tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Hi Gatordev, thanks for the kind words and the heads up. I'm having no such problems using dev builds. In fact what you describe to me sounds like a common problem wherein people update to the latest TPW MODS and for whatever reason don't update their tpw_mods.hpp correctly (PW6 often seems to be a culprit). Later versions of TPW MODS actually modify (lower) the walk speeds and if your hpp is wrong it'll assign 0 to these speeds, which will result in stuck units. Please download the latest TPW MODS and manually install it and its hpp, and see if that fixes your problem.

I try to keep TPW updated manually for exactly this reason, but it's possible this one slipped by me. I'll start with a fresh .hpp, but I swear I did that last update, I promise!

EDIT: rereading your post, there is no way to turn off the animation speed changes other than to set them to their defaults, or to remove animspeed.pbo from @TPW_MODS.

Poorly worded on my part. When I mentioned "0" I meant I went in and manually turned off the animation option, not that I was adjusting the individual animspeeds in your config. Either way, let me start over tonight and see if it fixes the issue. Thanks for the reply.

Problem solved. Looks like the .hpp wasn't updated with the addon. Obviously someone must have put the old one on my computer while I was sleeping...

Thanks for the pointer in the right direction.

Problem solved. Looks like the .hpp wasn't updated with the addon. Obviously someone must have put the old one on my computer while I was sleeping...

Thanks for the pointer in the right direction.

That bloody config file gremlin gets into my computer all the time, glad I'm not the only one.

Is the mod supposed to work out of the box? I loaded the mod, then loaded the editor on Altis and began flying around, if I am lucky I will find 1 random flying vehicle or 1 random civilian vehicle on the map and that is it, nothing is really spawning, certainly not enough spawning for how large this map is. I know I am missing something =]

Thanks

Edited by raditz5

Is the mod supposed to work out of the box? I loaded the mod, then loaded the editor on Altis and began flying around, if I am lucky I will find 1 random flying vehicle or 1 random civilian vehicle on the map and that is it, nothing is really spawning, certainly not enough spawning for how large this map is. I know I am missing something =]

Thanks

You're missing something by flying, which doesn't give random stuff enough time to spawn in the area you're flying over before you leave it. Walk or drive to a town, wait a couple of minutes, et voila!

You're missing something by flying, which doesn't give random stuff enough time to spawn in the area you're flying over before you leave it. Walk or drive to a town, wait a couple of minutes, et voila!

Thank you! I am very excited about your mod, I feel like bohemia needs to cut you a check for making this an actual world and not just some empty map. :o

Thank you! I am very excited about your mod, I feel like bohemia needs to cut you a check for making this an actual world and not just some empty map. :o

The emtyness of the map, depends on the specific scenario you're playing. This mod provides a generic solution, that can enrich missions which don't provide one themselves. BIS can't/shoudn't care for that, for it's mission/scenario dependant altogether.

The emtyness of the map, depends on the specific scenario you're playing. This mod provides a generic solution, that can enrich missions which don't provide one themselves. BIS can't/shoudn't care for that, for it's mission/scenario dependant altogether.

Yea I am starting to realize that. If I want a populated place I have to do it myself =/ Still this is nice for adding more randomness. What I would like to do is have an open fully populated world that I do not have to build myself, then I would add in the enemy insurgents, ambushes ect. imbedded in with civilians, and then some US patrols that I could provide CAS for when they encounter the insurgents. Nerdy I know. Thanks for the reply.

Edited by raditz5

I have reinstalled my Windows and thus the games as well. I also reinstalled TPW but here is my problem. I inadvertanly changed the properties for the .jar file to open with notepad. How do change it back to open as default so that I can access the UI and edit the settings as shown in the readme.

Thanks in advance!

Right click on the .jar file > Open With > Choose Default Program > Java Platform SE Binary

Yay!

Am I missing out updating the old fashioned way by modifying the .hpp? I tried running the .jar once but lost most of my preferred settings (it somehow screwed up the.hpp too - this was ages back mind)

There indeed was a bug that messed up the last part of the .hpp, but it should be solved now.

I've lately decided to reimplement everything and slightly streamline the UI, but it will take a while. Hopefully ArmA won't go anywhere anytime soon. :D

Yay!

Hi Gatordev, thanks for the kind words and the heads up. I'm having no such problems using dev builds. In fact what you describe to me sounds like a common problem wherein people update to the latest TPW MODS and for whatever reason don't update their tpw_mods.hpp correctly (PW6 often seems to be a culprit). Later versions of TPW MODS actually modify (lower) the walk speeds and if your hpp is wrong it'll assign 0 to these speeds, which will result in stuck units. Please download the latest TPW MODS and manually install it and its hpp, and see if that fixes your problem.

EDIT: rereading your post, there is no way to turn off the animation speed changes other than to set them to their defaults, or to remove animspeed.pbo from @TPW_MODS.

Hi tpw,

I also have this issue where the units(including mine) will get stuck at walking speed. I have downloaded the latest TPW and moved to the correct folder and moved the user config to the appropriate location, including the .hpp file from the latest downloaded TPW. Any suggestions?

Make sure you have your configs in /Arma 3/userconfig/@TPW MODS and not /Arma 3/@TPW MODS/userconfig. Also PM me your .hpp.

Yay!

Make sure you have your configs in /Arma 3/userconfig/@TPW MODS and not /Arma 3/@TPW MODS/userconfig. Also PM me your .hpp.

Yay!

Thanks for the response, PM sent

In some missions, the AIR module seems to throw up errors. I have everything enabled but may be due to adding TPW mod to existing missions, and not to new scenarios.

I notice much more with All in Arma (merged and Standalone) loaded to replace A2 missions with A3 mods. If I disable it, all TPW errors goes away.

However, your mod with AiA SA and A3 mods makes old A2 missions so much more immersive.

Request - Can you ADD female civilians using the Femal3 mod?

It was great to see civilians again in A3 but it was mostly vacationing guys in shorts with no female companion ships in the towns. Kind of weird... :P

.....yup yup it works now b e a u t i f u l l y ! ! !

I did have to install the latest Java though. Was that needed or am i just ignorant.

Thanks.

In some missions, the AIR module seems to throw up errors. I have everything enabled but may be due to adding TPW mod to existing missions, and not to new scenarios.

I notice much more with All in Arma (merged and Standalone) loaded to replace A2 missions with A3 mods. If I disable it, all TPW errors goes away.

However, your mod with AiA SA and A3 mods makes old A2 missions so much more immersive.

Request - Can you ADD female civilians using the Femal3 mod?

It was great to see civilians again in A3 but it was mostly vacationing guys in shorts with no female companion ships in the towns. Kind of weird... :P

Thanks for the heads up Valken, I'll have a look into it shortly.

I fully intend to incorporate female civilians when Zeealex's femal3 mod includes them. At the moment she has female soldiers and female heads. I could put female heads on the male civs but it would look pretty foolish I think!

Found more of this error in my rpt.log

Hope it helps to solve it :)

7:08:11 Error in expression < tpw_hud_nearunits select _cta;
_dist = _unit distance player;
if( !isNil "_unit>
7:08:11   Error position: <_unit distance player;
if( !isNil "_unit>
7:08:11   Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
7:08:11 File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 396
7:08:11 Error in expression <ts - 1) do 
{
_unit = tpw_hud_nearunits select _cta;
_dist = _unit distance play>
7:08:11   Error position: <select _cta;
7:08:11   Error Zero divisor
7:08:11 File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 395
{

Greets

Thanks for the heads up Valken, I'll have a look into it shortly.

I fully intend to incorporate female civilians when Zeealex's femal3 mod includes them. At the moment she has female soldiers and female heads. I could put female heads on the male civs but it would look pretty foolish I think!

Thank you TPW! I know Zee is working on civvies so I can totally wait. Your mod is an absolute essential to all my A3 gaming!

Found more of this error in my rpt.log

Hope it helps to solve it :)

7:08:11 Error in expression < tpw_hud_nearunits select _cta;
_dist = _unit distance player;
if( !isNil "_unit>
7:08:11   Error position: <_unit distance player;
if( !isNil "_unit>
7:08:11   Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
7:08:11 File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 396
{
{

Greets

I played 2 hours now, i recieved over 20000 Lines (Notepad++) with this error in my rpt.log

Maybe you should buy the Game, map VR was added a couple of months ago^^

I've bought the game