tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Numbers before "TPW Settings":

//><

//animationsActivePlaceholder = 1;

#define unarmed_walkspeed 0.27 //default 0.35

#define rifledown_walkspeed 0.22 //default 0.3

#define rifleup_walkspeed 0.81 //default 0.85

#define roll_left 0.75 //default 1.1

#define roll_right 0.8 //default 1.2

#define tactical_jog 1.35 //default 1.55

#define tactical_rifleup 0.7 //default 0.786

#define run_rifle 0.6 //default 0.685

//><

Numbers after "TPW Settings":

//><

//animationsActivePlaceholder = 1;

#define run_rifle 0.27

#define tactical_rifleup 0.22

#define tactical_jog 0.81

#define unarmed_walkspeed 0.75

#define rifledown_walkspeed 0.8

#define rifleup_walkspeed 1.35

#define roll_left 0.7

#define roll_right 0.6

//><

Hmm.

How exactly did you set up the mod, did you run 'install.bat'? If so, did an older 'TPW_MODS.hpp' already exist in ArmA III's 'userconfig' folder, or did you delete the older version first?

My guess: you deleted the older version, tpw's (with a slight order misconception in the #defines) got copied in. If this was the case, just put the right values in and everything should work fine. :D

@tpw: What happens is that, if TPW_MODS.hpp exists it gets updated, else it gets simply copied from the package. In this case we left the #defines in your initial order (latest after everything) and not in the one TPW SETTINGS expects (latest after //animationsActivePlaceholder = 1;).

@everyone: Do not delete older versions of the mod before running the .bat or you will lose your configurations.

Sorry for all these issues everyone, it takes some tries to set up everything but hopefully it'll be worth it. :(

Yay!

Probably has been asked before, but how do I customize the init field from civilian units? :) Thanks!

@tpw

After many requests I've now been able to add Reyhard's excellent RDS A2 Civilians and A2 Civilian vehicles pack. You can now have the Eastern European shitboxes you've been pining for! Please be aware that the vehicles have radically louder volumes than A3 vehicles. I am working on a config replacement for this issue.

I recently updated that pack and issue you mentioned should be already solved ;)

Thanks for update!

@tpw

I recently updated that pack and issue you mentioned should be already solved ;)

Thanks for update!

Cheers Reyhard, PM sent.

---------- Post added at 07:46 ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 ----------

Probably has been asked before, but how do I customize the init field from civilian units? :) Thanks!

Sorry Daantjeeuh, I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

Hey tpw I can't get it to install, it keeps saying "install error either Arma 3 is not installed or hasn't been run once" or something like that.

I'm extracting the file contents to a folder on my desktop and run the install.bat and have the older version still installed.

What am I doing wrong mate ?

That's my fault, not tpw's. For now, install it manually (it will be the same as if the .bat had worked):

Alternatively, manually extract the @TPW_MODS and @CBA_A3 modfolders to your preferred mod location. By default this would be \your_steam_location\steamapps\common\Arma 3The addons can be activated in-game using the Configure -> Expansions menu. Alternatively, right click on Arma3 in your Steam menu, select Properties and then select Set Launch Options in the Arma3 Properties popup window. Add the following: -mod=@CBA_A3;@TPW_MODS into the field of the Launch Options popup.

Copy @TPW_MODS\userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp to \your_steam_location\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp. The mod will not launch without this file. You may need to create the your_steam_location\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\ directory if it does not already exist. Please be aware that installing TPW MODS using PlaysWithSix may sometimes place TPW_MODS.hpp into the incorrect location.

The TPW_MODS.hpp file is logically laid out and heavily annotated so that you can configure the individual mods on/off and adjust their parameters. The file contains sensible defaults.

Optional: Copy @TPW_MODS\userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_settings.jar to \your_steam_location\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_settings.jar. This program provides an easy to use GUI for editing TPW_MODS.hpp.

Additional information and configuration options for each mod are contained in @TPW_MODS\docs, and in the links below.

Open the spoiler if you have time and desire to help me debug the issue. :)

That error means the installer can't find the ArmA registry key for some reason.

1. Did you by any chance verify ArmA III's Steam cache before running the .bat?

2. Did you run ArmA III at least once before running the .bat?

3. Did you run ArmA III at least once since the last reboot before running the .bat?

4. Are you running a 32bit or 64bit system?

5. Run the registry editor (on W8, right click on Start > Run > type "regedit") and look for the following path using the folder structure on the left. "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\bohemia interactive\arma 3" (64bit) or "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\bohemia interactive\arma 3" (32bit): does it exist? If so, does an entry named "main" exist on the right pane?

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

Sorry Daantjeeuh, I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

Well, if you place down a unit in the editor he has an init field where you can put in custom configuration to give him different gear or loadout for example, or to make the unit execute certain scripts. How can I accomplish that on the civilians that spawn in dynamically (I'm talking about the script versions of your mod)?

Health changed a few releases ago. The main health display is now your heartrate (beats per minute) which is in fact a crude indicator of fatigue. The actual health is displayed as the smaller display underneath.

EDIT: Ninjaed by stlassen!

Not sure what to make of the NV, I will look into it.

I am not seeing anything below that but the BPM makes sense now its just labeled as HLT and probably should be BPM maybe

I have 9 things on that display and I know what all of them are but I dont see anything below that one labeled "HLT"

I have GRD then below that LMT and then below that HLT but nothing else below that

he probably forgot to add HLT %2 just like i did

he probably forgot to add HLT %2 just like i did

When in doubt, just install the tpw_mods.hpp from the download.

You should see something like this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/pix/hud.png (193 kB)

According to the bottom left the player's heartrate = 64bpm and health = 100%

no I dont see that in there, its blank after the HLT

how do I "add HLT %2"

under the "TXT" section of the HUD can I just add that into there?

I am using 1.9.7

If that 1.9.7 is referring to TPW SETTINGS, you should definetely update.

Yay!

Is it possible to set a chance of a unit falling down because of a bullet hit? I love it that they finally react but I'd like to add some randomness to it.

Edited by littleliliput

^^ umm have you actually LOOKED at what this mod can do ? Look for tpw_fall !

Yes, I've "LOOKED" and as I've said: I love the fact that soldiers react to bullets. I just want to know if it can be randomized, so that they don't fall every time.

If you don't want consistent falling, try using TMR instead. The alpha version includes a randomized falling function that behaves very similarly. If you disable TPW Fall, the mods will be totally compatible.

Yes, currently with TPW FALL a unit will always fall down if hit by a bullet/explosion. I did originally think about randomising the possibility a bit, but could agree with myself on a realistic value. Should a hit unit drop 50% of the time? 90%? etc? To my way of thinking, if someone is hit by a 5.56, 6.5 or 7.62 round they're gonna drop, regardless of what the various armchair generals on this forum might have to say about it. There's nothing more realism shattering than hitting an opponent 50m away with a round centre mass and watching him just twitch.

Seems I cannot deactivate Animation option.

It is grayed-out in the TPW Settings.

Even if I manually set it to 0 in the TPW_MODS.hpp its still active in the game.

Those slowdowns annoys me!

If you place down a unit in the editor he has an init field where you can put in custom configuration to give him different gear or loadout for example, or to make the unit execute certain scripts. How can I accomplish that on the civilians that spawn in dynamically (I'm talking about the script versions of your mod)?

Just a quick question, is this compatible at all if I host over a lan server with a friend? I remember using it in the past, though I'm just double checking.

After installing it, the enhancements are great. However, I can not move forward when walking, but only while standing up, I can crouch walk forwards, and crawl forwards, but I can not walk. I also noticed in the settings.jar I can not disable animations. Should I reinstall?

EDIT: Went to reinstall anyways, I got this error - http://puu.sh/bhpK2/1dc3f5a33c.png

Edited by Prototype556