tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Btw TPW, did you ever thought to add heartbeat sound to your heartbeat visual system ?

The now deprecated Improved Fatigue System mod has such a feature and it's perfectly complementary with your addon I think (I now miss this sound since stamina appearance).

Hi everyone. Sorry about the long absence from my own thread! Have had other things vying for my time lately. That said I have been looking at a bit of TPW MODS code. I've made some changes to TPW HUD's key bindings, which seem to have broken somewhere along the line. I also spent quite a bit of time working on getting small puddle objects happening for a long standing goal of mine to have ambient water after rain, but have run into a few seemingly insurmountable engine problems.

I will have a look at some of the issues raised here in the last weeks, thanks to you all for continuing to report them and support the mod!

• Like 8

TPW MODS 20151230: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20151230.zip

Changes: 

• [HUD 1.51] Changed key bindings for HUD actions: CTRL-ALT-N = full colour night vision; CTRL-ALT-B = night vision gain; CTRL-ALT-T = tracers off/projectiles/projectiles+grenades; CTRL-ALT-H = HUD brightness

Finally got off my lazy arse and released a small update. It's always interesting coming back to the game after a prolonged time off and seeing what has improved, what has regressed, and what has annoyingly stayed the same (eg poor performance).

• Like 3

I've been using tpw mods for a long time in my (admittedly few) SP games and I just want to stop by and say thank you for continuously maintaining this addon.

By the way, the link to the latest version in #3129 seems to be broken, the dropbox link on the first page of this thread works fine.

Full colour nightvision? Very nice! any plans for thermal NV as well? And does anyone know a mod that adds a headlamp? i was surprised nobody had tried putting the flashlight beam on an NVG model or something :) thanks again for this.

Is there a way to remove the range portion of the unit and vehicle markers with the HUD and keep just the marker showing location. The glasses already show the range of what I am looking at so they seem kind of redundant. The numbers also tend to block LoS to other units that may be in the same vicinity. Trying to keep it as unobtrusive as possible. Example, I am using markers 3 and 7 for infantry.

Is there a way to remove the range portion of the unit and vehicle markers with the HUD and keep just the marker showing location. The glasses already show the range of what I am looking at so they seem kind of redundant. The numbers also tend to block LoS to other units that may be in the same vicinity. Trying to keep it as unobtrusive as possible. Example, I am using markers 3 and 7 for infantry.

@ Stormforge

I asked this a little while ago so I hope you don't mind if I ride along on your post.

...from post #3123

As I get better at playing I am slowly removing the visual aids that I used to depend on to keep the enemy at bay. For example I used to use the information from TPW hud (lower right corner of the display) to allert me of any danger. There is also the text display that is visible over the enemy/freindlies/vehicles and so on. I have since removed all of the text at the lower right corner and reduced the enemy range distance to 250m. Here's my question/request.

I want to be able to remove the Orange text over the enemy altogether and replace the text/icon to a small exclamation point positioned about 5 feet above the heads of the enemy. Since I already know the enemy is 250m or less, I am scrambling to find cover but I just want to keep tabs by following that small marker I'm looking to add.

Can anyone show me how that could be done?

When I play a coop mission with my buddy, we use ambient civilians and didn't like the clutter of information showing over them. I eliminated that by placing   //   in front of the entry. I also elimintated the information that you see on the lower roght hand of the screen like so,...changing the  1 to a  0 .

edit: I should clarify where this file is located.

Arma 3 default installation path would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\UserConfig\TPW_MODS ... and the file name will be, TPW_Mods/hpp

TPW.Mod.Mod_zpsywjanj0a.jpg

You'll have to set the file to "read only" so that when you create profile (if you use Gliptals UI) it won't revert back

Thanks for looking TPW

• Like 1

I downloaded the latest update and tried editing the file as below. It worked well at removing clutter from the screen, but I managed to bugger it up. I ended up with RPT Spam from an error in TPW Hud. Nearly 1M lines in the file reduced performance to 1 FPS. Still at least it was easy to rectify in mission by taking the tactical glasses off, but I will have to spot my own enemies now.

When I play a coop mission with my buddy, we use ambient civilians and didn't like the clutter of information showing over them. I eliminated that by placing   //   in front of the entry. I also elimintated the information that you see on the lower roght hand of the screen like so,...changing the  1 to a  0 .

edit: I should clarify where this file is located.

Arma 3 default installation path would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\UserConfig\TPW_MODS ... and the file name will be, TPW_Mods/hpp

TPW.Mod.Mod_zpsywjanj0a.jpg

You'll have to set the file to "read only" so that when you create profile (if you use Gliptals UI) it won't revert back

Thanks for looking TPW

Dude you mod is amazing!I dont know how I have gone so long without using it-running across herds of goats and civilian cars-and I never even knew there were chickens in Arma3 :D 

One thing though-is there a way to reduce the frequency of the "cat" sound in towns? (I hate that sound lol)

is there a way to reduce the frequency of the "cat" sound in towns? (I hate that sound lol)

If you open the @TPW/addons folder you will a collection of pbo's and .bisign files. Using the PBO manager (which is really just another .zip utility), extract the sounds.pbo. In there you will see the cat sounds. you can take out or rename the cat sound files to say .xxx to completely remove them. I'm not sure how to edit those files to reduce the frequency. That's probably done in a config file somewhere.

Would it be possible for us to define, in the config, what animals show up when enabling the ambient animals?

If you open the @TPW/addons folder you will a collection of pbo's and .bisign files. Using the PBO manager (which is really just another .zip utility), extract the sounds.pbo. In there you will see the cat sounds. you can take out or rename the cat sound files to say .xxx to completely remove them. I'm not sure how to edit those files to reduce the frequency. That's probably done in a config file somewhere.

Great!Thanks so much.I have no problem removing them completely-I hate cat sounds :) But I like and own cats....strange....

looking at the sound files-does this add  wind sounds when in a parachute? I have always wanted that feature-I have to go check :)

looking at the sound files-does this add  wind sounds when in a parachute? I have always wanted that feature-I have to go check :)

No-doesn't seem to. What do I need to disable to stop ai falling when I shoot them? I disabled  tpw fall but it still happens.And I turned off the ragdoll thing.

I noticed when playing with IFA3 (and Gunter's WarMod, which includes some TPW mod effects) that the breath fog in cold weather continues even after the soldier has died. So in effect, a battlefield littered with corpses looks like they're all becoming zombies or in comas or something.

• Like 1

PleasePleasePlease, TPW, add this to the HUD compactible glasses:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/170082-zee-identity-pack/page-24#entry2965908

It BEGS for a HUD interface on this hightech headgear =)

cheers!

They are pretty cool aren't they? I dont really use them-but they do look awesome :) 

TPW, I noticed this addon contains sound files for parachutes-but i dont seem to have any different sound than vanilla in this area. What is it supposed to do? I have always wished the 'chutes made more sound-wind gusts,material billowing and flapping in the wind etc. Thanks 

I have come across a slight problem when using TPW HUD on Lingor. It doesn't happen with other terrains. It is fine when in mission, but the problem arises when the mission is saved and I attempt to resume the mission the next day. When the scenario is loading I get an exception error about an instruction referencing 0x00000000. The instruction could not be written. The RPT log points at TPW MODS, but I think it is more likely to be something with the map or something missing from the config that TPW uses.

I have left a note on the Lingor Forum but hoped that you might have an idea what is missing/wrong with the Lingor map.

Can't seem to turn off animations from within the TPW settings GUI

Also I'd like to only have the heartbeat screen-effect when wounded or at least not as closely tied to fatigue. It looks cool but gets really distracting after a while

I was wondering if EBS was still relevant as an AI suppressing system, now that Bohemia has apparently introduced one a ways back.

I haven't followed the game since the Marksman content launch, so I am absolutely out of the loop to mods, updates, and what Bohemia has done under the hood.

@gza036: I don't think it's possible to disable the animations. I just removed the pbo from the TPW_MODS folder.

@foffy: I never used EBS; I used suppression included in the bCombat AI mod, but I turned that off once BI introduced engine-level suppression. BI's implementation works pretty well, so I don't think EBS is necessary.

@gza036: I don't think it's possible to disable the animations. I just removed the pbo from the TPW_MODS folder.

@foffy: I never used EBS; I used suppression included in the bCombat AI mod, but I turned that off once BI introduced engine-level suppression. BI's implementation works pretty well, so I don't think EBS is necessary.

A quick search answered my question: the OP's comments linked to EBS mention how it's simply obsolete to Bohemia's in-engine efforts.