tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Hi mate,

Sorry I haven't been in touch in the past week or so. I came off my bike offroad and have been concussed. I'm getting back to normal but I'm coming out with all sorts of gibberish (talking and typing) so I can't concentrate and I don't trust myself to do any work on stuff as the things I have done have turned out to be flawed piles of crap.

Will be back in the land of the living soon and will be able to carry on.

All the best, DA.

Have a quick recovery Das

Gliptal, I'm too tired to wrap my head around the changes required for your installer so haven't yet included it in the archive.
Don't worry, it's a pretty big update so it's actually better to have even more new things in one of the next smaller ones.

I'll have the updated GUI ready in a few hours.

Hi mate,

Sorry I haven't been in touch in the past week or so. I came off my bike offroad and have been concussed. I'm getting back to normal but I'm coming out with all sorts of gibberish (talking and typing) so I can't concentrate and I don't trust myself to do any work on stuff as the things I have done have turned out to be flawed piles of crap.

Will be back in the land of the living soon and will be able to carry on.

All the best, DA.

Get better! :D
Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing this in action. I do, however, have a comment to the HRmax that you have defined as HRrest x4. I think that would be a bit too much. Using your values, if the HRrest is 65, that would give a HRmax of 260, which physiologically and in all practicality would mean close to a heart attack. During physical exertion, even extreme, the HRmax is more likely to be around 220-age of person. That is a rough estimate, but it is around that number. Getting the pulse to HRmax in training, is very difficult and truly requires you to push yourself to the limit and then some.

HRmax is determined by physiological factors and generally goes down roughly by 1 with age, but it varies. I'm 44 and a long-distance runner, and my HRmax is 196 (even though the formula says it should be 176). The formular just gives a rough average HRmax. It should not be possible to push the HR above HRmax, unless something is very wrong with the heart, in which case I would suggest a visit to the doctor. ;-)

Just some thoughts. :-)

Cheers :)

I also think that X4 is a bit too high of a BPM.

Yay!

EDIT: @TPW: Regarding those .hpp changes, the prx hlt line is already present, and I see no changes in that section in the new .hpp.

Edited by Gliptal

Hello, TPW I read the change log so did DA make a new "shell" ?? because i now the last problem was that the bullets would impact and go off trajectory.

WOW,

DasAtttorney, Take it easy man sounds like you hit your head pretty hard. I have been there. Just relax and let your brain heal... !! that is an order soldier!!

Edited by Lordprimate

Hi guys

@stlassen, thanks for the great info on HRmax etc. I've used your wisdom to adjust things slightly so the heart rate should max out at 3 x HRrest.

@Gliptal:

Used to be tpw_hud_hlt_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />HLT</t>"; // HLT

Is now tpw_hud_hlt_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />HLT %2</t>"; // HLT

@Das: Bloody hell mate. I guess I can accept concussion as a reason for being incommunicado! I hope you get better soon.

@LP: DA did indeed engineer a clever new suppression object which is less of a shell and more like 3 vanes at 120 degrees to each other. It's completely transparent to explosions, doesn't interact with rotors, and only very rarely seems to cause bullet deflection. As I stated, it's still experimental and disabled by default. If you want to try it out the feedback would be appreciated by DA and me.

Totally missed that percentage, sorry.

Yay!

@stlassen, thanks for the great info on HRmax etc. I've used your wisdom to adjust things slightly so the heart rate should max out at 3 x HRrest.

Awesome! :D

I've been testing it, and I actually use your HR monitor more than anything else to measure when how much strain I can put on myself and when to take a break. :)

An other thing, velocity... How do you measure that? It's just I think it seems a little bit too fast, but I will have to test it out a bit more in-game.

TPW SETTINGS

[1.11.6] | UPDATE YOUR PRESETS

- parameters matching EBS [1.23]

Remember to update your presets:

- Add the line

tpw_ebs_suptype = 0;

after

tpw_ebs_findcover = 1;

- Change the line

tpw_hud_hlt_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />HLT</t>";

to

tpw_hud_hlt_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />HLT %2</t>";

Hopefully this is one of the last times you'll need to do the modifying by yourself. :D

Yay!

Awesome! :D

I've been testing it, and I actually use your HR monitor more than anything else to measure when how much strain I can put on myself and when to take a break. :)

An other thing, velocity... How do you measure that? It's just I think it seems a little bit too fast, but I will have to test it out a bit more in-game.

Velocity is measured using an in engine command: speed _vel = round (speed vehicle player); It is what it is.

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:01 ----------

TPW SETTINGS

[1.11.6] | UPDATE YOUR PRESETS

- parameters matching EBS [1.23]

Remember to update your presets:

- Add the line

tpw_ebs_suptype = 0;

after

tpw_ebs_findcover = 1;

- Change the line

tpw_hud_hlt_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />HLT</t>";

to

tpw_hud_hlt_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />HLT %2</t>";

Hopefully this is one of the last times you'll need to do the modifying by yourself. :D

Yay!

Thanks Gliptal!

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

TPW MODS 20140814: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140814.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.36] Maximum heartrate lowered to 3 x resting heartrate.

[sKIRMISH 1.16] Removed NV goggles from CAF Aggressor and ISIS vehicle occupants. Improved close heli support code.

[FALL 1.34] Fixed bug which prevented units from subsequently falling after an initial fall of less than 1m.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Velocity is measured using an in engine command: speed _vel = round (speed vehicle player); It is what it is.

Yeah. It is what it is. The BIS way. ;)

Skirmish should definitely be turned off by default, so as not to break every mission ever.

All the mods other features are minimally disruptive and most people will enable them on a permanent basis.

Edited by maturin

How i can run this mod with SP campaign? Without skirmish module.

Tpw, just had a flash of inspiration for the next part of your package. As we all know, although the maps are ok, here is one thing missing FURNITURE! What about a module that will spawn some random furniture inside a building, in the same way that civs spawn (closeness to players) and despawn. Of course, the check could be 5m or so before popping chairs.

Tough enough challenge?

Error in expression <astpos > (tpw_streetlights_range/4) && {tpw_core_sunangle < 0}) then

{

_lastpos >

Error position: <tpw_core_sunangle < 0}) then

{

_lastpos >

Error Undefined variable in expression: tpw_core_sunangle

File TPW_MODS\tpw_streetlights.sqf, line 158

This comes up every time you start a mission.

This comes up every time you start a mission.

Thanks for that. I will put a waituntil tpw_core_sunangle clause into a few scripts which should solve it.

---------- Post added at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

Tpw, just had a flash of inspiration for the next part of your package. As we all know, although the maps are ok, here is one thing missing FURNITURE! What about a module that will spawn some random furniture inside a building, in the same way that civs spawn (closeness to players) and despawn. Of course, the check could be 5m or so before popping chairs.

Tough enough challenge?

I have toyed with the concept on and off but it's a very tricky problem. It's trivial to randomly spawn/despawn furniture, but spawning it in a meaningful way inside each house is very difficult.

I have toyed with the concept on and off but it's a very tricky problem. It's trivial to randomly spawn/despawn furniture, but spawning it in a meaningful way inside each house is very difficult.

Is it possible to find a house and then get what type of house it is? If so you could make some templates for various types of houses.

Yeah was thinking about some kind of compositions that would make life much easier. Doesn't need much in each building. A few chairs and tables etc. I think it would be an amazing addition to the package.

Is it possible to find a house and then get what type of house it is? If so you could make some templates for various types of houses.

Damn, how come I never thought about that?:p

Great idea, I might experiment with it for my own missions (it is actually quite easy to find what types buildings belong to)!

Damn, how come I never thought about that?:p

Great idea, I might experiment with it for my own missions (it is actually quite easy to find what types buildings belong to)!

It's a gift I have. :D :shine: :p

No, seriously, let us know your progress. :)

Cheers

Yeah having to pull missions apart isn't what I want to have to do. An automatic furnisher would be ideal.

Hey TPW,

Found a bug with the Fall addon. Anytime I have a diver in the water and I begin to dive 1 meter below the surface the player character starts repeatedly making the fell down noise "ugh, ugh, ugh" until I surface.

I'm using ver 20140814 with both massi's socom divers and A3 vanilla divers.

It doesn't seem to change when I mess with the Fall modules variables, but ceases immediately if Fall is disabled entirely.

Hope that helps.

Again...Fantastic mod. Use it 100% of the time.

B

@BadLucky1776: thanks for the kind words and the bug report. I will fix this for teh next release in a day or so.

@Kremator et al: yep template based furnishing is the way I'd always planned to do it. TPW MODS already only selects "habitable" houses, and there aren't that many different classes. It's the furnishing aspect that's the pain in the hole.