tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Hi, I have been getting a re-occurring problem which I am not sure if is TPW related exactly but I will explain and see if anyone can help. A few times now I have been shot and knocked over, a few seconds to get back on my feet and find that I am locked in to combat stance with my weapon raised. I can't run or lower my weapon it is locked in the up position. I have in this thread as it appears to happen when I get hit and knocked over. Any ideas?? I am not using any other ragdoll mod mod that would cause me to fall or get knocked over.

Hi, I have been getting a re-occurring problem which I am not sure if is TPW related exactly but I will explain and see if anyone can help. A few times now I have been shot and knocked over, a few seconds to get back on my feet and find that I am locked in to combat stance with my weapon raised. I can't run or lower my weapon it is locked in the up position. I have in this thread as it appears to happen when I get hit and knocked over. Any ideas?? I am not using any other ragdoll mod mod that would cause me to fall or get knocked over.

Also, the Hud appears even without carrying tactical glasses with the 1.40 update. ;)

I think I see what issue you are talking about. Your weapon will be locked in to that stance with it raised is due to TPW's being shot effect that you will breathe hard walking slowly with pain. The only way to get rid off it is to switch off related features in TPW config or just take some time to catch your breath after being knocked over or shot.

But the wpeapon locked in the up position might be the game's mechanism sake.

Edited by Hsiulung

Glad you're still liking it mate, so am I :)

Re exclusion, probably the better way is via triggers, as per this on the first post:

well there you have it.... as i am getting older and older i start missing stuff, never thought of using the triggers as area's :( (i realy need to get me some beautiful girl to help me out with reading (she can sit on my lap while reading :P ) )

I think I see what issue you are talking about. Your weapon will be locked in to that stance with it raised is due to TPW's being shot effect that you will breathe hard walking slowly with pain. The only way to get rid off it is to switch off related features in TPW config or just take some time to catch your breath after being knocked over or shot.

But the wpeapon locked in the up position might be the game's mechanism sake.

That sounds about right, next time i will try and wait it out to see what happens. If it does not unlock the stance then ill disable the feature. Thanks.

That sounds about right, next time i will try and wait it out to see what happens. If it does not unlock the stance then ill disable the feature. Thanks.

You are welcome! I am glad it helped.:)

Lots of these ones springing up with the latest stable version:

19:02:41 Error in expression <_upX = _k * _x; _upY = _k * _y; _round setVectorDirAndUp [_vDir, [_upX,_upY,_up>
19:02:41   Error position: <setVectorDirAndUp [_vDir, [_upX,_upY,_up>
19:02:41   Error Type Number,Not a Number, expected Number
19:02:41 File tmr_smallarms_recoil\init.sqf, line 133

Might be worth saving your effort until the DLC comes out and things settle. :)

Lots of these ones springing up with the latest stable version:

19:02:41 Error in expression <_upX = _k * _x; _upY = _k * _y; _round setVectorDirAndUp [_vDir, [_upX,_upY,_up>
19:02:41   Error position: <setVectorDirAndUp [_vDir, [_upX,_upY,_up>
19:02:41   Error Type Number,Not a Number, expected Number
19:02:41 File tmr_smallarms_recoil\init.sqf, line 133

Might be worth saving your effort until the DLC comes out and things settle. :)

Hi mate

Those are Taosenai Modular REalism errors, not TPW MODS. However I'm inclined to agree with you, each new update seems to be breaking more and more stuff

Hi mate

Those are Taosenai Modular REalism errors, not TPW MODS. However I'm inclined to agree with you, each new update seems to be breaking more and more stuff

Hah, how embarrassing! Brainsplosion detected. :)

Hi tpw, I have a suggestion for TPW_HUD:

how about having an option that plays the "click" sound after seeing an enemy, but only once? The constant clicks get on my nerves quickly when there's like, 20 enemies.

Thank you for making this mod but, if i put the mod in the arma 3 folder it works. If I start my game it works, but if I restart my game for activating the mod it saids Can't find userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp but that file is in the folder.

Arma 3 version=Latest on 14-03-2015

Mod version=v20150222

Playing in=SP

I hope you can help me thank you for making this mod but i also want to play him :D.

Inside the download there has to be an userconfig folder with a TPW_Mods folder inside. Inside the Arma 3 root directory there should be such an userconfig folder, if not then simply copy the Userconfig folder from @TPW_Mods and paste it into your Arma3 root directory. Then you are good to go.

...does TPW work with the latest BI update? What I mean is I know it works but are there issues that can arise so that I do not blame any other mods I may have running? I have it disabled for the time being but boy it feels lonely out here!

Thanks much

I was curious if there was a way to modify it so that AI dont go prone at close range? I love the idea of them lowering their aim skill, but it seems silly when they try to crawl away 50m when its obvious they will get hit. Im not sure how realistic that is. Also if its possible could it be done in Arma 2's version as well?

...does TPW work with the latest BI update? What I mean is I know it works but are there issues that can arise so that I do not blame any other mods I may have running? I have it disabled for the time being but boy it feels lonely out here!

Thanks much

As any modder knows, Arma can be a bit of a moving target when it comes to keeping mods working. Arma is undergoing a lot of fundamental changes at the moment so it is more of an issue than usual. Not that I'm complaining - I'd rather the game improve at engine level.

As far as I can tell most of TPW MODS seems to be working as intended.

There are some issues at the moment though, related to TPW SKIRMISH where spawning of combatant squads sometimes seems to crash the game. I'd highly advise you to disable SKIRMISH. Believe me I'm looking into it.

EDIT: It appears that using ASDG Joint Rails uncut breaks createvehicle with the later dev builds. Disabling ASDG Joint Rails eliminates the crashes in TPW MODS.

Edited by tpw

I was curious if there was a way to modify it so that AI dont go prone at close range? I love the idea of them lowering their aim skill, but it seems silly when they try to crawl away 50m when its obvious they will get hit. Im not sure how realistic that is. Also if its possible could it be done in Arma 2's version as well?

Are you talking about going prone when suppressed? The later dev builds actually have close bullet suppression built in. If you are on a later dev build then I suggest disabling TPW EBS.

Are you talking about going prone when suppressed? The later dev builds actually have close bullet suppression built in. If you are on a later dev build then I suggest disabling TPW EBS.

Oh Really? Damn, thats awesome if they are adding suppresion. Well what about arma 2's version? ( I know its outdated but I still like to play it for CWR2 and I44)

Oh Really? Damn, thats awesome if they are adding suppresion. Well what about arma 2's version? ( I know its outdated but I still like to play it for CWR2 and I44)

I haven't done A2 coding for several years!

I haven't done A2 coding for several years!

Ah, sorry to ask about that. lol

I'm with you on this.

Much as I admire and enjoy the many improvements that A3 has brought over A2, I think that its near-future setting pales in comparison to the contemporary, cold war (60s & 80s) and ww2 content that developed by the community for A2, not to mention the COOP campaigns.

So TPW, any dusting of your A2 coding gloves, would be very appreciated.

I'm with you on this.

Much as I admire and enjoy the many improvements that A3 has brought over A2, I think that its near-future setting pales in comparison to the contemporary, cold war (60s & 80s) and ww2 content that developed by the community for A2, not to mention the COOP campaigns.

So TPW, any dusting of your A2 coding gloves, would be very appreciated.

What I really meant to say is that Ollem took over the development of A2 suppression stuff - TPWCAS. I'm pretty sure it will be configurable to do what you want in A2.

What I really meant to say is that Ollem took over the development of A2 suppression stuff - TPWCAS. I'm pretty sure it will be configurable to do what you want in A2.

Yep, current version is 5.5 and works a treat. ASR_AI and TPWCAS are always loaded when I play A2/CO missions & campaigns.

So if BI is making their own suppression system. Will ebs be modified or just discontinued for A3?

So if BI is making their own suppression system. Will ebs be modified or just discontinued for A3?

Neither. I'm just going to leave it as is, and if people want to use EBS on top of the native suppression they are welcome to. EBS does things that the native implementation doesn't, such as ducking under friendly fire, finding cover etc. Personally I just use bCombat and native suppression for the most realistic experience.

Can we get this awesome duo added to the TPW Fog climate list? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?189794-Terrain-Pack-Lost-Island-Lost-Island-Winter

Will do, sure looks impressive.