tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

I had this pesky errors after a botched Dx9 install (deadpool game I guess) and I only fixed after re-installing DX9 completely (using DX devtools help too)

So sinny if you haven´t tried re-installing DX9...do try it =)

And it is not TPW fault... just saying

cheers!

Im pretty sure it´s caused by TPW in combo with some other mod, i will try to figure out wich one... 

Im pretty sure it´s caused by TPW in combo with some other mod, i will try to figure out wich one... 

Ohh BTW, if you run the latest cba and latest ACE3 (the new with fast rope) and try to reload a saved game, the game CTD´s with acess violation error... and even with only CBA and ACE3, again, not TPW fault =)

If you´re playing SP with new ACE3 and CBA, revert to previous versions... Commy is working on fixing this issue, just gotta be patiente =)

cheers!

Together with Little Immersion Tweaks, this scriptpack adds a lot of immersion to the game and I think it's wonderfull. So thanks!

I have a bit of an issue though regarding TPW Radio: whenever I get into a vehicle I get the message "sound radioXX not found"

Anyone know why this is?

First off, great mod! really love it i'm having an issue since the last update: the HUD doesnt show the amount of troops around me anymore and quite often the no mark at all (seems like a refresh is happening, since the HUD disappears and comes back on).

I didnt change any of the HID settings apart from the color used to mark friendlies and civ. 

Together with Little Immersion Tweaks, this scriptpack adds a lot of immersion to the game and I think it's wonderfull. So thanks!

I have a bit of an issue though regarding TPW Radio: whenever I get into a vehicle I get the message "sound radioXX not found"

Anyone know why this is?

First off, great mod! really love it i'm having an issue since the last update: the HUD doesnt show the amount of troops around me anymore and quite often the no mark at all (seems like a refresh is happening, since the HUD disappears and comes back on).

I didnt change any of the HID settings apart from the color used to mark friendlies and civ. 

Thanks for the reports guys, I will have a look into these over easter

I also have an issue, recently acquired - following the last update, TPW no longer works. It crashes me out of the game in my own LAN and, worse still, crashes the entire server my group operates on. I realise some aspects have never functioned on MP or dedicated servers, but some do and I enjoyed using them for the benefit of players I design missions for. Now, suddenly, TPW has become a liability. I hope there is a way this can be fixed - I hope it is a fixable TPW fault and not an Arma 3 update, which probably means it will never be addressed - because I really enjoy TPW.

I have experimented with losing functions one by one to try and spot a culprit, but to no avail - it seems the problem lies at the core. According to the logs, there is a sharp spike in memory usage which effectively overloads the server.

I also have an issue, recently acquired - following the last update, TPW no longer works. It crashes me out of the game in my own LAN and, worse still, crashes the entire server my group operates on. I realise some aspects have never functioned on MP or dedicated servers, but some do and I enjoyed using them for the benefit of players I design missions for. Now, suddenly, TPW has become a liability. I hope there is a way this can be fixed - I hope it is a fixable TPW fault and not an Arma 3 update, which probably means it will never be addressed - because I really enjoy TPW.

I have experimented with losing functions one by one to try and spot a culprit, but to no avail - it seems the problem lies at the core. According to the logs, there is a sharp spike in memory usage which effectively overloads the server.

Hi blow56

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear that TPW MODS is now causing issues on/with your server (regardless of my caveat emptor regarding MP use).

Secondly, going back over the code and my changelog, I'm struggling to see what changes could have caused the dramatic dive in performance you are getting. I have personally experienced some rather strange sound config related behaviours when using 3rd party maps with recent A3 releases, perhaps there is something similar going on? Have you tried running TPW MODS only with the vanilla maps?

Lastly, as I make pretty clear in the 1st post, I have no real idea how to test any server related issues because I have no experience with MP of any kind (nor much desire to gain it). I wish I could help you more, but can only put out a plea for anyone who might be able to help.

Thanks for replying tpw - I was aware of your warnings regarding MP, but it worked so smoothly and for such a long time (minus some minor though attractive features such as foggy breath etc) in MP that it was strange to see it suddenly crack. Especially on my own LAN. I ran a few tests and have narrowed matters down to CBA. Not sure why that should suddenly cause my LAN to freeze and give me the 'Arma 3 has stopped working' message (and an Arma code which is worthless). Analysing the log (I am no expert btw) sort of indicates CBA to be the problem. ON a dedicated MP server, it simply crashes the entire affair.

I am continuing to probe, ever hopeful.

It is CBA. I guess the server version we have is one iteration behind. Works perfectly fine with the latest version. So if anyone else has the problem,. now we know ...

It is CBA. I guess the server version we have is one iteration behind. Works perfectly fine with the latest version. So if anyone else has the problem,. now we know ...

Thanks very much for the heads up mate. I always try to stay up to date with CBA for these sorts of reasons!

Hello,

first i need to say, i love this mod. I use it since it's available, so thank you very much for you're work tpw. :)

But sadly i have a problem.

I wanted to play a little bit arma 3 again so i deinstalled all my mods and updated them. Now when i try to start arma 3 this happens:

QosSpa4.jpg

I tried it already with no other mods than tpw but everytime i start arma 3 i get this error message. :(.

I reinstalled it a few times but that worked not either.

Hope someone can help me and sorry for my bad english.

There a very old litle error. Probably nothing bad, but who knows.

>

13:11:56 File tpw_animspeed\config.cpp, line 132: '/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/AmovPknlMstpSlowWrflDnon_AmovPpneMstpSrasWrflDnon.speed': Missing ';' at the end of line

<

> speed=-1.25//-1; - missing ;

I love this mod since A2 and it makes ARMA 3's default world so much better. I was wondering if there was a CAT model in the game? I hear the sounds but don't see any cats around which is weird for me.

Just curious about this. 

Hello,

first i need to say, i love this mod. I use it since it's available, so thank you very much for you're work tpw. :)

But sadly i have a problem.

I wanted to play a little bit arma 3 again so i deinstalled all my mods and updated them. Now when i try to start arma 3 this happens:

QosSpa4.jpg

I tried it already with no other mods than tpw but everytime i start arma 3 i get this error message. :(.

I reinstalled it a few times but that worked not either.

Hope someone can help me and sorry for my bad english.

Sorry about the late reply. Looks to be a problem with your TPW_MODS.hpp file. I obviously don't see an error of this magnitude or I wouldn't release it. I'll look into it a bit further though.

There a very old litle error. Probably nothing bad, but who knows.

>

13:11:56 File tpw_animspeed\config.cpp, line 132: '/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/AmovPknlMstpSlowWrflDnon_AmovPpneMstpSrasWrflDnon.speed': Missing ';' at the end of line

<

> speed=-1.25//-1; - missing ;

Nice find shoker, I will look into this too.

I love this mod since A2 and it makes ARMA 3's default world so much better. I was wondering if there was a CAT model in the game? I hear the sounds but don't see any cats around which is weird for me.

Just curious about this. 

Nah sorry Valken, it's the noise only. 

No problem tpw ;).

Its really strange because i deleted it and reinstalled it. I downloaded it again but i always get the same error on start up.

TPW MODS 20160512: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20160512.zip

Changes:

• [FOG 1.33, CORE 1.13] Diyala added to climate and civilian lists respectively.
  • [ANIMS] Config adjustments to prevent interference with limping.  
  • [RADIO 1.20] Added Azan (call to prayer) to nearby Mosques at appropriate times of day. Code optimisations.
  • [bLEEDOUT 1.21] Units will begin to limp as damage increases from bleeding out.

Some interesting recent developments with A3 lately have spurred me to get off my lazy arse and update TPW MODS.

Firstly, CypeRevenge released the incredible Diyala Iraq map. Having such an immersive map led to think about how to increase the ambience even further, so I have extended TPW RADIO to include the Azan (call to prayer) when the player is within range of a Mosque at Fajr (predawn), Sunrise, Dhuhr (midday), Asr (afternoon), Maghrib (late afternoon), and Isha (sunset). These times will vary according to map and time of year. I sourced numerous Azan recordings from the web, and processed them to give them a distorted Tannoy feel. To test it out, stand near a Mosque at 11:48am or 14:02pm. If Azan is not to your taste for whatever reason, it can be disabled by removing TPW_AZAN.pbo from your TPW MODS installation.

Secondly, limping was recently released to dev branch and gives a significant boost to realism by forcing leg injured units into a slower limp animation. Accordingly, I have updated the tpw_animspeed.pbo, which was interfering with the lowered rifle limp. This means that adjustments to walk and tac jog speeds are no longer available, but given that the ridiculous animations for these were finally slowed down by default, you won't notice much if any difference. I've extended TPW BLEEDOUT so that units (including the player) sufficiently incapacitated by blood loss will have the limp animation applied to slow them down. Self or external healing will restore full mobility. Obviously if not using a later dev branch these changes won't affect you.

Lastly, sorry, but the size of TPW MODS has increased from 10MB to 22MB!

• Like 5

Lastly, sorry, but the size of TPW MODS has increased from 10MB to 22MB!

That's outrageous! How dare you! How am i supposed to upload this to my lazy ass squad!  :P  ;)

• Like 1

That's outrageous! How dare you! How am i supposed to upload this to my lazy ass squad!  :P  ;)

One electron at a time :)

TPW is the best mod there is, so many thnx for making it. Would it be possibility that TPW randomizes enemies on the map?

Getting an error and Arma 3 crash when trying to run TPW. Error message pops up as: "Config: some input after EndOfFile". When I look at the Arma 3 Troubleshooting Report the last entries are:

• File userconfig\TPW_MODS.hpp, line 107: '/TPW_ANIMSPEED_Key_Setting.tpw_hud_asl_txt': Missing ';' prior '}'
  • File userconfig\TPW_MODS.hpp line 108: '.tpw_hud_azt_txt': Missing ';' prior '}'

I might add that I downloaded it from armaholic and ran the installer, no problems there, and all the files (addons, userconf) seems to be in the right places.

sinny, on 10 Mar 2016 - 14:43, said:snapback.png

Unfortunately this mod gives me the error below.

Have tried to run it with default settings down to only the RainFX.

Running latest dev build

Great mod tho!

0xC0000005 - ACCESS_VIOLATION

This error is very generic. It may be caused by many issues, such as a hardware malfunction, a virus in the computer, but also an error in the game itself. Possible solutions:

• Try joining another server, then rejoin the previous one.
  • Update the graphics card drivers to a newer version.
  • Rollback the graphics card drivers to an older version.
  • Check the temperature of your GPUs and CPUs.
  • Verify the integrity of the game cache using Steam.
  • Re-install DirectX.
  • Uninstall the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable package (x86 version), restart your computer and install the package again (do not use the Repair function).
  • Run a Windows System File Check tool to repair corrupted system files.

Thanks for the detailed report and sorry about your error, which I have never seen before and have no idea about! It might be a first in the history of humanity.

I am also getting this error. I am also in Dev Branch. The error started to show up for me after the Eden update. In addition to the memory error, the walking animation is getting "stuck" when the AI is on uneven ground (which means all the time). In a crouch position it is okay but standing or running the AI tends to stutter or freeze. The problem goes away when I remove the TPW Mod.

I have been using your mod since you first released it, I find it difficult to play without it but unfortunately I am getting these errors. I have tried using just the basic Arma, CBA and TPW alone, I don't get the memory error when I do that but I still get the weird walking animation problem.

Thanks for continuing to support this fantastic mod!