tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Merci pathaber. I'm sorry you are experiencing these problems. As I recently posted the problem appears to be with multiple squads all trying to reset their cba_fnc_taskpatrol waypoints when someone is killed. I might make this behaviour configurable so that people such as yourself can have stutter-free skirmish (albeit with slightly reduced functionality).

---------- Post added at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

This is awesome, I'm glad to see people jumping head first into my code and producing something which better suits their needs (whilst saving me the trouble :) ).

I'm hoping that's not sarcasm, I don't want to step on anyone's feet.

I did however see amazing potential in your code and I can kinda sorta script and program a little, and I basically saw potential sitting right there in front of me.

I thought I'd share in case anyone else wanted to try it out.

I'm hoping that's not sarcasm, I don't want to step on anyone's feet.

I did however see amazing potential in your code and I can kinda sorta script and program a little, and I basically saw potential sitting right there in front of me.

I thought I'd share in case anyone else wanted to try it out.

No sarcasm at all mate, I am genuinely pleased when people find my code useful and tinker with it to suit their own requirements.

I am having a problem with the "audible warning" feature, it wont turn off even though its turned off in the gui and shows off in the .hpp file as "0"

if I take the glasses off the sound stops so I know thats what the problem is not some other mod although I dont have others

TPW MODS 20140605: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140605.zip

Changes:

[sKIRMISH 1.03] Heli CAS will not linger for so long. Reduced CPU usage when spawned units are killed and other squads move towards them.

[HUD 1.31] Reduced (I hesitate to say eliminated) zero divisor errors.

Hopefully these changes should reduce the stuttering that some people observe with SKIRMISH. Let me know if not. I have tracked down and elminated a few more sporadic zero divisor errors in HUD, at the expense of a very slight increase in CPU. Let me know if you still see any of those annoying bastards popping up.

Sandsquid - no problem with disabling audible warnings at this end, for either the script or addon version

TPW MODS 20140605: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140605.zip

Changes:

[sKIRMISH 1.03] Heli CAS will not linger for so long. Reduced CPU usage when spawned units are killed and other squads move towards them.

[HUD 1.31] Reduced (I hesitate to say eliminated) zero divisor errors.

Hopefully these changes should reduce the stuttering that some people observe with SKIRMISH. Let me know if not. I have tracked down and elminated a few more sporadic zero divisor errors in HUD, at the expense of a very slight increase in CPU. Let me know if you still see any of those annoying bastards popping up.

Sandsquid - no problem with disabling audible warnings at this end, for either the script or addon version

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the mod it still does this, used play with six

but it is making sounds even though its turned off, and if I take the glasses off it stops immediately

I just installed windows 7 on this computer 2 days ago so everything is fresh install so it shouldnt be anything old, I just installed the mod yesterday so it was probably the most up to date even now as it doesent show an update

Try not using PW6, it's known to cause problems.

Yay!

i testing last version on every map i've described in page 175,and same TPW MOD settings: no more stuttering....after that i switch all tpw scripts on and play game as usual with some other stuffs on map: no stuttering. Work perfectly for me!

Faster and efficient,you're the boss TPW!!!TRIPLE CHEERS!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers::coop:

I am having that problem with the audible warning, its always on even though I have it turned off

is there any option to "acknowledge" the sound and have it turn off until it notices a new enemy maybe

I am having that problem with the audible warning, its always on even though I have it turned off

is there any option to "acknowledge" the sound and have it turn off until it notices a new enemy maybe

Did you try manually installing (no PWS)?

Yay!

Did you try manually installing (no PWS)?

Yay!

no didnt manually install, I assume I just move the files into the folder and it should be installed right? but do I have to not install it using play with six?

sandsquid have a go at downloading from the dropbox link on the first post and manually installing it as per the instructions on that post. Take particular care to copy the TPW_MODS.hpp correctly. PW6 seems to cause problems with this for some people.

sandsquid have a go at downloading from the dropbox link on the first post and manually installing it as per the instructions on that post. Take particular care to copy the TPW_MODS.hpp correctly. PW6 seems to cause problems with this for some people.

yep that worked but not the first time - its odd let me explain

I uninstalled it with play with six and deleted everything pertaining to it from my computer then downloaded the latest one and installed it manually

I tried it without changing anything in the settings other than turning off the sound as it was turned on by default

it still had the sound when it shouldnt have it

then I installed it using play with six and again changed the setting to turn it off and this time it worked!

so in future versions of this maybe if its not to much trouble add an option to press some key and "acknowledge" the sound and have it turned off until new enemies get discovered - however I can see problems with this as sometimes enemies will go behind cover for to long and reappear causing the HUD to think they are new - but something would be cool

and this is sorta off the subject a little, but what about the pilot helmets having some sorta cool HUD maybe different like with on screen trajectory lines showing the flight path of the projectile things like that - I dont mean to use it while flying just wear it on the ground walking around

TPW MODS 20140608: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140608.zip

Changes:

[sKIRMISH 1.04] Squads will use radio when under fire. Removed bugs from squad movement calls. Removed bugs from support routines.

[bOATS 1.25, CARS 1.35, CIVS 1.34] Forceadduniform to prevent the occasional civ spawning in their underwear.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hello people

I wanted to ask which of these modules will work in multiplayer? Or pulling it too far down the performance? Are there good settings?

TPW MODS 20140608: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140608.zip

Changes:

[sKIRMISH 1.04] Squads will use radio when under fire. Removed bugs from squad movement calls. Removed bugs from support routines.

[bOATS 1.25, CARS 1.35, CIVS 1.34] Forceadduniform to prevent the occasional civ spawning in their underwear.

ahh man it would be cool to see civ spawning in underwear, this is a war after all, maybe his clothes got messed up and he couldnt stand wearing the cloths of a dead guy unlike me hehe - but really there is a few reasons I can think of that someone would running around in there underwear in a war zone

1. in Iraq and Afghanistan I actually saw many people wearing nothing but rags like underwear, not the normal man dress they wear but like sorta a dirty rag wrapped around there waste, I am sure they didnt have anything else to wear

2. could be an insane person, the main hospital in Baghdad for the insane had looters and stuff many people were just let out I saw this stuff

3. cloths could be covered in blood from something and you stripped down and are walking home to get new cloths if you have any

but really there are a few reasons why they could have no cloths on not just underwear completely naked in fact although I dont want to see that in the game

maybe consider leaving that in there, or add civ's with no cloths and make them running always like they got somewhere to go, like to get clothes on lol

Hello people

I wanted to ask which of these modules will work in multiplayer? Or pulling it too far down the performance? Are there good settings?

I got tired of this question so I have updated the 1st post with this information:

Multiplayer compatibility

TPW MODS are primarily designed with single player in mind, and are generally player centric, spawning ambience and behaviour around the player to conserve CPU and give the illusion of a living map. As I have stressed many times, they are advertised as SP mods. I only play SP, have little interest in playing MP, little skill in coding MP, and no ability to test it. What this means for you is that:

• All mods will work as advertised in SP.
  • Some of them will work without issues in MP when running clientside on the players' computers, most will not.
  • None of them will work on a dedicated server, they will detect it and disable themselves.

MP client compatible:

These mods are specifically written so that spawned ambient people/animals/vehiles are shared between multiple players. If there are 10 players in a single small town, there won't be 10 times as many civilians/cars/parkedcars/animals/boats/aircraft.

• TPW AIR
  • TPW ANIMALS
  • TPW BOATS
  • TPW CARS
  • TPW CIVS
  • TPW PARK

MP Incompatible:

These mods have no specific MP code written into them and while some may appear to function in MP, they may give unpredictable results as each player's version of the script fights for variables, tries to assign randomness, assigns sounds/lights to objects etc etc.

• TPW BLEEDOUT
  • TPW EBS
  • TPW FALL
  • TPW FOG
  • TPW HOUSELIGHTS
  • TPW HUD
  • TPW LOS
  • TPW RADIO
  • TPW RAINFX
  • TPW SKIRMISH
  • TPW STREETLIGHTS

If you desperately want a fully functioning MP or dedi version of any of my mods, and can't wait for me to make it happen, then you are welcome to grab the code and knock yourself out (see disclaimer below though).

Compatibility with other mods

TPW MODS encompasses a very wide range of Arma3 functionality and no doubt will run into compatibility issues with other mods that attempt similar things. I make zero apologies for this. I make every effort to ensure that TPW MODS does not cause undue conflicts with the mods I use, but I'm not a mind reader and can't allow for all the mods you use. TPW MODS provides an enormous amount of options and it's up to you to disable a particular TPW MOD or a facet of its behaviour.

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

ahh man it would be cool to see civ spawning in underwear, this is a war after all, maybe his clothes got messed up and he couldnt stand wearing the cloths of a dead guy unlike me hehe - but really there is a few reasons I can think of that someone would running around in there underwear in a war zone

1. in Iraq and Afghanistan I actually saw many people wearing nothing but rags like underwear, not the normal man dress they wear but like sorta a dirty rag wrapped around there waste, I am sure they didnt have anything else to wear

2. could be an insane person, the main hospital in Baghdad for the insane had looters and stuff many people were just let out I saw this stuff

3. cloths could be covered in blood from something and you stripped down and are walking home to get new cloths if you have any

but really there are a few reasons why they could have no cloths on not just underwear completely naked in fact although I dont want to see that in the game

maybe consider leaving that in there, or add civ's with no cloths and make them running always like they got somewhere to go, like to get clothes on lol

All fair points, but underwear in Arma is not Life of Brian style loincloths but high tech semi briefs and singlets, which are immersion breaking in my humble opinion.

TPW MODS 20140612: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140612.zip

Changes:

[AIR 1.28] Massive code optimisation. Reworked and more efficient flyby code, reduced "zombie" aircraft loitering indefinitely.

[sKIRMISH 1.05] Squads reduced to only 1 unit are consolidated into the nearest available squad. Reduced incidence of passengers running behind spawned vehicles.

Thanks for another great mod. :thanx:

TPW HUD is what i, noob, dreamed since i started to play in ArmA 2

There a little request - can you don't spawn animals and cars on airfileds? :D

My ai-planes often stuck when try to fly.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi TPW,and thanks for new version.

I have two questions.Do the skirmish can jam the civs and cars spawing and do you have an existing list of known conflicting mod with this one ( if is the first question reason and if you already experienced troubles with them.)?

Thanks TP,and keep up your excellent work !:bigsmile:

Edited by pathaber

Thanks for another great mod. :thanx:

TPW HUD is what i, noob, dreamed since i started to play in ArmA 2

There a little request - can you don't spawn animals and cars on airfileds? :D

My ai-planes often stuck when try to fly.

Thanks Shoker. You can exclude ambient stuff using editor placed objects or triggers. Please read the first post which details it.

Hi TPW,and thanks for new version.

I have two questions.Do the skirmish can jam the civs and cars spawing and do you have an existing list of known conflicting mod with this one ( if is the first question reason and if you already experienced troubles with them.)?

Thanks TP,and keep up your excellent work !:bigsmile:

Skirmish, cars, civs, parked cars all work together nicely. Obviously if you set the numbers very high they might get in each others' way, but at a code level they don't share variables so there should be no conflicts.

Skirmish doesn't conflict with any of the mods I use. It just spawns units, sets simple patrolling waypoints, and despawns them if they get too far away. It only manages the groups it spawns,so doesn't affect groups spawned by other mods. I use bCombat to enhance their AI with zero issues.