tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

tpw, I'm using the latest version from SIX and vanilla ArmA. Put this at player init:

0 = [] execvm "\@tpw_mods\scripts\tpw_core.sqf";
0 = [3,2,5,2,500,2000,1,1,1,30] execvm "\@tpw_mods\scripts\tpw_skirmish.sqf";
0 = [60] execvm "\@tpw_mods\scripts\tpw_hint.sqf";

It always tells me that tpw_park is incorrect/no config at mission start. I do not call tpw_park. And goodwilling as I am, I copied the latest tpw userconfig to the userconfig folder. Do you have an idea?

tpw, I'm using the latest version from SIX and vanilla ArmA. Put this at player init:

0 = [] execvm "\@tpw_mods\scripts\tpw_core.sqf";
0 = [3,2,5,2,500,2000,1,1,1,30] execvm "\@tpw_mods\scripts\tpw_skirmish.sqf";
0 = [60] execvm "\@tpw_mods\scripts\tpw_hint.sqf";

It always tells me that tpw_park is incorrect/no config at mission start. I do not call tpw_park. And goodwilling as I am, I copied the latest tpw userconfig to the userconfig folder. Do you have an idea?

Try deleting and manually downloading (not using PW6). It messes up things at times.

Yay!

Thanks, but no. Tried the dropbox download, replaced @tpw_mods, replaced the tpw_mods userconfig folder, script calls still complain about tpw_park.

EDIT! -> Solved. It is not allowed to delete that strings in tpw skirmish command line: "str1","str2","str3","str3"

I thought they were dummy strings which maybe could be stripped out.

Undefined variable in expression in line 717 tpw_skirmish btw.

Edited by tortuosit

Figured out my problem... I didn't have CBA installed. I was sure I had it installed, but nope... must have deleted it. Reinstalled and the mod has been running fine.

My only real issue is that I can't tweak the parameters (using the .jar executable) and have it reload that updated file in game. I have to restart ARMA 3 alltogether, which is a 3 minute task on my PC anyway. A bit of a pain in the butt when I want to tweak, but otherwise all good.

Yes that is an hardcoded engine inconvenience, it has nothing to do with the .jar or TPW MODS.

Yay!

Yes that is an hardcoded engine inconvenience, it has nothing to do with the .jar or TPW MODS.

Yay!

Perhaps this should be explored further. LEA is able to have an external application alter the in-game functioning of the mod without a restart. The LEA application allows players to create loadouts, save them, then immediately access them in the middle of a game.

Though, clearly, this is more complicated in the case of TPW mods due to the shear number of things and complexity of what it is doing (as opposed to simply adding items to inventory).

Hi TPW.

I had a question,

have you ever considered making a lightweight revive script for singleplayer?

It would suit you already essential pack.

I was just thinking that besides farooqs revive,and psychos wounding,there isnt really any out therefor sp.

And farooqs one is not supported any more(i think)nor does it enable ai to revive the player.

Iv no idea how different something like that would be from your other mods to do,but i just see TPW becoming a long lasting mod/script,thats constantly growing.

Might be a good next step.

Hello, i experienced a little bug with the TPW_HUD Full color night vision: if i activate the mode from the tactical glasses and then unequip them, the mode doesn't deactivate and i cannot even disable it by pressing the related keys (ctrl+alt+h).

Is it also possible to make the target tracking to light "Intermittently" while the glasses are in "Target Lost" mode? (Something like Cycle alpha of those targets on/off at intervals of roughly 0.3 seconds?)

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp190/3lackrose/TPW_HUD_Tactical_Glasses_zpsee94cc1b.jpg (124 kB)

Regardless, thanks for the great set of mods. The new falling system, mixed with ragdoll for more serious damages is fabulous.

Edited by 3lackrose
Typos

Hi TPW.

I had a question,

have you ever considered making a lightweight revive script for singleplayer?

It would suit you already essential pack.

I was just thinking that besides farooqs revive,and psychos wounding,there isnt really any out therefor sp.

And farooqs one is not supported any more(i think)nor does it enable ai to revive the player.

Iv no idea how different something like that would be from your other mods to do,but i just see TPW becoming a long lasting mod/script,thats constantly growing.

Might be a good next step.

Sooo +1 to that.

I'd also LOOOVE to see a decent and solid SP revive/respawn script!

@tortuosit: Glad you got it sorted. Thanks for the error report too!

@SgtDan_R, @Shadow_MSOG: Loadouts are a bit different than configs! Given the hundreds of hours I (and Gliptal) put into it, I don't think it's unreasonable for you to take 2 minutes to reload the game after I've exposed so many settings for you to customise.

@redarmy, @Silverwave: SP revive is something I've actually been toying with for quite a while for my own missions. It's straightforward enough to implement on AI, so that for instance your AI squad mates don't really die but are out of action until you revive them. It's much much trickier to implement a system where AI will revive other AI or the player. I'll keep at it, it may make it into TPW BLEEDOUT or TPW FALL one day.

@3lackrose: Thanks for the bug report, I will amend it immediately. The HUD already does alpha cycling of targets. A target at the edge of the HUD's reliability will flick between transparency modes. Unless I'm reading your question wrong of course!

@3lackrose: Thanks for the bug report, I will amend it immediately. The HUD already does alpha cycling of targets. A target at the edge of the HUD's reliability will flick between transparency modes. Unless I'm reading your question wrong of course!

From your provided documentation:

- If the target moves out of LOS of any squad member then for up to 30 seconds its last known position is displayed by a 1/2 diamond (footbound) or a 1/2 rectangle (vehicle), with an indication of when it was last observed.

What i meant is if you can make the indicators blink during this specific moment, when the glasses display the last known position (this is what i meant by "Target Lost").

I'm asking if it possible cause at least for me i think it would be easier to identify what is actually an immediate threat and what not, when the target disappears from LOS i don't realize it immediately until i check with the eyes and see the half diamond, but before that moment with tail of eye i still think it is a target. If you make it blink when it disappears from LOS, i think i would be able to separate what is a visible target and what is the last assumed positions much quickier, and with the blinking i should be able to know that without actually having to focus my vision there since i would see it with the tail of eye.

I hope the post doesn't make much confusion, also you say the blinking happens when the targets are getting out of range, but i didn't have chance to see it happening. I've set the glasses to work for footbounds only within about 70 meters, so maybe the distance is not far enough to degrade the glasses tracking properties.

Edited by 3lackrose

From your provided documentation:

- If the target moves out of LOS of any squad member then for up to 30 seconds its last known position is displayed by a 1/2 diamond (footbound) or a 1/2 rectangle (vehicle), with an indication of when it was last observed.

What i meant is if you can make the indicators blink during this specific moment, when the glasses display the last known position (this is what i meant by "Target Lost").

I'm asking if it possible cause at least for me i think it would be easier to identify what is actually an immediate threat and what not, when the target disappears from LOS i don't realize it immediately until i check with the eyes and see the half diamond, but before that moment with tail of eye i still think it is a target. If you make it blink when it disappears from LOS, i think i would be able to separate what is a visible target and what is the last assumed positions much quickier, and with the blinking i should be able to know that without actually having to focus my vision there since i would see it with the tail of eye.

I hope the post doesn't make much confusion, also you say the blinking happens when the targets are getting out of range, but i didn't have chance to see it happening. I've set the glasses to work for footbounds only within about 70 meters, so maybe the distance is not far enough to degrade the glasses tracking properties.

OK I see what you mean. I'll have a think about this one

@tortuosit: Glad you got it sorted. Thanks for the error report too!

@SgtDan_R, @Shadow_MSOG: Loadouts are a bit different than configs! Given the hundreds of hours I (and Gliptal) put into it, I don't think it's unreasonable for you to take 2 minutes to reload the game after I've exposed so many settings for you to customise.

@redarmy, @Silverwave: SP revive is something I've actually been toying with for quite a while for my own missions. It's straightforward enough to implement on AI, so that for instance your AI squad mates don't really die but are out of action until you revive them. It's much much trickier to implement a system where AI will revive other AI or the player. I'll keep at it, it may make it into TPW BLEEDOUT or TPW FALL one day.

Thats good to know TPW.

Wish you look with it.

As a thought....you say its tricky to get the ai to revive player.

Could it be made easier by doing this...."fake it"

What i mean is,make the player unable to operate when health is below 10% or so,and add handle damage of 0 at that point,and make it so that player regains operable controlle at above 10% health.

This way,wouldnt the ai "naturally" come to give a med pack heal to the player via vanilla command "im injured". therefor putting players health up enough to reoperate.

The ai wouldnt have to do anything particularly scripted then.

Maybe im missing something and it aint so easy.

Either way all the best with it

Redarmy

By the way here is a screenshot showing the glasses Night Vision in action. As you can see the ingame time was about 00:55am so it can give you an idea of how awesome the feature is. Quality is not top notch but if you want you can use it as a reference pic for the feature.

FullColorNVG_zps1dfeb6a0.jpg

Glasses apart, have you considered implementing a stamina indicator aswell? Along with health, those 2 indicators could be available without the need of wearing glasses since i don't think you would need them to tell if your character is in good conditions or not. The stamina indicator could be useful as that "feeling of your body condition" that you don't have ingame unless measuring it through your breathing noises; to dose and plan your sprinting and plan your movements, as stamina plays a role in aiming and in sprinting and other actions.

Sorry for asking this without researching the thread or checking the script, not in a position to do so now and wanna ask before i forget (again) but is it possible to make air units interact if the occasion arises? So jet flies over as a battle is played out and decides to attack and armour unit completely out of the blue?

Also I don't use the civ script but the animal script surprisingly gives the map great ambience :) would love to see anims for them tweaked, but you could imagine the rage if BI did that :D

TPW MODS 20140710: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140710.zip

Changes:

[CARS 1.37, CIVS 1.37] Reduced CPU spikes when adding waypoints to spawned units.

[sKIRMISH 1.13] Reworked ISIS uniform code. Reduced CPU spiking when spawning patrols.

[FALL 1.32] Additional optimisations.

[HUD 1.33] Full colour NV correctly disabled when player unequips goggles.

Just a raft of optimisations. Recent dev builds appear to have had a huge negative impact on CPU usage when assigning waypoints. So the various scripts that use them are affected, and you might have noticed microstuttering and other annoyances. I have changed the custom waypoint code for CIVS and CARS to reduce CPU spiking, but SKIRMISH uses cba_fnc_taskpatrol and I don't have as much control over that.

@Katipo66: Aircraft of really for ambience only. They are basically immune to battle participation and I'm not keen on changing it. You are welcome to comment out the various bits in the script if you like.

@3lackrose: Nice screenie mate. I wasn't planning on a stamina indicator, I personally like the audio visual fatigue feedback that the game already provides. There's a health indicator in HUD because there is no obvious health feedback.

@Redarmy: thanks mate, I will keep at it!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

You are welcome to comment out the various bits in the script if you like.

Pretty simple in the end, cheers :)

tpw,

any chance you will add this mod to the list of spawned civilians? It would be very welcome, especially in Chernarus, Bystrica and Bukovina.

whoa, back up... When did HUD include NV? Did I miss an update where this got added?

whoa, back up... When did HUD include NV? Did I miss an update where this got added?

Obviously....:)

Just press ctrl-alt-H

---------- Post added at 07:39 ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 ----------

tpw,

any chance you will add this mod to the list of spawned civilians? It would be very welcome, especially in Chernarus, Bystrica and Bukovina.

Most definitely. I'm going to download and check it out ASAP!

@tpw:

Would you be interested in giving me your babies?

I need some help with the custom skirmish tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring = ""; and tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring = "";.

First I would love to have the mechs from gmwo's WAP mod http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176928-Wander-Panzer(WAP)-MOD-for-ArmA3 as a skirmish vehicle. But the class names I've put in tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring = ""; did not work ("WAP","WAP_02_CSAT_AS", "WAPAddon", ect).

I looked at class names from https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_EAST (and from the ingame editor/config viewer/cfgvehicles) "O_APC_Tracked_02_cannon_F" and "O_G_Quadbike_01_F" did not work, But "O_Quadbike_01_F" works under enemyvehiclestring. If I leave enemyunitstring empty and put "O_Quadbike_01_F" in enemyvehiclestring, the vehicles will be quads but the troops are too random as I get unarmed civs patroling with the enemy (useing tactical google glasses i see they are enemy).

I'm too confused, in the example for ADF_DPCU, it is in both the unit and vehicles string. I don't know how all this works.

How do I find what classnames to put in the unitstring/vehiclestring. While looking in on the mod files I see the use of "o_soldier" but on the wiki they have it as "O_Soldier_F".

I want to add the WAP mechs in custom skirmish friend or enemy vehicles and have friend or enemy units like the default ISIS2035, CSAT, NATO, ect, or an addons units with random guns.

also can you have multiple vehicle/units in the string?

if so, how would that look? (tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring = "O_Quadbike_01_F", "O_Truck_02_medical_F";)??

@tpw:

Would you be interested in giving me your babies?

No, I only just got joint custody of them!

I need some help with the custom skirmish tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring = ""; and tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring = "";.

First I would love to have the mechs from gmwo's WAP mod http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176928-Wander-Panzer(WAP)-MOD-for-ArmA3 as a skirmish vehicle. But the class names I've put in tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring = ""; did not work ("WAP","WAP_02_CSAT_AS", "WAPAddon", ect).

I looked at class names from https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_EAST (and from the ingame editor/config viewer/cfgvehicles) "O_APC_Tracked_02_cannon_F" and "O_G_Quadbike_01_F" did not work, But "O_Quadbike_01_F" works under enemyvehiclestring. If I leave enemyunitstring empty and put "O_Quadbike_01_F" in enemyvehiclestring, the vehicles will be quads but the troops are too random as I get unarmed civs patroling with the enemy (useing tactical google glasses i see they are enemy).

I'm too confused, in the example for ADF_DPCU, it is in both the unit and vehicles string. I don't know how all this works.

How do I find what classnames to put in the unitstring/vehiclestring. While looking in on the mod files I see the use of "o_soldier" but on the wiki they have it as "O_Soldier_F".

I want to add the WAP mechs in custom skirmish friend or enemy vehicles and have friend or enemy units like the default ISIS2035, CSAT, NATO, ect, or an addons units with random guns.

also can you have multiple vehicle/units in the string?

if so, how would that look? (tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring = "O_Quadbike_01_F", "O_Truck_02_medical_F";)??

The idea of the string is to find a some text that is unique to the units or vehciles that you want to spawn. Let's pretend that I had released an enemy units and vehicles addon with the following classnames:

TPW_OPFOR_SOLDIER_01

TPW_OPFOR_SOLDIER_02

TPW_OPFOR_SOLDIER_03

TPW_OPFOR_SOLDIER_04

TPW_OPFOR_CAR_01

TPW_OPFOR_CAR_02

TPW_OPFOR_CAR_03

It's pretty plain to see that the string "TPW_OPFOR" is common to all of them and would allow me to differentiate these units from anything else in the config.

To use these in game I'd use the following in the hpp:

tpw_skirmish_enemytype = 0; // 0 = custom units

tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring = "TPW_OPFOR";

tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring = "TPW_OPFOR";

You can only specify the one string for units and one for vehicles.

So you need to know the classnames of the custom units you want to use, so that you can pick a common string to specify them with. Either the mod author has provided the classnames, or you can use the config viewer in game. Soldiers and vehicles are both under CfgVehicles. I'm not going to hold your hand with this sorry.