tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

TPW,

I found a small bug,i dont know if your aware of it,with TPW_FOG.

If,in the editor i place any infantry,and then set hide/show object modifier,and preview the mission,i can still see the invisible infantry exhibiting fog breath.

Creepy :D

No, I only just got joint custody of them!

The idea of the string is to find a some text that is unique to the units or vehciles that you want to spawn. Let's pretend that I had released an enemy units and vehicles addon with the following classnames:

TPW_OPFOR_SOLDIER_01

TPW_OPFOR_SOLDIER_02

TPW_OPFOR_SOLDIER_03

TPW_OPFOR_SOLDIER_04

TPW_OPFOR_CAR_01

TPW_OPFOR_CAR_02

TPW_OPFOR_CAR_03

It's pretty plain to see that the string "TPW_OPFOR" is common to all of them and would allow me to differentiate these units from anything else in the config.

To use these in game I'd use the following in the hpp:

tpw_skirmish_enemytype = 0; // 0 = custom units

tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring = "TPW_OPFOR";

tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring = "TPW_OPFOR";

You can only specify the one string for units and one for vehicles.

So you need to know the classnames of the custom units you want to use, so that you can pick a common string to specify them with. Either the mod author has provided the classnames, or you can use the config viewer in game. Soldiers and vehicles are both under CfgVehicles. I'm not going to hold your hand with this sorry.

THANK YOU!! That was exactly what I needed to know.

It still does not work... Only because I am trying to add ARMORED units and the script only calls CARS.

(after looking closer at the script) I see now on https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_EAST under Category, your script only looks for "men" and "cars".

Do you think you will add armored vehicles in an update? please sir.

Hi, how do you activate the HUD? I try to put on tactical glasses but nothing happen.

Hi, how do you activate the HUD? I try to put on tactical glasses but nothing happen.

I noticed that the tactical glasses only work in first person mode not in 3rd.

EDIT: yup, only in 1st person, have a read https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/docs/hud.txt

these things are very cool

Edited by Global Corps
link

Please read the README about how to configure TPW_MODS please.

Thank you for your reply, I tried in the editor, place a rifleman and give him a black tactical glass by "this addgoggles "G_Tactical_Black"" but nothing happened. I use first person mode all the time when i tried.:confused:

Thank you for your reply, I tried in the editor, place a rifleman and give him a black tactical glass by "this addgoggles "G_Tactical_Black"" but nothing happened. I use first person mode all the time when i tried.:confused:

The mod automatically adds the tactical glasses. You will then need to put them on....replace the regular shades if you're already wearing on.

If this is failing, delete the mod. Delete tpw _ mods folder from you user config directory. Download for Dropbox link on pg1. Place new tpw mods folder from user config folder in the download to your arma3\user config directory. Make sure your mission is not running script version Relaunch the game and try again in the editor.

PS. The user config allows you to allow HUD in third person. There was quite a lively debate on this thread about it. And the solution was as most things in life...give everyone the option to choose their experience. That is what make tpw mods one of the most widely used mod in Arma3. For now don't mess with settings let's just get your HUD working in first person :cool:

I am guilty of this too sometimes but you gotta read the Readme for the mods.

Edited by sttosin

Thank you, finally work after a fresh install of the mod. I was install the mod with playwithsix before, they somehow forget the userconflig file :p

Yes PW6 does that.

@tpw: maybe put a not in the OP saying that PW6 may break the mod at times?

Yay!

Hey TPW, I see you have ambient furniture in your to do list. How is that coming or how possible is it? It would be great to see the end of buildings that are just husks. Also can you/are you planning on making your civilian module compatible with the RDS A2 Civilian Pack? Thanks!

Yes PW6 does that.

@tpw: maybe put a not in the OP saying that PW6 may break the mod at times?

Yay!

Good idea. 99% of configuration questions on this thread are PW6 related.

Hey TPW, I see you have ambient furniture in your to do list. How is that coming or how possible is it? It would be great to see the end of buildings that are just husks. Also can you/are you planning on making your civilian module compatible with the RDS A2 Civilian Pack? Thanks!

No further progress on the furniture at this point. It will happen eventually!

I tried out the RDS A2 civ pack and it certainly looks a pretty good start. There are a few issues such as super loud vehicles, A2 civs not being able to wear A3 clothing etc. I think once the pack is a bit more mature I'll definitely integrate it in.

A2 civs not being able to wear A3 clothing etc.

what do you mean by that? Vests? Other than that I think everything is okay

Good idea. 99% of configuration questions on this thread are PW6 related.

No further progress on the furniture at this point. It will happen eventually!

I tried out the RDS A2 civ pack and it certainly looks a pretty good start. There are a few issues such as super loud vehicles, A2 civs not being able to wear A3 clothing etc. I think once the pack is a bit more mature I'll definitely integrate it in.

This is what makes a mod truly great that many people dont get."It will happen eventually" continued support on a mod is more important than anythingI beleive the recent update to arma has proven that to alot of people.

Cant wait for the furniture TPW.

Now all we need are sensible civs who lock their doors requiring players to "breach" ;)

TPW,

- with the latest ArmA on dev branch (also latest dev version before bootcamp update),

- latest TPW

- AND LATEST CBA! There was an update via SIX a few days ago

- and with this script call:

0 = [5,2,5,2,500,2000,1,1,1,30,"str1","str2","str3","str3"] execvm "\@tpw_mods\scripts\tpw_skirmish.sqf";

I get this:

2014-07-16_00001ujrq5.jpg

what do you mean by that? Vests? Other than that I think everything is okay

Hi Reyhard. I wasn't trying to shitcan your mod mate, it's fantastic work. I was doing some preliminary work trying to integrate the civs into TPW CIVS and noticed that if I spawned your A2 civs then tried to put A3 clothes on them, they ended up running around in their underwear. I'll look into it a bit more and let you know exactly what's what.

This is what makes a mod truly great that many people dont get."It will happen eventually" continued support on a mod is more important than anythingI beleive the recent update to arma has proven that to alot of people.

Cant wait for the furniture TPW.

Now all we need are sensible civs who lock their doors requiring players to "breach" ;)

Cheers mate, I appreciate the kind words.

TPW,

- with the latest ArmA on dev branch (also latest dev version before bootcamp update),

- latest TPW

- AND LATEST CBA! There was an update via SIX a few days ago

- and with this script call:

0 = [5,2,5,2,500,2000,1,1,1,30,"str1","str2","str3","str3"] execvm "\@tpw_mods\scripts\tpw_skirmish.sqf";

I get this:

http://abload.de/img/2014-07-16_00001ujrq5.jpg

Yeah there's actually something fishy going on with CBA and later dev releases. I notice that spawning groups and giving them waypoints with cba_fnc_taskpatrol is spiking the CPU worse than it used to. I will download the latest CBA and look into it a bit further.

Weird question.. is it possible to make the tactical glasses to not work properly when being underwater? During a mission i was swimming undersea and able to see the footbound targets on surface even if my eyes couldn't actually see them (the glasses were showing me them).. what do you think about it? Would the glasses work in those circumstances in your opinion?

Weird question.. is it possible to make the tactical glasses to not work properly when being underwater? During a mission i was swimming undersea and able to see the footbound targets on surface even if my eyes couldn't actually see them (the glasses were showing me them).. what do you think about it? Would the glasses work in those circumstances in your opinion?

It's an easy enough fix, I'll try to implement it shortly.

Thanks to Dslyexci's fatigue meter, I've noticed that being suppressed causes full fatigue. Now that fatigue includes animation and movement speed slowdowns, this is crippling and excessive.

I may have an old version of TPW, though. Is this fixed already?

Hey TPW, I was playing the Bootcamp campaign and I was just wondering if the TPW HUD could be added to VR ambient too (I know it is just to add the VR glasses class to the HUD script, but I´m no script savyy so I´d like to ask you if it can be added to the addon version, in the next update =)

I must say that the introduction of TPW HUD was like inventing the wheel on ArmA3 =D Can´t live without (only disable it when using IndeedPete M.E.R.C.S. Glass on his campaign)

cheers and keep up the great work!

Thanks to Dslyexci's fatigue meter, I've noticed that being suppressed causes full fatigue. Now that fatigue includes animation and movement speed slowdowns, this is crippling and excessive.

I may have an old version of TPW, though. Is this fixed already?

Good point maturin. When I first introduced fatigue it just made the player's breathing rate go up and pulsed the screen edges. The new fatigue implementation is indeed a lot more debilitating to the player. tpw_ebs_playersup = 0 in the hpp will disable this til I come up with something better.

;2732310']Hey TPW' date=' I was playing the Bootcamp campaign and I was just wondering if the TPW HUD could be added to VR ambient too (I know it is just to add the VR glasses class to the HUD script, but I´m no script savyy so I´d like to ask you if it can be added to the addon version, in the next update =)

I must say that the introduction of TPW HUD was like inventing the wheel on ArmA3 =D Can´t live without (only disable it when using IndeedPete M.E.R.C.S. Glass on his campaign)

cheers and keep up the great work![/quote']

No worries, I'll dig up the classnames and put them straight in.

Dropbox link seems inactive.

It's all good mate

I'd be perfectly fine with suppression affecting heavily my aiming sway (as it already does anyway), in fact i still like how suppression work, but the only problem is when you are suppressed your movements become very slow (maximum fatigue as if you sprinted way too much). Any way to affect just aiming and not movement speed?