tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Bumping this so you will see that suddenly 0520 loads and works with dev branch. I don't know what changed from the first attempt, but it all seems fine now. The HUD was functional as far as I could tell.

Many thanks khugan, I appreciate you spending the bandwidth. Yeah I got it all going again as per my edit above, bloody steam. 

Alright, I am a big noob tbh..... So again I have a problem / question.... I have downloaded Java 8 and the JVM-thingy. The settings.hpp and jar, are in the same folder.... (Arma/3/.../userconfig) But where do I click to start the Gui?

Probably a very dumb question so thnx for answering :-)

Hi there, I am having a problem with the latest versions of TPW mods not working for my copy of Arma 3 (legit bought on steam). It does it regardless of what other mods I run with the mod. I have properly copied the TPW config files to userconfigs folder and turned off everything except anims which cannot be turned off and HUD, the part of the mod that I need to play arma 3 as I have a vision impairment. 

Here is a link to an imgur gallery showing my load order and the errors I get.

http://imgur.com/a/qvO1i

I hope someone can help me fix this. I really struggle to spot contacts in the game without this mod.

• Like 1

Since you said you turned everything off, it may be helpful if you put your hpp file on Dropbox and linked it back here so someone can look over your file.

Hi steelthunder13, sorry to hear that you're having issues. The hpp you linked to certainly looks fine, so I just need to be sure that it's in the correct location:

your_arma_directory\userconfig\tpw_mods\tpw_mods.hpp

NOT

your_arma_directory\@TPW_MODS\userconfig\tpw_mods\tpw_mods.hpp (this is just the hpp packaged with the mod, it doesn't function from this location)

• Like 1

Hi steelthunder13, sorry to hear that you're having issues. The hpp you linked to certainly looks fine, so I just need to be sure that it's in the correct location:

your_arma_directory\userconfig\tpw_mods\tpw_mods.hpp

NOT

your_arma_directory\@TPW_MODS\userconfig\tpw_mods\tpw_mods.hpp (this is just the hpp packaged with the mod, it doesn't function from this location)

Yes it is in the correct place. I included an RPT file in my previous post. I hope it helps.

Additionally I would like to add, I am on WIndows 10 64bit. I don't know if that influences or not, it was fine a week ago, and I haven't installed any windows updates since then. And as the dummy I am, I didn't save the last version of TPW that worked for me.

Yes it is in the correct place. I included an RPT file in my previous post. I hope it helps.

Additionally I would like to add, I am on WIndows 10 64bit. I don't know if that influences or not, it was fine a week ago, and I haven't installed any windows updates since then. And as the dummy I am, I didn't save the last version of TPW that worked for me.

I can always send you an earlier version.

I had a closer look at the hpp and it is indeed mangled at a few lines

tpw_radio_time = ERR;

tpw_soap_usermusic = ERR;
tpw_soap_usersounds = ERR;

Please copy and paste the contents of my hpp into your hpp and see if that helps. Have you by any chance failed to update the TPW SETTINGS.jar to the latest version included in the archive? 

I can always send you an earlier version.

I had a closer look at the hpp and it is indeed mangled at a few lines

tpw_radio_time = ERR;

tpw_soap_usermusic = ERR;
tpw_soap_usersounds = ERR;

Please copy and paste the contents of my hpp into your hpp and see if that helps. Have you by any chance failed to update the TPW SETTINGS.jar to the latest version included in the archive? 

I did a clean install from the latest version of TPW off of armaholic. I will try pasting the contents of your hpp into mine to see if it works."

EDIT: Nope. Still getting the same error. I'd appreciate if you can supply me with a copy that is a month old. If I get the same error with it then it's probably something with my computer. Maybe Windows patched something and ruined everything.

@steelthunder13:

I saw you were having the same issues as me (win 10 x64) and I've managed to circumvent this problem. I didn't want to leave you hanging so I signed up here to help a BI-brother out...

Here goes: Go and delete your current userconfig folder, and then extract the original copy of the folder from the zipfile it came in (or maybe download it anew). Add it to your Arma 3 folder and DO NOT use the TPW SETTINGS.jar, it kind of seems to corrupt the tpw_mods.hpp. I got it working this way, hope it helps you as well. You'll have to edit the tpw_mods.hpp if you want to change things, but hey, as you're an ARMA player, you can't be new to mods and their ways  :-)

@TPW:

Awesome mod, absolutely loving it. Having a minor issue though for which I probably only have myself to blame... I'm fairly certain it was mentioned in one of the earlier 169 (!) pages, but the civvies and the traffic don't seem to spawn very often... Parked cars, boats and planes are all fine and react well to changed parameters, but no matter what settings I try, the civvies and traffic are nearly non-existent. Am I missing that one golden setting in tpw_mods.hpp? :-)

• Like 1

HOLY SH*T! Thank you so much Dionator! This worked! I have no idea why Win 10 decided to no longer want to work. Maybe a windows update screws up the java? Anyway, thank you so much!

• Like 1

@steelthunder13:

I saw you were having the same issues as me (win 10 x64) and I've managed to circumvent this problem. I didn't want to leave you hanging so I signed up here to help a BI-brother out...

Here goes: Go and delete your current userconfig folder, and then extract the original copy of the folder from the zipfile it came in (or maybe download it anew). Add it to your Arma 3 folder and DO NOT use the TPW SETTINGS.jar, it kind of seems to corrupt the tpw_mods.hpp. I got it working this way, hope it helps you as well. You'll have to edit the tpw_mods.hpp if you want to change things, but hey, as you're an ARMA player, you can't be new to mods and their ways  :-)

@TPW:

Awesome mod, absolutely loving it. Having a minor issue though for which I probably only have myself to blame... I'm fairly certain it was mentioned in one of the earlier 169 (!) pages, but the civvies and the traffic don't seem to spawn very often... Parked cars, boats and planes are all fine and react well to changed parameters, but no matter what settings I try, the civvies and traffic are nearly non-existent. Am I missing that one golden setting in tpw_mods.hpp? :-)

I am also on Win 10 and have the exact same error as @steelthunder13. I just saw your fix here-going to try it now.Thanks mate :)

Holy macaroni it works! Oh thanks so much for this man-I really missed using this addon. So it seems to be a Win10 issue then... what a surprise..

Hi everyone. As much as I worship Gliptal's dedication and skill in producing TPW SETTINGS, it seems like 98% of the problems here are related to it.

1 - You MUST use the latest version of TPW SETTINGS that is packed with TPW MODS. Each new version of TPW SETTINGS is hard coded to the latest hpp, if you try to use a newer hpp with an older version of TPW SETTINGS then it will produce garbled output which may crash Arma.

2 - You MUST use the latest version of Java, as TPW SETTINGS is compiled with it. 

For future releases I'm considering not including TPW SETTINGS in the zip, instead providing a link to it for people to download it if they'd like to. 

Thanks Dionator. The default settings in the HPP should give you half a dozen or so civs bumbling around in most towns. The exception being if you use an obscure map with obscure building classes, in which case TPW CIVS can't decide which habitable buildings to spawn the civs into.

Hi everyone. As much as I worship Gliptal's dedication and skill in producing TPW SETTINGS, it seems like 98% of the problems here are related to it.

1 - You MUST use the latest version of TPW SETTINGS ..... [snip]

Hi TPW, Does this mean that we can't just update our old hpp file the old fashioned way?

Hi TPW, Does this mean that we can't just update our old hpp file the old fashioned way?

Basically with each new release of TPW MODS I encourage you to replace your existing hpp with the new one that comes packaged in the zip. This new hpp is the only one that I personally guarantee will work, since it is a copy of the one used to develop TPW MODS. If you then want to change it to your liking you can spend 5 minutes in a text editor changing the heavily annotated variables in the hpp, or use the TPW SETTINGS.jar that came with new zip. Don't use any existing TPW SETTINGS.jar that you might have already lying around in userconfig/tpw_mods/, as there's a damn good chance it will be an older version that will #$%^ your hpp.  

I can confirm that on Win7-64, using the latest TPW (20160520), it finally works again but only provided that you don't run the Settings JAR.

I can confirm that on Win7-64, using the latest TPW (20160520), it finally works again but only provided that you don't run the Settings JAR.

Same here. I manually edited the .hpp file to my needs and worked fine.

I'm currently working on a simple python program to allow tpw_mods.hpp editing.

• Like 3

Hey TPW. I love the HUD part of the mod, and I'm wondering if there's any way that I can make the HUD work with every piece of headgear and goggles in the game without having to find and list every single class name. Would using the base helmet/goggles class work for that? Or does the mod require me to list every single class name down?

TPW MODS 20160525: https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.11/python-2.7.11.msi or 64 bit: https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.11/python-2.7.11.amd64.msi (~15MB). You should then be able to double click on tpw_settings.py to run it. If double clicking doesn't work you'll need to right click on tpw_settings.py, select "open with", navigate to "c:\python27\python.exe" , and use this as the default program to open .py files. 

I encourage those who don't want to hand edit tpw_mods.hpp to use tpw_settings.py. TPW SETTINGS.jar is no longer included in the TPW MODS download. You may of course download it from https://github.com/Gliptal/TPW-Settings but I make no guarantees that it will function correctly.  

tpw_settings.py is not set up to edit the animation speed variables, you will need to edit these manually. 

In the interests of reducing the number of complaints about crashing etc, I have modified the install.bat in the zip file to overwrite the user's hpp with the guaranteed functional one. I also encourage you to replace your existing hpp with that from the zip if you manually install. 

Many thanks to Gliptal for his excellent work on TPW SETTINGS.jar, and my apologies to him for TPW MODS development moving faster than his ability to keep updating it!
  • Like 3

Hey TPW. I love the HUD part of the mod, and I'm wondering if there's any way that I can make the HUD work with every piece of headgear and goggles in the game without having to find and list every single class name. Would using the base helmet/goggles class work for that? Or does the mod require me to list every single class name down?

Hi laurentyler. Glad you're enjoying the HUD. Sorry to disappoint but the script is wired to detect the specific classnames of the goggles, not a generic base class. However tpw_hud_addtac = 1; does the next best thing which is automatically add the HUD enabled tactical glasses to the player.