tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Let's say you have it set up to spawn max 5 enemy and 5 friendly squads.The main loop runs once every 30 seconds. If there < 5 enemy squads then 1 will spawn. Ditto friendly squads. So it will take 2.5 min to fully populate. If a squad is wiped out it will be replaced in the next 30 sec loop. If you move more than (default) 2000m from a squad it will be removed and a new one spawned closer. Since squads spawn in a "donut" 500-1500m from the player, it may appear that things are not happening when in fact they are just not immediately visible.

You can check this behaviour at any time by typing hint str count tpw_skirmish_enemysquads or hint str count tpw_skirmish_friendlysquads

I intentionally run a 30 sec loop so that things aren't immediately frantic. The intention was that if you hang around in a given area the battle will gradually develop around you.

Thanks for the explanation tpw. Having a blast using different AI mods and effects on FATA with this one. I did mess with the spawn min and max settings and the dynamics are very much noticeably different.

Thanks for the explanation tpw. Having a blast using different AI mods and effects on FATA with this one. I did mess with the spawn min and max settings and the dynamics are very much noticeably different.

I find that bCombat and TPW MODS (disabling TPW EBS since bCombat provides suppression) is a perfect match. To be honest dumping those 2 mods on any empty island provides endless variety and interest for yours truly.

I find that bCombat and TPW MODS (disabling TPW EBS since bCombat provides suppression) is a perfect match. To be honest dumping those 2 mods on any empty island provides endless variety and interest for yours truly.

Amen to that ... Fab's 0.17 dev version seems even better with your skirmish too :)

Which Java do i need for editing TPW? Need to ask, have a fresh installed System but need Java to edit this files^^

A DL link would be great :)

Amen to that ... Fab's 0.17 dev version seems even better with your skirmish too :)

The man is a coding freak, pure and simple. bCombat at 0.17 is already a total game changer (literally), by v1.0 the AI will probably be able to climb out of your monitor and make you a cup of tea.

Which Java do i need for editing TPW? Need to ask, have a fresh installed System but need Java to edit this files^^

I'll leave it up to Gliptal to answer which is best and give you a link. I personally hate Java so am not really the man to ask :)

Latest version, get it from https://www.java.com/en/download/

Yay!

I really like the skirmish option now. The battlefield has come alive again :)

I agree, it definitely fills a niche left absent by flashpoint from arma 2.

Incidentally, if you want to use the multiplayer version of flashpoint in A3 it does work quite well. I haven't tried to singleplayer version.

I've read everything through trying to find an answer for myself, but I'm going to have to ask anyway: Can you disable skirmish by default in the .hpp, but then activate it for certain missions via the mission init?

I've read everything through trying to find an answer for myself, but I'm going to have to ask anyway: Can you disable skirmish by default in the .hpp, but then activate it for certain missions via the mission init?

There's also a script version of skirmish Dude!

Hey tpw,

Just wanted to say thanks for continuing your mod - and consistently innovating with the subtle (but important) changes you make to the game.

It's a big inspiration and I'm pleased to see you doing well with your code.

Thanks man - (will be in touch about pond stuff - trying to work it out but it's been a head scratcher).

@Glipital - I started reading your link about Obfuscation and code maintenance before going to work and it nearly made me late. That was fucking hilarious :)

Hi RS, you have several options:

1 - Disable skirmish in the .hpp, and run the script version of skirmish from the init of whatever missions you'd like ambient combat

2 - Enable skirmish in the .hpp and insert the command tpw_skirmish_active=false; in the init of mission that you don't want ambient combat

3 - Enable skirmish in the .hpp and use triggers (as detailed in the first post) to disable/enable it on the parts of the map you'd prefer.

Hey tpw,

Just wanted to say thanks for continuing your mod - and consistently innovating with the subtle (but important) changes you make to the game.

It's a big inspiration and I'm pleased to see you doing well with your code.

Thanks man - (will be in touch about pond stuff - trying to work it out but it's been a head scratcher).

@Glipital - I started reading your link about Obfuscation and code maintenance before going to work and it nearly made me late. That was fucking hilarious :)

Cheers DA, I really appreciate it. TPW MODS is more of less where I want it at the moment so I'm very keen to get some heads together and work on the pond issue.

Has anybody seen this before: I get a pop-up bar on the bottom of my screen that says "[bIS_fnc_groupvehicles] Parameter GROUP must not be null, (OBJECT or GROUP) required"

It happens sporadically throughout the mission, sometimes worse and sometimes not so bad...

Oddly it seems like TPW MODS and MCC Sandbox are conflicting with each other (at least from what I can see on my end here...). I'm only running CBA Addons, TPW MODS, and MCC Sandbox and I get that pop up message. When I disable either TPW or MCC then the message goes away. But both together produces the message.

I'm running the mod version of both TPW and MCC, both freshly downloaded today. I only play single player, just messing around in the editor, and I'm on the stable version. The things I use in the TPW Config folder are TPW CIVS, FALL, ANIMALS, AIR, CARS, STREETLIGHTS, HOUSE LIGHTS, BLEEDOUT, and RADIO. I've tried disabling the CARS and AIR since it seems this pop up message is based on vehicles but I get the same result.

Has anybody seen this before: I get a pop-up bar on the bottom of my screen that says "[bIS_fnc_groupvehicles] Parameter GROUP must not be null, (OBJECT or GROUP) required"

It happens sporadically throughout the mission, sometimes worse and sometimes not so bad...

Oddly it seems like TPW MODS and MCC Sandbox are conflicting with each other (at least from what I can see on my end here...). I'm only running CBA Addons, TPW MODS, and MCC Sandbox and I get that pop up message. When I disable either TPW or MCC then the message goes away. But both together produces the message.

I'm running the mod version of both TPW and MCC, both freshly downloaded today. I only play single player, just messing around in the editor, and I'm on the stable version. The things I use in the TPW Config folder are TPW CIVS, FALL, ANIMALS, AIR, CARS, STREETLIGHTS, HOUSE LIGHTS, BLEEDOUT, and RADIO. I've tried disabling the CARS and AIR since it seems this pop up message is based on vehicles but I get the same result.

I don't use MCC so I can't give any real insight. Can you please try disabling TPW SKIRMISH and see if that fixes your problem. That will at least give me somewhere to start looking.

I don't use MCC so I can't give any real insight. Can you please try disabling TPW SKIRMISH and see if that fixes your problem. That will at least give me somewhere to start looking.

Tried it without skirmish and I still continue getting the error... Is there a way to disable that type of message from popping up, perhaps in the -mod line or something, like -nologs or something? Obviously I have no idea...

Tried it without skirmish and I still continue getting the error... Is there a way to disable that type of message from popping up, perhaps in the -mod line or something, like -nologs or something? Obviously I have no idea...

I feel your pain Dude, i am also getting this message bar pop-up while in the editor, seems to have surfaced after the "skirmish" update also, i've been trying to work through the mods i run to eliminate the problem. only happens in the editor tho, campaign, scenarios, multiplayer are unaffected.

I feel your pain Dude, i am also getting this message bar pop-up while in the editor, seems to have surfaced after the "skirmish" update also, i've been trying to work through the mods i run to eliminate the problem. only happens in the editor tho, campaign, scenarios, multiplayer are unaffected.

Thanks for the heads up guys. It is a bit strange because I don't use BIS_fnc_groupvehicles in any of my scripts. Unless it's called by another bis function. I'll have a look.

Thanks for the heads up guys. It is a bit strange because I don't use BIS_fnc_groupvehicles in any of my scripts. Unless it's called by another bis function. I'll have a look.

Hi tpw, in retrospect, i started using @AGM(authentic gameplay modification) around the same time "skirmish" was added, when i get some free time later today i will disable @AGM to see if the error message remains. It may be it has nothing to do with your wonderful work! Thanks man.

TPW MODS 20140601: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140601.zip

Changes:

[sKIRMISH 1.01] Added support for TheEvanCat's CSAT Modification Project alternative CSAT forces. Improved heli CAS behaviour. Time between squad/vehicle spawning is now configurable.

Please update your TPW_MODS.hpp file

tpw_skirmish_enemytype = 0; // 0 = CAF_AG, 1 = CSAT, 2 = AAF, 3 = CSAT Modification Project (CMP) Arid, 4 = CMP semiarid, 5 = CMP urban
tpw_skirmish_spawntime = 10; // Time between spawning each enemy/friendly squad/vehicle

A few changes to TPW SKIRMISH. The main one is that I have now updated it to allow you to optionally spawn TheEvanCat's awesome CSAT Modification Project units so you can fight against 2035 soldiers who don't look like they stepped off the set of Aliens vs Predators XVII. If you don't have this mod then I suggest you run (don't walk) to the nearest download link for this mod and do yourself a big favour.

I will front page this once Gliptal waves his magic Java wand over TPW SETTINGS.

If anyone else is experiencing the issues raised by SnowingJimBob and evil-organ please let me knopw.

Edited by tpw

Interesting news.

So the AI can now call in helicopters to support them?

Yep, provided the friendlies are NATO and support is enabled in the .hpp.

TPW SETTINGS

[1.11.2] | UPDATE YOUR PRESETS

- parameters matching SKIRMISH [1.01]

Remember to update your presets:

- Add the line

tpw_skirmish_spawntime = 10;

after

tpw_skirmish_enemytype = 0;

Thanks for that link tpw, I'll be sure to install that mod as soon as I get back playing ArmA III!

Yay!

If anyone else is experiencing the issues raised by SnowingJimBob and evil-organ please let me knopw.

Hey tpw, i believe these issues have nothing to do with your work, as i ran the game without your addons and these pop-up messages still appear in the editor.

I'd imagine if SnowingJimBob tried this as well he could confirm the same.

Sorry to have caused any doubt tpw.

OK, I think I figured it out. TPW works just fine by itself, as does MCC. When I would load up just the editor with both these mods then I would get the error. BUT when I would access the editor through the multiplayer menu then they work just fine and no error. Sorry for any trouble TPW. I'm so relieved there's a solution cuz I don't think I could play Arma without this mod. And thanks for the help evil-organ