tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Yes, i can confirm TPW AIR does pick up aircraft from the IronFront mod.....on the downside, vanilla Arma 3 aircraft are also active, which kinda breaks the immersion factor when trying to create a WW2 scenario.......(try picturing a flyby of a Stuka Bomber or a Focke Wulfe closely followed by a A-164 Wipeout) :P.......is there anyway to exclude vanilla A3 aircraft from the script or addon versions. 

Cheers.

The variable tpw_air_aircraft by default contains a list of aircraft scanned out of the config. If you change line 34 of tpw_air.sqf:

tpw_air_aircraft  = ["ironfront1", "ironfront2", "etc"]; // whatever the iron front aircraft classnames are

and then remove lines 35-57, you'll be left with a version of TPW AIR that only spawns iron front aircraft.

If you want to keep using the addon version, then you can simply type the above code into the console or run it from a little script after TPW MODS has initialised.

• Like 1

Everything is fine on my end, thanks a lot TPW!

BTW, regarding HUD, is it possible to add a custom field on the userconfig file to add extra "glasses" HUD compactibles? I´d love to use MGVR Big Boss eye patch as a metal gear IV tech monocle or on TRYKs eye wears =)

cheers!

It is possible, but I baulk at adding extra lines to the userconfig. However, in the mean time you can always play with the script version. Line 530:

if (((goggles _unit) in ["G_Tactical_Black", "G_Tactical_Clear","G_Goggles_VR"]) || ((headgear _unit) in ["H_HelmetSpecO_blk","H_HelmetSpecO_ocamo","H_HelmetLeaderO_oucamo","H_HelmetLeaderO_ocamo"])) then

If you know the classname of your goggles/headwear you can add them in. Or if you can tell me what they are I can add them in for the next update.

I find the tpw_air module adds a lot in terms of ambiance to missions, but is there anyway to edit the module in such a way as to get the aircraft to engage opposing units? 

I find the tpw_air module adds a lot in terms of ambiance to missions, but is there anyway to edit the module in such a way as to get the aircraft to engage opposing units? 

There is but it may bollox the whole thing up. Have a look starting at line 97

_pilot setcaptive true;
_pilot setskill 0;
_pilot disableAI "TARGET";
_pilot disableAI "AUTOTARGET";

and change to:

_pilot setcaptivefalse;
_pilot setskill 1;
_pilot enableAI "TARGET";
_pilot enableAI "AUTOTARGET";

This will make spawned aircraft potentially engage enemies, but it may mess up the flyby behaviour, which relies on the aircraft flying between two spawnpoints. Spawned craft are despawned after 5 minutes just in case , so what can happen is that the spawned aircraft might disappear even in the middle of an engagement. Since I never designed the flybys to be anything other than decoration, I am not about to change this behaviour. Feel free to mess around with the code but if you want something more robust either use TPW SKIRMISH, in which blufor can call in airstrikes, or write your own.

Is there meanwhile a solution to make the HUD appear? With latest version the TPW Hud doesnt appear, Tactical Glasses are equippend.

Are you on dev or stable? HUD works just fine on dev. Does TPW HUD appear in the list of initialised mods? 

The variable tpw_air_aircraft by default contains a list of aircraft scanned out of the config. If you change line 34 of tpw_air.sqf:

tpw_air_aircraft  = ["ironfront1", "ironfront2", "etc"]; // whatever the iron front aircraft classnames are

and then remove lines 35-57, you'll be left with a version of TPW AIR that only spawns iron front aircraft.

If you want to keep using the addon version, then you can simply type the above code into the console or run it from a little script after TPW MODS has initialised.

Works a treat, thanks for the information......

With your permission could i share the revised TPW_AIR script in the Iron Front in Arma 3 forum thread, i'm sure mission-makers would appreciate this.

Works a treat, thanks for the information......

With your permission could i share the revised TPW_AIR script in the Iron Front in Arma 3 forum thread, i'm sure mission-makers would appreciate this.

Of course mate

• Like 1

Are you on dev or stable? HUD works just fine on dev. Does TPW HUD appear in the list of initialised mods? 

I use Stable version. Yeah there is a short information on the corner (something with Intializing i think) but HUD wont show up :(

I use Stable version. Yeah there is a short information on the corner (something with Intializing i think) but HUD wont show up :(

Did you install manually or via PW6? I've seen more than a few problems from PW6 and config installation issues.

Hey Im on Dev Branch but have a constant script error message pertaining to line 124 of bleedout.sqf.

Something about 'variable addCamShake Error type number not number'

Did you install manually or via PW6? I've seen more than a few problems from PW6 and config installation issues.

No, i always install my mods manually. I dont trust such automatic installers^^

Of course i deleted all previous TPW Files and folders before installed the new version

@froggy and @LSD, I will look into both of these issues ASAP, thanks for the heads up. I'm pretty sure it's all related to this new bloody stamina system and the workarounds I had to put in.

TPW MODS 20151103: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20151103.zip

Changes:

• [bLEEDOUT 1.19, CORE 1.17, FALL 1.42, FOG 1.32, HUD 1.50] Removed fatigue/stamina translation calls since this is now handled by the engine. 

The latest dev builds have introduced fatigue/stamina mapping, so I no longer need to use custom calls, which might have been causing issues for some people.

I really want to start using TPW again-does anyone run this with ACE3 in SP?Are there any issues/conflicts? 

Sadly i am not able to run it and help would be apreciated :)

2mfgqpc.jpg

Edit: Found the problem, line was there 5 times (bleedout_selfheal) don´t know why :X

I sure don't know much about how these mods work but I'll try to point you in the direction I think you might have to go, but first I have to ask, do you run ACE as well as TPW?

If you are, then it might be that the two are competing for a place in your game. Like I said I might be way off so go easy.

1) The TPW_ANIMSPEED part of your error, might have to do with how your ingame charactor walks, i.e: walk, jog, run, etc. I think ACE has that tweaked and so does TPW. You might have to choose which mod you want to handle this. The only issue is, TPW's UI (made by Gliptal) is greyed out for me but you might be able to open a config file a change it there.

2) The bleedout, selfheal might be wonky because of similar issues I pointed out above. I think both mods that we are talking about provide their own version and thus only one can be active.

Hope I explained it well enough for you fix it.

Hey TPW, sorry, I still owe you a list of eye gear from tryk, Metal gear and RHS so you can make them HUD compactible, but I gotta say, you should add support to this...

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/170082-zee-identity-pack/page-23#entry2942821

Such high tech mask craves for a HUD!

cheers ;D

As I get better at playing I am slowly removing the visual aids that I used to depend on to keep the enemy at bay. For example I used to use the information from TPW hud (lower right corner of the display) to allert me of any danger. There is also the text display that is visible over the enemy/freindlies/vehicles and so on. I have since removed all of the text at the lower right corner and reduced the enemy range distance to 250m. Here's my question/request.

I want to be able to remove the Orange text over the enemy altogether and replace the text/icon to a small exclamation point positioned about 5 feet above the heads of the enemy. Since I already know the enemy is 250m or less, I am scrambling to find cover but I just want to keep tabs by following that small marker I'm looking to add.

Can anyone show me how that could be done?

Post edit

This question is for Gliptal,....

I use the Arma 3 Launcher. I also have a few saved favorites in the TPW UI. My question is, would it be possible to link a "mods" profile, to one the saved profiles in TPW. I always forget to set my TPW settings first depending on which mission I might play. I play either SP or coop and as you know some of TPW's settings don't play well based on which type of mission you start.

Thanks!

Greetings tpw, noticed that AI's custom subSkill values return to normal after taking ragdoll Fall damage -is there any way to prevent this?

Hello tpw, there's a recent conflict between your awesome mod and fabulous Enhanced Movement mod. It's related to the 1.54 stamina reset when jumping key is activated, do you please have any ideas of the cause ?

Edit : the conflict is with TPW_FALL

Edit 2 : I found out that the problem is related to setfatigue command in such a situation :

// Is unit in air from a fall?
            if (!istouchingground _unit && _unit == vehicle _unit) then
                {
                _unit setfatigue 0;

Just for you to know...