tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Completely agreed with TPW Skirmish being disabled by default. (I'm a long-time TPW MODS user and this actually struck me more as an epiphany -- pure coincidence that people were discussing it right now!). I also install manually and disable it manually, so I was never bitten with it being a problem (and besides, I have ALiVE and any other number of spawning scripts and mods available in my toolbelt if I want them), but the most sensible default is to have it off just so I don't have to continuously hack the config file every time I update.

In any case, I actually came on here in the first place to make a related but slightly different request!

Specifically, I would love to have an editor-placeable module that allow us to override the config settings to enable TPW Skirmish (even if the user has disabled it) without having to use the loose scripts version embedded within the mission itself -- in other words, it would add TPW MODS as a dependency to the map itself, and then auto-enable Skirmish if the module was included.

This would also have the advantage that if the editor modules were properly configured with parameters, we could override all of the settings to have sensible settings on a per-map basis instead of requiring the end user to dip out of the program to reconfigure things. This also has the advantage that you can enable it directly within the editor instead of having to exit the program to do any fudging with scripts in the mission folder -- in the Arma series there is a very thick and incomprehensible glass ceiling for editor scenarios that requires dropping out of the program to import scripts and data files (which, if I were the content development team, I would have looked into ages ago), which makes the mission editor almost incomprehensible as to why it's not actually a standalone program. Summary: modules smart, good for brain, ungh.

Hi, using this mod, when I see enemies in front of me I hear some "blip blip..." sound, how can I disable it?

I've another question: how can I configure/disable/enable hud functions (i.e colors, icons etc...)? I don't know the corrisponding codes, is there an info file about numbers and codes to change those parameters?

Thanks.

Edited by D4NI3L3

Hi, using this mod, when I see enemies in front of me I hear some "blip blip..." sound, how can I disable it?

Disable the "Audible Warning" in your userconfig/TPW_mods in the HUD-General Settings section

I had, until recently, all my enemies marked with orange tags, all friends in blue, all civs (or unknowns) in white. Now it has disappeared. Is this a TPW enhanced immersion mod and, if so, how do I get it back? If it isn't, I apologise for having wasted your time on this forum section and ask for some heads-up on what mod offers it as a function. I have Alive, which is possibly the only other serious contender.

I had, until recently, all my enemies marked with orange tags, all friends in blue, all civs (or unknowns) in white. Now it has disappeared. Is this a TPW enhanced immersion mod and, if so, how do I get it back? If it isn't, I apologise for having wasted your time on this forum section and ask for some heads-up on what mod offers it as a function. I have Alive, which is possibly the only other serious contender.

That is the tpw hud... you can enable it by equipping tactical glasses and if u take them off it removes the hud but you can keep them in inventory to enable whenever you choose

What a dumbass I am! I changed the loadout on VAS and forgot to include them! Thanks for this - even if I now feel ineffably small and easily stepped on.

Disable the "Audible Warning" in your userconfig/TPW_mods in the HUD-General Settings section

Thanks.

I had already done but I kept hearing the sound, then stopped by restarting the game.

Saw this creep into RPT:

Error in expression <lect _cti;

if (!lineintersects [eyepos _squadmem, eyepos _unit,vehicle _unit,ve>
 Error position: <_squadmem, eyepos _unit,vehicle _unit,ve>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _squadmem
File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 1123

Howdy people, back from a much needed beach/bushwalking holiday and will attend to the various issues that have been raised in my absence. As usual, thanks to Gliptal for acting as tech support!

Hope you had a good time mate...... and thanks again for your mod

This has crept into the RPT:

_realdist =  _realdist + _weight;

_margin = _realdist / 10;
_re>
 Error position: <_weight;

_margin = _realdist / 10;
_re>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _weight
File TPW_MODS\tpw_fall.sqf, line 495

Error in expression < tpw_hud_nearunits select _cta;
_dist = _unit distance player;
if( !isNil "_unit>
 Error position: <_unit distance player;
if( !isNil "_unit>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 396

Thanks for all of these stlassen. You're better at picking them up than me, I almost never see these undefined variable errors so I assumed I had squashed the bastards.

Thanks for all of these stlassen. You're better at picking them up than me, I almost never see these undefined variable errors so I assumed I had squashed the bastards.

Thank you. ;) I do what I can. :D

I also noticed that changing the HUD NV brightness wasn't working. Unfortunately I didn't find out if something is broken or if it is a conflict. I will do some tests later.

Cheers

More fun for you ;)

Error in expression <ts - 1) do 
{
_unit = tpw_hud_nearunits select _cta;
_dist = _unit distance play>
 Error position: <select _cta;
_dist = _unit distance play>
 Error Zero divisor
File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 395

TPW,

May I suggest some type of alteration for the Heart Rate number on the HUD? Every time I look at my "health", I see the heart rate number in a LARGE font right above the word "health", so I'm always confusing my heart rate number with my Health number. I'm not sure how to fix it, but I would LOVE to see some way to clearly see the difference between the number for my health vs. my heart rate. Thanks!!! Just a suggestion.

-V.

TPW,

May I suggest some type of alteration for the Heart Rate number on the HUD? Every time I look at my "health", I see the heart rate number in a LARGE font right above the word "health", so I'm always confusing my heart rate number with my Health number. I'm not sure how to fix it, but I would LOVE to see some way to clearly see the difference between the number for my health vs. my heart rate. Thanks!!! Just a suggestion.

-V.

You can change the text settings of TPW HUD in the config file.

Using Gliptals editor, open it up, go into the HUD settings and select TXT. Here you find the field HLT TXT.

At default the code is: %1<t size='0.5'><br />HLT %2</t>

Change that to something else, e.g.: <t size='0.75'>HLT %2</t><br /><t size='0.66'>BMP %1</t>

To understand the code:

%1 is the health.

%2 is the BPM.

<br /> breaks the line up (in this case into two lines).

<t size='0.75'> ... </t> sets the size of the text displayed (in this case 75% of full size. 1.0 is 100%).

Wow. Thanks for the info stlassen. Clearly I haven't been tracking the changes as much as I should have!

Between TPW and Gliptal, they really keep this ship up-right and moving forward 100% of the time. Awesome.

Thx. :bounce3:

-V

Hey, so the settings .jar no longer works for me. Did a recent java update break it or something?

Hey, so the settings .jar no longer works for me. Did a recent java update break it or something?

No, not in general. It is more likely you are trying to run it from the wrong folder.

Make sure it is in the userconfig folder, otherwise you run into problems.

Hi guys. Sorry I've been a bit slack with the mods over the last few days, I've had an abscessed tooth which I've had to have extracted - the pain has distracted me somewhat. I do not recommend getting a tooth abscess...

Over the next few days I'll try to track down some of stlassen's reported errors.

Also, be aware that the latest dev build has really #$%^ed up civilians. They no longer use the class camanbase, which basically causes TPW CIVS, TPW CARS and TPW BOATS to be unable to spawn civs (and constant throw undefined variable errors).

I got the health and Heart Rate text adjusted to my liking now. Thanks again for the help stlassen!

What confused me is that the HEALTH text doesn't follow the same format that all the other HUD text follows. By that I mean, every HUD item has the text tag on top, and the number below it. But the Health tag has the text on the left, and the number on the right. So by having the Heart Rate number immediately BELOW the Health tag, it was very confusing as to what the health number really was.

Technically, that problem still exists. Perhaps TPW will change the format some time, so the Health number is below the Health tag, and the Heart Rate number is below the Heart Rate tag.

If I want to the have the most robust and current AI logic within the TPW variants should I run TPWCAS along with TPW_MODS? If yes, then should I disable certain features that seem duplicated among them, for example 'AI suppresion', 'Cover algorithm', or the even the entire EBS category in TPW_MODS? Is LOS only affected by TPW_MODS? Last, as long as they're after CBA of course does the loading order make any difference among the two?

TPW EBS runs a simplified subset of the suppression and find cover routines offered by TPWCAS or bDetect. You'll need to disable TPW EBS if you want to run either of these mods with TPW MODS, otherwise you'll get conflicts. I routinely run TPW MODS and bDetect, order is unimportant.