tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Changes:

[RADIO 1.19] Percentage of houses which play radio may now be configured.

from where can we configure the percentage? with jar config file i see the same settings like on previous version

thanks

from where can we configure the percentage? with jar config file i see the same settings like on previous version

thanks

Have a look at the annotated hpp:

tpw_radio_house = 0.75; // Radio in houses. 0 = no radio in houses, 1 = radio in all houses

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

;2903499']TPW' date=' have you seen this mod? [url']http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190036-A3-Animal-Pack[/url]

hope you can add those new animals as optionals on TPW spawning-o-rama =)

I have seen it and will most likely implement it once the smoke clears. My hatred of ambient animals is at an all time high though because recent dev builds have completely @#$ed the behaviour of most spawned animals. Help me out by upvoting this ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22809

Oh sh*t, the new jar will be ready in a few hours.

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

Here it is, I messed up the git repo and had to fight with it a bit.

Yay!

Here it is, I messed up the git repo and had to fight with it a bit.

Yay!

Thanks Gliptal!

I have seen it and will most likely implement it once the smoke clears. My hatred of ambient animals is at an all time high though because recent dev builds have completely @#$ed the behaviour of most spawned animals. Help me out by upvoting this ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22809

Yeah, maybe nevermind... after my post I noticed it was done by that Trisken2NT kid, it is a messy work and it seems he didn´t have AGAIN permition to alter somebody elses work and another mod thread is closed, he doesn´t ceases to amaze me (he hasn´t learnt his past lessons afterall)

About the CSAT helmets, I´ve noticed that the HUD only works on the models with lenses down (of course...) but I can´t find the double lented helmet on VA, just the "assassin" (which has only 1 lens), how´s is it called? (the Defender and the grey camoflaged have lenses up)

cheers!

Assassin is one, Protector has lenses up and the Defender helmets should have both lenses down.By default CSAT use the Protector helmets.

Assassin is one, Protector has lenses up and the Defender helmets should have both lenses down.By default CSAT use the Protector helmets.

Bizarre, it (Defender helmet) only shows up with lenses up on Virtual Arsenal... maybe there´s an init to toggle it up and down? Well, at least I have TPW HUD on the assassin helmet =)

;2904466']Bizarre' date=' it (Defender helmet) only shows up with lenses up on Virtual Arsenal... maybe there´s an init to toggle it up and down? Well, at least I have TPW HUD on the assassin helmet =)[/quote']

Freaky, could be a new bug then, at least I think it used to be right.

Tested a little more and found out the real problem (and a bug report for TPW): the Defender helmet with HExagon camo isn´t rendering the TPW HUD interface/UI... the assassin helmet works and Defender Urban camo works alright either, but the defender with hex camo doesn´t (and it does have the lenses down =P)

Maybe a typo or TPW forgot to include the hex variant?

cheers!

;2904521']Tested a little more and found out the real problem (and a bug report for TPW): the Defender helmet with HExagon camo isn´t rendering the TPW HUD interface/UI... the assassin helmet works and Defender Urban camo works alright either' date=' but the defender with hex camo doesn´t (and it does have the lenses down =P)

Maybe a typo or TPW forgot to include the hex variant?

cheers![/quote']

My #@$%up, I just didn't get all the classnames. Will fix shortly

Hey Tpw

I was wondering if you could add simple dragging wounded units ? Would like to do without all the module editing and morphine , pain , knockout stuff that the other more complicated wounding mod have ....

All any traction on random armed civs/ suicide bombers ?

Thanks

I second that for the dragging units.

And Hi tpw, is there a way to modify the bleedout.sqf to disable player's Bleedout only (I hate OPF, so want them bleed)? Because a mission (WLA) has its own respwan feature is broken by it when die from bleeding.

Has TPW stopped supporting or being compatible with dev branch at any point? Sorry if that's already been answered in the thread somewhere, but it's 282 pages long.

TPW MODS is developed on dev branch, and as of 1.43.129935 is working fine on it.

Hi TPW

Is there any chance you could do an option for player group to have a revive state/garauntee as to make it more forgiving to lead an AI group?Set damage false at an incapacitated state lets say?

TPW MODS is developed on dev branch, and as of 1.43.129935 is working fine on it.

Hmmn, I don't know what's going on, then.

I've been keeping up to date on dev branch builds, TPW and CBA.

But now I get an error message on startup that TPW requires CBA's event handlers, and then the mod doesn't work. CBA is definitely loaded and active in the Expansions menu.

This happened with my weeks-old version of the mods, and after a clean install. It's likely CBA's fault, but there's not really much room for error here. You put da PBO in da folder thingy and enable it, just like for thousands of mods for the past decade. Where's the failure point?

How do I increase frequency of civs? I set it to 1 per house but I still see barely any.

Also, does the client need to run TPW as well? Or can the server/host just run it? If they do need it, do they need to change the options as well?

Hmmn, I don't know what's going on, then.

I've been keeping up to date on dev branch builds, TPW and CBA.

But now I get an error message on startup that TPW requires CBA's event handlers, and then the mod doesn't work. CBA is definitely loaded and active in the Expansions menu.

This happened with my weeks-old version of the mods, and after a clean install. It's likely CBA's fault, but there's not really much room for error here. You put da PBO in da folder thingy and enable it, just like for thousands of mods for the past decade. Where's the failure point?

Not sure how to help you mate, CBA has been throwing errors for me but TPW MODS still works.

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

How do I increase frequency of civs? I set it to 1 per house but I still see barely any.

Also, does the client need to run TPW as well? Or can the server/host just run it? If they do need it, do they need to change the options as well?

As per this:

Multiplayer compatibility

TPW MODS are primarily designed with single player in mind, and are generally player centric, spawning ambience and behaviour around the player to conserve CPU and give the illusion of a living map. As I have stressed many times, they are advertised as SP mods. I only play SP, have little interest in playing MP, little skill in coding MP, and no ability to test it. What this means for you is that:

All mods will work as advertised in SP.

Some of them will work without issues in MP when running clientside on the players' computers, some will not.

None of them will work on a dedicated server, they will detect it and disable themselves.

MP client compatible:

These mods are specifically written so that spawned ambient people/animals/vehicles are shared between multiple players. If there are 10 players in a single small town, there won't be 10 times as many civilians/cars/parked cars/animals/boats/aircraft.

TPW AIR

TPW ANIMALS

TPW BLEEDOUT

TPW BOATS

TPW CARS

TPW CIVS

TPW PARK

TPW RADIO

TPW STREETLIGHTS

I really can't help you with server related questions. What I can say is that every client in MP will need to be running TPW CIVS if it wants to spawn civilians around it. If multiple clients are running CIVS in the same area then the spawned civs will be shared. As for increasing civ number, you have several config options: increase tpw_civ_radius from 150 to eg 500m; decrease tpw_civ_density from 5 to eg 1; and increase tpw_civ_maxciv from 20 to eg 50.

TPW MODS 20150407: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20150407.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.45] HUD for CSAT defender helmet hex.

[bLEEDOUT 1.17] AI units will attempt to stem their own bleeding if they possess a first aid kit. They will not recover health, just stop bleeding to prevent further deterioration.

Please update your TPW_MODS.hpp

Hi all. It's been a while since I made a significant change to any TPW MOD, but here's one for you: AI autohealing. If, like me, you're sick and tired of micromanaging your injured squad mates then you'll hopefully enjoy the latest changes to TPW BLEEDOUT. Basically any injured/bleeding AI unit with a First Aid Kit (FAK) will use the FAK on themselves (including appropriate animations) to attempt to stem the bleeding, and thus prevent further health and mobility deterioration within the context of TPW BLEEDOUT. The more injured they are, the more quickly they are likely to use a FAK. Conversely, the more injured they are, the less likely that a given FAK will completely stem the bleeding. A heavily injured unit may still not be able to stem bleeding after 2 or 3 FAKs. Basically this is my attempt to move towards a little realism, whereby the adrenaline and bandages in a FAK may stem bleeding, but not heal the injury and magically restore health. Although a successfully self-treated unit will stop bleeding and his health will not further decline, he will still require manual treatment by a medic to recover health. Hopefully this will inject (pun intended) some realism into squad injury management while still allowing TPW BLEEDOUT to work with BIS and other 3rd party medical systems.

And, just to reiterate the 1st post:

IMPORTANT: Recent dev builds have completely broken ambient animal behaviour as used in TPW ANIMALS. Please vote for this on the A3 feedback tracker

Edited by tpw