tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Hmmn, in that case I'm having an unrelated problem.

I have now installed the mod both manually and with the .bat, performing a clean wipe each time. CBA is latest version.

But TPW_FALL is broken and I don't get a mod startup pop-up when starting a game, despite what my .hpp file says.

But TPW has always worked flawlessly in the past. I can't imagine what's wrong. Maybe the new dev build broke something?

TPW MODS 20150222: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20150222.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.44] Reduced incidence of goggle checking to improve efficiency. HUD will also be displayed if wearing CSAT tactical helmets - but not in Farsi...

[TPW FALL] Replaced missing pbo necessary for ragdolling.

Please disable TPW EBS if using dev build 1.41.129406 or later, BIS has finally implemented engine level close bullet suppression.

Sorry maturin, I managed to lose the pbo responsible for ragdolling falls in the last release. It's back again and working. Thanks for the heads up!

Please disable TPW EBS if using dev build 1.41.129406 or later, BIS has finally implemented engine level close bullet suppression.

Isn't engine-level bullet supression only available in the dev branch? AFAIK 1.38 "stable" doesn't have this so either EBS or TPWCAS is required.

So I need some sort of third party software to run the .jar? Of course I can't run the .jar if I don't have the program.

Is the mod still designed to function with a manually-edited .hpp file?

Well the JVM is installed by default on pretty much every computer out there, and is close to necessary for a lot of websites.

Yay!

So I need some sort of third party software to run the .jar? Of course I can't run the .jar if I don't have the program.

Open up control panel and you should see an entry for "Java (32-bit)" - 32-bit works on 64-bit systems but the 64-bit version doesn't on my Win7 Pro64 - if not, open Programs & Features & you should see something like "Java 8 update 31" which is the current version. If there's nothing there you'll have to install it. When you have you can use the icon in Control Panel to launch the Java console & set things like autoupdate, whether or not the browser may use Java (not the same as javascript!) and security levels (I use "very high").

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

The config .hpp no longer formats correctly in Notepad.

Don't use Notepad for editing ArmA files. If you have linewrap turned on it saves files with an extra space wherever it wrapped a line & so nicely breaks the code. (In fact, don't use it at all).

Get Notepad ++ (for which there are user-made plugins for SQF command highlighting) or Poseidon (see A3 user-made tools forum).

Sorry maturin, I managed to lose the pbo responsible for ragdolling falls in the last release. It's back again and working. Thanks for the heads up!

Great! I can confirm that it's working.

The return of the annotated config file is helpful too. You might want to rename it to make it clear that is is just a dummy/example file, and that editing it will have no effect.

Isn't engine-level bullet supression only available in the dev branch? AFAIK 1.38 "stable" doesn't have this so either EBS or TPWCAS is required.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

@tpw - thanks for the annotated .hpp file - I much prefer it and was not having fun sorting through the mangled Java one.

tpw, have you had time to look into the AI commandeering issue I mentioned in #2729? I know such things can be hard to verify if the report is not precise enough. So please let me know if I can provide any additional information on the subject.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@tpw

Hi mate, sorry if this has been asked, just didn't fancy going through 200+ pages. Anyway, i was playing the excellent and extremely addictive Pilgrimage by Rydygier and of course using tpw mods, when i noticed a car vanish right in front of me upon reaching a waypoint. Is there a way you could make the cars not disappear when within a certain distance from player as it looked kind of odd. Thought the aliens had abducted the car and it's occupants. :D

To be honest i didn't think they even disappeared, i thought their waypoints were looped, back and forth etc! I'm sure it's your mod as the only vehicle related mod i'm using is refined vehicles. But hey, what do i know? Apologies if it isn't. ;)

I agree, Law-Giver.

Knowing that I could loot a medkit from a civilian car, I shot out an Offroad's tires from around 200m away. The driver bailed, and I ran forward to claim my prize. But before either I or the driver had taken a dozen steps, car and driver vanished before my eyes. This is very typical.

I've also started playing around with the skirmish module a bit. I suggest removing the attack helicopters from Blufor's support, because a pair of them show up every few minutes and wreck absolutely everything. Even if OPFOR has AA vehicles and half a dozen MANPADS. There's not much point playing when all the enemies are slaughtered with 30mm before you ever see them.

Edited by maturin

@tpw

Hi mate, sorry if this has been asked, just didn't fancy going through 200+ pages. Anyway, i was playing the excellent and extremely addictive Pilgrimage by Rydygier and of course using tpw mods, when i noticed a car vanish right in front of me upon reaching a waypoint. Is there a way you could make the cars not disappear when within a certain distance from player as it looked kind of odd. Thought the aliens had abducted the car and it's occupants. :D

To be honest i didn't think they even disappeared, i thought their waypoints were looped, back and forth etc! I'm sure it's your mod as the only vehicle related mod i'm using is refined vehicles. But hey, what do i know? Apologies if it isn't. ;)

Hmm, strange. Cars are on looped waypoints and if you don't leave an area they should drive around it forever. Cars shouldn't vanish before your eyes, there's line of sight check to ensure they don't. I will go back over the code with a microscope and see what's going on.

Maturin, I might make the support stuff modular, so you can specify what support BLUFOR can call.

Hmm, strange. Cars are on looped waypoints and if you don't leave an area they should drive around it forever. Cars shouldn't vanish before your eyes, there's line of sight check to ensure they don't. I will go back over the code with a microscope and see what's going on.

Appreciated tpw, but remember it could be ALIENS!!!!! :D

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, until you mentioned farsi I didn't think about it. Hey! I demand realism! :P just joking :) many thanks dear sir

still liking this mod a lot and i asked for the Civilian exclusion area's in the begin fase of the mod, you included the Civilian exclusion objects (thank you for listening :) ) yet i find it hard to blacklist area's this way (often i still see cars and animals and civilians running / driving around on runways / bases etc) . is there a option to include certain marker area's where nothing spawns (animals / civs / cars the same way the exclusion objects but then in marker form (the marker dissapears after initilisation) to have only the airport civilian free i would need 9 objects to complete that (or i need to be doing something very very very wrong)

Hi TPW,

as long as your going to mess around with the skirmish feature anyways, any way you can add to it? for example allow support to be called from all sides, add a third faction selection as opposed to just blufor and opfor and the possibility of adding more then just motorized vehicles like tanks and apcs. Would love for the skirmish feature to be more modular.

This one is a stretch as I don't think its the direction your heading with your mod, but implementing something like an UPSMON higher AI to the mix would be awsome, I don't know if its possible to make an invisible marker following the player to be the UPSMON zone. Just wishful thinking something like this would make this mod the only one I ever need.

Anyways just a suggestion, love the mod and I appreciate all the work you have put into it as I only play single player

still liking this mod a lot and i asked for the Civilian exclusion area's in the begin fase of the mod, you included the Civilian exclusion objects (thank you for listening :) ) yet i find it hard to blacklist area's this way (often i still see cars and animals and civilians running / driving around on runways / bases etc) . is there a option to include certain marker area's where nothing spawns (animals / civs / cars the same way the exclusion objects but then in marker form (the marker dissapears after initilisation) to have only the airport civilian free i would need 9 objects to complete that (or i need to be doing something very very very wrong)

Glad you're still liking it mate, so am I :)

Re exclusion, probably the better way is via triggers, as per this on the first post:

Assigning TPW MODS to different parts of a map

The following variables can be used to activate/inactivate the various TPW MODS ambient life behaviours whilst the game is running:

tpw_animal_active = true/false

tpw_boat_active = true/false

tpw_car_active = true/false

tpw_civ_active = true/false

tpw_houselights_active = true/false

tpw_park_active = true/false

tpw_radio_active = true/false

tpw_skirmish_active = true/false

tpw_streetlights_active = true/false

For example, setting tpw_animal_active=false in the debug shell will prevent new animals from spawning (but won't remove existing animals). This behaviour can be automated using triggers. Let's say you want to exclude all ambient life stuff from a 5km x 5km northeast corner of Altis. In the editor create a rectangular 5000x5000 trigger (but of course it can be any shape, size and angle you require), place it over the appropriate northeast area of the map, and set it thusly:

Type: None

Activation: BLUFOR, repeatedly,present

Condition: vehicle player in thislist && time > 10;

On act. : tpw_animal_active = false;tpw_boat_active=false;tpw_car_active = false;tpw_civ_active = false;tpw_houselights_active = false;tpw_park_active = false;tpw_radio_active = false;tpw_skirmish_active = false;tpw_streetlights_active = false

On dea. : tpw_animal_active = true;tpw_boat_active=true;tpw_car_active = true;tpw_civ_active = true;tpw_houselights_active = true;tpw_park_active = true;tpw_radio_active = true;tpw_skirmish_active = true;tpw_streetlights_active = true

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:44 ----------

Hi TPW,

as long as your going to mess around with the skirmish feature anyways, any way you can add to it? for example allow support to be called from all sides, add a third faction selection as opposed to just blufor and opfor and the possibility of adding more then just motorized vehicles like tanks and apcs. Would love for the skirmish feature to be more modular.

This one is a stretch as I don't think its the direction your heading with your mod, but implementing something like an UPSMON higher AI to the mix would be awsome, I don't know if its possible to make an invisible marker following the player to be the UPSMON zone. Just wishful thinking something like this would make this mod the only one I ever need.

Anyways just a suggestion, love the mod and I appreciate all the work you have put into it as I only play single player

Thanks for the kind words and the suggestions. I'm a bit hesitant to expand skirmish to a full automated battlefield, not because I'm lazy (probable) but mainly because there are so many better systems available to do it already. I do like the idea of modularity though. Leave it with me and I'll see what I can come up with.

A suggestion regarding radios in the houses: as for my taste, density is too high, making it even tiring in bigger towns sometimes. So how about making amount of houses broadcasting music around (or chance for it) customizable? Simpliest may be making tpw_radio_house accepting any value between 0 and 1, where 1 is max (eg current default), and 0 is 0 (unless it is such already? :) ). Are those radios checked for daytime? Sometime I hear lots of them in the very early morning, like 5 am, so maybe also daytime could play bigger role here? Another thing could be diversification of volume level, but I know, it's not so easy and requires multiplying samples configs, one per volume level for each song.

EDIT: also one minor thing about HUD: both, I and my subordinate are wearing tactical glasses and my subordinate is switchable. After I switched to it, then back, I can see "x" movement vector aiming mark for his icon which, I believe, wasn't there before switching - now, when he is following me that mark floates just in front of my face sometimes. :)

Edited by Rydygier

Guys sry if this was answered before, but as far i can understand to activate RHS friendly units in TPW i only need to put their faction classname right? in this case would be "rhs_faction_usarmy_d" ??? i am right?

Guys sry if this was answered before, but as far i can understand to activate RHS friendly units in TPW i only need to put their faction classname right? in this case would be "rhs_faction_usarmy_d" ??? i am right?

Not quite. You have to put a common string present in all of the faction you want. To enable TPW SKIRMISH with RHS Russians vs RHS US forces:

tpw_skirmish_active = 1; // 1 = inactive
tpw_skirmish_enemysquad_max = 5; // Maximum number of enemy squads around player
tpw_skirmish_enemyvehicles_max = 2; // Maximum number of enemy vehicles around player
tpw_skirmish_friendlysquad_max = 5; // Maximum number of friendly squads around player
tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehicles_max = 2; // Maximum number of friendly vehicles around player
tpw_skirmish_minspawnradius = 500; // Minimum distance from player to spawn units/vehicles
tpw_skirmish_maxspawnradius = 2000; // Maximum distance from player to spawn units/vehicles. Units/vehicles deleted beyond this distance
tpw_skirmish_support = 1; // NATO units can call support
tpw_skirmish_friendlytype = 0; //  0 = user defined, 1 = NATO, 2 = FIA, 3 = AAF,
tpw_skirmish_enemytype = 0; // 0 = user defined, 1 = CAF Aggressors (CAF_AG), 2 = CSAT, 3 = AAF, 4 = CSAT modification project (CMP) arid, 5 = CMP semiarid, 6 = CMP urban, 7 = ISIS (mixed CAF_AG with shemags), 8 = ISIS 2035 (CSAT + CAF_AG clothing + shemags) 
tpw_skirmish_spawntime = 10;  // Time (sec) between spawning each enemy/friendly squad/vehicle
tpw_skirmish_friendlyunitstring = "_ocp_"; // Custom string to select friendly units from config
tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehiclestring = "rhsusf_"; // Custom string to select friendly vehicles from config
tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring = "_msv_"; // Custom string to select enemy units from config
tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring = "rhs_"; // Custom string to select enemy vehicles from config

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

A suggestion regarding radios in the houses: as for my taste, density is too high, making it even tiring in bigger towns sometimes. So how about making amount of houses broadcasting music around (or chance for it) customizable? Simpliest may be making tpw_radio_house accepting any value between 0 and 1, where 1 is max (eg current default), and 0 is 0 (unless it is such already? :) ). Are those radios checked for daytime? Sometime I hear lots of them in the very early morning, like 5 am, so maybe also daytime could play bigger role here? Another thing could be diversification of volume level, but I know, it's not so easy and requires multiplying samples configs, one per volume level for each song.

EDIT: also one minor thing about HUD: both, I and my subordinate are wearing tactical glasses and my subordinate is switchable. After I switched to it, then back, I can see "x" movement vector aiming mark for his icon which, I believe, wasn't there before switching - now, when he is following me that mark floates just in front of my face sometimes. :)

No worries Ryd I can easily implement a percentage of houses playing variable. There should be no music between 2300-0500.

I'll have a look at the HUD code and see if I can replicate your issue.

does this latest ver. still work fine with 1.40 update right now?