tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

i dont know if this is fixed yet as im still using the version before the 2 latest ones

Error in expression <rkers - 1) do

{

_marker = allmapmarkers select _ct;

if ((!isnil "_marker") && {g>

Error position: <select _ct;

Error Zero divisor

File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 676

happens im near a (hostile?) boat or static weapon TPW cant identify

i dont know if this is fixed yet as im still using the version before the 2 latest ones

{

Error Zero divisor

Thanks for the detailed heads up xrook. These bugs give me the shits, they're hard to replicate and difficult to pin down. Every little bit of feedback like yours helps me.

{

Error Zero divisor

I would recommend always using the latest version in case tpw had already fixed it. It is not very fair having him chase a bug that might already have been solved. Of course if it still exists in the latest versions then fair enough.

will i still have my health indicator?

Yes you will!

still there

{

Error Zero divisor

File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 692

also

i dont think this is a health indicator anymore, i thought i had half the HP

since this is a heartbeat indicator now how can i tell if im damaged aside from noticing my bloody clothes

----

Error in expression <elect _ct;

if (!lineintersects [eyepos _squadmem, eyepos _unit,vehicle _unit,ve>

Error position: <_squadmem, eyepos _unit,vehicle _unit,ve>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _squadmem

File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 1081

Edited by xrook

i dont think this is a health indicator anymore, i thought i had half the HP

since this is a heartbeat indicator now how can i tell if im damaged aside from noticing my bloody clothes

The health indicator is still there, just below the HR monitor.

@xrook, you've got a knack for encountering errors that I never see (eg the line 1081 one)!

it just showed up one time.. never saw it again

TPW MODS 20140822: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140822.zip

Changes:

[NEW] Animation speed of unarmed walk, rifle down walk, rifle raised walk, roll left and roll right are now configurable. Huge thanks to Igitur for pointing me in the right direction with this.

[CIVS 1.38] Civs will use the defined walk speed rather than being slowed down using fatigue.

[sTREETLIGHTS 1.03] Fixed errors related to initialising of sun angle checking.

[FALL 1.35] Fixed units yelling while in water.

[HUD 1.36] Yet more zero divisor errors squashed.

Please update your tpw_mods.hpp file

Hi all

A reasonably significant set of changes. Apart from the usual bugfixes, I have with Igitur's help been able to allow user definable speeds for walking and rolling animations. The default speeds for rolling, unarmed walking and lowered rifle walking have basically become comically fast and unrealistic (in my humble opinion), this update changes them back to something approaching normality. You can of course adjust the speeds back to Arm3 defaults or just remove animspeed.pbo.

If there are any other speeds you'd like changed please let me know.

Once again, massive thanks to Igitur for his heads up on this.

Not sure if I understood the OP correctly, and I can't be arsed to look trough 211 pages for it, does this actually work with the BI campaign? And the @TPW_MODS stays the same, right? I don't have to move any of the sub-folders? I actually think I do have to move them but I want to be sure about it.

Sincerely,

An complete and total arse named Deny ;P

Hi Deny. As per the 1st post, I highly recommend playing the campaign first without TPW MODS. TPW MODS will "work" more or less with any campaign or mission, but may change the dynamics of the mission in ways that the designer didn't intend. You can leave @TPW_MODS where is is and just disable the various features.

the configurable walk speeds are awesome man. very nice to get a more realistic speed movement, thanks

Hi Deny. As per the 1st post, I highly recommend playing the campaign first without TPW MODS. TPW MODS will "work" more or less with any campaign or mission, but may change the dynamics of the mission in ways that the designer didn't intend. You can leave @TPW_MODS where is is and just disable the various features.

I already did play it, pretty good campaign, but that was quite some time ago,worked nicely. Now I added a few replacement packs, and this mod. Now going at it again. Anyway, thanks for the quick reply.

Hmm, those #defines are a different template than usual, but I should be able to make it work for the GUI. Just a couple of things: the .hpp is missing the final //>< and remember you can ask me anytime how to set up the installer (if you want to that is).

Yay!

Hi Gliptal. Thanks for trying to stay on top of my !@#$ed up hpp! I was so surprised that I got the #define thing working that I forgot to put the appropriate tags! Drop me a PM and we'll sort out the installer stuff.

Disclaimers aside, I played through the campaign with TPW and had no problems. Definitely disable skirmish, but nothing else should be missionbreaking.

On the contrary, I never want to play ArmA 3 without TPW Fall enabled ever again. It's as essential as ACE was in A2, if not moreso.

And a lot of the scouting missions in the campaign are pure drudgery without TPW adding some ambient vehicles in.

Changes:

[NEW] Animation speed of unarmed walk, rifle down walk, rifle raised walk, roll left and roll right are now configurable. Huge thanks to Igitur for pointing me in the right direction with this.

Nice update.

About walking speed... In the config file, you list some ArmA 3 default values. Where do you have those numbers from? I'm asking because when I test, the listed default value for rifledown_walkspeed is faster than my vanilla walking speed.

Distance ~66 m. / Vanilla (no mods) = ~46 sec. / Listed default = ~39 sec. / New value = ~63 sec. /

But it is a nice update and quite good that we can now change the speeds ourselves. :ok:

Nice update.

About walking speed... In the config file, you list some ArmA 3 default values. Where do you have those numbers from? I'm asking because when I test, the listed default value for rifledown_walkspeed is faster than my vanilla walking speed.

Distance ~66 m. / Vanilla (no mods) = ~46 sec. / Listed default = ~39 sec. / New value = ~63 sec. /

But it is a nice update and quite good that we can now change the speeds ourselves. :ok:

You're right mate, I'd just swapped a couple of values by mistake. The default values from the anims_f.pbo config are:

walk rifledown: speed=0.30000001;

walk rifleup: speed=0.85000002;

walk unarmed: speed=0.34999999;

roll left: speed=1.1;

roll right: speed=1.2;

I'll update the hpp accordingly.

Error in expression <"_thresh","_uthresh"];

_thresh = 8;

if (tpw_core_sunangle < 0) then

{

_thresh =>

Error position: <tpw_core_sunangle < 0) then

{

_thresh =>

Error Undefined variable in expression: tpw_core_sunangle

i started the a new game in WLA then clicked continue from briefing, this occurred

@tpw - I'm still experiencing crippling fatigue issues surrounding suppression, even with playersup turned off. The last thing I want when under fire is to be crawling through treacle - I want the bugger shhoting me to be having to trace a stoat coloured blur! Any thoughts on why changing playersup to 0 still causes the less desirable result?

TIA

You're right mate, I'd just swapped a couple of values by mistake. The default values from the anims_f.pbo config are:

walk rifledown: speed=0.30000001;

walk rifleup: speed=0.85000002;

walk unarmed: speed=0.34999999;

roll left: speed=1.1;

roll right: speed=1.2;

I'll update the hpp accordingly.

Cool! :) :ok:

Error in expression <"_thresh","_uthresh"];

_thresh = 8;

if (tpw_core_sunangle < 0) then

{

_thresh =>

Error position: <tpw_core_sunangle < 0) then

{

_thresh =>

Error Undefined variable in expression: tpw_core_sunangle

i started the a new game in WLA then clicked continue from briefing, this occurred

Thanks mate, I have updated all of the scripts using tpw_core_sunangle so that they won't initialise until it has.

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

@tpw - I'm still experiencing crippling fatigue issues surrounding suppression, even with playersup turned off. The last thing I want when under fire is to be crawling through treacle - I want the bugger shhoting me to be having to trace a stoat coloured blur! Any thoughts on why changing playersup to 0 still causes the less desirable result?

TIA

If you have playersup = 0 then there is no possibility for fatigue fx of any kind to be applied to the player. I certainly never see them. You can still be fatigued by other TPW MODS though: if you get hit, or if you are bleeding out. Or if you are running other mods perhaps...

@tpw: Any chance you could please add

//animationsActivePlaceholder = 1;

just before the first #define?

Yay!