tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

TPW MODS 20140627: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140627.zip

Changes:

[sKIRMISH 1.10] Bug fixes: ISIS shemags equipped properly. Support working properly again.

Just a small bugfix release. The current state of flux regarding critical infantry functionality (fatigue/recoil/aim sway/animations/ragdoll/weapon sounds etc) has dampened my enthusiasm somewhat.

TPW MODS 20140627: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140627.zip

Changes:

[sKIRMISH 1.10] Bug fixes: ISIS shemags equipped properly. Support working properly again.

Just a small bugfix release. The current state of flux regarding critical infantry functionality (fatigue/recoil/aim sway/animations/ragdoll/weapon sounds etc) has dampened my enthusiasm somewhat.

Stay positive man.Arma and ai are always gona produce headaches when put in a sentence together;)

Thanks for the update.

Any chance or advice how to fix the error?:

File tpw_hud\config.cpp, line 25: '/RscTitles/TPW_HUD_TXT.h': Missing ';' at the end of line

This error drives me crazy^^

Any chance or advice how to fix the error?:

This error drives me crazy^^

Thanks you and well spotted! This will be fixed next release (soon).

Was there recently any progress regarding boats ramming the shore due to invalid AI pathfinding? Not checked lately... If not - perhaps idea for simple workaround - to place subsequent waypoints in such way, so there will be no any land to ram between any neighboring two of them. This may be determined by terrain-specific LOS checks between current waypoint/boat position and potential next waypoint. Not sure however, how much it will cost as for performance.

Edited by Rydygier

Was there recently any progress regarding boats ramming the shore due to invalid AI pathfinding? Not checked lately... If not - perhaps idea for simple workaround - to place subsequent waypoints in such way, so there will be no any land to ram between any neighboring two of them. This may be determined by terrain-specific LOS checks between current waypoint/boat position and potential next waypoint. Not sure however, how much it will cost as for performance.

Good thinking Rydygier, I'll see what I can come up with.

Hi TPW!

I try to make a post nuke mission template and I would like to know if it's possible to make spawn only wrecked (empty class) vehicles with the park modules?

Edited by pathaber

If I may,....a suggestion

Is it possible to include a section whereby one might be able to disable/enable a particular sound?

Thanks

Hi TPW!

I try to make a post nuke mission template and I would like to know if it's possible to make spawn only wrecked (empty class) vehicles with the park modules?

Should be doable.

Currently TPW PARK spawns 3 parked car types:

tpw_park_civcarlist = [
"C_Hatchback_01_F",
"C_Offroad_01_F",
"C_SUV_01_F"
]; 

You can spawn wrecks if you change it to something like:

tpw_park_civcarlist = [
"Land_Wreck_Car_F",
"Land_Wreck_Car2_F",
"Land_Wreck_Car3_F",
"Land_Wreck_Offroad_F",
"Land_Wreck_Offroad2_F"
]; 

If I may,....a suggestion

Is it possible to include a section whereby one might be able to disable/enable a particular sound?

Thanks

What sounds are you referring to?

What sounds are you referring to?

Well I was thinking about the bleating goats in particular. Once while in a prone position trying to avoid 3 enemies who were looking for me and I couldn't hear the anything but goats! ;) LOL

Secondly I think you have a wind sound in your mod, I hope I'm correct with that. Anyway I was playing the Pilgrimage mod and set the weather to calm wind through MCC but I could still hear the wind as if it were slightly gusting.

All in all your mod adds so much more to Arma that I will not do without it! Thanks for that!

Well I was thinking about the bleating goats in particular. Once while in a prone position trying to avoid 3 enemies who were looking for me and I couldn't hear the anything but goats! ;) LOL

Secondly I think you have a wind sound in your mod, I hope I'm correct with that. Anyway I was playing the Pilgrimage mod and set the weather to calm wind through MCC but I could still hear the wind as if it were slightly gusting.

All in all your mod adds so much more to Arma that I will not do without it! Thanks for that!

There is a wind sound but it's only used when under parachute. No other script triggers it.

I will modify TPW ANIMALS so that ambient animal noises (dogs, cat, goats) will be affected by the tpw_animal_active variable. I'm not going to individually configure them.

Hmm if you don't have any wind sounds then I will have to check my other mods but I can't think of any that would do that........

Hmm if you don't have any wind sounds then I will have to check my other mods but I can't think of any that would do that........

SOS sound mod?

That's it exactly! I took out the "environment pbo and bisign files and presto, it sound a bit better to me.

Can agree that, SoS has too much of those "Windeffects" i asked at the SoS release how to disable the wind. I wasnt able to play with permanent wind ^^

I think I have to copy the "tpw_park.sqf" from TPW MOD scripts folder to my mission folder and modify it as you tell me...correct?

If yes, where do I put this call line : 0 = [25,300,150,20,10] execvm "\scripts\tpw_park.sqf";

in the ".sqm" or in a "init.sqf"?

Sorry TPW. But i'm not really familiar with scripts...Thanks by advance

I've tried (following instructions in the .sqf) and when I open my mission ,I get error message:"\scripts\tpw_park.sqf"; not found. I've copy "tpw_park.sqf" in my mission folder.What I've missed , what am I doing wrong?Any idea?

Got 3 files in my post nuke mission folder: init.sqf,mission.sqm and tpw_park.sqf....(mission init.sqf below)

_buildings = (markerpos "destroy300") nearobjects ["house",300];

{_x setdamage 1} foreach _buildings;

_buildings = (markerpos "ruin1000") nearobjects ["house",1000];

{_x setdamage 0.9} foreach _buildings;

_buildings = (markerpos "ruin2000") nearobjects ["house",3000];

{_x setdamage 0.9} foreach _buildings;

_buildings = (markerpos "destroy400") nearobjects ["house",400];

{_x setdamage 1} foreach _buildings;

0 = [25,300,150,20,10] execvm "\scripts\tpw_park.sqf";

Edited by pathaber

Before I can help you I need to know are you intending to run the other TPW MODS or are you trying to make a standalone mission?

Hey TPW,

Great MOD! Been using since you came up with the 1st version and really enjoing it.

Found a little bug/glitch yesterday though. If your FOG is enabled, any fog setting created in the editor is ignored. Actually the self made fog settings are seen for a few seconds before the fog slowly disappears. Never mind if it's meant to act that way, just wanted to state this behaviour. Cheers mate and keep it going ;)

Hey TPW,

Great MOD! Been using since you came up with the 1st version and really enjoing it.

Found a little bug/glitch yesterday though. If your FOG is enabled, any fog setting created in the editor is ignored. Actually the self made fog settings are seen for a few seconds before the fog slowly disappears. Never mind if it's meant to act that way, just wanted to state this behaviour. Cheers mate and keep it going ;)

It is meant behaviour: FOG uses temperature, humidity and time of the day (and possibly season?) to simulate fog.

Yay!

TPW MODS 20140630: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140630.zip

Changes:

[HUD] Fixed config.hpp error.

[sKIRMISH 1.11] Added ISIS 2035 faction. These are basically CSAT units wearing CAF Aggressors clothing and shemags. Fixed squad movement towards fallen colleagues from other squads.

[ANIMALS 1.33] Ambient animal noises also disabled by tpw_animal_enable=false.

[bOATS 1.27] Optimised boat waypoint code.

Please update your tpw_mods.hpp

tpw_skirmish_enemytype = 1; // 0 = user defined, 1 = CAF Aggressors (CAF_AG), 2 = CSAT, 3 = AAF, 4 = CSAT modification project (CMP) arid, 5 = CMP semiarid, 6 = CMP urban, 7 = ISIS (mixed CAF_AG with shemags), 8 = ISIS 2035 (CSAT + CAF_AG clothing + shemags)

The main change here is that I've added another skirmish faction - ISIS 2035. These guys basically represent ISIS-style islamic insurgents who have seized CSAT weaponry and equipment. They're harder to put down than regular Kalashnikov toting Aggressors because most of them are wearing CSAT vests.

Thx for the update, nice that you fixed this config error :)

Is there a debug command to disable all animals on whole map?

Thx for the update, nice that you fixed this config error :)

Is there a debug command to disable all animals on whole map?

tpw_animal_active=false

Before I can help you I need to know are you intending to run the other TPW MODS or are you trying to make a standalone mission?

I just try to create a post nuclear environment for my own utility, just for having a ready to play map mission template in the editor.(with fog,fall,skirmish, park of course,radio,rain)

---------- Post added at 02:37 ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 ----------

last minute:I switch to my laptop, my pc power supply give his last breath..........:hang:

SO, i'm gonna hang myself and after that search for new power supply.....see you later TPW!And thanks for your previous precious help!

Edited by pathaber