tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

How do I get Sudden's Russians to act as the blufor(or independent without blufor units) in Skirimish?

This is easily one of the best mods available for Arma 3 I cant immagine not playing with this anymore.

Just everything about it , especially the falling and skirmish system with the ability to customize everything with a simple intuitive user interface along with auto installation just brilliant 10/10.

P.S *Is there any way to add in civilian killing allowance? and reviving when injured ,dragging , carrying etc.?

You sir are a gem .

Thanks TPW!

Thanks for the very kind words Vampire. I'm in a one of my periodic Arma ruts where my enthusiasm is waning a bit, so things like this help to motivate me. Also, I have to hand a huge amount of credit and thanks off to Gliptal for the configuration UI and autoinstall - he's a super clever chap.

I'm not sure what you mean by a civilian killing allowance. There is already a system present whereby you can specify how many civilians need to be killed (either by your squad or just in total) in order for a mission to fail. As for reviving/dragging etc, it's something I periodically think about but usually throw in the "too hard" basket.

How do I get Sudden's Russians to act as the blufor(or independent without blufor units) in Skirimish?

In your tpw_mods.hpp:

tpw_skirmish_friendlytype = 0; // 0 = user defined, 1 = NATO, 2 = FIA, 3 = AAF,

tpw_skirmish_friendlyunitstring = ""; // Custom string to select friendly units from config

tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehiclestring = ""; // Custom string to select friendly vehicles from config

I don't use the addon and am not about to download 460+Mb just to find out the classnames. If you can post a classname list or PM it to me then I'll work something out for you.

Holy shit guys the forum apparently decided to delete my subscription from the thread and I missed a whole month worth of posts. Sorry guys.

Yay!

Holy shit guys the forum apparently decided to delete my subscription from the thread and I missed a whole month worth of posts. Sorry guys.

Yay!

Been there, it's horrible. I'm not completely sure about this, but last time it happended to me, I had the forums opened on my phone's browser, when I closed all tabs, notifications started to come in again.

ok great wasn't sure. I didn't want to go into great details on the wrong forum. I have just updated the TPW mods and am unable to adjust the settings using the TPW Settings.jar. I have tried to open this many times and cannot. I am using WinZip to open this as per the recommended Windows setting. The file IS in the userconfig folder. Is there something else I can use? or somewhere, else I can look? I am trying to reduce or stop the AI aircraft and soldiers that appear from nowhere and attack my enemy AI, in single player mode on an edited scenario. Also am trying to reduce the on screen subtitles that have only appeared after this update.. The subtitles are off in the game itself.
Sorry I'm so late with this, but the .jar should be executed as an .exe, not opened as package (although it technically is). Make sure you have Java installed on your system.
Just everything about it , especially the falling and skirmish system with the ability to customize everything with a simple intuitive user interface along with auto installation just brilliant 10/10.
So the installer script does work? Happy to hear that.

Yay!

I'm unable to disable the skirmish script. I installed using play withSix. I've tried the following:

turning it off in userconfig jar (shows as red in jar, hpp file contains tpw_skirmish_active = 0 )

deleting the skirmish sqf file

making a copy of the entire mod as tpw_copy and using that in withSix instead in case withSix is redownloading the script/config (it's not)

All of these still result in the skirmish script being active. What am I doing wrong?

Have you tried manually downloading the mod instead of using PW6? In that case you may also try the provided installer if you want an automated install. PW6 has an history of messing up file paths, leading to problems similar to those you're having.

Also make sure you delete any old version of the Mod, both in the ArmA III folder and in your documents folder (if at any time you used the latter to store mods).

Yay!

I just tried it with manual download and the included installer, I'm still unable to turn off any of the scripts. What else can I try? I don't even understand how it was managing to run the script earlier considering it was deleted entirely as well as disabled in the settings.

I just tried it with manual download and the included installer, I'm still unable to turn off any of the scripts. What else can I try? I don't even understand how it was managing to run the script earlier considering it was deleted entirely as well as disabled in the settings.

Please provide full path to the hpp file you are editing.

I haven't been editing the hpp file manually, I've been using the TPW settings.jar tool to do it, and checked the results in notepad.

The file has ended up in 2 different places depending on install method:

1) pwsix version: my documents\arma 3\@tpw_mods\userconfig\TPW_mods.hpp

2) manual download installed with .bat: steamapps\common\arma 3\@tpw_mods\userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_mods.hpp

I also tried copying the .bat installed version from 2 into my my documents folder instead, as well as moving the hpp file out of the TPW_MODS subfolder and into userconfig instead, neither worked.

You should be modifying your .hpp in Arma 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS\ and not arma 3\@tpw_mods\userconfig\TPW_MODS\ since the latter folder is there just for reference. The installer should have created the required files in the former folder, along with a desktop shortcut to the correct .jar.

Yay!

You should edit this file: steamapps\common\arma 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_mods.hpp

The mod it's reading the configuration from there.

that's sorted it, thanks for your help!

Hey guys, has anybody noticed a conflict with RHS: Escalation? Seems to affect combat pace and slow walk when standing upright, as in you can't move. When crouched things work ok. Wonderful mod btw, adds so much atmosphere, in case I haven't mentioned it anywhere to you before :)

Hey guys, has anybody noticed a conflict with RHS: Escalation? Seems to affect combat pace and slow walk when standing upright, as in you can't move. When crouched things work ok. Wonderful mod btw, adds so much atmosphere, in case I haven't mentioned it anywhere to you before :)

Gday manfred98. Thanks for teh kind words and the heads up. I haven't used RHS: Escalation so am unaware of bugs. Do you see these movement bugs using TPW MODS with other maps etc? Combat pace and walk pace are affected (slowed down) by default by TPW MODS. Most people's issues with freezing movement turn out to be a misconfigured or misplaced tpw_mods.hpp

Gday manfred98. Thanks for teh kind words and the heads up. I haven't used RHS: Escalation so am unaware of bugs. Do you see these movement bugs using TPW MODS with other maps etc? Combat pace and walk pace are affected (slowed down) by default by TPW MODS. Most people's issues with freezing movement turn out to be a misconfigured or misplaced tpw_mods.hpp

Hey TPW,

Well I've noticed it in 'Chernarus Summer' and Altis, and also in the virtual arsenal ( It does seem to only happen when I select a RHS body/uniform ), but perhaps it could be an issue with the .hpp file, I'll delete and re download and get back to you with that.

---------- Post added at 15:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

Well, i deleted the mod and downloaded the latest version, I'd been using it through Play withSix and something must have gone awry, it seems fine now. Sorry for the confusion! :)

Something wrong with the PwS version of TpW ?
It seems like either the .hpp isn't correctly updated, or it is sometimes placed in the wrong folder path.

Yay!

Thanks for the info, I will check and update.
Keep in mind that these have been ongoing problems, and are not directly connected to the latest update! :D

Yay!

please check now, I have archived the config in a .tar file and stored it. Maybe this fixes the issue

Hello there

Ive also noticed the "pausing" and "stuck" AI and it seems that TPW is the issue.

I did have RHS, but have now deleted it, pending a PWS download but I still have the issue.

Ive not tried TPW by itself though.

Im using the PWS version. All configs appear to be correct.

Rgds

LoK

Just for the sake of testing, try and donwload the package manually.

Yay!