tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Just upgraded. Can't seem to get Hud to initialize. Anyone else experiencing this?

B

Mee too =P (stable 1.52, upgraded TPW yesterday and HUD doesn´t seems to work... i´ll check the -filepatching parameter and If the other modules load, I only use FALL/Parking/RAIN/HUD) 

[EDIT] Just checked... Used -filepatching parameter, FALL/PArking/Rain initializing, I have the hint  confirming, but nothing on HUD... equipped the CSAT Defender helmet, put the tactical glasses and nothing... and the tactical glasses doesn´t get included on my gear, so HUD module isn´t initialing.... I´m reverting to previous TPW version, meanwhile (can´t play without HUD lol)

cheers!

Mee too =P (stable 1.52, upgraded TPW yesterday and HUD doesn´t seems to work... i´ll check the -filepatching parameter and If the other modules load, I only use FALL/Parking/RAIN/HUD) 

cheers!

If you can hang in there a couple more hours I'll release an update when I get home from work. I think it might be related to a bug in the version specific stamina/fatigue translation code I shoehorned in at short notice, and which I have already fixed. 

If you can hang in there a couple more hours I'll release an update when I get home from work. I think it might be related to a bug in the version specific stamina/fatigue translation code I shoehorned in at short notice, and which I have already fixed. 

Null sweat... I´ll play Phantom Pain while I wait ;) (MGSV PP is the only game that can still hook me out of arma3 lol)

cheers!

Null sweat... I´ll play Phantom Pain while I wait ;) (MGSV PP is the only game that can still hook me out of arma3 lol)

cheers!

Ha ha. The only software that can keep my from A3 for any period of time is driving sims, including the awesome Brazilian sim Game Stock Car.

TPW MODS 20151020: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20151020.zip

Changes:

[FALL 1.41] Bug fix with player immobilisation after hit.

[CORE 1.15] Fixed bug in game version checking for stamina calculations, HUD was not showing up in 1.52 release build. Added TPW MODS version to startup hint, delayed hint by a few seconds so it should now show all initialised mods. Added Mogadishu and Waziristan to civilian list.
[FOG 1.31] Added Mogadishu and Waziristan to climate list. 

Hopefully this should fix the HUD not appearing for some people.

Thanks for the update!

Some more script pop-ups for you to look at:

21:14:52 Error in expression < 2 > 152)) then { _ft = 1 - (getstamina _unit) / (60 * (1 - load _unit)); } els>
21:14:52   Error position: <_unit) / (60 * (1 - load _unit));} els>
21:14:52   Error Missing )
21:14:52 File TPW_MODS\tpw_core.sqf, line 463

21:18:37 Error in expression < - damage player)); _ft = [player] call tpw_core_fnc_s2f; _dm = (damage player)>
21:18:37   Error position: <tpw_core_fnc_s2f; _dm = (damage player)>
21:18:37   Error Undefined variable in expression: tpw_core_fnc_s2f
21:18:37 File TPW_MODS\tpw_bleedout.sqf, line 114

21:22:59 Error in expression <= vehicle _unit) then {[_unit,0] call tpw_core_fnc_f2s; [_unit] spawn tpw_fall>
21:22:59   Error position: <tpw_core_fnc_f2s; [_unit] spawn tpw_fall>
21:22:59   Error Undefined variable in expression: tpw_core_fnc_f2s
21:22:59 File TPW_MODS\tpw_fall.sqf, line 679

21:22:59 Error in expression <ldist = 1;}; _fatigue = [_unit] call tpw_core_fnc_s2f; _realdist =  _realdist>
21:22:59   Error position: <tpw_core_fnc_s2f; _realdist =  _realdist>
21:22:59   Error Undefined variable in expression: tpw_core_fnc_s2f
21:22:59 File TPW_MODS\tpw_fall.sqf, line 492

Are you using stable or dev CMcD? I don't see any of these errors on dev.

Stable... still, that's odd - they all look like pretty generic errors.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NBD in any case, the improvements in the dev build will roll around to us stable users eventually!

They appear to be due to the stable version trying to call some dev stamina commands which don't exist in stable . In TPW CORE I make sure I screen the version before trying to run them:

// SET UNIT'S STAMINA USING FATIGUE VALUE (0-1)
tpw_core_fnc_f2s =
{
private ["_unit","_ft","_st"];
_unit = _this select 0;
_ft = _this select 1;
_st = (1 - _ft) * (60 * (1 - load _unit)); // thanks to Ceeeb for this equation
if ((productVersion select 3 > 132922) && (productVersion select 2 > 152)) then
{
_unit setstamina _st;
_unit setvariable["tpw_fatigue",_ft];
}
else
{
_unit setfatigue _ft;
};};

If you type hint str productversion into your console what do you see?

EDIT: It turns out that stable build was choking on setstamina and getstamina just being in the script, regardless of whether they were being used. I have fixed this. 

Hi tpw, is there anyway that the tpw_air addon version or script version can/could support the aircraft from the IronFront in Arma 3 mod....  :pray:

Sorry for what's in all likelihood a very stupid question - because you couldn't possibly take into account the endless SP mods and missions out there - but how do I know which scenarios I can safely launch TPW Mods with for single player?

I've been playing a ton of Hunter Six/Pilgrimmage/WLA/Sentinal Outbreak/etc (for open world SP play) and a lot of other smaller more linear SP scenarios (such as Sarge's Workshop mods) and I can't really tell by the OP if this is meant for all SP play or just vanilla or using the editor?

Anyway, I've heard nothing but good things TPW. I just want to make sure I end up using it the way it's intended.

TPW has designed the modules to be as neutral as possible so that it can be used in most SP scenarios. Problems may still occur in heavily scripted scenarios, such as the official BIS campaign, but these are the exception rather than the rule. If there is a problem it is often just one or two modules that need to be disabled rather than the whole mod. I try to fine tune the different modules to suit the scenario involved. In Pilgrimage I reduce the number of CIVs as the mission itself has some. I find that too many CIVS just get in the way.

Sorry for what's in all likelihood a very stupid question - because you couldn't possibly take into account the endless SP mods and missions out there - but how do I know which scenarios I can safely launch TPW Mods with for single player?

I've been playing a ton of Hunter Six/Pilgrimmage/WLA/Sentinal Outbreak/etc (for open world SP play) and a lot of other smaller more linear SP scenarios (such as Sarge's Workshop mods) and I can't really tell by the OP if this is meant for all SP play or just vanilla or using the editor?

Anyway, I've heard nothing but good things TPW. I just want to make sure I end up using it the way it's intended.

• Like 1

TPW has designed the modules to be as neutral as possible so that it can be used in most SP scenarios. Problems may still occur in heavily scripted scenarios, such as the official BIS campaign, but these are the exception rather than the rule. If there is a problem it is often just one or two modules that need to be disabled rather than the whole mod. I try to fine tune the different modules to suit the scenario involved. In Pilgrimage I reduce the number of CIVs as the mission itself has some. I find that too many CIVS just get in the way.

Nice! I'll download this tonight. Jumping back into some more Hunter Six (it's brilliant) so I'll edit it if need be.

I promise, last stupid question. I keep reading about editing TPW Mods to cater to your specific experience. Does this mod come with an editor or menu I can access in-game or do I have to enable or disable things using a text editor such as Notepad?

Nice! I'll download this tonight. Jumping back into some more Hunter Six (it's brilliant) so I'll edit it if need be.

I promise, last stupid question. I keep reading about editing TPW Mods to cater to your specific experience. Does this mod come with an editor or menu I can access in-game or do I have to enable or disable things using a text editor such as Notepad?

There's a script folder inside the mod archive. You can edit those, but I prefer an addon version for one :p

TPW Budy, can you tell me if there configuring the TPW AIR to spend only one type of aircraft every 40 minutes? thank you

Hi tpw, is there anyway that the tpw_air addon version or script version can/could support the aircraft from the IronFront in Arma 3 mod....  :pray:

Evil Organ, TPW AIR will pick up any aircraft mods that you have installed. As long as they are iskindof "plane" or iskindof "helicopter". I've never used IronFront but can't see why TPW AIR shouldn't spawn aircraft from that mod.

As I say on the first post, I'd recommend playing official scenarios through without TPW MODS, since it may change the dynamic of some carefully scripted missions. TPW MODS is an SP mod, so you can use its various features to enhance your own editor missions and those created by others. Obviously the more mods you use, the more liklihood that there may be some unwanted interactions. 

TPW Budy, can you tell me if there configuring the TPW AIR to spend only one type of aircraft every 40 minutes? thank you

You'll need to fiddle with the script version. Look for line 79:

_aircrafttype = tpw_air_aircraft select (floor (random (count tpw_air_aircraft)));

and replace it with 

_aircrafttype = your_aircraft's_classname

If you call the modified script with 0 = [10,2400,2,[50,250,500],0] execvm "tpw_air.sqf" then you'll get the one aircraft type flying by up to 40 minutes apart

@ HeroesandvillainsOS

...if you go to the first post made in this thread and open the spoiler you will find all the information needed to properly use TPW. SP and MP compatabilities and so on.

and

...under the heading "configuration" you can follow a link to make use of a handy UI created by Gliptal for controling multiple user configs.

• Like 1

Changes:

[CORE 1.16] Should now correctly use stamina if on latest dev builds, otherwise default to fatigue.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Everything is fine on my end, thanks a lot TPW!

BTW, regarding HUD, is it possible to add a custom field on the userconfig file to add extra "glasses" HUD compactibles? I´d love to use MGVR Big Boss eye patch as a metal gear IV tech monocle or on TRYKs eye wears =)

cheers!

Evil Organ, TPW AIR will pick up any aircraft mods that you have installed. As long as they are iskindof "plane" or iskindof "helicopter". I've never used IronFront but can't see why TPW AIR shouldn't spawn aircraft from that mod.

Yes, i can confirm TPW AIR does pick up aircraft from the IronFront mod.....on the downside, vanilla Arma 3 aircraft are also active, which kinda breaks the immersion factor when trying to create a WW2 scenario.......(try picturing a flyby of a Stuka Bomber or a Focke Wulfe closely followed by a A-164 Wipeout) :P.......is there anyway to exclude vanilla A3 aircraft from the script or addon versions. 

Cheers.