tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

...I was able to eliminate the onscreen text that I never used, plus I still have the enemy/AI/vehicle text (orange) which is exactly what I want. My question to perfect my options is,...Is there a way to now change the orange distance text to a simple exclamation point that hovers over the charactor/vehicle by about 5 feet and also change the color to a tan resembling the color of the dried grasses. When shooting at the enemy I feels like I shooting at a number and hope I hit the enemy,  :P 

Thanks!

@Igitur

Would it be possible to add a userconfig variable that would select one of the three available weapon lowered walk animations ?  I'd like to stick with my preferred 'AmovPercMwlkSlowWrflDf_ver2', but also want to benefit from all the options of your awesome mods.

I was thinking this could be implemented more or less the same way you did for speeds ?

...at the risk of sounding totally ignorant on my part, are you trying to adjust "animations" which can be found in the UI that Gliptal made?

ScreenHunter_23%20Oct.%2003%2020.05_zps4

Hello TPW!

I want to make skirmish in manually mode, between FIA and AAF

init.sqf:

_am=[] execVM "scripts\tpw_core.sqf";

tpw_skirmish_active = true;

0 = [5,2,5,2,500,2000,1,1,1,30,"Max_police_man","Max_police_hunter","B_G_Soldier_lite_F","B_G_Quadbike_01_F"] execvm "scripts\tpw_skirmish.sqf";

but nothing occurs ("Max_police_man","Max_police_hunter" are from addon)

Hello TPW

Iv been playing about with TPW Bleedout and may have stumbled across a bug you might not be aware of.

Im not 100% sure its related to bleedout or your mod at all but it seems to only happen with bleedout enabled.

Basically on occasion a member of a group who is in need of treatment will simply freeze(he may be the treatment giver also) and ignore SL move orders.

Interestingly when i "unstuck him" or teleport him say a few meters away,he will start the healing process on himself or other AI and mosey on back to the squad leaders position.

Its rare but does seem to happen and it can also result in the next AI in formation to cease his follow sqaud leader order.

Cheers

The tactical glasses are starting to bug me....is there an option for if I want them to not be forced into my inventory?

The tactical glasses are starting to bug me....is there an option for if I want them to not be forced into my inventory?

Deactivate the HUD module?

Open tpw_mods.hpp in your SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS folder then go to // HUD section

tpw_hud_addtac = 0; // automatically add tactical glasses to the player's inventory if they are not already carrying/wearing them. 0 = don't add glasses 

I think only animal spawning works for me. Other modules seem to be broken on most maps.. and I haven't seen a civvie in months on SP sessions. How unfortunate :/

For players particularly those that might find it difficult to navigate and edit config files I suggest downloading a User Interface made by "Gliptal". The advantages are, an easy to use options selection AND a profile menu for adjusting your TPW to best fit your different missions. You can find it here...

https://github.com/Gliptal/TPW-Settings

@Pulster

...Here is what I have been noticing with TPW, it seems

If you start a mission with a certain set up in TPW, that is what you will end up with throughout the mission, no matter ir you make changes. So say you tick the box to enable aircraft and decide you don't like them after all, so then you quit Arma, untick aircraft and con't your mission, you still will continue to see/hear the ambient TPW aircraft. This may or may not be happening for everyone but it is for me.

• Like 1

Hi pvt. Partz,

thanks for the useful link.

A great option to handle all the stuff in an easy way.  :)

Greetings

McLupo

pvt partz, thanks for the tip, but I've always used this tool. The issue is that the modules don't seem to trigger for some reason. Perhaps a clash with another mod.. I will try it alone one of those days. I'd also like to implement RDS civvies since the vanilla ones are quite limited. It'd be ideal if the author got around to updating it, I reckon some bits get broken with each Arma update.

I reckon some bits get broken with each Arma update.

...That's it ! It's nobodies fault perse. B.I. bores out the block for better performance and modders have to fit in remachined pistons, cam, and lifters. Seems to be just the way of the world. I hope all the talented modders just shrug and accept this as another day in the office, and keep up the good work.

Open tpw_mods.hpp in your SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS folder then go to // HUD section

tpw_hud_addtac = 0; // automatically add tactical glasses to the player's inventory if they are not already carrying/wearing them. 0 = don't add glasses 

Thanks so much! 

Hi guys.

As some of you may have noticed I am going through one of my periodic "reduced interest in Arma" phases which last for a month or two. I make no apologies for this, there are other computer and non computer interests vying for my attention and I'm not one of those people who can maintain 100% focus on a single game for years at a time. I do fire up Arma3 once a week or so to see what improvements (and regressions) have crept in and to see what might have broken in TPW MODS. And at this point  in time TPW MODS is working as intended on my system so I haven't had to fix anything. As I say in the 1st post, I have no way of knowing what other mods you might be using that cause conflicts.

In an era when developers dump unfinished games onto a gullible public and don't support them beyond a patch or two, the ongoing commitment and support that Bohemia display is just incredible. If there's breakage along the way then I totally accept it as collateral damage. It can be frustrating but the end product is a continually improving game. 

TPW MODS has evolved to point where I'm happy enough with its core features and don't intend to add too many more. I'm not sure whether its gratifying or frustrating to work on features (eg EBS, LOS) only to have them rendered obsolete by engine level or mezzanine functions. The kinds of things I want added to the game, such as furnished houses and running inland water, are exactly those kind of things I could hammer away at only to have them invalidated by appearing natively in game a month later with no dev acknowledgement. I guess its the peril of modding for a continually developed software base.

I guess the point of this soliloquy is to say that I haven't abandoned TPW MODS, and sorry if that's the impression I gave.

EDIT: In fact I'm back in my code editor as we speak trying to fix the breakage brought about by the new stamina system and removal of the old fatigue system...

• Like 4

TPW mods works great for me,i just try to point out any issues i might see that others didnt pick up on.

In fact iv started using ALL parts of TPW (barring los) and have abondoned many other scripts and mods because TPW is something i can rely on and does what it sets out to really well.I came back recently and noticed how much more optimized it also seems to be,its almost seamless now in how it integrates in the game world,the performance is amazing on my rig which isnt exactly a beast.

I can imagine the nessecity of your break away from ArmA,TPW.I need it just playing sometimes and inevitabley when a patch roles around and breaks things(as should be expected to) i just take a vacation.

TPW is the mod i have most faith in is what i'm trying to say. Good to hear from you TPW hope all's well.

P.S. Thanks for teaching me a new word "soliloquy" haha

TPW mods works great for me,i just try to point out any issues i might see that others didnt pick up on.

In fact iv started using ALL parts of TPW (barring los) and have abondoned many other scripts and mods because TPW is something i can rely on and does what it sets out to really well.I came back recently and noticed how much more optimized it also seems to be,its almost seamless now in how it integrates in the game world,the performance is amazing on my rig which isnt exactly a beast.

I can imagine the nessecity of your break away from ArmA,TPW.I need it just playing sometimes and inevitabley when a patch roles around and breaks things(as should be expected to) i just take a vacation.

TPW is the mod i have most faith in is what i'm trying to say. Good to hear from you TPW hope all's well.

P.S. Thanks for teaching me a new word "soliloquy" haha

Thanks redarmy, that really means a lot. I develop on a pretty measly i5/GTX660 box and have always been at pains to optimise my code - there's no use having features if they make the game unplayably slow. I'm so glad you've noticed. I'm sure there are recent script commands which might enable me to squeeze a few more fps, maybe I'll do another refactoring down the line.

Speaking of code, I have thanks to Ceeeb on the fatigue dev thread managed to implement a workaround for the the new and contentious stamina system which replaces the old (perfectly good) fatigue system.

I've spent quite a few hours in A3 today and have to say that the game optimisation is pretty miraculous, it's running noticeably faster and smoother for me under most conditions. 

• Like 3

TPW MODS 20151017: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20151017.zip

Changes:

• [CORE 1.14, BLEEDOUT 1.18, FALL 1.40, FOG 1.30, HUD 1.49] If using dev build 1.53.132922 or greater will use stamina rather than the deprecated fatigue. Please be aware that stamina depletes/regenerates significantly faster than fatigue so changes to pulse and breathing rate in BLEEDOUT and FOG will be accelerated. Many thanks to Ceeeb for elucidating the relationship between stamina and player load.  
  • Full changelog

Ok, I know it's been a long time between updates. I've taken a few months off to do some other stuff, and let Arma3 development happen with a bit less frustration. The recent replacement of fatigue with stamina broke a lot of TPW MODS functionality, including heart and breath rate calculations, and fatigue from falling/being shot/bleeding out. I've replaced getfatigue and setfatigue with some custom functions which will use getstamina/setstamina if you're using dev build 132922 or greater, or fall back to getfatigue/setfatigue if not. I'm indebted to Ceeeb for his input on the fatigue dev thread. Any quirks in the implementation are solely due to my ineptitude!

Arma 3 looks to be in pretty good shape at the moment so hopefully I'll get back into a bit more actual coding and less caretaking and troubleshooting. Thanks for your patience and support over the last few months. 

• Like 3

it's running noticeably faster and smoother for me under most conditions.

...Not only that but I have also noticed a fps "steadyness" throughout the map since 1.52. Previously my fps would tend to drop considerably, anywhere from Pergos, east, along the main (orange) highway.

Much improved.

Updated mod v2015.10.17 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey TPW , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

TPW: many thanks for the update but it seems that Gliptal's awesome TPW Settings.jar doesn't work anymore. Any ideas how to fix that?

Sorry: I updated it incorrectly.

Edited by domokun

Thanks for the update, tpw!

EDIT - might have a bug for you to stomp, namely:

21:26:03 Error in expression < > 132922) then {_ft = 1 - (getstamina _unit) / (60 * (1 - load _unit));} els>
21:26:03   Error position: <_unit) / (60 * (1 - load _unit));} els>
21:26:03   Error Missing )
21:26:03 File TPW_MODS\tpw_core.sqf, line 457

Thanks for the update, tpw!

EDIT - might have a bug for you to stomp, namely:

21:26:03 Error in expression < > 132922) then {_ft = 1 - (getstamina _unit) / (60 * (1 - load _unit));} els>
21:26:03   Error position: <_unit) / (60 * (1 - load _unit));} els>
21:26:03   Error Missing )
21:26:03 File TPW_MODS\tpw_core.sqf, line 457

Already on it thanks mate, will release update today.

Yeah just verified with a clean run of A3 (latest stable build) with only CBA and TPW. Hud will not initialize. 

Hmm very strange. The rest of the mods initialise OK?