tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

TPW

I just noticed that in TPW air, when the aircraft despawn, the crew do not and simply fall to their deaths. This explains why I keep finding dead pilots when they aren't in the mission.

TPW

I just noticed that in TPW air, when the aircraft despawn, the crew do not and simply fall to their deaths. This explains why I keep finding dead pilots when they aren't in the mission.

Thanks alky_lee, I have updated TPW_AIR accordingly.

I have been a bit quiet lately, sorry about that. I did actually spend quite a lot of time trying to optimise TPW MODS further since it seems that with later A3 builds TPW MODS (and SKIRMISH in particular) were causing bad performance hits. After a lot of swearing I actually tracked the problem down to bCombat, which I have used faithfully for a few years. Unfortunately something about the more recent builds means that bCombat/A3/TPW MODS no longer play nicely it seems, so if you are experiencing performance issues I suggest disabling bCombat or TPW MODS. I'm pretty unhappy about this as I consider bCombat the essential AI modification and fabrizio_T a programming a genius. 

• Like 1

Hey TPW, I´ve noticed some SP scripts are disabling HUD markers (the data on screen corners work, but there´s no marking over units), I haven´t dug deep, but they´re probably AI spawning scripts such as EOS or others to create large battles and maybe combinated with CUP maps, cus 3 missions I´ve noticed it and all where on CUP maps... other missions on CUP and small scale combats are fine =P

Don´t forget to add Diamon Back masks to HUD compactible devices ;)

cheers!

Thanks for the heads up corporal_lib[br], I will have a look into it. There's no reason why AI spawned by other scripts and mods should not be picked up, since the code scans using nearentities.

_nearunits = (getpos player) nearentities [["camanbase"],tpw_hud_maxrange ]; // infantry, civs
_nearveh = (getpos player) nearentities [["landvehicle","air"],tpw_hud_vehiclerange]; // air and land vehicles, static weapons

I have tried TPW HUD on various CUP terrains and it works fine, so I'd guess the AI spawn scripts are interfering in some way. 

I'm just trying to get back into A3 after a few months doing other stuff, catching up on various new mods etc, and will definitely try to incorporate ZeeAlex's excellent work.

• Like 1

Great to see you back in action TPW (thou TPW mods is perfect as itis, BIS always manage to break something on the core while improving A3, unfortunately), one of the missions I´ve experienced the HUD "jamming" was this one http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=612103788(I´ll try to pinpoint the other 3, I just don´t recall right now), see if you can experience it yorself, if not, maybe it is a rare mod interference combined with high CPU usage =P  (or maybe a high CPU usage could turn HUD off????)

cheers!

Hey awesome mod. I played it over a year ago and now I started playing again but everything works except my favorite aspect skirmish. Already enabled it in the .hpp file. Any ideas?

Hey TPW.

Loving this addon, especially the HUD. The HUD is my favourite part as it lets me be on even ground with AI concerning spotting, I was always bad at it, but HUD helps out a lot. I modded it so I dont get range to target and changed colors so civilians and enemies have same color. Would be nice if I could change the number of contacts display (numbers in lower right corner) so civilians and enemies are a single summed number. This way you could have unknown contacts. Just as an option to keep hud usable, but not OP.

Now my real request: would it be possible to add HUD range multiplier that activates when looking through binoculars, range finders and laser designator (not scopes)? This way it would be possible to make binoculars more useful for spotting enemies. It could work like vehicle range factor.

BTW: Small thing about your configuration program: if you use the HUD color options on a system in with comma (,) is the decimal point you can get stuff like (0,5,1,0) instead of (0.5,1,0). Kinda breaks the colors in the game if you dont correct the decimal by hand. Just a heads up.

So, it seems like everyone time in 3D editor, I'm trying to test out the mod, and so it loads stuff in and about a minute into it loading all it needs, it just crashes to desktop with the error occurred message. I've tried it on other maps and I get the same result. Any help on this or anyone else same issue?

Hey TPW.

Loving this addon, especially the HUD. The HUD is my favourite part as it lets me be on even ground with AI concerning spotting, I was always bad at it, but HUD helps out a lot. I modded it so I dont get range to target and changed colors so civilians and enemies have same color. Would be nice if I could change the number of contacts display (numbers in lower right corner) so civilians and enemies are a single summed number. This way you could have unknown contacts. Just as an option to keep hud usable, but not OP.

Now my real request: would it be possible to add HUD range multiplier that activates when looking through binoculars, range finders and laser designator (not scopes)? This way it would be possible to make binoculars more useful for spotting enemies. It could work like vehicle range factor.

BTW: Small thing about your configuration program: if you use the HUD color options on a system in with comma (,) is the decimal point you can get stuff like (0,5,1,0) instead of (0.5,1,0). Kinda breaks the colors in the game if you dont correct the decimal by hand. Just a heads up.

Thanks for the heads up and ideas. I like the range multiplier idea, I will have a look at it. 

So, it seems like everyone time in 3D editor, I'm trying to test out the mod, and so it loads stuff in and about a minute into it loading all it needs, it just crashes to desktop with the error occurred message. I've tried it on other maps and I get the same result. Any help on this or anyone else same issue?

I have no problem launching 2D or 3D editor TPW MODS based missions from dev build. Which build are you using?

TPW MODS 20160222: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20160222.zip

Changes:

• [AIR 1.29] Delete pilots when despawning aircraft (thanks alky_lee!).
  • [HUD 1.52] HUD detection range increased when looking through optics (but only in the direction of the optics). Units detected through optics will display on the HUD at their last known position for 30 seconds if the optics are lowered.
  • [sKIRMISH 1.20] Orange artillery smoke to replace broken 120mm smoke shells. 

Hi guys. Another long time between drinks, but I'm back with a few improvements, particularly to HUD. As per taro8's request when looking through optics the HUD will identify units out to 3x the unaided visual range. A non trivial addition which I hope you will find useful.

I'm always open to more HUD (and other mod) suggestions, but for those who'd like their favourite goggles or headgear included in the HUD: please send me the classname and whether they are goggles or headgear. I'm not downloading mods I'll never use to dig out classnames just for you!

On a final note, it's great to see some of the improvements to the sound and general performance of A3 over the last few weeks. I'm rediscovering all over again why I love the game and admire its developers so much.

• Like 4

Awesome work TPW! Quick question, is there a way to disable TPW Bleedout for on defined units? I'm trying to make a mission using both AIS Injury and TPW Bleedout (using the tpw_bleedout.sqf and tpw_core.sqf in the mission root). I've been digging around for ages and can't find any way to do it! 

Also, an observation, but the only thing I noticed that didn't work on dedicated servers in bleedout is the agony animation (the units play the animation, but move around as normal which looks spooky!). I found that by disabling agony, most other things seemed to work fine on dedi. 

Cheers for the mods! 

Changes:

• [AIR 1.29] Delete pilots when despawning aircraft (thanks alky_lee!).

Thank you so much to this community :)

Thanks for this tpw. Even though it took me a while to start using it, this has become a must have mod for me. The simple act of just coming across a flock of sheep on a hill side,or hiding off the road at night upon seeing a cars headlights come toward you waiting to see if they are hostile is fantastic! I use it without the boats,aircraft,HUD and skirmish, just to add a bit of life to the world. Thank you again for the continued support :D

Awesome work TPW! Quick question, is there a way to disable TPW Bleedout for on defined units? I'm trying to make a mission using both AIS Injury and TPW Bleedout (using the tpw_bleedout.sqf and tpw_core.sqf in the mission root). I've been digging around for ages and can't find any way to do it! 

Also, an observation, but the only thing I noticed that didn't work on dedicated servers in bleedout is the agony animation (the units play the animation, but move around as normal which looks spooky!). I found that by disabling agony, most other things seemed to work fine on dedi. 

Cheers for the mods! 

Hi Incontinentia (or should I call you Ms Buttox?). Currently TPW MODS applies itself to foreach allunits. I guess I could make it ignore any units if you'd put this setvariable ["tpw_bleedout_ignore",1] in their initI will investigate.

Thank you so much to this community :)

Indeed, it's the only reason I've kept playing Arma for the last 7 years.

Thanks for this tpw. Even though it took me a while to start using it, this has become a must have mod for me. The simple act of just coming across a flock of sheep on a hill side,or hiding off the road at night upon seeing a cars headlights come toward you waiting to see if they are hostile is fantastic! I use it without the boats,aircraft,HUD and skirmish, just to add a bit of life to the world. Thank you again for the continued support :D

Thanks for the kind words mate. The whole point of modular TPW MODS is to allow people to tailor it to suit their requirements, and I'm very pleased that you can make it suit yours!

• Like 4

When i download it and I try to install it, i can't find the install.bat file... And when I manually tro to download it, i get a error saying that the TPW_MOD.hpp is missing but when I look it up, it is already in the file.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi Incontinentia (or should I call you Ms Buttox?). Currently TPW MODS applies itself to foreach allunits. I guess I could make it ignore any units if you'd put this setvariable ["tpw_bleedout_ignore",1] in their initI will investigate.

No need now TPW (unless you want to of course!). I figured out that if I disable the animations (crouch, prone, agony etc.) it actually works really well with AIS injury, even on a dedicated server running ALiVE missions. I can post the revised tpw_bleedout.sqf here if you think people will find it useful? It's the animations that seem to mess with dedicated servers! 

• Like 1

No need now TPW (unless you want to of course!). I figured out that if I disable the animations (crouch, prone, agony etc.) it actually works really well with AIS injury, even on a dedicated server running ALiVE missions. I can post the revised tpw_bleedout.sqf here if you think people will find it useful? It's the animations that seem to mess with dedicated servers!

I'd personally be interested in whatever you had to adjust to get TPW working nicely with Dedi/ALiVE. It's actually the only reason I don't use TPW ATM.

If you do share your setup, the more detail the better. I generally need my hand held pretty tightly when customizing mods. :(

When i download it and I try to install it, i can't find the install.bat file... And when I manually tro to download it, i get a error saying that the TPW_MOD.hpp is missing but when I look it up, it is already in the file.

What am I doing wrong?

=fixed.

I am now trying to test with the civilians in config file!

could anyone help me with figuring out the right parameters for init.sqf in order to create an lively city?

could anyone help me with figuring out the right parameters for init.sqf in order to create an lively city?

I use TPW like this

In my mission folder i have

tpw (folder)

mission.sqm

init.sqf

In the TPW folder i have

tpw_air.sqf

tpw_boats.sqf

tpw_cars.sqf

tpw_civs.sqf

tpw_core.sqf

tpw_park.sqf

In the init.sqf

0 = [] execvm "tpw\tpw_core.sqf";

0 = [10,300,2,[50,250,500],0] execvm "tpw\tpw_air.sqf";

0 = [5,1000,15,2] execvm "tpw\tpw_boats.sqf";

0 = [5,1000,15,2,0] execvm "tpw\tpw_cars.sqf";

0 = [5,150,15,5,4,50,0,10,15,0] execvm "tpw\tpw_civs.sqf";

0 = [25,300,150,20,10] execvm "tpw\tpw_park.sqf";

When you lunch your mission (without addon, just scripts) the map make alive :)

• Like 1

Thanks gonrak, you saved me the typing!

TPW MODS 20160224: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20160224.zip

Changes:

• [bLEEDOUT 1.20] Units can be excluded from TPW BLEEDOUT by adding to their init: this setvariable ["tpw_bleedout_ignore",1].
  • [HUD 1.53] Fixed issue with optics identified units being counted multiple times.
  • Like 2

I'm always open to more HUD (and other mod) suggestions, but for those who'd like their favourite goggles or headgear included in the HUD: please send me the classname and whether they are goggles or headgear. I'm not downloading mods I'll never use to dig out classnames just for you!

So, TPW, here you gooooo ;D

Googles: mgsr_eyepatch_goggles ; Mask_M50 ; AJ_Mask_Teamlead ; AJ_Mask_Tan_teamlead; AJ_Mask_Moustache ; AJ_Mask_black_Standard

Headgear: mgsr_eyepatch ; IP_H_HelmetSpecO_SnowTiger ; IP_H_HelmetSpecO_SnowHex

NVG: AJ_Mask_Moustache ; AJ_Mask_Tan_teamlead ; AJ_Mask_Tan ; AJ_Mask_black_Standard

Ohhh shoot... you´ve just updated... If I was 1 hour faster lol

cheers! =)