tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Just had an idea. Would it be possible to have an extra icon that is blank (transparent), so that if you don't want a particular hud element, you could replace an icon that you don't want to see, with an "invisible icon" of the same name? So not only can you choose your preferred icon, you could also choose a "no icon" option. ? ? ? Just a thought. Ignore it if the idea is stupid.

-V

That's a really excellent idea mate, I will include it as part of the set.

For all those who wonder if I've been sitting on my arse for the last few weeks, here are the icons I will be introducing with the next TPW MODS release. You'll be able to select icons for units, hidden units, vehicles, hidden vehicles, predictive targetting, and markers, all via some new hpp settings (heads up Gliptal).

hudicons.png

There should be enough variety in icon type and line thickness for you to get the HUD display as attention grabbing or unobtrusive as you like. The shapes have no antialiasing, so they should display as cleanly as the scaling engine permits. If you can think of any others, then let me know.

Nice one mate cant wait for the next release.

My body is ready.

Yay!

Would it be possible to remove the HUD icons for enemy units when playing in high command mode? I find it pretty immersion breaking when I have an "all seeing eye" ability that tells me where all the bad guys are when commanding lots of units in a big fight on harder/realism settings.

Would it be possible to remove the HUD icons for enemy units when playing in high command mode? I find it pretty immersion breaking when I have an "all seeing eye" ability that tells me where all the bad guys are when commanding lots of units in a big fight on harder/realism settings.

Just move yourself bodily away from the action and they won't show up.

Just move yourself bodily away from the action and they won't show up.

Heh, then I'm just watching and not playing!

TPW MODS 20140517: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140517.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.24] Configurable icons for units, vehicles, predictive targetting and markers. Predictive targetting will not display directly over the unit's icon. Fixed more undefined variable errors. Removed icon rotation.

Please update your tpw_mods.hpp

tpw_hud_icons[] = {24,23,30,29,22,20}; // HUD icon types, see key below
/*ICONS 
{unit,hidden unit,vehicle, hidden vehicle, marker, predictor}
0: empty
1: 2px_cross
2: 2px_cross_open
3: 2px_cross_small
4: 2px_diamond
5: 2px_diamond_half
6: 2px_diamond_open
7: 2px_dot
8: 2px_line
9: 2px_line_open
10: 2px_square
11: 2px_square_half
12: 2px_square_open
13: 2px_x
14: 2px_x_open
15: 2px_x_small
16: 3px_circle
17: 3px_circle_half
18: 3px_circle_open
19: 3px_cross
20: 3px_cross_open
21: 3px_cross_small
22: 3px_diamond
23: 3px_diamond_half
24: 3px_diamond_open
25: 3px_dot
26: 3px_line
27: 3px_line_open
28: 3px_square
29: 3px_square_half
30: 3px_square_open
31: 3px_x
32: 3px_x_open
33: 3px_x_small
*/

OK so this is a pretty large update which should allow you to configure the HUD pretty much to your liking. It defaults to the icon settings I use, so if you don't like them don't whinge to me about it, just change them to something you do like. The tpw_mod.hpp is annotated with the icon numbers, and I've included hudicons_key.png in the userconfig to aid you.

I will work on dead units and a few other things over the next little while.

@AbortedMan - just take the bloody goggles off. Problem solved.

Edited by tpw

@AbortedMan - just take the bloody goggles off. Problem solved.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean here...

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean here...

Was just being a smartarse. If you remove tactical goggles from the player then the HUD disappears.

Was just being a smartarse. If you remove tactical goggles from the player then the HUD disappears.

Heh, I caught the sarcasm, but since I'm away from my gaming rig I wasn't able to actually test whether literally taking the bloody goggles off was the solution. Will test when I get home...thanks in advance if it works! Much appreciated!

Sorry if I'm derailing the topic a bit, but I'm totally lost on removing goggles...my character isn't wearing anything on his face so I'm not sure what to do.

Been playing Arma since A1 and I feel like a noob asking this question.

Sorry if I'm derailing the topic a bit, but I'm totally lost on removing goggles...my character isn't wearing anything on his face so I'm not sure what to do.

Been playing Arma since A1 and I feel like a noob asking this question.

If there isn't anything showing on the goggles slot of your player's inventory then yes, your character is goggles-less.

@AbortedMan: TPW HUD disables itself when the player is not wearing tactical glasses. It shouldn't matter if you're in high command or not - if the script determines that there are no tac goggles then it won't display anything.

The only thing I can think of is this in your TPW_MODS.hpp:

tpw_hud_addtac = 1; // Automatically add tactical glasses to the player's inventory if they are not already carrying/wearing them. 0 = don't add glasses 

Change it to

tpw_hud_addtac = 0;

So great... No. "Great" it was already, earlier. Now it is more, than great. I think, you achieved for HUD component functionality level, that can be named "optimal". With this icon choice I easily found my own perfection. IMO now RL military would buy such glasses. :) Thank you, tpw.

One note, as for predictive targeting: I accidentally used smoke grenade. Targeting apparently switched for grenade's speed then, so targeting marks was from that moment shown far from the moving units. It was until I fired my rifle (switching to pistol or rifle alone didn't the trick), only then it was back to bullet speed. That's the point - until I fired my rifle, I had false targeting, adapted for low speed grenades. Not sure, if anything can be done about that, doubtful, it is probably (I would guess) based on currentWeapon, and if switching the weapon isn't enough to change value returned by this command, but you have to fire another weapon first, then this is obviously another game issue, not a problem of this mod. Possible workaround would be to ignore "throw" weapon, and leaving previous weapon instead, if "throw"/grenade is detected as current. For throwing targeting prediction anyway has no real meaning IMO.

Great updates tpw!!! Now people can share their custom settings. Rydygier, mind sharing your .hpp? Can't wait to try these new icons.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Another thing - noted, when switched to the third person view, markers not just disappeared, as I set, but started to flicker randomly.

BTW - your NV is so fairy. Cool. :)

Here are my settings:

// HUD
tpw_hud_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_hud_range[] = {25,600}; // effective range of goggles to scan for units
tpw_hud_colour[] = {0.025,0.8,0.4}; // HUD and friendly units colour
tpw_hud_enemycolour[] = {1,0.1,0.05}; // enemy colour
tpw_hud_squadcolour[] = {0,1,1}; // squad and marker colour
tpw_hud_alpha = 0.65; // initial transparency of HUD. 0 = invisible, 1 = opaque
tpw_hud_asl[] =	{0,1.08,0.76,1}; // ASL = height above sea level. [1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 0.6 = X position, 0.45 = Y position, 1 = 

text size]
tpw_hud_hlt[] =	{0,1.08,0.83,1}; // HLT= health.
tpw_hud_tmp[] =	{1,1.08,0.90,1}; // TMP = temperature (from TPW FOG) .  
tpw_hud_lmt[] =	{1,1.08,0.97,1}; // LMT = local mean time.
tpw_hud_grd[] =	{1,1.08,1.04,1}; // GRD = GPS grid coordinates.
tpw_hud_rng[] =	{1,0.3,1.06,1}; // RNG = range to centre of player's gaze. 
tpw_hud_azt[] =	{1,0.38,1.05,1}; // AZT = azimuth (direction of gaze). 
tpw_hud_vel[] =	{1,0.46,1.06,1}; // VEL = speed of player (or player's vehicle).
tpw_hud_prx[] = {0,0.5,0.5,1}; // PRX = display numbers of nearby units.
tpw_hud_unit[] = {1,1.5,0.5,0.65}; // UNITS/MARKERS displayed on HUD, where 1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 2 = icon max size, 0.5 = icon min 

size, 0.75 = text size ( 1 = same size as HUD text).
tpw_hud_offset[] = {0,0}; //HUD offset. [x,y] -0.5 to 0.5
tpw_hud_scale = 0.6; // HUD scale. > 1 = larger
tpw_hud_textscale = 0.7; // HUD text scale. > 1 = larger
tpw_hud_degradation = 1; // HUD performance reduced with distance. 0 = no degradation
tpw_hud_thirdperson = 0; // No HUD in 3rd person. 1 = HUD in 3rd person
tpw_hud_addtac = 0; // Automatically add tactical glasses to the player's inventory if they are not already carrying/wearing them. 0 = 

don't add glasses 

tpw_hud_icons[] = {6,5,12,11,16,15}; // HUD icon types, see key below
/*ICONS 
*/

// HUD LAYOUT - ONLY EDIT THESE IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING WITH STRUCTURED TEXT
tpw_hud_asl_txt = "<t align ='right' size='1.8' shadow='2'>%1<t size='0.8'><br />Height</t>"; // ASL
tpw_hud_grd_txt = "<t align ='right' size='1.8' shadow='2'>%1<t size='0.8'><br />Coordinates</t>"; // GRD
tpw_hud_lmt_txt = "<t align ='right' size='1.8' shadow='2'>%1:%2<t size='0.8'><br />Local Time</t>"; // LMT
tpw_hud_tmp_txt = "<t align ='right' size='1.8' shadow='2'>%1°C<t size='0.8'><br />Temperature</t>"; // TMP
tpw_hud_hlt_txt = "<t align ='right' size='1.8' shadow='2'>%1<t size='0.8'><br />Health</t>"; // HLT
tpw_hud_rng_txt = "<t align ='center' size='1.3' shadow='2'>%1<t size='0.7'><br />meters</t>"; // RNG
tpw_hud_azt_txt = "<t align ='center' size='1.5' shadow='2' font='PuristaBold'>%1<t size='1.0'><br />%2</t>"; // AZT
tpw_hud_vel_txt = "<t align ='center' size='1.3' shadow='2'>%1<t size='0.7'><br />km/h</t>"; // VEL
tpw_hud_airvel_txt = "<t align ='center' size='1.2' shadow='2'>%1<t size='0.7'><br />kn/h</t>"; // VEL IN AIRCRAFT
tpw_hud_prx_txt = "<t color='%4' size='0.7'>%1</t> <t color='%5' size='0.7'>%2</t> <t color='%6' size='0.7'>%3</t><t size='0.25'><br 

/></t>"; // PRX
//><

EDIT: reduced by 30% units counter numbers size (these in the center of the screen) and removed "PRX" text to make this element less intrusive. Result.

Edited by Rydygier

Another thing - noted, when switched to the third person view, markers not just disappeared, as I set, but started to flicker randomly.

BTW - your NV is so fairy. Cool. :)

Here are my settings:

// HUD
tpw_hud_asl[] ={0,1.08,0.76,1}; // ASL = height above sea level. [1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 0.6 = X position, 0.45 = Y position, 1 = text size]
tpw_hud_hlt[] ={0,1.08,0.83,1}; // HLT= health.
tpw_hud_tmp[] ={1,1.08,0.90,1}; // TMP = temperature (from TPW FOG) .  
tpw_hud_lmt[] ={1,1.08,0.97,1}; // LMT = local mean time.
tpw_hud_grd[] ={1,1.08,1.04,1}; // GRD = GPS grid coordinates.
tpw_hud_rng[] ={1,0.3,1.06,1}; // RNG = range to centre of player's gaze. 
tpw_hud_azt[] ={1,0.38,1.05,1}; // AZT = azimuth (direction of gaze). 
tpw_hud_vel[] ={1,0.46,1.06,1}; // VEL = speed of player (or player's vehicle).
tpw_hud_unit[] = {1,1.5,0.5,0.65}; // UNITS/MARKERS displayed on HUD, where 1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 2 = icon max size, 0.5 = icon min size, 0.75 = text size ( 1 = same size as HUD text).
tpw_hud_degradation = 1; // HUD performance reduced with distance. 0 = no degradation
tpw_hud_addtac = 0; // Automatically add tactical glasses to the player's inventory if they are not already carrying/wearing them. 0 = don't add glasses 

/*ICONS 
*/

// HUD LAYOUT - ONLY EDIT THESE IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING WITH STRUCTURED TEXT
tpw_hud_asl_txt = "<t align ='right' size='1.8' shadow='2'>%1<t size='0.8'><br />Height</t>"; // ASL
tpw_hud_grd_txt = "<t align ='right' size='1.8' shadow='2'>%1<t size='0.8'><br />Coordinates</t>"; // GRD
tpw_hud_lmt_txt = "<t align ='right' size='1.8' shadow='2'>%1:%2<t size='0.8'><br />Local Time</t>"; // LMT
tpw_hud_tmp_txt = "<t align ='right' size='1.8' shadow='2'>%1°C<t size='0.8'><br />Temperature</t>"; // TMP
tpw_hud_hlt_txt = "<t align ='right' size='1.8' shadow='2'>%1<t size='0.8'><br />Health</t>"; // HLT
tpw_hud_rng_txt = "<t align ='center' size='1.3' shadow='2'>%1<t size='0.7'><br />meters</t>"; // RNG
tpw_hud_azt_txt = "<t align ='center' size='1.5' shadow='2' font='PuristaBold'>%1<t size='1.0'><br />%2</t>"; // AZT
tpw_hud_vel_txt = "<t align ='center' size='1.3' shadow='2'>%1<t size='0.7'><br />km/h</t>"; // VEL
tpw_hud_airvel_txt = "<t align ='center' size='1.2' shadow='2'>%1<t size='0.7'><br />kn/h</t>"; // VEL IN AIRCRAFT
tpw_hud_prx_txt = "<t color='%4'>%1</t> <t color='%5'>%2</t> <t color='%6'>%3</t><t size='0.5'><br />PRX</t>"; // PRX
//><

Thanks for sharing Rydygier. Must get to PC.

I'll release an updated version of TPW SETTINGS this evening: until then, don't try to use it or it will mess up your .hpp and presets.

Yay!

Rydygier, tpw,

Not sure if it was because I used the PWS update method but the .hpp did not look like Ryd's for the HUD settings. The sequence for the parameters were off. I had to manually match each line.

Here's what mine looked like:

// HUD

tpw_hud_asl[] = {0,1.08,0.76,1}; // ASL = height above sea level. [1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 0.6 = X position, 0.45 = Y position, 1 = text size]

tpw_hud_azt[] = {1,0.38,1.05,1}; // AZT = azimuth (direction of gaze).

tpw_hud_grd[] = {1,1.08,1.04,1}; // GRD = GPS grid coordinates.

tpw_hud_lmt[] = {1,1.08,0.97,1}; // LMT = local mean time.

tpw_hud_tmp[] = {1,1.08,0.90,1}; // TMP = temperature (from TPW FOG) .

tpw_hud_hlt[] = {0,1.08,0.83,1}; // HLT= health.

tpw_hud_rng[] = {1,0.3,1.06,1}; // RNG = range to centre of player's gaze.

tpw_hud_vel[] = {1,0.46,1.06,1}; // VEL = speed of player (or player's vehicle).

tpw_hud_unit[] = {1,1.5,0.5,0.65}; // UNITS/MARKERS displayed on HUD, where 1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 1 = icon max size, 0.25 = icon min size, 0.75 = text size ( 1 = same size as HUD text).

tpw_hud_addtac = 1; // Automatically add tactical glasses to the player's inventory if they are not already carrying/wearing them. 0 = don't add glasses

/*ICONS

*/

tpw_hud_asl_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />ASL</t>"; // ASL

tpw_hud_azt_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />AZT %2</t>"; // AZT

tpw_hud_grd_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />GRD</t>"; // GRD

tpw_hud_lmt_txt = "%1%2<t size='0.5'><br />LMT</t>"; // LMT

tpw_hud_tmp_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />TMP</t>"; // TMP

tpw_hud_hlt_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />HLT</t>"; // HLT

tpw_hud_rng_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />RNG</t>"; // RNG

tpw_hud_vel_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />VEL</t>"; // VEL

tpw_hud_airvel_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />VEL KTS</t>"; // VEL IN AIRCRAFT

tpw_hud_prx_txt = "<t color='%4'>%1</t> <t color='%5'>%2</t> <t color='%6'>%3</t><t size='0.5'><br />PRX</t>"; // PRX

//><

Also not sure what the PRX is for?

TPW SETTINGS

[1.6.1] | UPDATE YOUR PRESETS

- parameters matching HUD [1.24]

Remember to update your presets, adding the new line

tpw_hud_icons[] = {24,23,30,29,22,20};

between

tpw_hud_addtac = 1;

and

tpw_hud_asl_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />ASL</t>";

I managed to push the update already. @tpw you may want to consider reuploading your package with [1.6.1] embedded.

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

Also not sure what the PRX is for?

Shows amount of team/allied/hostile units actually marked on HUD. Useful, when you are in the combat, lots of shooting etc. and you want in simply way determine, if any enemy to shoot is still there/how much of them.

The sequence for the parameters were off. I had to manually match each line.

Not sure, if I understood the problem, but maybe it has something to do with screen resolution (1920x1080 here)?

Shows amount of team/allied/hostile units actually marked on HUD. Useful, when you are in the combat, lots of shooting etc. and you want in simply way determine, if any enemy to shoot is still there/how much of them.

Not sure, if I understood the problem, but maybe it has something to do with screen resolution (1920x1080 here)?

Thanks.

Last question. Is there a way to enable HUD for all playable units? Sorry if this has been asked already. When I switch, the player is missing the tactical glasses in its inventory.

Edited by sttosin