tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

TPW,

Well, Gunter came through again. :) That guy has always impressed me over the years, and really, I shouldn't be surprised by his generosity and helpfulness after all of this time.

Here's a link to the post that he made that has the classnames for Iron Front's buildings. If you'd be so kind as to see how much of your lighting magic you could work on them, on behalf of all of us that love those islands, I'm completely confident that the community would be extremely grateful for it. :)

The link: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170687-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-3&p=2929326&viewfull=1#post2929326

Yours! :yay:

@Kyle_K_ski

Request:

Is it possible to add the option of ambient smoke (lightly drifting as a smouldering fire after an explosion) to the TPW mod?

@Gliptal:

Is it possible to add this option to your GUI and include a slider for smoke duration and view distance (for fps control) ?

We were ambushed in a small village and had to lob a few grenades. I thought it would be so immersive if after a grenade explosion there would be lingering smoke. I also appreciate the complex scripting for such an option but not knowing anything about that I would wonder if that is even possible.

Thanks!

......Me First !!! :don 14:

Unfortunately my GUI is directly tied to the options that tpw himself makes available in his .hpp. Unless you're talking about an existing option you'd like to be turned from input box to slider, in which case I can see what can be done.

Yay!

TPW,

Well, Gunter came through again. :) That guy has always impressed me over the years, and really, I shouldn't be surprised by his generosity and helpfulness after all of this time.

Here's a link to the post that he made that has the classnames for Iron Front's buildings. If you'd be so kind as to see how much of your lighting magic you could work on them, on behalf of all of us that love those islands, I'm completely confident that the community would be extremely grateful for it. :)

The link: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170687-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-3&p=2929326&viewfull=1#post2929326

Yours! :yay:

Indeed Gunter is a great bloke. Thanks muchly for taking the time to track these classes down for me Kyle_K_ski. It will take me some time to wade through this list and pick out the actual habitable houses though!

From tpw:

Thanks muchly for taking the time to track these classes down for me

Not a problem. I'm happy to help/contribute in any way towards your superb work. :)

how do you install this, your instructions are super vague?

it says that my installer is not in the same place as my package

how do you install this, your instructions are super vague?

it says that my installer is not in the same place as my package

Read the first post, click the spoiler button under the title that reads: "Installation and Further Details:

Please do me the courtesy of reading below before asking me questions regarding features / configuration"

i get a error message "include file userconfig\tpw_mods\tpw_mods.hpp not found" although this file is in "ARMA 3\@TPW_MODS\userconfig\TPW_MODS".

whats gone wrong?

troymcc, copy your whole 'TPW_MODS' folder within that 'userconfig' folder to your ArmA installation directory, 'userconfig' folder.

So it looks like this:

..-"steaminstallationPath"-\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS

For the exact installation instruction please read the 1st post, section "Installation and Further Details"

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164304-TPW-MODS-enhanced-realism-immersion-for-Arma-3-SP&p=2503720&viewfull=1#post2503720

this is the gameinst folder, but not the in the right userconfig..i was a little bit confused. now it works

Did a game update screw up Civilian spawn? It no longer states that at the upper right corner on mission start and just noticed I haven't seen any. And yes I have Civilian enabled=1 as well as green lighted with the .jar file.

TPW CIVS is still working just fine, just for some reason the start hint is not.

To be honest I've taken a small sabbatical from Arma3 for a while, there have just been too many regressions and annoyances for me to cope with. If people encounter show stopping bugs then by all means let me know and I'll attend to them, but I'm cooling my heels until the game stabilises a bit.

Funny. It's been a good patch to me. Let's hope 1.46 suits you better buddy.

TPW CIVS is still working just fine, just for some reason the start hint is not.

Looks like its Takistan and Zargabad, maybe the other AiA Islands Im not sure. I sue the RDS Civ packs and the cars are showing up as parked but Im seeing zero cars driving nor any pedestrians at all. I do see them on Stratis/Altis btw.

Ok I'll look into that for you, thanks for the heads up.

TPW hope your well

not sure if your still on a rest from arma,but wanted to poit out a rather serious issue.

I have not seen it reported and it may just be on my end but with TPW FALL.After i the player fall and rise up,im no longer able to change from weapon raised(combat pace) stance.

I have also updated to recent version.

To replicate (anyone else who wants)

1.Go into combat pace,weapon up

2.Chuck grenade so you will get hit for fall to take affect

3.stand up,try to come out of combat pace(what ever your control setting is)

i CAN go into relaxed pace,just not normal pace.

@seba1976: I'll keep this up my sleeve for the next complaint about TPW FALL! Good to see the soldier walk away.

@redarmy: Recent dev builds are regularly changing anims, which I can't keep up with. Try removing TPW_ANIMS.pbo and see if that helps.

@seba1976: I'll keep this up my sleeve for the next complaint about TPW FALL!

I can imagine :)

Anyway FALL has become the number one feature for me, and I absolutely hate when I have to play without it. The game is so unrealistic when the soldiers take hits and keep firing at you that is almost laughable, and I can't believe how much more realistic the situation is when using FALL. I honestly think BIS should add their own implementation of this to the engine, in their effords to simulate soldiers wearing body armour. But you got it right from the beginning.

+1 to what seba said. Can't play without FALL. Really, I can't.

And while we're at it: has anyone else experienced problems with FALL / ACE? it's like back in the days with AGM, where you would be frozen to the ground after being knocked down... (It should be noted however, that I'd rather play without ACE than without TPW mods ;) )

I can imagine :)

Anyway FALL has become the number one feature for me, and I absolutely hate when I have to play without it. The game is so unrealistic when the soldiers take hits and keep firing at you that is almost laughable, and I can't believe how much more realistic the situation is when using FALL. I honestly think BIS should add their own implementation of this to the engine, in their effords to simulate soldiers wearing body armour. But you got it right from the beginning.

Yes! Imho TPW_FALL is the most important A3 mod.

+1 to what seba said. Can't play without FALL. Really, I can't.

And while we're at it: has anyone else experienced problems with FALL / ACE? it's like back in the days with AGM, where you would be frozen to the ground after being knocked down... (It should be noted however, that I'd rather play without ACE than without TPW mods ;) )

I don't play with ACE, but I find it pretty regular to get hit, fall, and not be able to move. Once I treat myself, I'm back in full force, but I want to say that if I just lie there for a few seconds, I roll over and can move again. Honestly I'm just not patient enough to wait and see and usually have a kit (or AI) to help me get back up.

Personally, I think this is a fantastic "feature," as it motivates you to fix the problem quickly or get over run. I can't imagine the game without TPW FALL. It just wouldn't be as much fun.