tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Actually it does read "auto-update" in the installer, that may have been a poor choice of words by my part. What I meant was to,"automatically update the existing version with this new one you just downloaded". I'll change it with the next version.

Sorry if I sounded harsh before, I've been under a bit of stress these last few days.

Yay!

Take a break & have a glass or two of grappa :)

Your javascript work on this & bcombat is much appreciated mate.

Absolutely love the HUD, excellent work. Tactical glasses added on inventory off works best for me, everytime it happens that I'm playing a scenario with the tactical glasses it's just a joy.

About FALL: There is a nasty game bug that makes the first person camera not move correctly with the head when you're ragdolling, it's especially noticeable with this mod since being in ragdoll state is more common. Seeing the inside of your neck is getting quite bothersome, is there any chance you could fix it? Bohemia tried to resolve it but they failed. They made the camera go down in every occasion when in ragdoll state, even if your character dies while his head faces the sky (therefore leading to seeing your neck).

Edited by FrankHH

.....I have copied Gliptols latest UI release but for some reason I can no longer open the UI. I have resorted back to the prior .jar and.hpp . Can anyone think why this might be the case?

Thanks

Could you please copy the contents of error.log you can find in the same folder as the .jar?

Yay!

TPW MODS 20150126: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20150126.zip

Changes:

[TPW SETTINGS 2.0] Improved settings manager - thanks Gliptal.

[FOG 1.27] Added Helvantis to climate list.

[CORE 1.11] Added Helvantis to civilian region list.

[sKIRMISH 1.19] Layered in default BIS explosion noises so that when using DragonFyre closer explosions are more percussive and less muffled.

[HUD 1.43] Zero divisor errors squashed.

Hi all.

Sorry about the couple of months of relative inactivity. Family issues combined with a periodic lack of interest in Arma (all you modders know what I'm talking about). Anyway I'm tentatively back in the saddle and gradually working my way through the bugs and feature requests, so all of you that have submitted them, please be patient

The biggest change in this release is a change to the handling of spawned explosions in TPW SKIRMISH so that they sound a little punchier when using LJ's awesome new DragonFyre sound mod. DragonFyre has vastly improved distant explosion sounds, but engine issues cause spawned explosions to always sound distant. I've compensated for this by causing SKIRMISH explosions to layer on the much more percussive BIS default explosion over the DragonFyre one. Distant >500m explosions will sound like DragonFyre, closer ones will sound progressively louder and more like default.

Happy Australia Day, if you're of the Australian persuasion.

Hey mate, happy Aus day!

Love the mod always use it.

Just one request, I've recently made the switch from caf agressors to Leights op for pack and I wondering if you culd make an optional config that uses leights imported models for the civ units instead of caf.

Keep up the good work!

Hey mate, happy Aus day!

Love the mod always use it.

Just one request, I've recently made the switch from caf agressors to Leights op for pack and I wondering if you culd make an optional config that uses leights imported models for the civ units instead of caf.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers Jordo, will be in the next release in a day or two.

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

Good on you for a 'straya day release - be sure to get appropriately merry on your end!

Too bloody hot!

Nice job tpw.

DragonFyre is out? I missed that.

Yay!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi TPW, I don't know why I shot at an AI teammate with MX rifle, he didn't fall down as the descriptions of your mod but just lying down and stood up in an instant when I tested in editor with this new version 20150126.

Is that due to the AGM mod I used?

Really great mod if you could help me to figure it out. Thanks.

Hi TPW, I don't know why I shot at an AI teammate with MX rifle, he didn't fall down as the descriptions of your mod but just lying down and stood up in an instant when I tested in editor with this new version 20150126.

Is that due to the AGM mod I used?

Really great mod if you could help me to figure it out. Thanks.

TPW FALL is working just fine as of 20150126. I think there are a few compatibility issues with AGM, mainly regarding animation. You can try removing animspeed.pbo from the TPW MODS installation and see if that helps you. Beyond that I'm out of ideas. TPW MODS (specifically TPW FALL) has been around a lot longer than AGM so I'd say the onus isn't on me to make it compatible.

TPW MODS (specifically TPW FALL) has been around a lot longer than AGM so I'd say the onus isn't on me to make it compatible.

Careful though, no one who's on the AGM wagon will stop using it because it causes trouble to TPW MODS. Specially not when AGM's target is MP realism units, and TPW MODS is mainly SP.

Careful though, no one who's on the AGM wagon will stop using it because it causes trouble to TPW MODS. Specially not when AGM's target is MP realism units, and TPW MODS is mainly SP.

Of course, and I'm in no way having a go at AGM (excellent work) or anyone else's mod for that matter. Anyone who's followed this thread knows that I try to make my suite of mods cooperate with others. But I do think that it's fair enough to comment when a mod in combination with mine causes issues, particularly if the mod in question was introduced later.

@Pvt. Partz: does the GUI still not work for you?

Yay!

Hi tpw, now that you're here (welcome back :cool:), I'd appreciate if you answered the question I posted here. (Post no. #2653)

Hi tpw, now that you're here (welcome back :cool:), I'd appreciate if you answered the question I posted here. (Post no. #2653)

Hi mate. I had a look at it but I'm not sure how I can do anything about it because as far as I know there's no way to direct the player's gaze by scripting. If I can come up with anything I'll let you know.

@tpw, is the latest version compatible with blastcore or does it still have that strange conflict?

@tpw, is the latest version compatible with blastcore or does it still have that strange conflict?

Hi Tonci87. Sorry, yet another bug report I let slip due to my apathy.

I play with Blastcore all the time and haven't noticed any issues, but then again I probably use a different subset of its effects than you do. Can you please send me the .rpt entry?

Hi TPW,

Just a query regarding your road map

Script version will over-ride/disable addon version

Does this mean there would be no need for any of the 3 required PBOs when using the scripts, or simply it overrides any settings if a player already uses @TPW, no biggie just curious, cheers.

Hi TPW,

Just a query regarding your road map

Does this mean there would be no need for any of the 3 required PBOs when using the scripts, or simply it overrides any settings if a player already uses @TPW, no biggie just curious, cheers.

No, there'll still be the requirement for those PBOs, since they've got some config level stuff. It's more of a case that if a script version of TPW MODS is running, it will disable the addon version for the duration. I'm still not quite sure how I'll do it though!

Hi Tonci87. Sorry, yet another bug report I let slip due to my apathy.

I play with Blastcore all the time and haven't noticed any issues, but then again I probably use a different subset of its effects than you do. Can you please send me the .rpt entry?

There is no RPT entry, it stays empty. But here are some repro steps for you.

Place the 120mm Merkava Blufor tank in the Editor

Get into the gunner position

Switch the ammo to HE

fire a shot at something

Result: The point of impact gets the crater overlay but no visible explosion effect can be seen.

Happens as soon as you load TPW_Mods together with Blastcore, even if you disable all TPW modules. It has to be some conflict between Blastcore and the TPW core functions