tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Hello there

Trying to. Am in a sloooooow internet area atm. Ill feedback when I do it.

RGds

LoK

Hello there

The issue seems to be solved with the latest update. Splendid stuff.

Rgds

LoK

Hello everyone,

I have a real problem with the AI of this Mod.

1- the AI is deadly accurate at all ranges and especially at CQB.

2 - My AI team mates keep moving without my permission whenever they are on combat mod.

I can't play the game without the AI of this mod. So disabling it is not an option. I only ask if it is possible to tweak it a little.

Also. I would like to know if this mod is altering enemy armor coz it takes me 6 shots to center mass to kill a CSAT bug.

thank you for a wonderful mod and good luck on future updates.

BR.

Hello everyone,

I have a real problem with the AI of this Mod.

1- the AI is deadly accurate at all ranges and especially at CQB.

2 - My AI team mates keep moving without my permission whenever they are on combat mod.

I can't play the game without the AI of this mod. So disabling it is not an option. I only ask if it is possible to tweak it a little.

Also. I would like to know if this mod is altering enemy armor coz it takes me 6 shots to center mass to kill a CSAT bug.

thank you for a wonderful mod and good luck on future updates.

BR.

I'm sorry to say, but this mod is not an "AI mod" and so it does not change the way AI behaves. It doesn't change any armour values neither. As a solution, try adding ASR_AI to your combo, or even AGM. Both mods will make the AI "less accurate", and the latter may help with your armour problem.

I'm sorry to say, but this mod is not an "AI mod" and so it does not change the way AI behaves. It doesn't change any armour values neither. As a solution, try adding ASR_AI to your combo, or even AGM. Both mods will make the AI "less accurate", and the latter may help with your armour problem.

I have AGM installed and I have removed some functionality. I don't know man. the enemies are super accurate.

Is there a way within the config or addons to disable the shaking camera associated with the heart beat? I couldn't see anything that might be it...

Maybe something in the "bleed out" settings?

Is there a way within the config or addons to disable the shaking camera associated with the heart beat? I couldn't see anything that might be it...

I believe it's the suppression options. you should uncheck the option for players to get suppressed.

Ha, you're the first person to notice it, have a gold star. I will make the heartbeat shaking optional in the next update in a day or two.

xXOneSHotetcetc: Try bCombat for more realistic AI accuracy.

Hey TPW! BIS modified some of the CIV code and messed RDS civie pack, like reported on his thread here... then Reyhard updated, you have to do some revision on your use of his civies... or not really?

Cheers!

;2811982']Hey TPW! BIS modified some of the CIV code and messed RDS civie pack' date=' like reported on his thread here... then Reyhard updated, you have to do some revision on your use of his civies... or not really?

Cheers!

Well one of the recent BIS betas bollixed up things completely at config level when using RDS civs - if the RDS mod was loaded no other civs would spawn. I will download the updated RDS mod and see if things have improved

EDIT: Yep, version 1.06 of RDS civs now plays nicely with other civs.

Edited by tpw

TPW MODS 20141106: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20141106.zip

Changes:

[FOG 1.26] Massively overhauled and simplified foggy breath functions. Foggy breath now synchronises with a unit's breath as fatigue increases (thanks to Rydygier for the tip).

[bLEEDOUT 1.16] Heartbeat shake visuals can be configured off.

@TPW - My virus checkers are going ,ental over the update. Anything new added that would set them off?

@TPW - My virus checkers are going ,ental over the update. Anything new added that would set them off?

Yep, Gliptal's shortcut.exe and install.exe and maybe install.bat seem to cause some peoples' virus checkers a lot of angst. Maybe due to these programs accessing the registry to do their thing. I personally scan my stuff with AVG before each release. I'm confident that the whole thing is virus free, and I'm sure Gliptal will vouch for his code (which is all on bloody github anyway).

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

TPW MODS 20141107: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20141107.zip

Changes:

Fixed stupid init error causing TPW BLEEDOUT to fail.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Yep, Gliptal's shortcut.exe and install.exe and maybe install.bat seem to cause some peoples' virus checkers a lot of angst. Maybe due to these programs accessing the registry to do their thing. I personally scan my stuff with AVG before each release. I'm confident that the whole thing is virus free, and I'm sure Gliptal will vouch for his code (which is all on bloody github anyway).

I'll tell it to stick it warnings where the viruses go then :) gracias

Here is scan of my TPW INSTALLER folder using NOD32 (sorry for it being in Italian):

And here are the sections of install.bat I'm afraid are being picked up by your AVs, I have commented them to explain what each line does.

lines 11 through 30

// Asks the registry for the value of the entry "main" in the 64bit ArmA installation key (2>nul avoids showing the error if not found)
reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\bohemia interactive\arma 3" /v "main" 2>nul

// If the key is found this is a 64bit machine and skips to the ":64bitSystem" label
if %errorlevel%==0 goto 64bitSystem

// Asks the registry for the value of the entry "main" in the 32bit ArmA installation key (2>nul avoids showing errors if no files are found)
reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\bohemia interactive\arma 3" /v "main" 2>nul

// If the key is found this is a 32bit machine and skips to the ":32bitSystem" label, else no keys are found and an error is shown by skipping to the ":registryError" label
if %errorlevel%==0 (goto 32bitSystem) else (goto registryError)

:64bitSystem
// Finds the value we need in the 64bit key (the installation path) and stores it in a variable called "ArmaPath"
for /f "skip=2 tokens=2,*" %%A in (
 'reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\bohemia interactive\arma 3" /v "main"'
) do (
 set ArmaPath=%%B
)

// Skips to to the "install" label
goto install

:32bitSystem
// Finds the value we need in the 32bit key (the installation path) and stores it in a variable called "ArmaPath"
for /f "skip=2 tokens=2,*" %%A in (
 'reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\bohemia interactive\arma 3" /v "main"'
) do (
 set ArmaPath=%%B
)

// Skips to the "install" label
goto install

lines 78 through 94

// Checks if a "TPW_MODS.hpp" does not exist already (i.e. the mod was never installed before)
if not exist "%ArmaPath%\userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp" (

// Copies the downloaded "TPW_MODS.hpp" to the correct folder (/y suppresses overwriting warnings, /q suppresses copy messages)
 xcopy "@TPW_MODS\userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp" "%ArmaPath%\userconfig\TPW_MODS\*" /y /q

// If an error was thrown while copying skip to an error handling label
 if %errorlevel% gtr 0 goto userconfigError

// If the file did exist already
) else (

// Copy the old ".hpps" and ".PRSTs" in the downloaded folder (/y suppresses overwriting warnings, /q suppresses copy messages, 2>nul avoids showing errors if no files are found)
 xcopy "%ArmaPath%\userconfig\TPW_MODS\*.hpp" "*.hpp" /y /q
 xcopy "%ArmaPath%\userconfig\TPW_MODS\*.PRST" "*.PRST" /y /q 2>nul

// Cycles through all the copied ".hpps" and ".PRSTs"
 for %%f in (*.hpp *.PRST) do (

// For each of them creates a new file with the same name having "NEW" at the end, with all the variables updated
   update "%%~nxf" "%%~nxfNEW"

// If the only necessary files is missing for some reason skip to an error handling label
   if not exist "TPW_MODS.hppNEW" goto updaterError
 )

// Copy back all updated files to the correct folder, renaming them to the original extensions
 xcopy "*.hppNEW" "%ArmaPath%\userconfig\TPW_MODS\*.hpp" /y /q
 xcopy "*.PRSTNEW" "%ArmaPath%\userconfig\TPW_MODS\*.PRST" /y /q 2>nul

// Deletes any files created by the updating process (/q suppresses copy messages, 2>nul avoids showing errors if no files are found)
 del "*.hpp" /q
 del "*.PRST" /q 2>nul
 del "*.PRSTNEW" /q 2>nul
 del "temp*.txt" /q 2>nul
)

line 128

// Removes the downloaded package (/q suppresses copy messages, 2>nul avoids showing errors if no files are found, || rem suppresses any warnings)
rmdir "@TPW_MODS" /s /q || rem

If for any reason you want to manually install the update, remembere to check "edits.txt" to update yuor .hpp with the new variables.

Yay!

I'm playing the Prologue atm, but the AI(the team leader most of the time) always get stuck(suddenly stops moving) with this mod enabled thus the mission won't proceed.

It started in the "Rising Tensions" mission of the Prologue.

I disabled the mod and I was able to finish the mission.

I re-enabled it and played the next one, but he got stuck again. He won't ride the heli.

I'm using the latest version of the mod together with CBA, Blastcore and JSRS.

Edited by Sxsxarael

For anyone that can't walk or see AI seemingly frozen from the neck down the latest version of TPW conflicts with AGM mod. AI and the player cannot run with his weapon semi-shouldered...The animation for the legs want to move when you press W, but you can't go anywhere. This effects all soldiers, even AI.

I don't use AGM but I still get the same issues with TPW enabled.

and quoting from a post in the AGM thread

This has nothing to do with AGM it seems. I'm 99% sure it's related to this line in the RPT file.

12:42:21 Conflicting addon A3_Anims_F_Config_Sdr in 'a3\anims_f\config\sdr\', previous definition in 'animspeed\'

I get this line using @TPW_MODS wheter I use AGM or not.

I also get this line in my RPT file.

With TPW disabled, This line won't appear.

Edited by Sxsxarael

Pretty much all problems with frozen AI turn out to be a misplaced or misconfigured TPW MODS.hpp file. Please download and properly install the latest TPW MODS. TPW MODS actually affects various animation sppeds and if your hpp is not correct, the speeds will be zero.

Post your .hpp here. How did you update?

Yay!

I manually installed the mod.

Downloaded from dropbox the latest version, placed @TPW_MODS in arma 3 folder, moved userconfig folder to arma 3 folder.

Did I do something wrong?

You probably did not update your .hpp correctly. Check if

tpw_bleedout_heartbeat = 1;

exists after

tpw_bleedout_ithresh

Yay!