tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Any possibility of having an update to TPW Fall that allows a player exemption? or perhaps refinement of criteria to prevent falling with light calibers?

Any chance for a response? I have the latest version before the skirmish feature was implemented. I'll install the latest version and see. Here's my original post found under posting tab 161....thanks guys.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Hey there TPW.

I see you're still breaking barriers left and right.

The following is only relevant if this 'issue' hasn't been resolved yet....ahem....I wanted to know if you would consider changing a minor detail with regards to which aircraft are used for the flyovers. Having a 737 (or ANY civilian aircraft, but especially the big ones) come screaming through a battle space at 200 feet is about as unlikely as anything...having it happen multiple times is just weird. Would you consider to EXCLUDE civilian aircraft mods from doing flyovers? Maybe don't include them for that particular feature? Please? I don't mind some crazy little Cessna (or similar) doing a suicide run over the AO (the thought of the pilot sh!tting himself while gunning the little engine actually makes me giggle), but the big ones are a ABSOLUTE no-no for me, UNLESS they can be limited to spawning at +2000 Altitude (for those who don't want them excluded completely). Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Anyway, cheers.

Sorry bro, got caught up with the latest release. Yes I will look into height exemptions, even though it will be a pain in the arse. Currently TPW AIR queries the config for aircraft, and makes no distinctions between military aircraft, UAVs, passenger craft etc etc. The whole point of this is so that it automatically uses whatever 3rd party aircraft mods (which I was nagged to include) without yours truly having to download them and work out the classnames. If I can work out how to query the config to exclude civ craft from low flybys then I will, otherwise I will just make the aircraft height configurable so that you can set all aircraft to fly higher. If that leaves you cold then I will refund you in full :)

@Pd3 I will look into your request too.

A solution could be parsing the aircraft name and look for known patterns (like "boeing", "civ", "777", "747", "737", "707", "airbus" eccetera).

Yay!

A solution could be parsing the aircraft name and look for known patterns (like "boeing", "civ", "777", "747", "737", "707", "airbus" eccetera).

Yay!

Of course, but I don't want to have to download and install a shitload of aircraft mods that I'll never use, just so that I can examine all the classnames for patterns to exclude.

Just in case, it is not known and useful: each vehicle should have in its config an entry "Side" (number). It is 3 for vehicles of civilian orign, I believe (of course depends, what value mod maker put there).

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing problems with the skirmish script, however it does seem to crash sporadically on my end.

It very well could be a configuration or hardware issue for me, but just in case anyone else is experiencing it.

I'm also running

-fall

-bleedout

-EBS

-civs

-cars

Of course, but I don't want to have to download and install a shitload of aircraft mods that I'll never use, just so that I can examine all the classnames for patterns to exclude.
Well no, my idea was to come up with a quick default set of patterns, and then let the users point out anything that may be left out as it comes up with time.

Yay!

Just in case, it is not known and useful: each vehicle should have in its config an entry "Side" (number). It is 3 for vehicles of civilian orign, I believe (of course depends, what value mod maker put there).

Aha! That will be very useful, thanks Ryd!

EDIT: Just added it in and it works a treat. Also, I have made flying heights user configurable. Will release some time soon.

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:24 ----------

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing problems with the skirmish script, however it does seem to crash sporadically on my end.

It very well could be a configuration or hardware issue for me, but just in case anyone else is experiencing it.

I'm also running

-fall

-bleedout

-EBS

-civs

-cars

I've never experienced a lockup related to my released mods. Skirmish has actually been used by me for a long time prior to release, it's stable at least in my hands.

Well no, my idea was to come up with a quick default set of patterns, and then let the users point out anything that may be left out as it comes up with time.

Yay!

Cheers Gliptal, I know what you were getting at. I tested out Ryd's suggestion and it knocks out all the civ aricraft I've thrown at it, so that will have to do for the time being.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

TPW MODS 20140527: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140527.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.29] Bug fixes, a few less PRT errors.

[AIR 1.26] Civilian aircraft may be optionally excluded. Flying heights are user configurable.

[FALL 1.29] Player fall configurable on/off.

Sorry Gliptal, another hpp change. Don't blame me, blame the people who keep requesting features...

//AIR
tpw_air_heights[] = {50,250,500}; // randomly chosen aircraft flying heights
tpw_air_civexclude = 1; // Civilian aircraft excluded.  0 = civilian and military aircraft will fly by  

//FALL
tpw_fall_player = 1; // Player can fall from bullet hits and large drops. 0 = player will not fall.

No problem, I'll use it to push 1.10.0.

Yay!

TPW SETTINGS

[1.10.0] | UPDATE YOUR PRESETS

- parameters matching AIR [1.26]

- parameters matching FALL [1.29]

- added unit of measurements to SKIRMISH

- tweaked sliders background color

- added ticks to color chooser sliders

Remember to update your presets:

- Add the lines

tpw_air_heights[] = {50,250,500};
tpw_air_civexclude = 1;

after

tpw_air_max = 2;

- Add the line

tpw_fall_player = 1;

after

tpw_fall_falltime = 15;

@tpw: Could you please send me your icon files?

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Icon chooser is ready, now I only need those icon images! :D

Yay!

you mean those in the userconfig subfolder? ;)
No no I need every icon one by one! :D

Yay!

No no I need every icon one by one! :D

Yay!

Will do.

well you can just unpbo the tpw hud addon.

@TPW: Good riddance to the "line 843" bug :ok:, but you still have a few bugs to squish. The missing semicolon in line 25 of the config in twp_hud is just a minor one. But there is also something in the TPW_MODS\tpw_los.sqf, line 315 - shouldn't it be "tpw_core_fnc_sunangle" instead of "tpw_los_fnc_sunangle"?

Edited by Brainbug

I've dl'd and will check it out tonight. Guys, that was blisteringly quick. Thanks, now I don't have to disable one of the coolest features anymore! To quote Mr. Gliptal...*drumroll*...."YAY!"

Well, it appears the skirmish crashing phenomena is restricted entirely to use on Avgani, it does not seem to happen with any other terrain.

Also thanks for incorporating player optional falling, cheers.

TPW SETTINGS

[1.11.0]

- added icon chooser for HUD

Important addings to README:

USAGE

ICON CHOOSER:

- Opened by clicking on the ICON TYPES parameter's white text area

- Use the checkboxes on the right to select which elements to change

- Click on an image on the left to change the icon for the selected elements

- 'APPLY': saves the set icons

LIMITATIONS

- Sometimes the GUI may look unresponsive, especially after multiple subsequent and quick clicks: wait a few moments before attempting any other action if this happens.

I added an icon chooser to the GUI: as with the color chooser, click on the text area to open it. Usage should be pretty straightforward, check the README if you have any doubts or PM me (or post here) for any problems. Remembere you can select more than one element at once.

IconChooser.png

Yay!

well you can just unpbo the tpw hud addon.

@TPW: Good riddance to the "line 843" bug :ok:, but you still have a few bugs to squish. The missing semicolon in line 25 of the config in twp_hud is just a minor one. But there is also something in the TPW_MODS\tpw_los.sqf, line 315 - shouldn't it be "tpw_core_fnc_sunangle" instead of "tpw_los_fnc_sunangle"?

Thanks Brainbug, you win a lillipop for going over my code with an electron microscope :)

Well, it appears the skirmish crashing phenomena is restricted entirely to use on Avgani, it does not seem to happen with any other terrain.

Also thanks for incorporating player optional falling, cheers.

That might be because Avgani is not on the list of maps that TPW MODS uses to switch unit types. It should just default to Easter European though if it can't grab the map.

You. Are. The. Man

Hey tpw, I think you should make disabling ambient combat and excluding military aircraft possible in the config.

Hey tpw, I think you should make disabling ambient combat and excluding military aircraft possible in the config.

tpw_skirmish_active = 0; = no ambient combat

I'll look at the military aircraft exclusion.

EDIT: Done, will release tomorrow.

Edited by tpw

Quick question, does the maxspawnradius variable also at all de-spawn units that are found outside of it?

If so would it be possible to have that as a separate variable? For most of my MOUT scenarios I have a fairly low min/max spawn radius ratio to keep the action going, and I once got into a vehicle and beat a hasty retreat, and when I returned, it seemed as if the MRAP and squad I was evading had simply disappeared.

I'm pretty sure they didn't just run off, at least the MRAP could not be found nor heard.