tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

There is no RPT entry, it stays empty. But here are some repro steps for you.

Place the 120mm Merkava Blufor tank in the Editor

Get into the gunner position

Switch the ammo to HE

fire a shot at something

Result: The point of impact gets the crater overlay but no visible explosion effect can be seen.

Happens as soon as you load TPW_Mods together with Blastcore, even if you disable all TPW modules. It has to be some conflict between Blastcore and the TPW core functions

Thanks mate, that's very helpful info. I'll have a look at it this weekend.

Result: The point of impact gets the crater overlay but no visible explosion effect can be seen.

Nice find, Tonci. I was about to start troubleshooting that one myself. :)

There is no RPT entry, it stays empty. But here are some repro steps for you.

Place the 120mm Merkava Blufor tank in the Editor

Get into the gunner position

Switch the ammo to HE

fire a shot at something

Happens as soon as you load TPW_Mods together with Blastcore, even if you disable all TPW modules. It has to be some conflict between Blastcore and the TPW core functions

I tested this a bit last night. It only seems to happen with the HE-T rounds and the round still does damage, but no visible sign of the blast other than the mark on the ground.

Hmm I'm not sure what's going on here. I fired up the game with TPW MODS and Blastcore enabled, jumped in various Merkavas, and every round I shot raised various smoke and particles.

The only possible thing I can think of is that the something in TPW EBS is interfering. What happens if you remove flay.pbo and ebs.pbo? There is a possibility that the invisible shell objects or configs are causing issues. There's nothing else in the rest of my code that addresses projectiles.

"Layered in default BIS explosion noises so that when using DragonFyre closer explosions are more percussive and less muffled"

Im assuming all that is needed for this very welcome effect to work is for "Skirmish" to be active. I have it on but don't seem to notice a difference in explosion sounds. Mortars, howitzers and rockets placed in Zues still sound way too muffled for the distance. Do other units need to be spawned through skirmish for it to be enabled? I have skirmish on but currently set everything to 0 (enemy squads, friendly vehicles, ect).

"Layered in default BIS explosion noises so that when using DragonFyre closer explosions are more percussive and less muffled"

Im assuming all that is needed for this very welcome effect to work is for "Skirmish" to be active. I have it on but don't seem to notice a difference in explosion sounds. Mortars, howitzers and rockets placed in Zues still sound way too muffled for the distance. Do other units need to be spawned through skirmish for it to be enabled? I have skirmish on but currently set everything to 0 (enemy squads, friendly vehicles, ect).

Sorry SouthernSmoke, it only affects those explosions (HE, CAS and UAV support) called by AI using SKIRMISH. If I could think of a way to do it for all explosions without crippling the CPU I'd pass the code straight to Jarhead!

Hmm I'm not sure what's going on here. I fired up the game with TPW MODS and Blastcore enabled, jumped in various Merkavas, and every round I shot raised various smoke and particles.

The only possible thing I can think of is that the something in TPW EBS is interfering. What happens if you remove flay.pbo and ebs.pbo? There is a possibility that the invisible shell objects or configs are causing issues. There's nothing else in the rest of my code that addresses projectiles.

Don´t forgett that you have to use HE rounds for the Bug to occur.

I removed ebs.pbo and the particle effects are back, so something inside that PBO is conflicting with Blastcore

Don´t forgett that you have to use HE rounds for the Bug to occur.

I removed ebs.pbo and the particle effects are back, so something inside that PBO is conflicting with Blastcore

I thought as much. If you don't use the "shell based" suppression of TPW EBS then you can safely remove this pbo, it won't affect the rest of the mods.

The shell based suppression is the result of some truly excellent work from Das Attorney, and required some changes to ammo configs to make rounds interact (or not) with the suppression shell.

class Sh_120mm_HE: ShellBase { 
       explosive = 1; 
       hitdefault[] = {"soundHitSuppressionObject1", 1}; 
       soundHitSuppressionObject1[] = {"", 0, 1, 1}; 
       class HitEffects { 
           HitSuppressionObject = "ImpactSuppressionObject"; 
       }; 
   }; 

Anyway, shell based suppression is disabled by default so if you don't use it, remove ebs.pbo and yopu're golden.

Wow, I feel like an idiot as I just found out about this mod a few days ago. I can't believe I've been playing Arma 3 this whole time without it. Feels like a completely new game. Oh well, at least by now its matured a bit.

Question: If I wanted to use an AI mod in conjunction with this, such as bcombat, FFIS, etc. (just found out about those too), all I would need to do is disable EBS?

Hi tpw, can the tpw_cars script be modified to spawn only CSAT autonomous vehicles?

I thought as much. If you don't use the "shell based" suppression of TPW EBS then you can safely remove this pbo, it won't affect the rest of the mods.

The shell based suppression is the result of some truly excellent work from Das Attorney, and required some changes to ammo configs to make rounds interact (or not) with the suppression shell.

class Sh_120mm_HE: ShellBase { 
       explosive = 1; 
       hitdefault[] = {"soundHitSuppressionObject1", 1}; 
       soundHitSuppressionObject1[] = {"", 0, 1, 1}; 
       class HitEffects { 
           HitSuppressionObject = "ImpactSuppressionObject"; 
       }; 
   }; 

Anyway, shell based suppression is disabled by default so if you don't use it, remove ebs.pbo and yopu're golden.

Im not sure about that lads,as i have always had EBS uninstalled,only mods/sounds/music PBOs in folder and i still have no HE FX.Its only a minor issue for me personally but just thought id point it out.

Wow, I feel like an idiot as I just found out about this mod a few days ago. I can't believe I've been playing Arma 3 this whole time without it. Feels like a completely new game. Oh well, at least by now its matured a bit.

Question: If I wanted to use an AI mod in conjunction with this, such as bcombat, FFIS, etc. (just found out about those too), all I would need to do is disable EBS?

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: thanks for the kind feedback l337acc, and yes you can indeed use bCombat (I do all the time) by disabling EBS.

Hi tpw, can the tpw_cars script be modified to spawn only CSAT autonomous vehicles?

Absolutely e-o.

Look for line 43 _civcarlist = [....]; JKust replace the vehicle classnames with the classname for CSAT UGVs.

Im not sure about that lads,as i have always had EBS uninstalled,only mods/sounds/music PBOs in folder and i still have no HE FX.Its only a minor issue for me personally but just thought id point it out.

Well @#$#%. I'd hoped the Tonci87 fix was it. I'll keep looking...

Absolutely e-o.

Look for line 43 _civcarlist = [....]; JKust replace the vehicle classnames with the classname for CSAT UGVs.

Hi tpw, i replaced the classnames in the civcarlist with the CSAT UGV'S classnames, I ran the script along with tpw_core script....but no luck....

Any suggestions as to why i ain't getting a result:confused:

Hi tpw, i replaced the classnames in the civcarlist with the CSAT UGV'S classnames, I ran the script along with tpw_core script....but no luck....

Any suggestions as to why i ain't getting a result:confused:

When you say you don't get a result do you mean you see no traffic at all? or do you still see normal vehicles? Or do you spawn UGVs but they don't drive anywhere? TPW CARS will try to spawn civilians into the UGV, I wonder if this is causing issues.

When you say you don't get a result do you mean you see no traffic at all? or do you still see normal vehicles? Or do you spawn UGVs but they don't drive anywhere? TPW CARS will try to spawn civilians into the UGV, I wonder if this is causing issues.

Yeah sorry tpw, shoulda provided more info in my original post....Yes, changing classnames to the UGV's produces NO traffic,

I think the fact the vehicles are autonomous is the problem.....those civvies just can't hitch a ride!!:)

Hey tpw .. Awesome mod. I love how I can just place a squad in the editor and just play!

Quick questions

1. Is it possible to add a random suicide bomber/ied/ random armed civilians/suicide car bomber ...this would really make you look twice when a civ walks by

2. Add in ability to move wounded soldiers

Thanks

I seemed to find out an interesting bug that if you placed a teammate, pointing your gun in his chest and take a shot, lets see how come after one or two shots you got killed by yourself.

Hey tpw .. Awesome mod. I love how I can just place a squad in the editor and just play!

Quick questions

1. Is it possible to add a random suicide bomber/ied/ random armed civilians/suicide car bomber ...this would really make you look twice when a civ walks by

2. Add in ability to move wounded soldiers

Thanks

Hi ballinscbirth

1 - certainly possible. There are a number of suicide bomber scripts available if you can't be bother waiting for me to do it.

2 - probably outside the scope of my mods. Again, there are several first aid mods/scripts that should fit the bill.

I seemed to find out an interesting bug that if you placed a teammate, pointing your gun in his chest and take a shot, lets see how come after one or two shots you got killed by yourself.

Got to say I've never seen this. If I shoot on of my squad several times then the other will shoot me. That's a game engine thing.

Got to say I've never seen this. If I shoot on of my squad several times then the other will shoot me. That's a game engine thing.

After that I disabled your mods and totally solved my problem. I assume that might be the FALL's ragdoll animation giving me a punch when teammate being knocked down. However What made that strange having your mods enabled (Bleedout, EBS, FALL) was no issue when shot at friendly AI from 5 meters or more.

Additional, I was using AISS AI mod, this might change the friendly AI not shooting at me.

Conclusion, having your mods enabled when I shot at AI right near him would get killed because I didn't hear any gunshot or bullet hit me.

After that I disabled your mods and totally solved my problem. I assume that might be the FALL's ragdoll animation giving me a punch when teammate being knocked down. However What made that strange having your mods enabled (Bleedout, EBS, FALL) was no issue when shot at friendly AI from 5 meters or more.

Additional, I was using AISS AI mod, this might change the friendly AI not shooting at me.

Conclusion, having your mods enabled when I shot at AI right near him would get killed because I didn't hear any gunshot or bullet hit me.

Ah, I think I see the problem. For ragdolls an invisible object is spawned above the unit and then collided with it to force it to fall. You might be close enough to be hit by the object. What happens if you turn off ragdolling in the TPW_MODS.hpp?

Ah, I think I see the problem. For ragdolls an invisible object is spawned above the unit and then collided with it to force it to fall. You might be close enough to be hit by the object. What happens if you turn off ragdolling in the TPW_MODS.hpp?

Yes, you are right, it is the problem with the ragdolling. I can get used to it since I've used ur mod for quite a long time. Thanks a lot!

Hello. Which mods from this work multiplayer and are they client or server side ? Thank you

Read the first post truffleshuffle.

@Gliptal

@Pvt. Partz: does the GUI still not work for you?

Yes it works perfectly, thanks!

I was researching through this thread about how and what other mods are compatible with TPW. My main concern is conflicting AI mods and how to allow them to all work together. I have bcombat which I was reading here to disable EBS in the UI and I also use ASR_AI3 but I don't know if they all basically do the same thing. Is there a post anywhere that lays out instructions for using similar mods either here in this thread (it's so long, lol) or anywhere in the forums?

Thanks

Awesome mod i love it! :)

Only one question, in the new ArmA 3 Trailer you can see sharks. Spawns this mod sharks at water? :) Because it spawns other animals like chickens and goats. Or must i place them by myself? :)