tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

There's nothing more realism shattering than hitting an opponent 50m away with a round centre mass and watching him just twitch.

Agreed.

It's a perfectly realistic outcome, as any number of true stories will attest. But it looks and feels wrong in ArmA.

I'd say that 70% chance of falling would be enough. It would keep players on their toes. Right now I sort of exploit TPW Fall in CQB, knowing that any poorly-placed shot will allow me to easily finish off my enemy.

@tpw: In the next update, remember to change the last section #defines order from

#define unarmed_walkspeed
#define rifledown_walkspeed
#define rifleup_walkspeed
#define roll_left
#define roll_right
#define tactical_jog
#define tactical_rifleup
#define run_rifle

to

#define run_rifle
#define tactical_rifleup
#define tactical_jog
#define roll_left
#define roll_right

:D

Also, @everyone having problems with animations, check this order and correct it if needed.

Yay!

@tpw: In the next update, remember to change the last section #defines order from

#define roll_left
#define roll_right
#define tactical_jog
#define tactical_rifleup
#define run_rifle

to

#define run_rifle
#define tactical_rifleup
#define tactical_jog
#define roll_left
#define roll_right

:D

Also, @everyone having problems with animations, check this order and correct it if needed.

Yay!

Thanks for the heads up Gliptal.

Something for your enjoyment. ;)

Error in expression <rkers - 1) do
{
_marker = allmapmarkers select _ct;
if ((!isnil "_marker") && {g>
 Error position: <select _ct;
 Error Zero divisor
File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 723

Something for your enjoyment. ;)

Error in expression <rkers - 1) do
{
_marker = allmapmarkers select _ct;
 Error position: <select _ct;
 Error Zero divisor
File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 723

Yes this particular #$%^ing bug is pesticide resistant, but I'm working on it.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out :)

Edited by Sethos

tpw_mods.hpp has default values as comments next to each animation speed.

Er... No, they don't? I guess I'll just have to remove animspeed.pbo. Is that a good way to disable the changes to the animations speed? It's a pity it can't be made modular like the rest of the features but oh well...

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

The rain droplets effect on the windshield is not working on the HEMTT vehicles.

The comments disappear if you use the GUI, and in that case you can find them in the parameter tooltips.

Yay!

Er... No, they don't? I guess I'll just have to remove animspeed.pbo. Is that a good way to disable the changes to the animations speed? It's a pity it can't be made modular like the rest of the features but oh well...

Yes, they do. Not sure why you are having those problems, but something must be done wrong.

This is directly from the downloaded code:

//animationsActivePlaceholder = 1;
#define run_rifle 0.6				//default 0.685
#define tactical_rifleup 0.7		//default 0.786
#define tactical_jog 1.35			//default 1.55
#define unarmed_walkspeed 0.27		//default 0.35
#define rifledown_walkspeed 0.22	//default 0.3
#define rifleup_walkspeed 0.81		//default 0.85
#define roll_left 0.75				//default 1.1	
#define roll_right 0.8				//default 1.2

Hope this helps.

The comments disappear if you use the GUI, and in that case you can find them in the parameter tooltips.

Yay!

Yep. That did it. Thanks.

Edited by tpw

Nah I thought the latest dev update had broken my animation speed stuff but it turns out I'd bolloxed up my hpp! All fixed now. I will release an update in an hour or 2.

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

TPW MODS 20140905: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140905.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.40] Still more zero divisor errors fixed.

[CIVS 1.40] Reduced annoying "chimp walking" civs who run around crouched after viewing dead body.

[FOG 1.23] Reduced breath synchrony. Increased effect of fatigue on shortened breath.

[FALL 1.39] 10% chance of bullet hit not causing a fall.

Just a few minor changes. I have reordered the hpp as per Gliptal's instructions so hopefully less issues for those using TPW SETTINGS.

I get a very loud hissing sound when parachuting.

Something in your TPW_Fall mod is messing with the sound when parachuting.

I created a little scene in the editor where I teleported myself to 3000 m. height and fell from there.

Only mods loaded was TPW and CBA.

Only TPW module active was FALL.

Between 3000-2500 a very loud hissing sound begins and lasts all the way down.

Almost blows the eardrums. :D

It only happens when TPW_Fall is active. Doesn't matter if the other modules are active or not.

you think a TPW revive mod possible? ive been looking for a revive mod but all of them are scripts

before dying you go on a knockout state with at least 15 health left and can be revived by anyone(AI) with a medkit or FAK if they are nearby?

getting shot by anything that deals 25+ hit damage = instant death though

I get a very loud hissing sound when parachuting.

Something in your TPW_Fall mod is messing with the sound when parachuting.

I created a little scene in the editor where I teleported myself to 3000 m. height and fell from there.

Only mods loaded was TPW and CBA.

Only TPW module active was FALL.

Between 3000-2500 a very loud hissing sound begins and lasts all the way down.

Almost blows the eardrums. :D

It only happens when TPW_Fall is active. Doesn't matter if the other modules are active or not.

That's the freefall wind sound. Trust me it's very loud in real life. Once you open your chute it will be replaced by the sound of wind through your canopy lines.

That's the freefall wind sound. Trust me it's very loud in real life. Once you open your chute it will be replaced by the sound of wind through your canopy lines.

Okay! :D Fair enough.

I wonder if earplugs would help or if putting on some special helmet (high altitude dress) would help lower the sound. ;)

That being as it is... I've been testing out GetTactical and when in the tactical view, then camera is free moving around, but with TPW_Fall active, I get the load wind sound again, even though my units are on the ground.

Okay! :D Fair enough.

I wonder if earplugs would help or if putting on some special helmet (high altitude dress) would help lower the sound. ;)

That being as it is... I've been testing out GetTactical and when in the tactical view, then camera is free moving around, but with TPW_Fall active, I get the load wind sound again, even though my units are on the ground.

I'm guessing that's because in tactical view you the player are off the ground. TPW FALL triggers freefall sounds when the player is airborne and more than 10m off the ground.

^^I've raised this issue on GetTactical forum as well. In the mean time can you make the fall sound optional. If you consider it a core part of the mod and don't want to do that I understand.

I'm guessing that's because in tactical view you the player are off the ground. TPW FALL triggers freefall sounds when the player is airborne and more than 10m off the ground.

Well... I'm not sure how he does it in GTI. I'll have to ask him.

---------- Post added at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

^^I've raised this issue on GetTactical forum as well. In the mean time can you make the fall sound optional. If you consider it a core part of the mod and don't want to do that I understand.

Great! :)

If you run JSRS the freefall sound stops working anyway. It's a win/win as far as I'm concerned :)

If you run JSRS the freefall sound stops working anyway. It's a win/win as far as I'm concerned :)

HAHA - Yep! And with the new DragonFyre comming up... :)

btw, shouldn't the wind sound start right away? In a mission I'm working on, falling from 3000 m, it didn't start until ~2400 m. Or, rather, didn't become noticeable until then.

I was experiencing this in a mission I'm working on, and I have no mods loaded... Well, scripted ones, like yours, but at one time I accidentally forgot to unload TPW_MODS... Imaging my surprise when suddenly this very loud sound burst out of the speakers. :D

I was doing a parachute/HALO using custom sounds for the free fall, but the flapping sound / wind sound was drowned out by yours.

I was thinking about adding a variable to your code, so I can temporarily turn off your wind sound in mission script.

Something like this in tpw_fall.sqf:

// OTHER VARIABLES	
tpw_fall_ffn_enabled = true; // Added by stlassen - Make it possible to turn off the free fall noise sound.

<<...snip...>

// FREEFALL NOISE
tpw_fall_fnc_freefall = 
{
if ((getposasl player) select 2 < 10 || !tpw_fall_ffn_enabled ) exitwith {};

And then just set tpw_fall_ffn_enabled = false; in mission to turn it off where needed.

I haven't tested it yet, but my thoughts are along those lines. :)

Maybe also add something in to turn down volume to simulate having earplugs in or special jumpsuit or something. ;)

Well... These are just thoughts. ;)

Cheers :D

---------- Post added at 08:47 ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 ----------

Hmm... I'm thinking.

You are using getPosASL. Shouldn't that be getPosATL?

My thinking is this...

GetTactical creates a camera that can be moved around freely. Unless I'm mistaken, I think creating a camera is done by placing a unit or gamelogic and then using a scriptcommand to turn it into a camera. If I position the camera just 1m above terrain level (ATL), it would not touch ground and is very likely to be more than 10m ASL, especially if on a hill.

I think I will create a test for this.

---------- EDIT ----------

It would seem creating a camera is not done by creating a unit and turning it into a cam. ;)

Edited by stlassen

tpw: I just saw that stlassen brought up the problem with the GetTactical view (I am the author of that). The interesting is: that no units are placed above ground level, ever. Only a cam, by camCreate. A new, hidden player unit is created as well, but he is created at groundlevel, and instantly attached to original player.

I don't know if you'd had any more problems with this, I just thought that these infos may be interesting for you.

tpw: I just saw that stlassen brought up the problem with the GetTactical view (I am the author of that). The interesting is: that no units are placed above ground level, ever. Only a cam, by camCreate. A new, hidden player unit is created as well, but he is created at groundlevel, and instantly attached to original player.

I don't know if you'd had any more problems with this, I just thought that these infos may be interesting for you.

I see zapat posted here. :) It's great when modders communicate when strange issues arise. :) Thank you for that.

Anyway, I did a little test to see when that hissing sound happens.

It happens every time I enter GTI real time mode and the player unit is >10m ASL. <10m ASL it never happens. All the while still touching ground, so not above terrain level.

Map: Altis (also tested on Stratis, Chernarus and Takistan).

Mods: CBA, GetTactical, TPW_MODS (and AiA SA when needed)

Locations: Synneforos @305.273m ASL (Grid: 065218), Almyra @3.19m ASL (Grid: 235183), SE of Almyra @13.4m ASL (Grid: 226176)

Units: 5 unit fireteam.

I waited for TPW fall to activate (10 sec) and then went into GTI real time mode.

At Sonneforos and SE of Almyra, the hissing wind noise started after a few seconds (~5).

At Almyra the wind noise never started.

So somehow, even though the units (even the extra one spawned by GTI) are touching ground, and even though TPW Fall checks if the unit is touching ground, whenever the units are >10m ASL, touching ground or not, the hissing sound happens.

I don't see anything wrong in both of yours code so it is kind of a puzzle why this happens. Either there is something in either or both of yours code that I'm not seeing or we have uncovered a BIS bug.

(NB! Posting this in both threads.)

Cheers

Edited by stlassen