing in-game music is quite modest/well-ballanced for me.

I has hoping to add-in some intersting audio samples I found, but have not learned yet how to build an add-on, that can be planted/positioned into editor / landcape.

Thanks again.

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm looking to isolate just two of the scripts in this package for a personal mission.

If I just wanted the random civilians and the cars driving, which files would I need to pull out?

I'm only asking because it's not clear to me if there are any inter-dependencies.

Thanks for any help.

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm looking to isolate just two of the scripts in this package for a personal mission.

If I just wanted the random civilians and the cars driving, which files would I need to pull out?

I'm only asking because it's not clear to me if there are any inter-dependencies.

Thanks for any help.

Edit the TPW_MODS.hpp located in the TPW_MODS folder inside the userconfig folder. Use Notepad++ free program makes it easy.

// CARS

tpw_car_active = 0; // 0 = inactive    <============change the 0 to a 1  like this tpw_car_active = 1

tpw_car_delay = 10; // delay before cars start spawning (sec)

tpw_car_waypoints = 15; // how many waypoints to give each car

tpw_car_num = 3; // max number of cars to spawn around player. 0 = ambient cars disabled

tpw_car_radius = 1000; // radius (m) around player to check for roads and spawn cars

tpw_car_nocombatspawn = 1; // cars will not be spawned during combat. 0 = cars continue to spawn during combat

//><

// CIVS

tpw_civ_active = 0; // 0 = inactive   <============change the 0 to a 1

tpw_civ_delay = 5; // delay (sec) until civ spawning starts

tpw_civ_radius = 150; // radius (m) around player to check for house and spawn civs

tpw_civ_waypoints = 15; // how many waypoints to assign each civ

tpw_civ_density = 5; // how many houses per civ. 0 = ambient civs disabled

tpw_civ_maxsquadcas = 4; // maximum number of civilian casualties that can be inflicted by squad

tpw_civ_maxallcas = 50; // maximum number of total civilian casualties

tpw_civ_casdisplay = 0; // what to do if casualty threshold exceeded (0 -nothing, 1 - popup message, 2 - end mission)

tpw_civ_maxciv = 20; // maximum number of civs to spawn regardless of tpw_civ_density

tpw_civ_interact = 15; // civilian interaction radius. Civs closer than this to other civs will stop and talk (0 - no interaction).

tpw_civ_nocombatspawn = 1; // civilians will not be spawned during combat. 0 = civilians continue to spawn during combat

//><

The rest of the features can be turned on and off this way in the same file.

• Like 1

Thanks for any help.

Hi greengriffon.

If you want to run things as scripts then you'll need tpw_civs.sqf, tpw_cars.sqf, and tpw_core.sqf. The instructions to launch each script are in their header. Let me know how you go.

You posted as a FYI

Known issues---------------------------	- TPW RADIO uses playsound3d to give directional sound to the radio chatter when outside a vehicle. Once inside a vehicle it by necessity uses playmusic which is non-directional. Depending on the volume you have set your in game music, this may be very loud!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

First. Thanks for great Mod, and have given me much fun ;-)

Yes for me Radio Chatter is 'VERY' loud, louder than 'all' other sounds. I thought the Mod had a script line for volume control, but now I see to is controlled only

the main Arma Music Vol.

Is there any way of isolating the Radio chatter, to turn it down independently when script is called, or even by script call 'temporally' knocking-down Main music volume  ?

Oddly normally the Music Volume playing in-game music is quite modest/well-ballanced for me.

I has hoping to add-in some intersting audio samples I found, but have not learned yet how to build an add-on, that can be planted/positioned into editor / landcape.

Thanks again.

I'll have a look at using playsound3d for in-vehicle chatter too, that should balance things up. When I first made TPW RADIO playsound3d didn't work inside vehicles, but it appears to now.

• Like 1

TPW, I've got to tell you, the ambience and SOAP functions are some the greatest and most impressive features I have ever experienced in ARMA. I'm working on a SP hostage rescue mission right now and this mod is absolutely glorious.

Long shot, but if I were to keep the features to a minimum; I'm thinking just allowing SOAP, and perhaps maybe the ambient animals sounds and floor creeks, would any of you know offhand if these would work on a dedicated server?

I have some ALiVE coop missions that currently use AuTigerGrad's Ambient Sound Pack and that works really well (they get activated by triggers I manually place). But the way you've balanced these sounds to account for distance is a thing to behold TPW, not to mention your own sounds. Has anyone tried SOAP and Ambience on a server? In theory I'd think if TPW just randomly added triggers based on buildings it could work just as well as AuTigerGrad's but I know this pack is not intended for this use.

I'd love to know if anyone's had any success with this and if so, which features seem to work.

Thanks for the very kind words mate. Why don't you drop autigergrad a PM? He's been in contact with me regarding getting SOAP running on dedi, and may be able to give you some input there.

Thanks for the very kind words mate. Why don't you drop autigergrad a PM? He's been in contact with me regarding getting SOAP running on dedi, and may be able to give you some input there.

Me reach out to that guy? You mean you want me to reach out to that #*#+%*

;)

Just playing. Yeah, I know him pretty well online and he's actually my group leader. :) He's a good dude. I actually did ask him awhile back but I think he was working on some other stuff. Couldn't hurt to try again.

In the meantime, if anyone knows or has any scripts or files I could use, that would be amazing.

I guess I could try it myself to see if I works organically just by trying my current hpp and enabling TPW as a mod but I just assumed it wouldn't work.