tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Is TPW LoS included in the SKIRMISH module?
No, it's a separate module.

Yay!

Does someone has any experience with installing FALL only on a dedicated server (and not on the clients of the connected players?).

Thanks for the explanation. So wouldn't it be better to install it only on the server?

Hey TPW,

I've been trying to trouble shoot a problem with AGM (Authentic Gameplay Modification) and it seams there is a definite conflict with the animspeed.pbo. From what I can gather the change in animation speed in a character movement is leading to a break in AGM's ability to sync up model anims that are commonly accessed by the AGM CfgMovesMaleSdr config. In short it leaves player and ai character stuck on the ground after receiving medical aid. It is new to AGM 95 & 95.1 versions.

Post Text Link

I thought I was the only one with the problem but it looks like there at least a few other teams that use TPW & AGM and they can't roll their servers up to the new AGM ver.

Is anything broken in TPW Mods if one removes the animspeeds.pbo? If not this may be a partial fix those of us that use both.

Thanks,

B

Hey TPW,

I've been trying to trouble shoot a problem with AGM (Authentic Gameplay Modification) and it seams there is a definite conflict with the animspeed.pbo. From what I can gather the change in animation speed in a character movement is leading to a break in AGM's ability to sync up model anims that are commonly accessed by the AGM CfgMovesMaleSdr config. In short it leaves player and ai character stuck on the ground after receiving medical aid. It is new to AGM 95 & 95.1 versions.

Post Text Link

I thought I was the only one with the problem but it looks like there at least a few other teams that use TPW & AGM and they can't roll their servers up to the new AGM ver.

Is anything broken in TPW Mods if one removes the animspeeds.pbo? If not this may be a partial fix those of us that use both.

Thanks,

B

Yeah you can just remove animspeed.pbo with no ill effects other than everyone walking too !@#$ing fast :)

No, it's a separate module.

Yay!

Do you mean EBS? If so, do you recommend leaving it activate when running in parallel with ASR AI?

Yeah you can just remove animspeed.pbo with no ill effects other than everyone walking too !@#$ing fast :)

Thanks for the workaround.

Why can we not simply disable the ANIMATIONS module in your clever Java-interface? (the checkbox next to ACTIVATE is greyed out)

Do you mean EBS? If so, do you recommend leaving it activate when running in parallel with ASR AI?
I have no experience with ASR AI, but generally speaking you should disable EBS when using AI mods.
Thanks for the workaround.

Why can we not simply disable the ANIMATIONS module in your clever Java-interface? (the checkbox next to ACTIVATE is greyed out)

Because you can't disable the module in the config file itself, since it uses #defines to set the values. To "disable" it you either have to input the default values (listed in the tooltips) or delete tjhe .pbo like tpw said.

I'll add this to the module's tooltip, and maybe add a button to the GUI to delete animspeed.pbo altoghether.

Yay!

I have no experience with ASR AI, but generally speaking you should disable EBS when using AI mods.

Because you can't disable the module in the config file itself, since it uses #defines to set the values. To "disable" it you either have to input the default values (listed in the tooltips) or delete tjhe .pbo like tpw said.

I'll add this to the module's tooltip, and maybe add a button to the GUI to delete animspeed.pbo altoghether.

Yay!

OK thanks for the confirmation and the explanation.

Deleting the PBO seems rather drastic.

If I want to disable a specific PBO , I simply move it to an adjacent folder.

That way, I can simply restore it (often useful when testing).

BTW I noticed in the "usage" section of your TPW page on github that you mention icons.

Does this refer to the display of an icon on the menu screen to confirm the activation of the TPW mod?

Could you quote the section you're talking about?

I have a completely rewritten README ready for 2.0.0 anyways, I realized the old one that is now on github isn't exactly well written.

Yay!

TPWCAS is now integrated in TPW_MODS as the EBS module

Is that statement true? Is TPWCAS superseded by EBS part of TPWMODS?

Finally, TPW SETTINGS 2.0.0

Main.png

Presets.png

Civs.png

Hud.png

ColorChooser.png

IconChooser.png

[2.0.0]

- code refactoring

- added log file (error.log)

- complete GUI overhaul

- rewritten tooltips

- rewritten README

- added hints window

- changed taskbar icon

I completely refactored the code, fixing a couple of bugs and most importantly the #defines trailing '/' issue. The new "error.log" file will catch any errors and should prove useful for future troubleshooting: it's always created, even if no errors are thrown, so don't worry if you see it. I had to fight against Java's awt to change the GUI look and feel, and I hope you like it more than before: I tried to achieve a flat look and I think I succeded, at least in some part. Tooltips and README have been completely rewritten to be more consistent, clear, and grammatically correct. The "?" button in the title frame opens a small window cointaining various hints or tips about the mod, randomly chosen: if you have any to share post them and I'll add them in with subsequent versions. I also changed the icon shown in the windows taskbar and in the upper left corner of each frame to some nice cogs; unfortunately I cannot change the .jar's icon because of limitations with Java itself.

Download of this new version is not necessary, but highly suggested.

Hope you like it. :D

Yay!

Is that statement true? Is TPWCAS superseded by EBS part of TPWMODS?

Absolutely not true. I contributed to TPWCAS some time ago but Ollem took over development when I had to bail from Arma for personal reasons. It's a very advanced and comprehensive system. TPW EBS is a simplified suppression system which I wrote as part of TPW MODS once I got back into things. It shares a few concepts with TPWCAS but no code, and depending on how it's configured relies on a completely different system for its bullet detection.

Personally, I tend to use the suppression in bCombat. Regardless of whether you use EBS/TPWCAS/bCombat, make sure you only run the one!

---------- Post added at 07:19 ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 ----------

Beautiful work Gliptal, molto bene grazie!

......I know I had the AI popping smoke pre restoration of W7 but now I cannot remember which mod it came from. I was sure it was TPW but I cannot get the AI to cooperate. Could I be mistaken and if so could anyone steer me in the right direction? I have duckduckgo'ed profusely.

Thanks

Download of this new version is not necessary.

Oh yes it is, downloading now! Nice job Gliptal. Me likes very much! ;)

Absolutely not true. I contributed to TPWCAS some time ago but Ollem took over development when I had to bail from Arma for personal reasons. It's a very advanced and comprehensive system. TPW EBS is a simplified suppression system which I wrote as part of TPW MODS once I got back into things. It shares a few concepts with TPWCAS but no code, and depending on how it's configured relies on a completely different system for its bullet detection.

Personally, I tend to use the suppression in bCombat. Regardless of whether you use EBS/TPWCAS/bCombat, make sure you only run the one!

---------- Post added at 07:19 ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 ----------

Beautiful work Gliptal, molto bene grazie!

TPW: My mistake then.

Is it also a mistake to assume that TPWCAS is not for Arma 3 but only for Operation Arrowhead?

Gliptal: great work it looks a lot clearer. I think that other mods would suffer a lot less issues if their configuration was this evident!

BTW the hyperlink entitled "Help" (in the top right-hand corner of Java interface) doesn't appear to work

Edited by domokun

TPW: My mistake then.

Is it also a mistake to assume that TPWCAS is not for Arma 3 but only for Operation Arrowhead?

Yes, it is a mistake! :) TPWCAS is A3 only.

OK my bad but to be fair:

a) the link provided earlier in this thread point to the OA version on Armaholic

b) the webpage for the A3 version on Armaholic has a link the relevant thread on BI forums (very good feature btw) which points to the OA version

c) the OA and A3 version co-existed in the same thread on BI forums for over 6 months before a thread dedicated to the A3 version was created

Before I read the 300+ posts, do TPW MOD users disable EBS when using TPWCAS?

OK my bad but to be fair:

a) the link provided earlier in this thread point to the OA version on Armaholic

b) the webpage for the A3 version on Armaholic has a link the relevant thread on BI forums (very good feature btw) which points to the OA version

c) the OA and A3 version co-existed in the same thread on BI forums for over 6 months before a thread dedicated to the A3 version was created

Before I read the 300+ posts, do TPW MOD users disable EBS when using TPWCAS?

Separate mods. You need to to disable one or the other.

OK, had a glitch this weekend. Spent 3 hours now, and found the problem was TPW.

The slowest walk animation is broken, which caused all AI (and Players) unable to patrol.

The AI wont move at all unless jog/run, etc., so they will not pursue, move, or hunt players!

Its updating automatically, which I would prefer it not. Since I never did anything on my

end, it took hours out of my weekend to realize it was an auto-update from TPW.

Is it possible to just remove and NOT use that auto-update thingy? I do not want to be

installing .bat and .exe files into the game itself. Makes me super nervous as it is. I want

to be able to go back and know what I just installed mod-wise, if there is a problem, so I

can fix/remove it quick and not lose an entire gaming weekend.

OR maybe include a Notification when it updates, so we know right away in-game perhaps?

OK, had a glitch this weekend. Spent 3 hours now, and found the problem was TPW.

The slowest walk animation is broken, which caused all AI (and Players) unable to patrol.

The AI wont move at all unless jog/run, etc., so they will not pursue, move, or hunt players!

Its updating automatically, which I would prefer it not. Since I never did anything on my

end, it took hours out of my weekend to realize it was an auto-update from TPW.

Is it possible to just remove and NOT use that auto-update thingy? I do not want to be

installing .bat and .exe files into the game itself. Makes me super nervous as it is. I want

to be able to go back and know what I just installed mod-wise, if there is a problem, so I

can fix/remove it quick and not lose an entire gaming weekend.

OR maybe include a Notification when it updates, so we know right away in-game perhaps?

I'm not exactly sure of what you mean by auto-updating.

First of all though, the walk animation may be caused by you not using the latest TPW SETTINGS 2.0.0, which is understandable since it's not embedded in tpw's package yet. If this was the case, remove the trailing '/' charachters from the #define section in the .hpp and download the new GUI using the link in my sign.

That said, there is no auto-updating feauture (as in one that downloads the latest version using your connection whenever you start the game): you still have to download each new version when it is released. The .bat installer simply moves automatically all files in the correct folders, updating the .hpp (and all presets if you use the GUI) with any new variables if needed. This is just for convenience since you can still move and edit your files manually, if you feel safer doing so. At any rate, the source code for the script is available on my github and I don't think there is nothing to feel super nervous about it.

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

Thanks for the clarification. Could of swore I read it was an auto-update mod. Sorry.

Then we were playing, and all of a sudden the walk animation quit working for all units. Both AI and human players. After hours of checking each and every mod, I found it was TPW. So I just assumed it was an auto-update from what I thought i had read, and then the game broke out of the blue. It was really weird. Sorry for the assumption. Would hate to lose this mod. Its a top must-have for us. Love it!

Must have misread the first post, saw it had those other files. And thought those files were doing the updating thing like what Steam does. Makes more sense now. Okay. Anyways, thanks a lot guys! Really amazing stuff.

Actually it does read "auto-update" in the installer, that may have been a poor choice of words by my part. What I meant was to,"automatically update the existing version with this new one you just downloaded". I'll change it with the next version.

Sorry if I sounded harsh before, I've been under a bit of stress these last few days.

Yay!

Any chance you could add a bleeding icon when the player is bleeding? Especially for when you don't have some kind of hud running which shows health, but either way I think it would be cool.

Any chance you could add a bleeding icon when the player is bleeding? Especially for when you don't have some kind of hud running which shows health, but either way I think it would be cool.

+1

Fantastic idea

hi to all,

is it possible to restrict areas from civilian present?

the problem is that cars with civs passing in the airport runway and that is not good for landings :)

also animals is on the airport . not good too.

thanks

Yes. See the docs folder. You can use Triggers to turn the options On and Off.