tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Are you sure? Map_vr was released by Bohemia a while ago, confusing when your file is missing^^ So if you own the Game and play online, your game is updating when the patches were released. Map_vr was released in mid Octobre, just curious that tpw_mods cant find it with 2 possible anwer:

1: you never updated your game since Octobre

2: buy a legal copy to have access to the map.

Are you sure? Map_vr was released by Bohemia a while ago, confusing when your file is missing^^ So if you own the Game and play online, your game is updating when the patches were released. Map_vr was released in mid Octobre, just curious that tpw_mods cant find it with 2 possible anwer:

1: you never updated your game since Octobre

2: buy a legal copy to have access to the map.

Why would TPW need Map_vr?

Dont know, when i am in VR the TPW_hud isnt active when i havent equipped the correct Glasses. When equip the correct Glasses TPW_Hud shows up. Maybe for this, i dont know ^^

So if @tibchele had an illegal copy, and hasn't VR map, then he wouldn't be trying to play on it, and TPW wouldn't need it.

I didnt say he has such copy. And starting Arma with a Launcher and loaded mods the Initialization will stop when a file is missing (especially when a file is missing in your \SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Addons directory) that is this Addons Folder which the Game creates when you install the game and you wouldnt even go past your desktop with a missing file

I have updated the game and now tps works. Sorry, but I'm a Newbie. I've tried the mod and the AI should find a cover before engage enemies. It would be a more realistic way to engage enemies, right?

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

It would be better. Would it be possible?

tpw's package has little to do with AI, you may want to try bCombat regarding that.

Yay!

Seba, your out of your element Donny.... he is not saying anything about TPW needing map_vr... he is saying that there are only a couple reasons why you wouldnt have that map.. either an illegal copy of the game or this person has not updated their client in a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time... tpw has nothing to do with this.. dont get confused...

@Tib; this is not the bcombat thread. i suggest you post that over there!!

Exactly, thank your Lordprimate. Thats why i mentioned about the "not updated account" nothing unusual when people stop playing Arma (due the lower frames) and come back again a few months later to check if there is a difference according the frames. In many cases the difference is hardcoded at 0% gain ^^

has someone an older tpw_mod as the actual Version from Github? On my log it throws a ton of Expression Errors which leads to massive stuttering over a period of 1-2 minutes.

Seba, your out of your element Donny....

LMAO :). "Big" references are always great, than you.

Thanks LSD, I will get my electron microscope out

Found more of this error in my rpt.log

Hope it helps to solve it :)

7:08:11 Error in expression < tpw_hud_nearunits select _cta;
_dist = _unit distance player;
if( !isNil "_unit>
7:08:11   Error position: <_unit distance player;
if( !isNil "_unit>
7:08:11   Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
7:08:11 File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 396
7:08:11 Error in expression <ts - 1) do 
{
_unit = tpw_hud_nearunits select _cta;
_dist = _unit distance play>
7:08:11   Error position: <select _cta;
7:08:11   Error Zero divisor
7:08:11 File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 395
7:08:11 Error in expression <ts - 1) do 
{
_unit = tpw_hud_nearunits select _cta;
7:08:11   Error position: <select _cta;
7:08:11   Error Zero divisor
7:08:11 File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 395

Greets

Anybody else have an issue with the Ambient Civs not spawning? I re-download the newest version of TPW off armaholic and made a few tweaks in the user config hpp (turned off the hud, ebs, boats) but I didn't mess with the Civs. Started up the editor like always and it doesn't say Civs on the start up hint and I don't get any ambient Civs or cars... I've tested several different maps, all of which used to work like a charm with different factions if ambient Civs. My steam is up to date with the latest version of arma. I've been using this mod since day one and love it. Not sure what what I'm doing wrong and I can't think of any other mod I've downloaded recently that would conflict with that feature...

Well I'm really stuck. I have used TPW for months and will never play Arma without it. I recently had a Windows dilemma and had to reinstall Windows and of coarse,......Arma. I downloaded the most recent version to my downloads folder on my desktop, extracted it and then proceeded to run the installer (batch file) through the four steps. It did confirm "complete" and I did end up with a java configurator on my desktop. I do have CBA 1.0.9.140907 RC4 . I use the Arma 3 Launcher and added the TPW mod (I also have a few others as well which all work great). I even see the logo at the opening screen of Arma, and it is activated in the configure area.

I don't know what more information is needed to help me to get this mod working.

Thanks!

Edited by chik

I'm not seeing any of the animals nor do I see/hear the aircraft flyovers like I did previously..... Also no watercraft.

Thank You Gliptal for taking the time to fix this for me!!!

FYI for others who find that TPW doesn't work, My fix was to begin using the Arma 3 Launcher (shortcut can be found in the root folder of Arma)

@tpw: Any chance you could use normal spaces instead of tabs in the #defines section? Sorry for this.

Yay!

I'm not seeing any of the animals nor do I see/hear the aircraft flyovers like I did previously..... Also no watercraft.

I am having the opposite problem. I have TPW Fall turned off for the player but on for AI. Since the last Arma update (1.36) I've had a couple of occasions when I have been shot and fallen to the floor and I thought I was dead. After a while I realise that I am still alive. Have BIS introduced their own version of TPW fall into vanilla?

Have BIS introduced their own version of TPW fall into vanilla?

Definitely not.

Definitely not.

I was hoping that the answer was yes. That means I have a problem. I will try verifying my game cache and a re-install of TPW mods and try it on it's own just in case another mod is conflicting, but there isn't anything running that should conflict with it.

EDIT: Verified the game cache and 1 file had to be re-downloaded.

Edited by alky_lee

Hi everyone

Sorry for the lack of action by me in the last few weeks (family and motivation issues), and thanks to Gliptal for tech support in my absence. I will be getting back on the horse after Christmas, and hope to implement a few improvements then.

Just started a new campaign but when i use TPW, AI characters (like Adams) stands still here and there therefore the game stop progressing. After i disable everything is working fine, any ideas why?.

I was hoping that the answer was yes. That means I have a problem. I will try verifying my game cache and a re-install of TPW mods and try it on it's own just in case another mod is conflicting, but there isn't anything running that should conflict with it.

EDIT: Verified the game cache and 1 file had to be re-downloaded.

The one verified is normal behaviour with steam game cache.
Just started a new campaign but when i use TPW, AI characters (like Adams) stands still here and there therefore the game stop progressing. After i disable everything is working fine, any ideas why?.
Open TPW_MODS.hpp and at the end of the file get rid of the trailing '/' charachters in the "#define" lines.

Yay!