tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

tpw_fall_player = 0 will stop the player from falling over from height and when hit by bullets/explosions. tpw_fall_player=1 will enable this behaviour. Setting tpw_fall_player=false will not work, it needs to be either 1 or 0.

Are you running any other mods that might be conflicting with TPW MODS?

Sorry, that was a typo. It is set to zero.

Oh, naturally - CBA on its own works just fine. :) It's definitely tied to something tpw's mods are doing. The music only cuts out when tpw_fall is active (I've tested it with and without the rest of the tpw components).

Interesting new development - setting tpw_fall_delay to 20 in the userconfig solves the problem. 20 seconds in, the music doesn't cut out.

Very mysterious. TPW FALL does use a playmusic command which could interfere with your music, but it only uses it for sound effects when you are freefalling or under canopy. I will look into this further for you.

I had a curious incident last night. I used Team Switch to change to a team member. I wasn't aware that he had been hit by a TPW car whilst crossing the road. He was lying in the middle of the road undergoing TPW Bleedout and couldn't move. Once I had changed to this team member, I was unable to use any keys on the keyboard except for the map. I couldn't use Team Switch to change back or press ESC to access anything else. I waited for him to bleedout, and getting run over by another TPW car didn't help. In the end I had to use task manager to crash out of Arma

This may be an Arma issue as much as anything else and is probably very rare. Does bleedout remove access to other commands? Of course it could have been that I had switched in just as he expired, in which case, why do dead bodies need to look at maps?

Hey man, just wondering if you could make blood caused by bleeding stay permanently? As of now the blood disappears after a minute or two. Also if you could make debris caused by destroyed vehicles stay permanent too it would be awesome.

Maybe by duplicating the destroyed model and spawning it just as the old one disappears?

Yay!

Error in expression <rkers - 1) do

{

_marker = allmapmarkers select _ct;

if ((!isnil "_marker") && {g>

Error position: <select _ct;

if ((!isnil "_marker") && {g>

Error Zero divisor

File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 676

Hey tpw! I think I have good news.

I just finished properly coding the entire installer suite for your package. This is basically made up of two elements:

- the installer (1)

- the updater (2)

(1)

"install.exe" (written in batch script and then converted to executable) will automatically copy all required files from the downloadable package to the correct Arma III folder: it queries the windows registry (thanks pettka!) to identify it; a shortcut to the GUI will also be created on the desktop.

The installer is valid for any possible future update you may make for TPW MODS, and won't require constant changes like TPW SETTINGS, unless you radically change the folder structure: this means that the only thing you are required to do is keep it in the .rar every time you push out a new version, exactly like you do with TPW SETTINGS.

I made quite a few changes from the previous version, now it's scripted better and more error safe.

(2)

"update.exe" (written in C++) is automatically called by the install script, and will update TPW_MODS.hpp and any saved presets with any changes specified by you. This means, for example, that if in a next update you add two variables, remove one and change another, there will be no need for the end user to manually edit his (hers) files to bring them to match.

"update.exe reads" the commands you write in "edits.txt" and executes them on all relevant files. The possible commands are the following:

- to add a variable after an existing variable

add
[new variable]
after
[existing variable]

- to add a variable before an existing variable

add
[new variable]
before
[existing variable]

- to remove a variable

remove
[existing variable]

- to modify a variable

change
[existing variable]
[modified variable]

In edits.txt the first line should be the number of edits you are making (so if no edits are made for that particular update, the value should be '0'); a blank line must separate this number from the first edit and from each subsequent edit. Here is an example of a correct "edits.txt"

add
ADD TEST AFTER
after
tpw_air_exclude

add
ADD TEST BEFORE
before
tpw_animal_minradius

remove
tpw_boat_radius

change
tpw_car_waypoints
CHANGE TEST

Just a few notes:

- As the [existing variable] you must write only the first word (that is up to the first space) on that variable's line. For example, if you wish to remove

tpw_air_heights[] = {50,250,500};

you must identify it as

remove
tpw_air_heights[]

Spaces are obviously allowed in the [new variable] and [existing variable] parts.

- Technically you could use just 'a', 'r', 'c' for 'add', 'remove', 'change' and 'a', 'b' for 'after', 'before'; the line is checked for only the first char and not the entire string.

- There is no need for the edits to be listed in any particular order.

The whole structure inside the .rar should look like this:

@TPW_MODS     <--  your folder, obviously: if you rename it "install.exe" must be modified
edits.txt     <--  your edits: must be there even if there are no changes (set the first line to '0')
install.exe   <--  the installer
shortcut.exe  <--  there is no batch command to make shortcuts, because microsoft: this external program fills the hole
update.exe    <--  the updater

Hope all this ends up being useful! I'll post the link to download everything as soon as I'm done with some testing.

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

Hey tpw! I think I have good news.

I just finished properly coding the entire installer suite for your package. This is basically made up of two elements:

- the installer (1)

- the updater (2)

(1)

"install.exe" (written in batch script and then converted to executable) will automatically copy all required files from the downloadable package to the correct Arma III folder: it queries the windows registry (thanks pettka!) to identify it; a shortcut to the GUI will also be created on the desktop.

The installer is valid for any possible future update you may make for TPW MODS, and won't require constant changes like TPW SETTINGS, unless you radically change the folder structure: this means that the only thing you are required to do is keep it in the .rar every time you push out a new version, exactly like you do with TPW SETTINGS.

I made quite a few changes from the previous version, now it's scripted better and more error safe.

(2)

"update.exe" (written in C++) is automatically called by the install script, and will update TPW_MODS.hpp and any saved presets with any changes specified by you. This means, for example, that if in a next update you add two variables, remove one and change another, there will be no need for the end user to manually edit his (hers) files to bring them to match.

"update.exe reads" the commands you write in "edits.txt" and executes them on all relevant files. The possible commands are the following:

- to add a variable after an existing variable

add
[new variable]
after
[existing variable]

- to add a variable before an existing variable

add
[new variable]
before
[existing variable]

- to remove a variable

remove
[existing variable]

- to modify a variable

change
[existing variable]
[modified variable]

In edits.txt the first line should be the number of edits you are making (so if no edits are made for that particular update, the value should be '0'); a blank line must separate this number from the first edit and from each subsequent edit. Here is an example of a correct "edits.txt"

add
ADD TEST AFTER
after
tpw_air_exclude

add
ADD TEST BEFORE
before
tpw_animal_minradius

remove
tpw_boat_radius

change
tpw_car_waypoints
CHANGE TEST

Just a few notes:

- As the [existing variable] you must write only the first word (that is up to the first space) on that variable's line. For example, if you wish to remove

tpw_air_heights[] = {50,250,500};

you must identify it as

remove
tpw_air_heights[]

Spaces are obviously allowed in the [new variable] and [existing variable] parts.

- Technically you could use just 'a', 'r', 'c' for 'add', 'remove', 'change' and 'a', 'b' for 'after', 'before'; the line is checked for only the first char and not the entire string.

- There is no need for the edits to be listed in any particular order.

The whole structure inside the .rar should look like this:

@TPW_MODS     <--  your folder, obviously: if you rename it "install.exe" must be modified
edits.txt     <--  your edits: must be there even if there are no changes (set the first line to '0')
install.exe   <--  the installer
shortcut.exe  <--  there is no batch command to make shortcuts, because microsoft: this external program fills the hole
update.exe    <--  the updater

Hope all this ends up being useful! I'll post the link to download everything as soon as I'm done with some testing.

Yay!

You are the man Gliptal. Thanks very much for all your hard work on this. As soon as you've uploaded your work I'll include it with the next download of TPW MODS. This should really make life easier for installers and users. Thanks again.

You are the man Gliptal. Thanks very much for all your hard work on this. As soon as you've uploaded your work I'll include it with the next download of TPW MODS. This should really make life easier for installers and users. Thanks again.
Here it is: TPW INSTALLER

Everything you need is in the "full" folder, the rest are just source and testing files.

I tested it on two PCs (no 32bit though) and everything seemed to work fine, I'm afraid we'll have to wait for real testing until the your next update though. :D

Yay!

Suggestion:

Is it possible to add control of the HUD's NV brightness? There are certain times of day, dusk and dawn, where the light is just too high for the HUD NV to be usefull, but too low for normal sight.

Also how about adding the keybindings part to the CBA keybinding configuration option?

Cheers :)

Edited by stlassen

Suggestion:

Could fatigue be added to the HUD? Since health is there and fatigue is so essentiel now, I think it would fit in with the concept of the HUD.

^^ or even better a heart rate monitor (which is indeed linked to fatigue!)

Resting heart rate around 70 (well they are fit), raising linearly as it links to fatigue would look cool.

^^ or even better a heart rate monitor (which is indeed linked to fatigue!)

Resting heart rate around 70 (well they are fit), raising linearly as it links to fatigue would look cool.

Yeah! Neat! :)

But 70 resting heart rate is too high for fit people. The average RHR is 60-80 for men and 70-90 for women. For fit athletes it can go as low as 40-50, for some even lower (Indurain, Riis, etc had RHR below 40 down to 30, but they were extremes).

I'm fit (long distance runner) and mine is steady around ~53-54.

I actually toyed with the idea for a while but it's not as straightforward as a linear relationship between fatigue and BPM. Heart rate will also go up when adrenaline kicks in (eg when suppressed), and can drop when shock and blood loss occur. I can have a go at modelling this kind of thing but it will basically be chewing up CPU for aesthetics. But then again, that concept defines my mods anyway...

I actually toyed with the idea for a while but it's not as straightforward as a linear relationship between fatigue and BPM. Heart rate will also go up when adrenaline kicks in (eg when suppressed), and can drop when shock and blood loss occur. I can have a go at modelling this kind of thing but it will basically be chewing up CPU for aesthetics. But then again, that concept defines my mods anyway...

You are right, it isn't straight forward to model something that resembles real life and I don't think you should go precise, but an approximation would could do it as well.

But until a proper HR monitor has been build, adding fatigue would be a nice and quick addition. ;)

Oh! And make it possible to change the NV light intensity of the HUD. ;)

Cheers ;)

Maybe something that looks at if a unit has fired, or has come under attack and combine with fatigue to work out a heartrate? We got plenty of CPU cycles to spare tpw, unless you have some other gem in the works that takes priority :)

i dunno if this is TPW related

im currently playing in Campaign Adapt: Patrol mission with TPW skirmish and hud (rest are off) on, and as soon i engage an enemy patrol load a saved game my Tactical Shades disappear a few minutes later (replicated it or not after playing for a couple of minutes the game took my shades away again :mad:) taking out my tactical hud

occurred twice already multiple times

and found this twice in logs

Serialization of Display variables is not implemented

this did not happen when i was playing the previous campaign mission or mission mods like WLA

Edited by xrook

Solved!

About the scripted version... I'm trying to include it in a mission I'm working on, but are having some difficulties.

Basically how do I lock spawning to specific areas?

e.g. I'm trying to have animals spawn only at certain locations on the map, say within a trigger area, but I can't get it to spawn anything.

There is a trigger on the map defined like this:

Type: None
Activation: BLUFOR, repeatedly,present
Condition: vehicle player in thislist && time > 10;
On act. : tpw_animal_active = true;
On dea. : tpw_animal_active = false;

In the missions init.sqf file I have this:

waitUntil {!isNull player};

// TPW MDOS
0 = [] execvm "\TPW\tpw_core.sqf";
sleep 0.5;
0 = [10,15,200,75,60] execvm "\TPW\tpw_animals.sqf";
sleep 0.5;
tpw_animal_active = false;

Removing the \ infront of TPW of 0 = [] execvm "\TPW\tpw_core.sqf"; solved it. Stupid mistake. ;)

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

Is it possible to have TPW spawns be locked to a specific area, e.g. inside a trigger area?

Right now I can activate it when the player enters a trigger area, but the spawns still happen outside the area, or would this have to be en extension to TPW?

Edited by stlassen

TPW MODS 20140813: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140813.zip

Changes:

[CORE 1.05, SKIRMISH 1.15] Initial prespawning of units so that textures are cached to reduce stuttering.

[EBS 1.23] Fixed bugs in player suppression. User may select between bullet centric and suppression shell based suppression.

[FALL 1.33] Fixed handling of units in vehicles. Fixed potential problem with freefall noises interfering with music when player is not freefalling.

[HUD 1.35] Displays heartrate (bpm) related to fatigue and degree of injury, with health as the minor indicator.

Please update your tpw_mods.hpp file

No updates for a few weeks - I managed to blow up my trusty old GTX570 and didn't have access to an Arma3 capable computer for a couple of weeks until I installed a GTX660 (nice upgrade!).

This update continues with a few more performance optimisations, bug fixes, and 2 new features:

Those of you who follow this thread will know that the inimitable Das Attorney has helped to revive the suppression shell concept for TPW EBS, with a new shell that overcomes nearly all of the shortcomings of my previous implementation. This means that suppression is now determined using the optimised low level collision routines of the Arma engine rather than through per frame bullet centric scripting. I have reimplemented this into EBS so that users may chose between the bullet centric (default) or Das's shell based suppression. He is continuing to refine the concept and I will introduce any changes. In the mean time, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, I have introduced a heartrate (BPM) monitor into the health indicator of TPW HUD. A player's BPM will increase in response to both fatigue, and injury. The player will start with a resting BPM of 55-65. This will rise up to 100+ once audible puffing breathing kicks in. A BPM of 180+ corresponds to the players being forced to slow down from fatigue. BPM will max out at 4x the resting BPM. BPM will basically give a player some rough feedback on their fatigue status and ability to move quickly if required. If your BPM is 170 it's probably best not to chance a dash across 100m of open ground under fire.

These changes have necessitated changes to the tpw_mods.hpp:

EBS:

tpw_ebs_suptype = 0; // Suppression type. 0 = bullet centric, 1 = suppression shell object

HUD:

tpw_hud_hlt_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />HLT %2</t>"; // HLT

Gliptal, I'm too tired to wrap my head around the changes required for your installer so haven't yet included it in the archive.

Hi mate,

Sorry I haven't been in touch in the past week or so. I came off my bike offroad and have been concussed. I'm getting back to normal but I'm coming out with all sorts of gibberish (talking and typing) so I can't concentrate and I don't trust myself to do any work on stuff as the things I have done have turned out to be flawed piles of crap.

Will be back in the land of the living soon and will be able to carry on.

All the best, DA.

Hi mate,

Sorry I haven't been in touch in the past week or so. I came off my bike offroad and have been concussed. I'm getting back to normal but I'm coming out with all sorts of gibberish (talking and typing) so I can't concentrate and I don't trust myself to do any work on stuff as the things I have done have turned out to be flawed piles of crap.

Will be back in the land of the living soon and will be able to carry on.

All the best, DA.

Oh jeez man, I hope you get well and feel better soon!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

First off, this sounds like a great update. Will test it later when I get home from work.

Secondly, I have introduced a heartrate (BPM) monitor into the health indicator of TPW HUD. A player's BPM will increase in response to both fatigue, and injury. The player will start with a resting BPM of 55-65. This will rise up to 100+ once audible puffing breathing kicks in. A BPM of 180+ corresponds to the players being forced to slow down from fatigue. BPM will max out at 4x the resting BPM. BPM will basically give a player some rough feedback on their fatigue status and ability to move quickly if required. If your BPM is 170 it's probably best not to chance a dash across 100m of open ground under fire.

Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing this in action. I do, however, have a comment to the HRmax that you have defined as HRrest x4. I think that would be a bit too much. Using your values, if the HRrest is 65, that would give a HRmax of 260, which physiologically and in all practicality would mean close to a heart attack. During physical exertion, even extreme, the HRmax is more likely to be around 220-age of person. That is a rough estimate, but it is around that number. Getting the pulse to HRmax in training, is very difficult and truly requires you to push yourself to the limit and then some.

HRmax is determined by physiological factors and generally goes down roughly by 1 with age, but it varies. I'm 44 and a long-distance runner, and my HRmax is 196 (even though the formula says it should be 176). The formular just gives a rough average HRmax. It should not be possible to push the HR above HRmax, unless something is very wrong with the heart, in which case I would suggest a visit to the doctor. ;-)

Just some thoughts. :-)