tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Not sure what to make of the NV, I will look into it.

I've noticed that issue as well. I've also noticed sometimes, that when starting a mission, it might not work at all until I save the mission and reload it and use moduload.

Other than that... Have you thought about my suggestion from several posts ago about having the option of controlling the brightness of the NV?

I've noticed that issue as well. I've also noticed sometimes, that when starting a mission, it might not work at all until I save the mission and reload it and use moduload.

Other than that... Have you thought about my suggestion from several posts ago about having the option of controlling the brightness of the NV?

I have actually, because depending on the lighting config for a particular map the NV can be too bright, or not bright enough.

I have actually, because depending on the lighting config for a particular map the NV can be too bright, or not bright enough.

:shine:

Or during sunset etc.

:shine:

OK, got adjustable NV working with Ctrl+Alt+B, will be released in the next day or 2.

Edited by tpw

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

TPW MODS 20140829: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140829.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.38] Adjustable full colour night vision brightness - cycle through them with Ctrl+Alt+B. Still more zero divisor errors squashed.

This release also marks the first public appearance of Gliptal's clever TPW MODS installer script. Please test it out and let Gliptal and myself know if there are any issues with it.

NV brightness key conflict, and arma is already running out of assigned keys especially with mods

maybe put it on the action menu? and should only appear whenever you have your NV up

NV brightness key conflict, and arma is already running out of assigned keys especially with mods

maybe put it on the action menu? and should only appear whenever you have your NV up

I assume the installer worked fine? Sorry for asking, but want to make sure.

Yay!

it couldnt find my directory
Hmm, could you please copy the error you get?

Yay!

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

I love how this mod makes such fantastic use of aircraft mods for the flyover feature and the CAF Aggressor mod for the skirmish, soooooooo....how about using this - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26188 - for your CAR features (civilians driving around and parked cars). If you REALLY wanna make it SUPER AWESOME, you could make it so only certain cars spawn on certain maps. I for ONE am weirded out everytime the locals in Shapur, Takistan etc. only drive brand new looking BMW X6's and Civic's. On startis or Altis it's no problem, but some maps could really benefit from some more locally appropriate cars. I think it would be exactly what this feature has been looking for. Who's with me? :)

I love how this mod makes such fantastic use of aircraft mods for the flyover feature and the CAF Aggressor mod for the skirmish, soooooooo....how about using this - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26188 - for your CAR features (civilians driving around and parked cars). If you REALLY wanna make it SUPER AWESOME, you could make it so only certain cars spawn on certain maps. I for ONE am weirded out everytime the locals in Shapur, Takistan etc. only drive brand new looking BMW X6's and Civic's. On startis or Altis it's no problem, but some maps could really benefit from some more locally appropriate cars. I think it would be exactly what this feature has been looking for. Who's with me? :)

One step ahead of you bro. I've been investigating Reyhard's civ pack for both civilians and cars but there are a few wrinkles to iron out . The cars in particular look great but have absolutely insane volume levels. By the way, the cars only look brand new to you in 2014, by 2035 they're meant to be old shitboxes.

One step ahead of you bro. I've been investigating Reyhard's civ pack for both civilians and cars but there are a few wrinkles to iron out . The cars in particular look great but have absolutely insane volume levels. By the way, the cars only look brand new to you in 2014, by 2035 they're meant to be old shitboxes.

Hehe, great news. I was just playing Winter Thirsk today and had the same exact thought -nice going TPW :)

Awesome, thanks man, so I take it you've seen the new update to that mod where the volume has been sorted(apparently, I haven't tested the new version yet.) Cheers.

Awesome, thanks man, so I take it you've seen the new update to that mod where the volume has been sorted(apparently, I haven't tested the new version yet.) Cheers.

Tried the new version and it didn't seem any better, though there apparently was a mixup with the upload. I've redownloaded it from Armaholic and will test again.

EDIT: Still problems with very loud and massively distorted (clipping?) engine noises

EDIT 2: I had a play with the config and basically made all vehicle related noises 1/10th as loud, this seems to bring them back into the same ballpark of volume as other Arma3 vehicles.

EDIT 3: I've overhauled my civilian code to include RDS civilians on European maps. No more people running around in shorts and polo tops when it's 3degC on Chernarus. If people can give me some ideas on which maps (including worldname) to include RDS civs on that would be helpful. So far I have Chernarus, Utes, Bystrica, Bukovina, Podagorsk, Thirsk, Celle, Moschnyi, Zernovo.

Edited by tpw

TPW MODS 20140830: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140830.zip

Changes:

[ANIM SPEED] Tactical jog speed adjustable, reduced head bobbing for rifle run.

[HUD 1.39] HUD NV brightness keys only active when NV is active.

[sKIRMISH 1.17] Camera shake from distant explosions called by skirmishing squads.

[CARS 1.38, PARK 1.10] Added support for RDS Civilian vehicles.

[bOATS 1.28, CARS 1.38, CIVS 1.39, CORE 1.06] Added support for RDS civilians - if user has RDS civ pack installed then they will be used on European maps.

Please update your tpw_mods.hpp file

Quite a few changes in this update:

I've adjusted the headbob for the rifle run. This means that the head bobbing from relaxed walk -> jog -> run -> sprint no longer has any jarring inconsistencies. I've also slowed down the tactical jog. I'm pretty happy with the increased realism of the various slower paces now, but if you disagree then feel free to change them back to their ridiculous defaults!

I've added a camera shake function for distant explosions caused by ordnance called (spawned actually) by TPW SKIRMISH. This takes into account the speed of sound, and will give increased shake the closer the player is to the explosions. Adds a bit of battlefield ambience.

After many requests I've now been able to add Reyhard's excellent RDS A2 Civilians and A2 Civilian vehicles pack. You can now have the Eastern European shitboxes you've been pining for! Please be aware that the vehicles have radically louder volumes than A3 vehicles. I am working on a config replacement for this issue.

Edited by tpw

Let me add that, if you use 'install.bat', all presets and 'TPW_MODS.hpp' will be automatically updated with the new variables!

Yay!

Not Found

The resource could not be found.

Try again, you probably tried just as I was reuploading.

hehe - Probably. Works now. :)

---------- Post added at 13:32 ---------- Previous post was at 13:29 ----------

Okay, it works, but Chrome now identifies the file as a harmful file and blocks it.

Of course I can unblock and force Chrome to get it anyway.

I suppose it has something to do with the executables in the zip-file.

Cheers

Ffs gotta hate over sensitive filters. I mean seriously, everyone runs Antiviruses, Antispywares and Firewalls why the heck do browser also need to block stuff just because I'm not paying to verify a less than 1000 lines exe.

@stlassen: does everything at least work?

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

Ffs gotta hate over sensitive filters. I mean seriously, everyone runs Antiviruses, Antispywares and Firewalls why the heck do browser also need to block stuff just because I'm not paying to verify a less than 1000 lines exe.

@stlassen: does everything at least work?

Yay!

Hehe - Yeah. It works. :)

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

Hehe - Yeah. It works. :)

Well... Numbers in the settings app is messed up. The numbers is shown in the wrong fields.

Cheers

What is messed up exactly?

Yay!